Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,743 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:52 PM

Igbos A Threat To Yorubas ? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbos A Threat To Yorubas ? (6964 Views)

'PDP Not A Threat At All In 2019' - APC Boasts / Saraki Is A Threat To APC, Democracy - Adamawa Lawmaker, Alhassan Urmar / Radio Biafra And Nnamdi Kanu: A Threat to Nigeria's Stability. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbos A Threat To Yorubas ? by xrisdon(m): 1:36pm On Sep 16, 2015
The fear of the Igbos is the beginning of wisdom

Yorubas feel threatened by the Igbos!
The harder they try to deny it the obvious it becomes.

Let me use few instances, you can counter it if I'm wrong.

1, Igbos historians said that Igbos are Jews i.e. they migrated from one of the tribe of israel and occupied the present location they are living today (igboland)
and they backed it up with cultural similarity with the Jews and other evidents including some historic sites in the present day Aguleri, all pointing to the fact that Igbos are truly decedent of Jews tribe.
even some decade ago there were Jewish experts t hat were sent to study all those things and they came to the conclusion that Igbos are truly Jews..

whether they are right or wrong is not my point here.
meanwhile every tribe migrated from somewhere, just as some say the hausas are from Arab.
even the yorubas said that they are from heaven/ sky (oduduwa) grin grin
you hardly see the igbos or Hausas or ijows being jealous of them or talking about it because they are from heaven.
the same way you hardly see an Hausa man talking about. igbos being a Jew or being jealous of them or envy them unlike our Yoruba brothers.

2, I often see igbos using phrases like: yorubas and Hausa/ fulani or s. West and North.
for igbos they are advocating that even if Nigeria will divide these two groups can be cool as one country, infact they are not threatened by the unity of these groups.

But in contrast when a phrase like S. east and s. south is been mentioned even when its not from an igbo man you will the yorubas saying things like:

they don't see themselves as igbos,

why are you attaching them by force,

they will not go with you etc.

Inside them I know all these comments is because of fear, jealousy, envy etc.
thats why they are threatened by the unity of the two.
you hardly see an Hausa man making such comments.

I would have go on and on but unfortunately time will not permit me.

my question is why are yorubas Afraid of the igbos

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Igbos A Threat To Yorubas ? by ericposh(m): 1:38pm On Sep 16, 2015
Op define "threat"

1 Like

Re: Igbos A Threat To Yorubas ? by yorubatic: 1:42pm On Sep 16, 2015
my fetish sophisticated yoruba people logic, benin republic is deluded for not merging with Nigeria, Togo is deluded for not merging with nigeria, even ghana, niger, chat and etc are all deluded for not merging with nigeria. ...and Biafrans are deluded for wanting to part ways with nigeria, But
Yorubas are wise for pepertual servitude to the Hausa / Fulani. ...truly my fetish people are born clowns and Hausa / Fulani slave ....

To my fetish yoruba people, Igbo are a threat, but hausa fulanis are loving masters. ...my diabolical cowards people are confused clowns .....my evil people constantly having sleepless nights because of igbo giants

Since this change, change mantra started , I have found out that my fetish yoruba people who chant the change mantra loudest are still the same evil people protesting and crying because of hunger. ...what is wrong with my evil yoruba people...my yoruba people are truly cursed to be slaves of Hausa-Fulani forever ...

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbos A Threat To Yorubas ? by xrisdon(m): 2:13pm On Sep 16, 2015
ericposh:
Op define "threat"

consult your dictionary please,
I'm not your teacher

14 Likes

Re: Igbos A Threat To Yorubas ? by ericposh(m): 2:21pm On Sep 16, 2015
xrisdon:

consult your dictionary please, I'm not your teacher
Igbos are not threats
Re: Igbos A Threat To Yorubas ? by Nobody: 2:27pm On Sep 16, 2015
ofcoz igbos are threat to us
lets say d truth and shame d devil cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Igbos A Threat To Yorubas ? by Blizzyblinkzy(f): 2:46pm On Sep 16, 2015
Re: Igbos A Threat To Yorubas ? by Blizzyblinkzy(f): 2:53pm On Sep 16, 2015
Re: Igbos A Threat To Yorubas ? by xrisdon(m): 2:59pm On Sep 16, 2015
ericposh:

Igbos are not threats

why are yorubas feel threatened anytime the word igbo is mentioned ?

12 Likes

Re: Igbos A Threat To Yorubas ? by xrisdon(m): 3:37pm On Sep 16, 2015
MrKontrovErsy:

gbam!

11 Likes

Re: Igbos A Threat To Yorubas ? by xrisdon(m): 4:49pm On Sep 16, 2015
Blizzyblinkzy:

what do you have to say?
Re: Igbos A Threat To Yorubas ? by coolitempa(f): 4:59pm On Sep 16, 2015
xrisdon:

yorubas feel threatened by the Igbos!
The had they try to deny it the obvious it becomes.

