Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,855 members, 7,817,529 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:49 PM

Surviving In Nigeria On N80,000 A Month - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Surviving In Nigeria On N80,000 A Month (6216 Views)

Ahmed Mazloum Represents Nigeria On Kilimanjaro Mountain / Tips For Surviving An Airplane Crash / Surviving In America With No Relatives/friends:please Give Us Your Experience? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Surviving In Nigeria On N80,000 A Month by Sagamite(m): 9:05am On Apr 11, 2009
platinumnk:

You dont love your wife at all do you, you want to leave her there and let her raise the kids alone  Much less talk about a 2nd Wife!! Shame on you and we have the nerve to speak about AA ppl and how they abandon their families.  My uncle split with his wife and got a second one in 9ja, form what the kids were before and what they are now, I dont think  they have ever fully recovered. Think about what you doing, stop being selfish, I'm so surprised that ppl are helping u rather than chastising u for wanting to leave your home, then on top of that get a 2nd wife, so what do you think that Women are all disposable now SMH~

After watching a film yesterday: "Diary of a tired black man"

If his wife is one of those "strong" black women potrayed in the film (apparently most black women in America are like that and I notice he mentioned seeking respect), then I will not only refuse to condemn him for leaving his wife, I will encourage him to do so and find a nice young girl where he goes. Not only him, I will encourage other men in that situation to do the same.

I have always heard from different sources that black american women have issues and the film brilliantly summarises everything.

My only additional advice is he should plan how to send some REASONABLE (not exorbitant or miniscule) support dough for his kids.

On the post, £300 a month for one individual in Ibadan should guarantee no hunger as long as the source of money is resilient and reliable. I believe I can assume he already has assets (e.g. furniture) he will take back with him.
Re: Surviving In Nigeria On N80,000 A Month by Igwe9(m): 10:37am On Apr 11, 2009
@ op
Presently, 80k /month exclusive of taxes is not all that bad for a place like Ibadan but will be pretty bad if you become redundancy and lazy.
I 'll advice you think of other ways to increase your monthly returns unless you are that stingy and self centered.
To be continued . . . . .
Re: Surviving In Nigeria On N80,000 A Month by sweetpain: 12:14pm On Apr 11, 2009
@OP
80K and alone? I think you will do well.

But that equation changes the moment you factor in a second wife. Remember wife has a family to which you owe obligations. And mind you a second wife does not immune you to the currents you get from a passing angelina.

So if you are able to get your kini to behave you will have peace. But this is going to be difficult for a 40 yr old educated man. So in the end it comes down to a battle between you and your kini.
Re: Surviving In Nigeria On N80,000 A Month by Pataki: 12:17pm On Apr 11, 2009
oyb:

it would seem that pataki took FULL  advantage of the official stance on prostitution during his sojourn in the netherlands , and picked a few bad habits grin

i have to wonder just how he came by this knowledge. its not as if rates for prosties are in the pages of the Wednesday guardian, is it?
You must have been reading your Wednesday Guardian newspaper upside down. I suggest you go and update your glasses. grin

We are trying to do a cost analysis for the poster here. He likes pepper soup and obviously likes women as well. So he needs all the advice/suggestions he can get here. tongue Or you want to market your Festac prosties for us here? I heard there are quite a number these days on D-close. grin

@ Poster,
Which area of Ibadan do you intend living in? If you are into pepper soup, I can name some areas for you. It basically depends on your taste and preference though. But a plate of pepper soup with correct fresh fish is within the range of 1,000 - 1,500 Naira. And remember you would need a woman by your side to step down the pepper soup oh. Or you want to be drinking pepper soup all by yourself? cheesy
Re: Surviving In Nigeria On N80,000 A Month by kadman(m): 12:24pm On Apr 11, 2009
oyb:

i have to wonder just how he came by this knowledge. its not as if rates for prosties are in the pages of the Wednesday guardian, is it?

Dead at the word prosties I don't know why but too funny lol
Re: Surviving In Nigeria On N80,000 A Month by ijleke(f): 1:14pm On Apr 11, 2009
@ how much is that in $ ?
Re: Surviving In Nigeria On N80,000 A Month by Sagamite(m): 2:35pm On Apr 11, 2009
Pataki:

@ Poster,
Which area of Ibadan do you intend living in? If you are into pepper soup, I can name some areas for you. It basically depends on your taste and preference though. But a plate of pepper soup with correct fresh fish is within the range of 1,000 - 1,500 Naira. And remember you would need a woman by your side to step down the pepper soup oh. Or you want to be drinking pepper soup all by yourself? cheesy

