Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,735 members, 7,817,024 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:20 PM

Saraki Debunks Frivolous Allegations By Code Of Conduct Tribunal - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Saraki Debunks Frivolous Allegations By Code Of Conduct Tribunal (15955 Views)

Saraki At The Code Of Conduct Tribunal For False Asset Declaration (photos) / Saraki's Trial At The Code Of Conduct Tribunal Continues... (Live Update) / Saraki Debunks Frivolous Allegations By Code Of Conduct Tribunal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Saraki Debunks Frivolous Allegations By Code Of Conduct Tribunal by BrBakreez(m): 4:05pm On Sep 16, 2015
poseidon12:

So you think the EFCC chairman is innocent of the allegations against him because the petition is written by a "convicted criminal".
So how come you are not also advising the chairman to approach the court?
The allegations in that petition which I read seem easy and straight forward to verify. The petition must be taken seriously and
investigated. No selective fight against corruption.
The chairman wrote a letter stating that he would not be able to attend at the slated date due to reasons best known to him, that alone deserved to be honoured. Even lawyers take adjournment in court when sucj situation arise. You cannot commence trial in absentia of the defendant, in this case Lamorde, and that was among one of those illegalities that occurred in that ongoing proceeding. The chairman is still busy investigating the wife of the Senate President and some persons intend to frustrate his effort by giving him distraction with some unwarranted petition. You should learn more about the independence of the legislature except during an obvious illegality that can be challenged in court. As at today Lamorde cannot obtain injunction to stop the process except the illegility becomes manifest and he is punished as a result of it.
Re: Saraki Debunks Frivolous Allegations By Code Of Conduct Tribunal by smuth(m): 4:24pm On Sep 16, 2015
Sahliar Reporters bursted again.
Re: Saraki Debunks Frivolous Allegations By Code Of Conduct Tribunal by porka: 4:35pm On Sep 16, 2015
BrBakreez:

The truth is he feels aggrieved and the best place where he can ventilate is grieviance is the court of law, I have learnt very fast that any gibberish can be updated on social media, you can indict, prosecute, convict and sentence simulteneously on social media but a different ball game in court. You can act as the most innocent on social media but you might made to sweat it out in the court. I have friends in kwara and I have spent some time there too. Most of those allegation predates when he emerged senator and senate president respectively. In other words, kwarans are mostly at the receiving end of all the alleged atrocities. Nigerians I believe are yet to see the real man called Saraki but he has just displayed two cards among which is the circumstance in which he emerged Senate President and the Kangaroo investigation of EFCC chairman over a petition brought by a convicted criminal in USA despite stringent opposition by Senators that due process had not been followed. If Saraki wants the informed minds to take him serious let him take the Code of Conduct Bureau to court for defamation of character. At least that agency does not have immunity the last time I checked. I believe he has gotten to the peak of his political career hence cannot stretch beyond its elastic limit except he is ready to collapse beyond proportion. Nigerians are watching with keen interest. The "we" I refer to are the enlighten Kwarans particularly and Nigerians generally who knows the man called Saraki beyond the praise and worship you might want to do. I have not referred to him as guilty in any way but we would love him to brace up like a gentle man who understands the law of the land to have them pay for the price
[size=13pt]
But you didn't see anything wrong with the due process in this Code of Conduct Bureau's 'frivolous' charges despite the fact that Nigeria currently doesn't have an ATTORNEY GENERAL of Federation whose responsibility it is to prosecute. [/size]
Re: Saraki Debunks Frivolous Allegations By Code Of Conduct Tribunal by porka: 4:40pm On Sep 16, 2015
BrBakreez:

The chairman wrote a letter stating that he would not be able to attend at the slated date due to reasons best known to him, that alone deserved to be honoured. Even lawyers take adjournment in court when sucj situation arise. You cannot commence trial in absentia of the defendant, in this case Lamorde, and that was among one of those illegalities that occurred in that ongoing proceeding. The chairman is still busy investigating the wife of the Senate President and some persons intend to frustrate his effort by giving him distraction with some unwarranted petition. You should learn more about the independence of the legislature except during an obvious illegality that can be challenged in court. As at today Lamorde cannot obtain injunction to stop the process except the illegility becomes manifest and he is punished as a result of it.
[size=13pt]
The legislature can summon anyone to appear before it, no matter who that person is.

