Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,253 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:36 AM

Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: Unboxing And Hands On Review - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: Unboxing And Hands On Review (5033 Views)

Tecno Pouvoir 2 Unboxing -- A Phone With 5,000mah Battery! / Hands On Review Of Infinix Zero 3 / My Infinix X600 Note 2 Jst Arrivd From Jumia.hands On Review Follws immdiatly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: Unboxing And Hands On Review by debeo: 4:30pm On Sep 17, 2015
Yesterday, my highly anticipated phone was delivered to me, I couldn't wait to tear it to bits.

For people who might not know much about Xiaomi Redmi Note 2, here are the specs from gsmarena

Also known as Redmi Note 2 Prime

NETWORK
Technology GSM / HSPA / LTE
2G bands GSM 900 / 1800 / 1900 - SIM 1 & SIM 2

3G bands HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
TD-SCDMA

4G bands LTE band 1(2100), 3(1800), 7(2600), 38(2600), 39(1900), 40(2300), 41(2500)

Speed HSPA, LTE

GPRS Yes
EDGE Yes

LAUNCH
Announced 2015, August
Status Available. Released 2015, August

BODY
Dimensions 152 x 76 x 8.3 mm (5.98 x 2.99 x 0.33 in)
Weight 160 g (5.64 oz)
SIM Dual SIM (Micro-SIM, dual stand-by)

DISPLAY
Type IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
Size 5.5 inches (~72.2% screen-to-body ratio)
Resolution 1080 x 1920 pixels (~401 ppi pixel density)
Multitouch Yes

- MIUI 7.0
PLATFORM
OS Android OS, v5.0 (Lollipop)

Chipset Mediatek MT6795 Helio X10
CPU Octa-core 2.0 GHz Cortex-A53
Octa-core 2.2 GHz Cortex-A53
GPU PowerVR G6200

MEMORY
Card slot microSD, up to 32 GB - Chinese version only
Internal 16 GB, 2 GB RAM - 2 GHz model
32 GB, 2 GB RAM - 2.2 GHz model

CAMERA
Primary 13 MP, 4128 x 3096 pixels, phase detection autofocus, LED flash, check quality
Features Geo-tagging, touch focus, face/smile detection, HDR, panorama
Video 1080p@30fps, check quality
Secondary 5 MP, 720p

SOUND
Alert types Vibration; MP3, WAV ringtones
Loudspeaker Yes
3.5mm jack Yes

COMMS
WLAN Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, WiFi Direct, hotspot
Bluetooth v4.0, A2DP, LE
GPS Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, Beidou
Infrared port Yes
Radio FM radio
USB microUSB v2.0

FEATURES
Sensors Accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
Messaging SMS(threaded view), MMS, Email, Push Mail, IM
Browser HTML5
Java No
- Fast battery charging: 60% in 30 min (Quick Charge 2.0)
- Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- MP4/H.264 player
- MP3/WAV/eAAC+ player
- Photo/video editor
- Document viewer

BATTERY
Li-Po 3060 mAh battery
Stand-by Up to 144 h (3G)
Talk time Up to 11 h 30 min (3G)
Music play Up to 46 h
MISC
Colors White, blue, yellow, pink, mint green

Source: gsmarena

Cc: GoAhead
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: Unboxing And Hands On Review by debeo: 4:40pm On Sep 17, 2015
The phone has 2 versions

The China/GSM version
and

The International/3G version

The only difference is that the China version supports only 3G bands peculiar to China alone

While the International version supports the regular WCDMA 2100 and other 3G bands

The China version is cheaper by almost USD30

However claim that the China version actually supports International 3G bands, they have even attached screen shots to confirm their postulation

In as much as the Chinese version is cheaper and purportedly supports International 3G bands, I would advise anyone going for the phone to go for the TDD/LTE version

BTW: Both sims as well as both version support 4G
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: Unboxing And Hands On Review by debeo: 4:45pm On Sep 17, 2015
Picture

Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: Unboxing And Hands On Review by killzone(m): 5:00pm On Sep 17, 2015
Finally the phone I have been hearing so much about
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: Unboxing And Hands On Review by pillan(f): 5:20pm On Sep 17, 2015
debeo:
Picture
where and how much did you get it?
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: Unboxing And Hands On Review by jaymichael(m): 6:05pm On Sep 17, 2015
Nice specs. No be that palasa techo something something 5
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: Unboxing And Hands On Review by debeo: 9:00pm On Sep 17, 2015
The phone comes in a compact renewable pack, with only charger and manual (in Chinese). I got a screen protector courtesy of my supplier, however I didn't use it as i already have a Tempered glass for it!

Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: Unboxing And Hands On Review by debeo: 9:37pm On Sep 17, 2015
The phone is very slim and the white back is not bad at all

Unlike Meizu M2 note, its not unibody as the battery is removable

Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: Unboxing And Hands On Review by debeo: 9:47pm On Sep 17, 2015
The home screen is like every typical home screen for Android 5, the absence of a special drawer for apps is very noticeable.