N1500 for peppersoup in Ibadan? Damn, that is virtually the same cost as in London.
Re: Surviving In Nigeria On N80,000 A Month by DisGuy: 3:58pm On Apr 11, 2009
is he even sure of the 80k monthly from coaching kids football, never knew people paid to join youth football clubs

is the 80k confirmed?

you cant really budget in naija, many things come up from nowhere, police, family,nepa,water etc

you go try o!!

i dont think he's in good terms with his wife
Re: Surviving In Nigeria On N80,000 A Month by Obalende: 4:38pm On Apr 11, 2009
that amount is good. just also expand into other investments that give you additional investment income once you get your self settled. Best of luck!
Re: Surviving In Nigeria On N80,000 A Month by adebaxton(m): 8:21pm On Apr 11, 2009
if you are ready
Re: Surviving In Nigeria On N80,000 A Month by Nobody: 9:07pm On Apr 11, 2009
You guys are damn funny.
Talking of peppersoup and prostitutes.
Na that one dem send una?

Really, one can't budget in Naija.
You must make provisions for:
Police
Repair of your bashed car by okada riders
Alms/offering in church
Replacement of stolen properties etc. . .
Re: Surviving In Nigeria On N80,000 A Month by wanville(m): 10:07pm On Apr 11, 2009
smiley
Re: Surviving In Nigeria On N80,000 A Month by Kobojunkie: 1:28am On Apr 12, 2009
BlueDiva:

You guys are damn funny.
Talking of peppersoup and prostitutes.
Na that one dem send una?

Really, one can't budget in Naija.
You must make provisions for:
Police
Repair of your bashed car by okada riders
Alms/offering in church
Replacement of stolen properties etc. . .

Hi, I left Ohio a long while ago but I hear it is ok there.
Re: Surviving In Nigeria On N80,000 A Month by semid4lyfe(m): 8:18am On Apr 12, 2009
U guys 4got to add N8000 tithe to ur calculations.(assuming the poster is a christian).
@poster
80k ain't much but it can be managed.
Re: Surviving In Nigeria On N80,000 A Month by Sagamite(m): 10:37am On Apr 12, 2009
semid4lyfe:

U guys 4got to add N8000 tithe to ur calculations.(assuming the poster is a christian).
@poster

If it is one of those salvation churches, then the tithe will be more like N35K or else he does not love God.
Re: Surviving In Nigeria On N80,000 A Month by spikedcylinder: 3:25pm On Apr 12, 2009
semid4lyfe:

@poster

Exactly! So all he's really working with is 72K.
Re: Surviving In Nigeria On N80,000 A Month by dani1luv: 6:02pm On Apr 12, 2009
72k and dont 4get ur transport fees tongue
Re: Surviving In Nigeria On N80,000 A Month by Nobody: 8:59pm On Apr 12, 2009
considering the fact that the op is into football. . .
better add dstv or hitv subscription. . .(after dish purcahse and installation)

and that definetely means buying a generator and petrol/diesel. . .
Re: Surviving In Nigeria On N80,000 A Month by Honda29: 8:09am On Apr 13, 2009
Sagamite:

If it is one of those salvation churches, then the tithe will be more like N35K or else he does not love God.

Those criminals (sorry men of god) are really laughing their ways to the bank thanks to the large number of mugus (sorry church members).

1 Like

Re: Surviving In Nigeria On N80,000 A Month by nelie(m): 1:53pm On Apr 13, 2009
My brother enjoy life ooo when u get to ib. There are happening night clubs such as options 247, premeier hotel, cottons, the dome, only to mention a few, the ashawo's there, esp aristo wouldnt collect more than 2k-3k, Ibadan is really fun oooo my brother, i prefer it to lagos
Re: Surviving In Nigeria On N80,000 A Month by Nobody: 4:23pm On Apr 13, 2009
Let me second what two folks have already alluded here:women look like they are disposables and more of an object of sex. I hope not to get a ban cause people said it in this direction. But I know women know what they do nowadays.They get you to marry them only to get your wealth from divorce, child support and future earnings. I no blame guys wey dey relocate to 9ja, leave them there. Little wonder why rich men alive keep on marrying, remarrying and divorcing. I don't know why they do that either. Just a kid without a marriage or adopt if you are crazy about having kids that could kill you later.Huh, it is so frightening oh! I just dey watch Two & Half Men, where Allen dey hear am.
Re: Surviving In Nigeria On N80,000 A Month by latch(m): 11:39pm On Apr 13, 2009
80,000 is tough eespecially if you lived in the US for a while. You can start with that as long as you have plans to inrease this income. There are loads of things you havent yet factored in , eg:

clothes and shoes
diesel for the gen
inter-state travelling (one trip to abuja alone, halfs the monthly income)
presents, ticket money, recharge cards etc for regular chics, (assuming you dont settle for only prostitutes)
egunje allowance
internet access
books, magazines, newspapers
gate mans salary
, it goes on
Re: Surviving In Nigeria On N80,000 A Month by damola1: 12:35am On Apr 14, 2009
I reside in Lagos.

