Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,756 members, 7,809,905 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:57 PM

Nigerians To Represent Africa At The Hacker Olympics - Programming (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Nigerians To Represent Africa At The Hacker Olympics (45619 Views)

If Programming Languages Were Countries, Which country Would Each Lang represent / I Need A Good Hacker (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians To Represent Africa At The Hacker Olympics by ExInferis(m): 5:47pm On Sep 18, 2015
efilefun:
Sure but passing that written alone na war, bro no near am. Did CCNA exam myself and was feeling like Messi, mere facing CCIE training gave me constant headache everyday after class even with all the cold weather my head was always hot

Routing and Switching or Service Provider?

1 Like

Re: Nigerians To Represent Africa At The Hacker Olympics by ExInferis(m): 5:48pm On Sep 18, 2015
Slyr0x:

C'mon, who then will protect sensitive customer information if these guys don't work in banks?

Good point.

But why would you employ a hacker in a financial institution? grin grin
Re: Nigerians To Represent Africa At The Hacker Olympics by efilefun(m): 5:51pm On Sep 18, 2015
R&S
ExInferis:

Routing and Switching or Service Provider?
Re: Nigerians To Represent Africa At The Hacker Olympics by baba11(m): 5:52pm On Sep 18, 2015
efilefun:
Only those in love with IT and mostly people outside Nigeria will understand all those qualifications... That CCIE exam is suicidal, 6 straight hours Lab exam and the fee aint smiling. Great to see this people being recognized.

I stand to be corrected but with a CCIE certificate, you can NEVER NEVER and NEVER be unemployed.

This are certified ethical hackers and not those one's destroying the cyberspace. Anybody with ethical hacking certificates can easily be traced so you cant do thrash with your knowledge instead you are being employed as a security expert in top organizations that uses anything connected to the internet.

I concur to everything you said shocked
Re: Nigerians To Represent Africa At The Hacker Olympics by ExInferis(m): 5:53pm On Sep 18, 2015
efilefun:
R&S

Well then na you go look for trouble.

Believe it or not im still having trouble with subnets!
Re: Nigerians To Represent Africa At The Hacker Olympics by Nobody: 5:53pm On Sep 18, 2015
Hahaha only one ibhoe dude? I bet they only let him join due to affirmative action! The only thing the ibhoes can hack is cocaine!

1 Like

Re: Nigerians To Represent Africa At The Hacker Olympics by efilefun(m): 5:56pm On Sep 18, 2015
Lol, that stuff is so interesting upto CCNP but the promises and juice that surrounds CCIE made me give it a trial.
ExInferis:

Well then na you go look for trouble.

Believe it or not im still having trouble with subnets!
Re: Nigerians To Represent Africa At The Hacker Olympics by Slyr0x: 5:56pm On Sep 18, 2015
ExInferis:

Look, Global Cyberlympics is a joke. You even get help from the organizer's support pointing in the direction of how to pass your test.

Wake me up when TeamNaija is to compete at DefCon.

You should post more-informed comments. You have google to help you smiley

This year's Cyberlympics' CTF games was developed by Gam3z Inc, a company specialized in developing CTF contests.

The same guys did same for Defcon https://www.defcon.org/html/defcon-22/dc-22-contest-results.html#warlock
Re: Nigerians To Represent Africa At The Hacker Olympics by CyberWolf: 5:56pm On Sep 18, 2015
For them to come out top in Africa means they are really good in what they do, but again, they will be facing those geniuses who spent 90% of their daily life in labs developing security systems..Wish them all the best sha..