As with all Android 5 phones, the apps are arranged on the home screen

New downloaded apps just flow to the next screen

In addition, you can arrange all your desired app in one folder

In this case apps like calculator, mail, calendar, clock etc has been pre-arranged under tools (see pictures)

You can expand and rearrange as you so desire

Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: Unboxing And Hands On Review by funkdr(m): 11:15pm On Sep 17, 2015
Mine was delivered this evening, glad I made the right choice.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: Unboxing And Hands On Review by coolestdude01(m): 1:28am On Sep 18, 2015
funkdr:
How much does the phone cost?
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: Unboxing And Hands On Review by Geeweeny(m): 3:22am On Sep 18, 2015
how much does the phone cost and where u got it from?
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: Unboxing And Hands On Review by pat077: 3:27am On Sep 18, 2015
funkdr:
does it support external sd card?
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: Unboxing And Hands On Review by debeo: 3:58am On Sep 18, 2015
pat077:
does it support external sd card?

Yes it does

TDD VERSION - 16G

CHINA VERSION - 32G
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: Unboxing And Hands On Review by nellaluv(f): 4:08am On Sep 18, 2015
How much is the phone ooooo. How many times you want make dem ask you before u answer. Shakara oloje.

2 Likes

Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: Unboxing And Hands On Review by pat077: 4:12am On Sep 18, 2015
debeo:

Yes it does

TDD VERSION - 16G

CHINA VERSION - 32G
just checked the spec on gsm arena. It was not mention if the international version support sd card or not.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: Unboxing And Hands On Review by debeo: 5:59am On Sep 18, 2015
pat077:
just checked the spec on gsm arena. It was not mention if the international version support sd card or not.

Am actually replying you using the phone.

Would snap the back showing the sim and sd card space
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: Unboxing And Hands On Review by debeo: 6:03am On Sep 18, 2015
nellaluv:
How much is the phone ooooo. How many times you want make dem ask you before u answer. Shakara oloje.

I got mine for around $179 direct from China

Although I learnt its cheaper now, as my price was pre-order price

There are guys on NL who I've seen advertise the phone

Just search for Xiaomi Redmi Note 2 on NL, look for a trusted seller and deal through him, if you so desire
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: Unboxing And Hands On Review by aieromon(m): 7:24am On Sep 18, 2015
debeo:

Yes it does

TDD VERSION - 16G

CHINA VERSION - 32G

The TDD version supports 32GB microSD
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: Unboxing And Hands On Review by debeo: 9:07am On Sep 18, 2015
Geeweeny:
how much does the phone cost and where u got it from?

Like I promised, here is a prove it supports SD card

Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: Unboxing And Hands On Review by debeo: 9:15am On Sep 18, 2015
Here is what the settings looks like

Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: Unboxing And Hands On Review by debeo: 9:16am On Sep 18, 2015
About phone

Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: Unboxing And Hands On Review by debeo: 9:18am On Sep 18, 2015
Dialer

Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: Unboxing And Hands On Review by donhils: 12:16pm On Sep 18, 2015
debeo:
The phone is very slim and the white back is not bad at all

Unlike Meizu M2 note, its not unibody as the battery is removable
How's the plastic on the back of.the device? Like the one you find on Lumia phones or glossy(shiny) plastic as you find in Samsung phones?
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: Unboxing And Hands On Review by funkdr(m): 12:16pm On Sep 18, 2015
coolestdude01:
How much does the phone cost?
the phone is 43k, then #2500 as delivery fee, total #45500.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: Unboxing And Hands On Review by sigmundfreud(m): 12:40pm On Sep 18, 2015
Great specs! The shiny back cover kinda makes it look cheap...would have considered it if not for the mediatek processor.
Good at the price too.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: Unboxing And Hands On Review by KuliMart: 1:32pm On Sep 22, 2015
You can get this phone from us with tempered glass and 3D back cover case.

Check signature.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: Unboxing And Hands On Review by donhils: 2:05pm On Sep 22, 2015
sigmundfreud:
Great specs! The shiny back cover kinda makes it look cheap...would have considered it if not for the mediatek processor.
Good at the price too.

That shiny back is not the phone, it's the silicon casing the owner used.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: Unboxing And Hands On Review by debeo: 8:42pm On Sep 24, 2015
donhils:

How's the plastic on the back of.the device? Like the one you find on Lumia phones or glossy(shiny) plastic as you find in Samsung phones?

Not as wacky as the one on cheap Lymua devices, it has a very smooth feel, it can't easily slip from your hand though and its not ain't like the one in Samsung devices, it's just on its own

The shiny back in the picture is the silicon casing I used, which is very very affordable

You can actually change the color of the plastic at the back at a very very cheap price too!

I just ordered for a gold casing and a blue and pink plastic back!

#PimpMyPhone
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: Unboxing And Hands On Review by debeo: 8:49pm On Sep 24, 2015
sigmundfreud:
Good at the price too.

Media tek processor?

Are you aware this is the first mediatek processor Xiaomi is using in a long while?

They be been using only Qualcomm's Snapdragon

For them to use Helio x10, you should know why

The Antutu score is enough to attest to its efficacy
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: Unboxing And Hands On Review by debeo: 8:58pm On Sep 24, 2015
funkdr:
the phone is 43k, then #2500 as delivery fee, total #45500.

The prices you guys quote for these phones can be annoying at times

We can direct people to places where they will get this phones by at least 10k cheaper and it will delivered to their door step, as we don't want to spoil your business, please be considerate in you pricing, 5k profit is okay now

E beru olorun

(1) (2) (Reply)

Who Else Got This Surprise From MTN / Whatsapp Finally Creates It's Own Unique Set Of Emojis / Awesome Earphones That Cost More Than Actual Phones

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.