Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,208 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:53 PM

Honda Accord (evil Spirit) VS Toyota Avalon - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Honda Accord (evil Spirit) VS Toyota Avalon (31738 Views)

Honda Accord 2009( Evil Spirit) Vs Toyota Camry 2009 (spider) / Toyota Camry Muscle Vs. Honda Accord Evil Spirit / Toyota Venza Vs Toyota Lexus RX 350 (your Advise Needed) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Honda Accord (evil Spirit) VS Toyota Avalon by nurey(m): 10:02am On Oct 10, 2015
nkechi042:

My bro, you can't imagine. Before me and my friends will do a little race cars involved were

2014 Avalon
2007 Lexus
2008 Avalon
Mercedes Benz 350
2002 Avalon - My old car
2003 Benz c300

And from 1st to last na

2014 Avalon
Mercedes Benz 350
2008 Avalon
2003 Benz c300
2007 Lexus

THEN AFTER LIKE 10-15 minutes

2002 Avalon - My old car

PROBLEM: (The car go dey do like say e wan fly, for all these sharp bends etc. and the front tyres would turn first before the back even follows up, i remembered one time i was one 130km/hr, a benz made a sharp turn, 2014 avalon, same turn, na him i carry myself go make turn. oboy, i think say if i blink open my eyes na God i go see)

My own last na one in town, cos them for done gist like 10 mins before i show angry angry angry

But Yesterday, na second i carry, still couldn't beat the avalon 2014. its impossible mehn, i guess the benz guy wasn't at him prime too, cos he should dust me, but still beat him grin grin grin

This your story for the God's is Epic and lacks magnitude, how can your 4cylinder honda Accord beat a V6 benz also you just mentioned benz 350 guess you were racing with a A350 or R350 cause a C or E350 will send your car to next week. Also what model is the lexus cause I don't expect a Avalon not to dust a lexus Rx.

Please give us better gist with value or you know th rest pishure or we don't dig it. lol
Re: Honda Accord (evil Spirit) VS Toyota Avalon by nkechi042(f): 10:37am On Oct 10, 2015
nurey:

This your story for the God's is Epic and lacks magnitude, how can your 4cylinder honda Accord beat a V6 benz also you just mentioned benz 350 guess you were racing with a A350 or R350 cause a C or E350 will send your car to next week. Also what model is the lexus cause I don't expect a Avalon not to dust a lexus Rx.

Please give us better gist with value or you know th rest pishure or we don't dig it. lol

My car is a V6 not a V4 bro.

2007 Lexus ES 350. Well, i said maybe the benz guy wasn't at his prime, cos i no its no match. But the Lexus came last.

That was the outcome of the race. No reason for me to lie.

Which of the avalon are you talking about, cos the 2014 model is no joke.

2 Likes

Re: Honda Accord (evil Spirit) VS Toyota Avalon by DGD1(m): 2:56pm On Oct 10, 2015
nkechi042:

2007 Lexus ES 350. Well, i said maybe the benz guy wasn't at his prime, cos i no its no match. But the Lexus came last.

your friends are nice making you come second (celebrating ur new car) bt dat guy with 2014 avalon no nice, he didn't cooperate with dem.

by d way, I don't believe 2002 avalon will do so bad as you portrayed it, abi it was faulty
Re: Honda Accord (evil Spirit) VS Toyota Avalon by nkechi042(f): 9:01pm On Oct 10, 2015
DGD1:

your friends are nice making you come second (celebrating ur new car) bt dat guy with 2014 avalon no nice, he didn't cooperate with dem.

by d way, I don't believe 2002 avalon will do so bad as you portrayed it, abi it was faulty

The guy no nice at all. He doesn't accept second place. If u noticed his car is the most expensive still. Lol

Anyways, we will still do it another day to know if they were just being nice. :p
Re: Honda Accord (evil Spirit) VS Toyota Avalon by davo3286: 9:05pm On Oct 10, 2015
nkechi042:

Thanks will look into this. Is Total Oil good enough, i haven't used OEM before.

I use the same car but 2010 3.5L V6 EX-L Nav with Crystal Black Pearl. Make sure you stick to OEM 5W-20 engine oil and geniune. It's available...contact @Luvinhubby, I buy from him when I need it. Plus try and buy a car diagnostic scanner tool.

Make your car happy and he will make you happy too.

2 Likes

Re: Honda Accord (evil Spirit) VS Toyota Avalon by nkechi042(f): 9:22pm On Oct 10, 2015
davo3286:

I use the same car but 2010 3.5L V6 EX-L Nav with Crystal Black Pearl. Make sure you stick to OEM 5W-20 engine oil and geniune. It's available...contact @Luvinhubby, I buy from him when I need it. Plus try and buy a car diagnostic scanner tool.