1 Like

Re: Nigerians To Represent Africa At The Hacker Olympics by efilefun(m): 5:57pm On Sep 18, 2015
Because only a thief can catch a thief, just that theirs is legal... Just like armed robbers are experts in shooting while police are legalized experts in shooting
ExInferis:

Good point.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians To Represent Africa At The Hacker Olympics by mployer(m): 5:58pm On Sep 18, 2015
slightlyMad:
are you really kidding me? like seriously?
isn't there supposed to be a qualifier match or something?
those guys representing us work for firstbank and digitalencode
they have day to day tasks to meetup with at their respective places of work

those whom they will compete with have much higher IQs, members of mensa.org, they build security systems, compilers, decompilers, operating systems and spend 18 hours daily researching and creating things that never existed.

all those 5 guys do is probably hack with python, java,php,js. a system built and contributed to by those they will be up against

laughing very hard grin

Hmmm

You spoke the bitter truth
Re: Nigerians To Represent Africa At The Hacker Olympics by hahn(m): 5:59pm On Sep 18, 2015
baba11:
I always say it to whoever that cares to listen that this path is the future....now imagine,hackers that before now people were very afraid of are getting accommodating into us....

HOW DO YOU THINK THEY'LL BE ACCEPTED TOMORROW shocked cool

There are white hat hackers and black hat hackers. Research online and enlighten yourself
Re: Nigerians To Represent Africa At The Hacker Olympics by Slyr0x: 6:00pm On Sep 18, 2015
ExInferis:

Good point.

Get your hands off the keyboard. . .Now take a breathe. . .Think. .Think again. . .Now get your hands back on the keyboard and answer the question you asked.

cheesy cheesy
Re: Nigerians To Represent Africa At The Hacker Olympics by Nobody: 6:05pm On Sep 18, 2015
Make i just post this comment off my data..

Go Team Naija grin
Re: Nigerians To Represent Africa At The Hacker Olympics by boxypane(m): 6:06pm On Sep 18, 2015
Teempakguy:
They most probably will lose.
N Y!!!!!!!?
Re: Nigerians To Represent Africa At The Hacker Olympics by ExInferis(m): 6:08pm On Sep 18, 2015
Slyr0x:

You should post more-informed comments. You have google to help you smiley

This year's Cyberlympics' CTF games was developed by Gam3z Inc, a company specialized in developing CTF contests.

The same guys did same for Defcon https://www.defcon.org/html/defcon-22/dc-22-contest-results.html#warlock

Ok fine! Warl0ck is involved.

But i prefer DefCon.

And TeamNaija will get their arses handed out to them

tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Nigerians To Represent Africa At The Hacker Olympics by Slyr0x: 6:09pm On Sep 18, 2015
ExInferis:

Ok fine! Warl0ck is involved.

But i prefer DefCon.

And TeamNaija will get their arses handed out to them

tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue

Maybe, maybe not.

Be patriotic and wish them good luck smiley
Re: Nigerians To Represent Africa At The Hacker Olympics by ExInferis(m): 6:12pm On Sep 18, 2015
Slyr0x:

Get your hands off the keyboard. . .Now take a breathe. . .Think. .Think again. . .Now get your hands back on the keyboard and answer the question you asked.

cheesy cheesy

Mr Smarty Pants hands off the weiner....now inhale....think...the smileys are there for a reason....good. carry on wanking.
Re: Nigerians To Represent Africa At The Hacker Olympics by Nobody: 6:12pm On Sep 18, 2015
slightlyMad:

those whom they will compete with have much higher IQs, members of mensa.org, they build security systems, compilers, decompilers, operating systems and spend 18 hours daily researching and creating things that never existed.

all those 5 guys do is probably hack with python, java,php,js. a system built and contributed to by those they will be up against

laughing very hard grin

Del....
Re: Nigerians To Represent Africa At The Hacker Olympics by Fulaman198(m): 6:13pm On Sep 18, 2015
lawanson44:

That's the reason for my existence

LOL you shouldn't be giving off his details though my friend smiley this is the internet.
Re: Nigerians To Represent Africa At The Hacker Olympics by ExInferis(m): 6:13pm On Sep 18, 2015
Slyr0x:

Maybe, maybe not.

Be patriotic and wish them good luck smiley

Er, no. Putting my money on the winning horse.

