Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,958 members, 7,852,230 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 02:17 PM

Another Igbo Man About To Make Nigeria Proud - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Another Igbo Man About To Make Nigeria Proud (5907 Views)

See How Igbos Reacted As Another Igbo King Goes Against Nnamdi Kanu(pics) / This Is Written By An Urhobo Man About Igbos / Igbo Man Makes Clothes For Almajiris In Kano For Sallah (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Another Igbo Man About To Make Nigeria Proud by Ramnon2: 5:49pm On Sep 17, 2015
Ofodirinwa:

Dont forget Gabon and Nigeria as well grin

Haahha! That Gabon one is really ''tripping''. You know these things are hard to achieve in Africa cheesy cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Another Igbo Man About To Make Nigeria Proud by erikcantona: 6:00pm On Sep 17, 2015
One of the reasons. There neighbor jealous them! In sports they have legends #okocha kanu mikel chinedu to call a few! In music #phyno flavour bracket donjazzy patoranking to call A few!! Economics you knw them na!!movies nko osuofia and the rest!! One thing is that they have mYTV yoruba and my tv hausa but igbos are the one taking the nation higher by answering nollywood ! Later they Will say igbos. Are seditious! Igbos leave and. Develope all parts of the country but no yoruba man or. Hausa has a house or even a company in the igbo land ! Yet they open there smelly mouth to treaten igbos with pogroms!! Innoson ! Ifeanyi uba has companys in nigerua here while housa ppl and yoruba has companys in gabon cote d ivore and the rest!! Tell me why. Igbos will want to. Stay in this evil enclave pls I need ans! Dangote only has depots in this country he has no productin company here ! Planning to buy arsenal while. Ifeanyi uba employ youths in his clubs #ifeany uba fc!! Bleep you all one nigerianists and. May your life be like nigeria

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Another Igbo Man About To Make Nigeria Proud by Nobody: 7:26pm On Sep 17, 2015
Keep giving some people HBP! Waste people and alabuku people don dey shiver!

Proudly 5%!

4 Likes

Re: Another Igbo Man About To Make Nigeria Proud by olumide81(m): 9:00pm On Sep 17, 2015
Mgbada! The number of diasporan igbos in government is only a percentage of the igbos in Indonesia and Thailand prison....awaiting death sentence.
Re: Another Igbo Man About To Make Nigeria Proud by ArodewilliamsT: 9:16pm On Sep 17, 2015
fav444:
tribalism fever. first he is a Nigerian, keep d tribe thing at d background.

Thunder fire you there, if na cocain him carry. He will suddenly become Igbo abi. Una get sense. He is a Biafran, and norway is Biafra-friendly, very peaceful, serene country. A Biafran female writer was even granted asylum there because of the Islamic jihadist in Nigeria. She now writes for Norwegian paper.

4 Likes

Re: Another Igbo Man About To Make Nigeria Proud by ArodewilliamsT: 9:20pm On Sep 17, 2015
Ramnon2:

Chigozie Obioma

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search

Chigozie Obioma

Born

Occupation
Professor, novelist, short story writer, poet, nonfiction writer

Nationality
Nigerian

Ethnicity
Igbo

Period
2011 – present

Notable works
The Fishermen

Website

http://www.chigozieobioma.com

Chigozie Obioma (born 1986) is a Nigerian writer. He is, effective Fall 2015, an Assistant Professor of literature and creative writing at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln.[1] He has been called, in a New York Times book review, "the heir to Chinua Achebe."[2]

His first novel, The Fishermen, is on the shortlist for the 2015 Man Booker Prize,[3] on the shortlist for the FT/OppenheimerFunds Emerging Voices Award,[4] on the shortlist for the Center for Fiction First Novel Prize,[5] and on the shortlist for the Edinburgh Festival First Book Award.[6]

The Fishermen was a New York Times Sunday Book Review Editor's Choice selection,[7] one of the American Library Association's five best debuts of spring 2015,[8] a Publishers Weekly book of the week,[9] and one of Kirkus Review's "10 Novels to Lose Yourself In."[10]