1, Igbos historians said that Igbos are Jews i.e. they migrated from one of the tribe of israel and occupied the present location they are living today (igboland)
and they backed it up with cultural similarity with the Jews and other evidents including some historic sites in the present day Aguleri, all pointing to the fact that Igbos are truly decedent of Jews tribe.
even some decade ago there were Jewish experts t hat were sent to study all those things and they came to the conclusion that Igbos are truly Jews..

meanwhile every tribe migrated from somewhere, just as some say the hausas are from Arab.
you hardly see the igbos or Hausas or ijows being jealous of them or talking about it because they are from heaven.
the same way you hardly see an Hausa man talking about. igbos being a Jew or being jealous of them or envy them unlike our Yoruba brothers.

2, I often see igbos using phrases like: yorubas and Hausa/ fulani or s. West and North.
for igbos they are advocating that even if Nigeria will divide these two groups can be cool as one country, infact they are not threatened by the unity of these groups.

But in contrast when a phrase like S. east and s. south is been mentioned even when its not from an igbo man you will the yorubas saying things like:

Although you are a barely literate individual, I will indulge your misplaced thinking. Let me state clearly that we are not threatened by your people....we just want you out of our lands..... cheesy...into your lands....Biafra......no group of people ever receives mass inward migration of strangers into their lands without repercussions...even in the predominantly white Europe...immigration is the biggest talking point in all their elections.... cheesy

7 Likes

Re: Igbos A Threat To Yorubas ? by disumusa: 5:15pm On Sep 16, 2015
MrKontrovErsy:
you need job, yorubas see ibos as nothing.

5 Likes

Re: Igbos A Threat To Yorubas ? by SonOfEl(m): 5:36pm On Sep 16, 2015
disumusa:

really? so why are you angry and bitter about 'nothing'?

23 Likes

Re: Igbos A Threat To Yorubas ? by ayokellany: 5:53pm On Sep 16, 2015
At a time I use to think the Igbos were intelligent but Jonathan really expose the fact that a greater percentage of the Igbos are lunatics. A typical example is this OP. It Is even more pathetic one can be so boastful with such an appalling sense of reasoning.

9 Likes

Re: Igbos A Threat To Yorubas ? by ArodewilliamsT: 6:11pm On Sep 16, 2015
xrisdon:

yorubas feel threatened by the Igbos!
The had they try to deny it the obvious it becomes.

Thanks for the revelation, we Igbos put Hausa/fulani/yoruba/kanuri/ nupe together, still yet them no reach. grin

But a if SSner types "SE/SS" yoruba go wan sh!t for pant. Why na. Alcatraz001 come answer abeg, you are our resident Coward-General of NL. grin

20 Likes

Re: Igbos A Threat To Yorubas ? by xrisdon(m): 9:23pm On Sep 16, 2015
coolitempa:

Although you are a barely literate individual, I will indulge your misplaced thinking. Let me state clearly that we are not threatened by your people....we just want you out of our lands..... cheesy...into your lands....Biafra......no group of people ever receives mass inward migration of strangers into their lands without repercussions...even in the predominantly white Europe...immigration is the biggest talking point in all their elections.... cheesy

I know you will never admit it!

can you just listen to yourself.... educated illiterate!
if you are not threatened by our presence in your land why do you want us out?

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos A Threat To Yorubas ? by Duru1(m): 9:40pm On Sep 16, 2015
No Sir, Igbo are in no way or form a threat to Yari.ba. However the latter may feel threaten by the inherently persistent nature of the former.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos A Threat To Yorubas ? by coolitempa(f): 9:47pm On Sep 16, 2015
xrisdon:

I know you will never admit it!

can you just listen to yourself.... educated illiterate!
if you are not threatened by our presence in your land why do you want us out?

Are you a slowpoke or what...what is wrong with you people.....can you guys not just employ some sense and reason for a change....Yorubas and ibos are both black but different people ...this we all agree....however......when one group migrates enmass to another......the owners always revolt.....there is nothing wrong with Yorubas feeling and wanting you guys away but there is everything wrong with you guys for wanting to force yourselves on your host........the elastic band is stretching and will soon break....let the iboes have their country and go.....simple..... We are just tired..... angry angry

1 Like

Re: Igbos A Threat To Yorubas ? by coolitempa(f): 9:49pm On Sep 16, 2015
This is my own reason for wanting Biafra......not out of any fake love for iboes but for stupid Yorubas who are being too accommodating and stretching and sharing our limited resources with evil and wicked people.......iboes must have Biafra....by fire by thunder...... angry

1 Like

Re: Igbos A Threat To Yorubas ? by xrisdon(m): 9:50pm On Sep 16, 2015
Duru1:
No Sir, Igbo are in no way or form a threat to Yari.ba. However the latter may feel threaten by the inherently persistent nature of the former.

exactly,
but they will never admit it

2 Likes

Re: Igbos A Threat To Yorubas ? by OZAOEKPE(f): 9:51pm On Sep 16, 2015
coolitempa:
This is my own reason for wanting Biafra......not out of any fake love for iboes but for stupid Yorubas who are being too accommodating and stretching and sharing our limited resources with evil and wicked people.......iboes must have Biafra....by fire by thunder...... angry
"eshimwju, please hide that third leg".