Larmode does not have any immunity against the Senate summons.[/size]
Re: Saraki Debunks Frivolous Allegations By Code Of Conduct Tribunal by abimic(m): 4:52pm On Sep 16, 2015
Heheheh.. .. If all our politicians do defend themselves, then I guess none is corrupt! One would now wonder how this country got herself in this mess. Whether Saraki likes it or not, whether I can prove it or not, all I know is that, saraki like many other politicians got us to this bad state of the country. These crop of politicians should have long seen the back door but guess our being used to the state of our country still gives hope to the likes of saraki whose affluence stems from Nigerians' common wealth. Be that as it may, no old stock set of politicians is free of corruption.

1 Like

Re: Saraki Debunks Frivolous Allegations By Code Of Conduct Tribunal by hinwazaka: 4:52pm On Sep 16, 2015
VOICEOFJUSTICE:
ok shocked
You are probably not in Nigeria. In this country, men will sleep with anything in a skirt. In fact the bigger the B**TCH, the better the rump, so they say. Just go to brothels, and you will understand why you are so off base
Re: Saraki Debunks Frivolous Allegations By Code Of Conduct Tribunal by shedracknweze(m): 4:56pm On Sep 16, 2015
why now?
Re: Saraki Debunks Frivolous Allegations By Code Of Conduct Tribunal by cabaliciouscabal: 5:32pm On Sep 16, 2015
Is now am confirming dat dis man call saraki is not competent to be d senate president .

Imagine CCB accused him of mis information and he is avin d order city to say dat was in 2003, Weda 2003 or 1945 once a crime has bn detected, u go for it.

Wat kind of justification is he putting up.

It is a known fact dat d man's way has not bn pure, he is a common liar and a disgrace to himself and his family.

#Criminals Ruling Us

1 Like

Re: Saraki Debunks Frivolous Allegations By Code Of Conduct Tribunal by October1960: 12:05am On Sep 17, 2015
What about the airport fraud in Kwara - ask World Bank ??
Re: Saraki Debunks Frivolous Allegations By Code Of Conduct Tribunal by aresa: 12:17am On Sep 17, 2015
The most senior lawmaker in Nigeria litigating charges against him in the media instead of court of law...

What a cartoon character, thoughtless, naive and layman thinking lawmaker...
Re: Saraki Debunks Frivolous Allegations By Code Of Conduct Tribunal by aresa: 12:23am On Sep 17, 2015
porka:

[size=13pt]
But you didn't see anything wrong with the due process in this Code of Conduct Bureau's 'frivolous' charges despite the fact that Nigeria currently doesn't have an ATTORNEY GENERAL of Federation whose responsibility it is to prosecute. [/size]

The 13-count charge against Saraki, Tribune Online gathered, was filed before the tribunal by the Code of Conduct Bureau[b] through the Office of the Attorney General of the Federation[/b]

The office of the AG is still alive and well with statutory obligations to prosecute anybody regardless who is in or out. Do you even know the meaning of the office of the AG?
Re: Saraki Debunks Frivolous Allegations By Code Of Conduct Tribunal by Nobody: 3:11am On Sep 17, 2015
Societe General Bank - saraki was part of the people that ruined it

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Saraki Meets The Screened Ambassadorial Nominees (photos) / Sokoto Government Recalls 39 Students From UAE Over Recession / Yahaya Bello's Supporters Stage Anti-Dino Melaye Protests In Ijumu (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.