Make your car happy and he will make you happy too.

Thanks. Did you get your diagnositic scanner tool in Nigeria too.
Re: Honda Accord (evil Spirit) VS Toyota Avalon by davo3286: 9:33pm On Oct 10, 2015
nkechi042:

Thanks. Did you get your diagnositic scanner tool in Nigeria too.

I got mine way back from amazon. But it's available on konga. Buy the one that has live scan, freeze data functions... I think with at most 15k you can get one. Though there are cheaper once. Just search konga store.
Re: Honda Accord (evil Spirit) VS Toyota Avalon by auhanson(m): 11:07pm On Oct 10, 2015
In Nigeria, Toyota has a lot of issues, enter mechanic garages and see things for yourself. Better go for the Honda, a much more reliable vehicle, but just be wary of the legs, avoid bad road and substandard shaft.

2 Likes

Re: Honda Accord (evil Spirit) VS Toyota Avalon by kingreign(m): 11:39pm On Oct 10, 2015
auhanson:
In Nigeria, Toyota has a lot of issues, enter mechanic garages and see things for yourself. Better go for the Honda, a much more reliable vehicle, but just be wary of the legs, avoid bad road and substandard shaft.

You dont know about Japanese cars. Fact still remains, Toyota are better built than Honda reliability and dependability wise, only in aesthetics and handling that the Honda excels than the Toyota. Take it from me. You see more Toyota in mechanics because most Nigerians use Toyota and they don't know how to fix them, and they skimp on lots of things. If a Honda is put to stressful activities as most Toyotas are put into you'll get worse results. Why are Toyota hummer number used extensively as inter/intra city transports, why are Toyota hilux used extensively in construction jobs even mighty JBN are switching from mercedes sprinter 300 to Toyota Hilux? Go to Middle East, Far East, Asia, even Outbavk deserts of Australia. Go up North and see what Toyotas, Opel and VW golf are doing then come reply this thread appropriately.

4 Likes

Re: Honda Accord (evil Spirit) VS Toyota Avalon by nigeriancuban: 12:52am On Oct 11, 2015
both cars are great,so I advice you go with your heart on this one
Re: Honda Accord (evil Spirit) VS Toyota Avalon by nurey(m): 6:57am On Oct 11, 2015
nkechi042:

I didn't say you were lieing bro, you just didn't do enough justice to your story, but seens you have made it clear now no need of pishure lol. The ES lexus is a luxurious camry as the GS is a luxurious Avalon. Nice racing but please next time try to make HONDA proud by placing first but back down when the race is getting dangerous goodluck with your ride.

1 Like

Re: Honda Accord (evil Spirit) VS Toyota Avalon by kingreign(m): 7:50am On Oct 11, 2015
nurey:

I didn't say you were lieing bro, you just didn't do enough justice to your story, but seens you have made it clear now no need of pishure lol. The ES lexus is a luxurious camry as the GS is a luxurious Avalon. Nice racing but please next time try to make HONDA proud by placing first but back down when the race is getting dangerous goodluck with your ride.

GS was, is not and will Not be (at least not in next 5 year) a luxury Avalon. GS is based on an entirely different vehicle

GS sedan use Toyota N platform in which engines are mounted longitudinally, front wheels are double wishbones and rear is multilink suspensions.

The GS is related to Toyota crown/ crown majesta.
Re: Honda Accord (evil Spirit) VS Toyota Avalon by nurey(m): 9:44am On Oct 11, 2015
kingreign:

GS was, is not and will Not be (at least not in next 5 year) a luxury Avalon. GS is based on an entirely different vehicle

GS sedan use Toyota N platform in which engines are mounted longitudinally, front wheels are double wishbones and rear is multilink suspensions.

The GS is related to Toyota crown/ crown majesta.

You want to start trouble again abi. First answer this question your self, which brand of toyota vehicle replaced the CROWN for US market after that read through your post and apologise. Not that they are necessarily the same.
IS = luxury corolla
ES = Luxury camry
GS = Luxury Avalon
LS = More bigger and Luxurious Avalon

i compared and differentiated in terms of size am not an Automotive engineer so platform ain't my bizness except I want to buy a ride
Re: Honda Accord (evil Spirit) VS Toyota Avalon by auhanson(m): 7:45pm On Oct 11, 2015
kingreign:

You dont know about Japanese cars. Fact still remains, Toyota are better built than Honda reliability and dependability wise, only in aesthetics and handling that the Honda excels than the Toyota. Take it from me. You see more Toyota in mechanics because most Nigerians use Toyota and they don't know how to fix them, and they skimp on lots of things. If a Honda is put to stressful activities as most Toyotas are put into you'll get worse results. Why are Toyota hummer number used extensively as inter/intra city transports, why are Toyota hilux used extensively in construction jobs even mighty JBN are switching from mercedes sprinter 300 to Toyota Hilux? Go to Middle East, Far East, Asia, even Outbavk deserts of Australia. Go up North and see what Toyotas, Opel and VW golf are doing then come reply this thread appropriately.