Obioma states that, in addition to being a tribute to his siblings, the novel aims to "build a portrait of Nigeria at a very seminal moment in its history (the annulled presidential elections of 1993), and by so doing deconstruct and illuminate the ideological potholes that still impede the nation’s progress even today."[11]

He is just 27 but already a Professor in Nebraska? This cannpt happen in the zoo. We really need Biafra more than ever,nigeria drags us backwards.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Another Igbo Man About To Make Nigeria Proud by tonychristopher: 9:25pm On Sep 17, 2015
Ramnon2:
Nigeria in Diaspora contests city council election in Norway
News Wednesday, September 16, 2015

By Emeka Aginam

Effort to make Nigerians leaving in diaspora to be part of international polity has started yielding the expected result as a Nigeria born Norwegian Peter Obiora Nwafor, an IT consultant is set to win city council election for Christian Democratic Party in Bergen ,Norway’s second biggest city.

Speaking in a world press conference yesterday whileunfolding his road-map, Nwafor, an Anambra indigene from Isuofia, in Aguata local government said that he was chosen by Christian Democratic Party to be the party’s prospective council candidate based on his promising resolve to make a difference in governance.

He assured that his mandate, if elected, would be to implement the party’s policies and programmes accordingly." I was chosen by Christian Democratic Party to be the party’s prospective council candidate and was also popular for my campaign for inclusiveness, inclusive labor market with equal opportunities and rights for all.”

Continuing, he said that his campaigns also encompassed a “strengthened bilingual education, good tuition for all; accepting more refugees in Bergen, increased resources for introduction of centers for refugees and immigrants, increase state housing allowance, support initiatives that gives children from poor families opportunity to participate in cost demanding activities, tax exemption and good working condition for volunteer organization among others" he explained.

Meanwhile, Norway is a country of about 5 million people, administratively divided into 19 counties (fylker) and a further 430 municipalities (kommuner).There are national elections in odd years, alternating between the national and the local levels. The national voting age is 18, but this year 20 municipalities will conduct an experiment with voting rights for 16 year old

http://odili.net/news/source/2015/sep/16/312.html

This life is funny

They don't want Igbo to win and rule at home ...but they are winning outside

3 Likes

Re: Another Igbo Man About To Make Nigeria Proud by tonychristopher: 9:31pm On Sep 17, 2015
SupremeXYZ:
Well,i don't jealous u people,all i owe u guys is true love.In Igbo people i find true brotherhood.One love.

That's nice and I know for you to say this you must be from Niger delta and we have lived in peace for millennia

3 Likes

Re: Another Igbo Man About To Make Nigeria Proud by Nobody: 9:36pm On Sep 17, 2015
kettykin:

Igbo is igbo any where just the same way with jews.
A Jewish people didn't loose their identity even though they spent almost a thousand years in Europe and Asia
bro u are wasting ur time quoting an igbo wannabes.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Another Igbo Man About To Make Nigeria Proud by Nobody: 9:38pm On Sep 17, 2015
Ramnon2:

Men! This is getting too much na. Why are only Igbos taking everything that belong to all Nigerians? grin grin grin grin grin

Honestly in a just world, Igbos will be running everything in Nigeria. No, I'm not Igbo but have read about the Igbos for yrs. This people are not ordinary black people. Go and read every single account by colonial masters when they arrived East of the Niger...one thing is common and repeated " they are civilized as whites". The same colonial masters wrote that the blacks they met in the west...yorubas were " barbarous" . I'm not making these up...these are facts.

11 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Another Igbo Man About To Make Nigeria Proud by Jman06(m): 9:53pm On Sep 17, 2015
fav444:
tribalism fever. first he is a Nigerian, keep d tribe thing at d background.
No! He is a Biafran!!!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Another Igbo Man About To Make Nigeria Proud by Nobody: 10:52pm On Sep 17, 2015
fav444:

u see d way online tribal wars start by false assumptions and hatred. Am not Yoruba o. Njikoka LGA, Anambra State on point. my dear be objective and peace loving always. Ibos are known to be cultured.
SHUT THE Bleep UP, WE WRITE IGBO AND NO ibo

4 Likes

Re: Another Igbo Man About To Make Nigeria Proud by Joc86: 11:25pm On Sep 17, 2015
We are bless and will never be a conqured people. Our God is with us everywhere we found ourselves. Haters should wast.