6 Likes

Re: Igbos A Threat To Yorubas ? by xrisdon(m): 9:53pm On Sep 16, 2015
ArodewilliamsT:

Thanks for the revelation, we Igbos put Hausa/fulani/yoruba/kanuri/ nupe together, still yet them no reach. grin

But a if SSner types "SE/SS" yoruba go wan sh!t for pant. Why na. Alcatraz001 come answer abeg, you are our resident Coward-General of NL. grin

....and you will see them use their divide and rule tactics

6 Likes

Re: Igbos A Threat To Yorubas ? by xrisdon(m): 10:03pm On Sep 16, 2015
coolitempa:

Are you a slowpoke or what...what is wrong with you people.....can you guys not just employ some sense and reason for a change....Yorubas and ibos are both black but different people ...this we all agree....however......when one group migrates enmass to another......the owners always revolt.....there is nothing wrong with Yorubas feeling and wanting you guys away but there is everything wrong with you guys for wanting to force yourselves on your host........the elastic band is stretching and will soon break....let the iboes have their country and go.....simple..... We are just tired..... angry angry

you are just barking for nothing.

first, you just admitted that the large numbers of Igbos in your land is making uncomfortable.

secondly, there is nothing you and your co travellers can do about it!
its your fate, accept it that way.

7 Likes

Re: Igbos A Threat To Yorubas ? by coolitempa(f): 10:06pm On Sep 16, 2015
The Americans complain about the Mexicans......the british complain about Muslims.....Hungary shuts its borders.....France does the same....Nigeria did the same against Ghana...... cheesy grin.....seriously the only people that will benefit from Biafra and Nigeria sef breaking up are the Yorubas....it will be the best thing ever for us but our people are simply too accommodating...although I suspect things are beginning to change.......even the ruling class are beginning to look at this issue....let the iboes go......Biafra by thunder...by fire.... angry.......we have suffered enough insults from ungrateful bastarrds and wretches...... angry

6 Likes

Re: Igbos A Threat To Yorubas ? by coolitempa(f): 10:07pm On Sep 16, 2015
xrisdon:

you are just barking for nothing.

first, you just admitted that the large numbers of Igbos in your land is making uncomfortable.

secondly, there is nothing you and your co travellers can do about it!
its your fate, accept it that way.

Idiot....so you animals no longer want Biafra........ cheesy cheesy
Re: Igbos A Threat To Yorubas ? by xrisdon(m): 10:08pm On Sep 16, 2015
OZAOEKPE:

"eshimwju, please hide that third leg".

lol,
I thought he is a female grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Igbos A Threat To Yorubas ? by Nobody: 10:12pm On Sep 16, 2015
disumusa:

u are a liar my brother.
we only use propaganda against dem

5 Likes

Re: Igbos A Threat To Yorubas ? by xrisdon(m): 10:13pm On Sep 16, 2015
coolitempa:

Idiot....so you animals no longer want Biafra........ cheesy cheesy

Insults will not alleviate you from your pains, yes... pains because I can feel it Inside you

9 Likes

Re: Igbos A Threat To Yorubas ? by Duru1(m): 10:15pm On Sep 16, 2015
coolitempa:

Nigerians are funny indeed. Talk of growing some brains, the bolded spoke volumes. Please nobody is black or white. Igbo person is Igbo not "black". It is brazen display of ignorance to identify human beings by hue.

9 Likes

Re: Igbos A Threat To Yorubas ? by coolitempa(f): 10:17pm On Sep 16, 2015
xrisdon:

Insults will not alleviate you from your pains, yes... pains because I can feel it Inside you

Yes...my pain is seeing animals running without control in my forefathers land..... cheesy cheesy
Re: Igbos A Threat To Yorubas ? by coolitempa(f): 10:18pm On Sep 16, 2015
Duru1:

Nigerians are funny indeed. Talk of growing some brains, the bolded spoke volumes. Please nobody is black or white. Igbo person is Igbo not "black". It is brazen display of ignorance to identify human beings by hue.

Nothing funny about Nigerians.....we are all humans like everyone else......we just want you animals out of our country........ cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Are The Igbos Really Jews? See The Colonial Flag And Currency Of Nigeria / Governor Ugwuanyi Celebrates 57th Birthday With The Elderly / 2023 Presidency: What I Will Do If PDP Zones Ticket To North And APC To South

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.