You just go around giving people trash about this your Toyota thing. You may be deceiving those you can but not all..

Watch for yourself a very simple comparison between Toyota Camry and Accord, and still deceive those you can the more. What does it pay you to be doing these, when you know by far that Honda is a better vehicle to Toyota all round. I'm not gona waste my time with you on this because you can only deceive the unsuspected patrol heads:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vb7NmN_rwJM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqXZVeVYgMs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdXO24PcSHg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jF-Z5iM93Fw

Guys pls feed your senses , dont listen to Toyota fanboy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Honda Accord (evil Spirit) VS Toyota Avalon by kingreign(m): 8:55pm On Oct 11, 2015
auhanson:

You just go around giving people trash about this your Toyota thing. You may be deceiving those you can but not all..

Watch for yourself a very simple comparison between Toyota Camry and Accord, and still deceive those you can the more. What does it pay you to be doing these, when you know by far that Honda is a better vehicle to Toyota all round. I'm not gona waste my time with you on this because you can only deceive the unsuspected patrol heads:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vb7NmN_rwJM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqXZVeVYgMs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdXO24PcSHg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jF-Z5iM93Fw

Guys pls feed your senses , dont listen to Toyota fanboy
E pain you say Toyota is one of the most reliable car manufacturer of the decade.
E pain you say Toyota even top Mercedes in reliability and dependability I'm not even comparing lexus because its the most reliable car according to J.D power http://www.jdpower.com/ratings/study/Vehicle-Dependability-Study-%28VDS%29-by-Make/626ENG

http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2015/03/top-10-most-reliable-car-brands.html

http://www.newsday.com/classifieds/cars/consumer-reports-best-and-worst-car-brands-in-2015-include-lexus-mazda-and-toyota-1.10387053

Reaf the 11th October's rating. http://www.newsday.com/classifieds/cars/consumer-reports-best-and-worst-car-brands-in-2015-include-lexus-mazda-and-toyota-1.10387053
Re: Honda Accord (evil Spirit) VS Toyota Avalon by DGD1(m): 9:53pm On Oct 11, 2015
nkechi042:

The guy no nice at all. He doesn't accept second place. If u noticed his car is the most expensive still. Lol

Anyways, we will still do it another day to know if they were just being nice. :p

Safety precautions as una dey race o

3 Likes

Re: Honda Accord (evil Spirit) VS Toyota Avalon by nkechi042(f): 10:54am On Oct 12, 2015
nurey:

sure grin
Re: Honda Accord (evil Spirit) VS Toyota Avalon by nkechi042(f): 10:58am On Oct 12, 2015
auhanson:
thanks, i went for a honda. trying too
Re: Honda Accord (evil Spirit) VS Toyota Avalon by luvinhubby(m): 11:45am On Oct 12, 2015
nkechi042:

Welcome to the Honda family.
We look out for each other.
Re: Honda Accord (evil Spirit) VS Toyota Avalon by davo3286: 3:37pm On Oct 13, 2015
nkechi042:

Hey, check this! That's my engine with air intake system powered by K&N.

2 Likes

Re: Honda Accord (evil Spirit) VS Toyota Avalon by davo3286: 3:42pm On Oct 13, 2015
nkechi042:

1 Like

Re: Honda Accord (evil Spirit) VS Toyota Avalon by davo3286: 3:53pm On Oct 13, 2015
nkechi042:

Checkout my 18inch wheels fitted with Michelin Pilot Super Sport 245/45 ZR18 tyres. Very comfortable tyres I must say. Plus my exhaust mufflers powered by Magnaflow.

3 Likes

Re: Honda Accord (evil Spirit) VS Toyota Avalon by davo3286: 4:06pm On Oct 13, 2015
nkechi042:

Checkout!

Re: Honda Accord (evil Spirit) VS Toyota Avalon by nkechi042(f): 12:14am On Oct 14, 2015
davo3286:

Checkout!

Oh. My God bro. Where u at?.