2 Likes

Re: Another Igbo Man About To Make Nigeria Proud by tonychristopher: 12:27am On Sep 18, 2015
new2020:

Honestly in a just world, Igbos will be running everything in Nigeria. No, I'm not Igbo but have read about the Igbos for yrs. This people are not ordinary black people. Go and read every single account by colonial masters when they arrived East of the Niger...one thing is common and repeated " they are as civilized as whites". The same colonial masters wrote that the blacks they met in the west...yorubas were " barbarous" . I'm not making these up...these are facts.

Are you sure of this ...where did you read this up and what tribe are u from.I feel this is why they want Igbo down

1 Like

Re: Another Igbo Man About To Make Nigeria Proud by nd07(m): 12:34am On Sep 18, 2015
kettykin:
Another igbo man chigozie obioma has been shortlisted for the prestigious man booker price too.
God bless the igbo race, the more they are persecuted and marginalized by brain less folks the more the igbo race shine

Jesus was rejected by His own, He left them & His fame went viral abroad & bcs He is our elder brother, our destiny is as His

3 Likes

Re: Another Igbo Man About To Make Nigeria Proud by Nobody: 1:47am On Sep 18, 2015
tonychristopher:

Are you sure of this ...where did you read this up and what tribe are u from.I feel this is why they want Igbo down

Igbos are one of the lost jewish tribes that went to Africa. Western governments are aware of this fact particularly Britain but will never reveal it. Here is what the American government said during the Biafran war...exact quote

"Igbos are wandering Jews of West Africa - gifted, aggressive, westernized, and at best, envied and resented, but mostly despised by their neighbors in the Federation---" (a White House Memo on Biafra January 28, 1969 to President Nixon by Secretary of State, Henry Kissinger) (Source : U.S Foreign Relations Documents Volume 5 , 1969)

Dr. Thomas Sowell, renowned American philosopher in one of his books recognized four highly gifted races/ethnicities across the world: The Jews, Germans, Chinese and Igbos. Dr. Sowell in his book details how the Igbos were strategically almost wiped out and their resources pillaged and gobbled up in an attempt to relagate them to nothing out of sheer envy and wickedness however miraculously defied their enemies in less than 40 yrs reclaiming her once held position as the gifted race except now with a wide margin that their rivals could never catch up to them.

If only Igbos know who they are, some of them will go mad in anger. There has been a deliberate attempt to obfuscate their true identity and hold them down, they succeeded with former but not the latter, which has them wondering...there is a power behind them.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Another Igbo Man About To Make Nigeria Proud by LoveMachine(m): 1:49am On Sep 18, 2015
Do it big!

2 Likes

Re: Another Igbo Man About To Make Nigeria Proud by dustmalik: 3:50am On Sep 18, 2015
erikcantona:
One of the reasons. There neighbor jealous them! In sports they have legends #okocha kanu mikel chinedu to call a few! In music #phyno flavour bracket donjazzy patoranking to call A few!! Economics you knw them na!!movies nko osuofia and the rest!! One thing is that they have mYTV yoruba and my tv hausa but igbos are the one taking the nation higher by answering nollywood ! Later they Will say igbos. Are seditious! Igbos leave and. Develope all parts of the country but no yoruba man or. Hausa has a house or even a company in the igbo land ! Yet they open there smelly mouth to treaten igbos with pogroms!! Innoson ! Ifeanyi uba has companys in nigerua here while housa ppl and yoruba has companys in gabon cote d ivore and the rest!! Tell me why. Igbos will want to. Stay in this evil enclave pls I need ans! Dangote only has depots in this country he has no productin company here ! Planning to buy arsenal while. Ifeanyi uba employ youths in his clubs #ifeany uba fc!! Bleep you all one nigerianists and. May your life be like nigeria
First of all, I hate getting myself into all this tribalism nonsense. I don't care who achieves whatever. But then again, to each their own.
But the emboldened got to me. I'll advice you to stop spreading falsehood. Dangote is the biggest employer of labour in Nigeria, only after the Federal Government, and this is a verifiable fact. Dangote has more employees than the entire banking industry in Nigeria. Very soon he'll own a refinery, and you know what that means.
Re: Another Igbo Man About To Make Nigeria Proud by Menace2Society(m): 5:54am On Sep 18, 2015
kettykin:

His resume is really intimidating even to the Americans, assistant professor at a just 28 years old.