Aside rent, which is even more than what I live on a monthly basis, ( I reside in Adeniyi Jones)

I still manage myself on 40k per month as a barchelor,

How?

Firstly, I use my bike most time to work, which means I can use a full tank of less than: N1k for 3 weeks, I made sure work is not far from house, thats why I paid a huge fine for living near work, but it sure is worth it.

I use "I berra pass my neighbour" Gen, which doesn't power any of my ACs, but 8hrs for 4ltrs, works, not sure, but learnt these inverters can do the same.

My company carry credit calls, so that's out of it, most calls are business anyways.

I don't believe a brokeass like me deserves the luxury of the opposite sexl yet, so, I stay out of their ways, therefore, I have little to worry about them.

I have used only 2 slippers in the last 6 months, using them every day, the thing don chop, with my Big pony polo snicker, I am not so crazy about my dressing yet, simply moderate.

Others go into paying for food, I rarely go to club, hangout.

The last time I went to the movies, I paid: N500, I slapped my self in the face for stupidity, burning fuel to the island on top watching only one movie, ever since, I have learnt to watch any latest movie with my 20 in 1 , N200 cds, name the movie, and most likely I would have it, or would have seen it, i love igbo boys, though not all of the movies are perfect, but for God's sake, most are in great condition, slumdog was directly from the dvd, traitor, 24,,

What else?, nothing, just chilling and enjoying myself, though I miss the females, but I believe one day very soon, I will arrive, and when I do, they'll come as cheap as every other thing I desire in life.

My rule is, if it's not cheap enough, don't buy it yet, don't worry, soon it'll be very cheap.

I don't pay NEPA or WATER BILLS, I still hang that on my landlord's neck for the outrageous money I paid for rent.

I believe if I really want to do it, it's even possible to roll under: 30k per month, if the basics of life can be gotten at a cheap rate, once rent, food and transport is taken care of, every other thing can be checked.

1 Like

Re: Surviving In Nigeria On N80,000 A Month by wanville(m): 5:24am On Apr 14, 2009
cool
Re: Surviving In Nigeria On N80,000 A Month by sunnykiss(m): 3:34pm On Apr 15, 2009
coolOl boy if i see 80,000 K per month i be Big boy small chairman, ok
Re: Surviving In Nigeria On N80,000 A Month by mommamia: 3:34pm On Apr 15, 2009
Damalo if u realy do what u say thats really fantastic boy, thats how to live in life. Life become really easy when you dont trouble yourself with the extras especially women of naija. God bless

1 Like

Re: Surviving In Nigeria On N80,000 A Month by bababuff(m): 2:05pm On Apr 16, 2009
How much is 80,000 Naira angry angry angry
Re: Surviving In Nigeria On N80,000 A Month by phantom(m): 7:13pm On Apr 16, 2009
Ol boy, Hope say na only ib. you go dey.U can sneak into lag once in a while.No try smell abj or ph.Prosties there cost 1500-2000 and 2000-3000 respect. grin
Re: Surviving In Nigeria On N80,000 A Month by bodsibobo(m): 11:52pm On Apr 16, 2009
Kai Kai Kai,

so prostitutes have now become a standard income and expenditure item in naija now, chei! One guy even funkified it :- prosties

Nnna meeeen, things don change o!
Re: Surviving In Nigeria On N80,000 A Month by strifi: 11:28am On Apr 17, 2009
eighty thousand a month is not suitable to survive in Lagos to be sincere, you can not be living a stereotyped life, that is what you get with a fixed amount like eighty thousand. If you have friends (Financially bouyant ones) with a lot of influence in the society you will get more to that amount in a month. The situation in the country has ended up to Who you know. If you are very Religious and your faith is strong then doing the right things will get you going. Basically you need some extra sounce of income to help compensate for something extra, Living in Akure is pretty cheep very cheep
Re: Surviving In Nigeria On N80,000 A Month by brutal(m): 2:10pm On Apr 18, 2009
wink

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Want To Change My Nationality / Going To Nigeria For The First Time? / Are You From Ilesa (Ilesha)?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.