I need to come and learn cheesy

1 Like

Re: Honda Accord (evil Spirit) VS Toyota Avalon by jodecibmw: 9:05pm On Oct 26, 2015
I think the Toyota just as mentioned by @kingreign is stronger, durable and rugged as more emphasized by the transport industry in Nigeria. Ask any transporter to choose between say a Siena or Odyssey, Camry or Accord etc for interstate travels and see which one survives the hustle without constant breakdowns. Also ask companies in construction/Exploration to choose between Hilux/Tacoma vs Rigeline, though no Honda buses even my love "Nissan" Urvan can't compete with the Hiace either.
smiley smiley smiley

1 Like

Re: Honda Accord (evil Spirit) VS Toyota Avalon by Nobody: 7:53pm On Oct 27, 2015
davo3286:

Checkout!
Dude your car is hot and the fact that it has a V6 under the hood I just don't wanna imagine d atrocities you commit on the road.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Honda Accord (evil Spirit) VS Toyota Avalon by EasyAutoReg: 12:55pm On Sep 03, 2017
nkechi042:
i am confused on which car to get. I love the design and build of Honda Accord, but i am hearing that it has transmission problems and also the tyre stuff.

That a toyota would be the best deal for me. I am confused, although i work and want to look classy. i won't want to bore a hole in my pocket because of a car. anyone using Honda accord and hardly have problems with it? or is the Avalon simply the best buy for me

Hi Nkechi, I don't have such good knowledge of both cars(So just go for that which is better supported on this thread only after ticking all the right boxes), but what I think is Regular maintenance is the only way to longevity. Well, I think congratulations are in hand. You can register either the Toyota or the Honda with us at EasyAutoReg.com . We hope to hear from you soon. Congrats again!
Re: Honda Accord (evil Spirit) VS Toyota Avalon by collinsfhk(m): 5:36am On Mar 11, 2020
nkechi042:
guys, i bought the

Honda Accord V6 with Navi, 2011 model.

Thanks yall, i finally decided to go with a more recent model. All your contributions were helpful, now i need maintenance tips.... Thanks alot.

I have ported from my old Avalon to the Honda Family. grin grin grin

How has the performance been, coupled with fuel economy? Any major issues?
Thanks
Re: Honda Accord (evil Spirit) VS Toyota Avalon by DownChelsea(f): 8:48am On Mar 11, 2020
adanny01:

You mean just like comparing 2013 Honda City to 2007 Camry.

I know what that is but his range is not that. He wants 06 Avalon or 10 accord. The choice is clear and he eventually made the right one.
the 06 avalon is classier than even the 10/11 accord.

Have you ever been in a limited avalon? Avalon is not camry. And it takes about 8 years for an accord/camry to match an older avalon in terms of luxury, equipments and features.

2 Likes

Re: Honda Accord (evil Spirit) VS Toyota Avalon by adanny01(m): 1:01pm On Mar 11, 2020
DownChelsea:
the 06 avalon is classier than even the 10/11 accord.

Have you ever been in a limited avalon? Avalon is not camry. And it takes about 8 years for an accord/camry to match an older avalon in terms of luxury, equipments and features.

Equipment and features are exactly what makes luxury cars unreliable. You think the 2006 Avalon has no Honda mate or what?

Check the 2006 Honda Legend below, this is a match.

Give me a 2006 Avalon option to a 2010 Accord, I will not even think about it.

3 Likes

Re: Honda Accord (evil Spirit) VS Toyota Avalon by DownChelsea(f): 3:50pm On Mar 11, 2020
adanny01:

Equipment and features are exactly what makes luxury cars unreliable. You think the 2006 Avalon has no Honda mate or what?

Check the 2006 Honda Legend below, this is a match.

Give me a 2006 Avalon option to a 2010 Accord, I will not even think about it.
point is.. avalon and accord are in different categories. And should neva be compared. Let the avalon worry about the camry. The avalon is on a different level all together
Re: Honda Accord (evil Spirit) VS Toyota Avalon by adanny01(m): 7:38pm On Mar 11, 2020
DownChelsea:
point is.. avalon and accord are in different categories. And should neva be compared. Let the avalon worry about the camry. The avalon is on a different level all together

Why not?

If I prefer the a 2010 Accord to a 2006 Avalon, certainly I have my reasons to compare and can make a choice. So who ever is buying a car can compare even a Gwagon to a Picanto then make a choice based on the individual's need and preference. You cant be a judge of someone else's choice.

The reasons for comparison are based but not limited to price, reliability, performance, availability and cost of parts, fuel consumption, ease of repair, tech features, ease of use, luxury, etc

Mark Zuckerberg is a billionaire and can afford multiple $3million Rolce Royce but he drove the likes of Pagani Huayra, Volkswagen Golf, Acura TSX, Honda fit of all vehicles. You can browse the list, of world richest people driving ordinary cars and not luxury cars like you think everyone who has little money should buy luxury. Its not strictly like that, its a choice so comparisons must be made.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

My Funny Experience Learning How To Drive In Lagos / CNG Price Fall To N200/scm, Markerters Unveil More Stations In Lagos / Would You Buy This 1958 Porsche 550A Spyder For N1.9billion? (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.