Nigeria has really slowed down this race, igbos would have been at par with the Europeans if igbos were independent in their separate country.
kikikikikiki jesters grin
Re: Another Igbo Man About To Make Nigeria Proud by kettykin: 6:12am On Sep 18, 2015
Menace2Society:
kikikikikiki jesters grin
bring out your CV let us compare with his
Re: Another Igbo Man About To Make Nigeria Proud by Brooklynsouth(f): 6:24am On Sep 18, 2015
SupremeXYZ:
Well,i don't jealous u people,all i owe u guys is true love.In Igbo people i find true brotherhood.One love.
aro weda nah
Re: Another Igbo Man About To Make Nigeria Proud by Menace2Society(m): 9:03am On Sep 18, 2015
kettykin:
bring out your CV let us compare with his
Jesters on queue!Interesting grin
Re: Another Igbo Man About To Make Nigeria Proud by yorubatic: 10:01am On Sep 18, 2015
Without quota system who can challenge the igbos con biafrans...igbos are nightmares to my fetish yoruba people and their masters up north

So called richest people from both the my diabolical yoruba hypocrites and their Hausa-Fulani masters made their wealth from the loots of Nigerian nation cake or oil wealth of ND. ..none made their wealth without the government help..
Re: Another Igbo Man About To Make Nigeria Proud by sexaddict08(m): 12:02pm On Sep 18, 2015
Ramnon2:

You must be foolish. Which Nigerian first? Did your self rat-poisoned demigod Awolowo not proclaim that he was Yoruba first before being a Nigerian?

so una dey copy Yoruba's? kontinue
Re: Another Igbo Man About To Make Nigeria Proud by sexaddict08(m): 12:05pm On Sep 18, 2015
Ramnon2:

You must be foolish. Which Nigerian first? Did your self rat-poisoned demigod Awolowo not proclaim that he was Yoruba first before being a Nigerian?

so una dey copy Yoruba's? kontinue
Re: Another Igbo Man About To Make Nigeria Proud by Nobody: 12:24pm On Sep 18, 2015
Our people hitting it big in education, Charlie Boy's son is also an associate professor in one of the university in america
kettykin:

His resume is really intimidating even to the Americans, assistant professor at a just 28 years old.

Nigeria has really slowed down this race, igbos would have been at par with the Europeans if igbos were independent in their separate country.
Re: Another Igbo Man About To Make Nigeria Proud by kettykin: 2:41pm On Sep 18, 2015
DikeOha882:
Our people hitting it big in education, Charlie Boy's son is also an associate professor in one of the university in america

Wow this is great for the entertainment guru and for the larger igbo family
Re: Another Igbo Man About To Make Nigeria Proud by Nobody: 3:51pm On Sep 18, 2015
Last election we won 3 seats in Lagos House of Representative, by 2019, if Nigeria is still standing as one country we should be looking at 10 House of Representative seats and by 2023, if Nigeria hasn't fallen, we should be targeting the deputy Governor. If Ndi-Igbo can focus on this task the way we focus on our businesses, i'm assuring you all that we'll conquer Lagos state by 2031 or 2035... and then we can move to Ogun.

Note: Conquering Lagos is a task that must be fulfilled. I can't wait for the time when i'll see an Igbo man with red cap granting interviews and talking about the development of Lagos. The Fulani did it in Kwara, Ndi-Igbo can do it in Lagos.

Ndi-Igbo Mmamanu ooo

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

15 Nigerian Men Who Own Private Jets / The Only Senator Who Vows To Remain With Tinubu (pics) / Gov Okowa Assents To Bill Prohibiting Extortion, Forceful Entry Into Properties

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.