Patriotism can make a betting man lose money
Re: Nigerians To Represent Africa At The Hacker Olympics by Fulaman198(m): 6:15pm On Sep 18, 2015
efilefun:
sure i know bro, did CCIE training but never tried attempting the exam.

Build up the confidence in yourself, you can do it. I know Nigerians can't except failure sometimes, but it's the hardest I.T. exam out there, our failures only make us stronger (I'm not saying you will fail, you may pass the written exam on your first attempt, and the hands-on on your first attempt as well). Have faith!
Re: Nigerians To Represent Africa At The Hacker Olympics by Fulaman198(m): 6:16pm On Sep 18, 2015
slightlyMad:

laughing very hard grin

Nigerians are some of the most (if not most) brilliant people in the world and this is reflected when Nigerians immigrate to the United States, United Kingdom, etc.

The true question that should be asked here is if Nigeria is using their best team. Personally, I think Nigeria is using far from its best team. I would like to even know how they chose this team.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians To Represent Africa At The Hacker Olympics by Slyr0x: 6:22pm On Sep 18, 2015
Fulaman198:

Nigerians are some of the most (if not most) brilliant people in the world and this is reflected when Nigerians immigrate to the United States, United Kingdom, etc.

The true question that should be asked here is if Nigeria is using their best team. Personally, I think Nigeria is using far from its best team. I would like to even know how they chose this team.

There was a qualifying round before these guys won. .Actually, 3 qualifying rounds where 100s of teams in Africa competed and Judging was based on the speed at which systems were hacked. .

https://twitter.com/CyberLympics

1 Like

Re: Nigerians To Represent Africa At The Hacker Olympics by baddoo15: 6:22pm On Sep 18, 2015
thumbs up rotimi and co. I know the rotimi guy unilag days oh! . Goodluck to them
Re: Nigerians To Represent Africa At The Hacker Olympics by Fulaman198(m): 6:23pm On Sep 18, 2015
Slyr0x:

There was a qualifying round before these guys won. .Actually, 3 qualifying rounds where 100s of teams in Africa competed and Judging was based on the speed at which systems were hacked. .

https://twitter.com/CyberLympics

Exc3!!3nt, thanks! But I still d0n't b3li3v3 that we are using 0ur b3st people
Re: Nigerians To Represent Africa At The Hacker Olympics by chris4gold(m): 6:29pm On Sep 18, 2015
Fulaman198:
Cool, how did they make the decision to use these guys to represent us? Did they do it on a school basis?

that was my thought !

1 Like

Re: Nigerians To Represent Africa At The Hacker Olympics by charloski(m): 6:36pm On Sep 18, 2015
Oh Boy!!! See certifications... Charles u neva start ooo shocked shocked shocked but am getting there sha.. na time
Re: Nigerians To Represent Africa At The Hacker Olympics by Funjosh(m): 6:38pm On Sep 18, 2015
Fear these guys
Re: Nigerians To Represent Africa At The Hacker Olympics by simdam500(m): 6:40pm On Sep 18, 2015
saintkel: If seun goes, we don lose be dat, ask me y

I searched the thread to see if the guy ask y...

I no see....

Oya y jare?
Re: Nigerians To Represent Africa At The Hacker Olympics by saintkel(m): 6:49pm On Sep 18, 2015
simdam500:

I searched the thread to see if the guy ask y...
I no see....
Oya y jare?
Cos here is just a social network not hacking center
Re: Nigerians To Represent Africa At The Hacker Olympics by actoor(m): 6:52pm On Sep 18, 2015
holamiday:
Wow! Hacker Olympics. Let me inform my cousin who hacked the US Defence networks.

Meanwhile, up Teamnaija

Trust me, i have guys that are better off these guys. Two of my guys will do better of the 6 in combine.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How Many Clients Have You Gotten From Your Web Development Ad On Nairaland? / My Job Hunting Experiences As A Junior Developer So Far / High Profile Twitter Accounts Hacked By Bitcoin Scammers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.