Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,067 members, 7,818,182 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:42 AM

Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! - Career (53) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! (336332 Views)

Nurses Forum: Let's Meet Here / Medical Doctors In Residency Programmes In Nigeria / More Than 5000 Nigeria-trained Medical Doctors Practise In Us’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) ... (67) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by sammyuche(m): 8:41pm On Jan 22, 2018
Hi all. I am a doctor currently doing my housemanship. I
want to know what kind of specialties one can go for and
if i can go for any of the other specialties in medicine
(chem path, microb. Etc) for a career in the UK and please
what are the essential steps to take.

Please i am so green on how to begin this processes at all. From passport to registration etc. Please can any one help me With detailed info
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by Andykruiz(m): 6:28am On Jan 24, 2018
Good morning sirs.
I'm a medical student at one of the medical schools in southern Nigeria.
Please, I'd like to find out if it's possible to do my HOUSEMANSHIP in The United Kingdom....
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by kumero(m): 10:09pm On Jan 30, 2018
Good evening doctors.

My name is Dr. Akinkunmi Ilori. I was wondering if anyone knows of any vacancies in the public health sector (NGO or HMO) anywhere in the country at the moment. I have a Masters in Public Health degree from the University of New South Wales in Australia.

I have applied in several places but it seems slots are very competitive at the moment.

Please I would appreciate any help from anyone here.

God bless you all.
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by Medic98: 6:37am On Feb 02, 2018
MrBigiman:

Many thanks. Did u have to go thru Plabable question bank too?
No, I didn't...
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by Medic98: 6:49am On Feb 02, 2018
igbowarrior4way:
[quote author=Medic98 post=64085262]
Thanks. I'm currently in Nigeria

Well done medic98, when do you intend to do your registration? and is it better to move to uk to job hunt? (Though for me am not sure of anyone to stay with).Just, as am starting on the journey myself, and new here, and could use some help on the order of things. Cheers boss.
Thanks chief. I intend to complete my registration very soon. Moving to the UK to job hunt is not necessary if you plan it properly. You can get a job while in Nigeria and travel once with a tier 2 visa rather than having to go with a visit visa and still come back to apply for a tier 2(work) visa. The proper order of things should be IELTS, PLAB1, PLAB2, Secure a job, Complete GMC Registration (preferably with Tier 2 Visa), Start work. The first 3 stages are fixed. The next 2 stages can be interchanged depending on your plans and circumstances. The last stage is obviously fixed.

4 Likes

Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by igbowarrior4way(m): 9:53pm On Feb 02, 2018
[quote author=Medic98 post=64711453][/quote]Many thanks for your wise advice..How necessary would it be to have UK hospital experience in the form of clinical attachment, as I’ve heard this is likely to make you more marketable in UK before you get NHS job? And may even lead to a job offer? Do you think this is important yourself, and will it figure in your plans? Again thanks for your patience explaining the order of things..
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by DBestDoc(f): 4:01pm On Feb 03, 2018
Medic98:
IELTS, PLAB1, PLAB2 done. cool Now job hunting...

Congratulations Doc.
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by Medic98: 6:44pm On Feb 03, 2018
igbowarrior4way:
Many thanks for your wise advice..
You're welcome chief wink
How necessary would it be to have UK hospital experience in the form of clinical attachment, as I’ve heard this is likely to make you more marketable in UK before you get NHS job? And may even lead to a job offer?
Completely unnecessary at the moment as there are several jobs available. I know lots of people who have got jobs in the last 2 years with nothing other than plab 2 passed. I've even heard that some people secured NES jobs before taking plab 2. The demand for doctors has been way more than the supply in the past 2 years, although that demand seems to be reducing gradually... Despite the decline in demand, I don't think clinical attachment is necessary, at least for the time being.
Do you think this is important yourself, and will it figure in your plans?
Nope. It's definitely not in my plans to do one. I had an interview 2 days ago and I wasn't asked about any clinical attachment... (I'm awaiting the outcome). I have another scheduled for Monday and another for Wednesday. At the moment, it's simply not necessary.
Again thanks for your patience explaining the order of things..
You're welcome boss.

2 Likes

Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by Medic98: 6:47pm On Feb 03, 2018
DBestDoc:

Congratulations Doc.
Thanks, Doc! smiley
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by igbowarrior4way(m): 1:32am On Feb 05, 2018
Medic98:

You're welcome chief wink

Completely unnecessary at the moment as there are several jobs available. I know lots of people who have got jobs in the last 2 years with nothing other than plab 2 passed. I've even heard that some people secured NES jobs before taking plab 2. The demand for doctors has been way more than the supply in the past 2 years, although that demand seems to be reducing gradually... Despite the decline in demand, I don't think clinical attachment is necessary, at least for the time being.
Nope. It's definitely not in my plans to do one. I had an interview 2 days ago and I wasn't asked about any clinical attachment... (I'm awaiting the outcome). I have another scheduled for Monday and another for Wednesday. At the moment, it's simply not necessary.
You're welcome boss.

Good luck for your interviews, do keep us informed..
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by ebonyeyes88(f): 4:20am On Feb 06, 2018
cry
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by Ayotundesh: 5:52am On Feb 07, 2018
What's up docs!
Dont forget to appreciate your special someone. or loved one this Valentine.
it's a heart of Love nd a box of Chocolate.
Call or whatsapp 08169896543 for more information.
Thank you, look forward to hearing from you

Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by Nyinyez7(f): 5:59pm On Feb 10, 2018
Please can someone share the Watsapp link for PLAB. Thanks.
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by Nyinyez7(f): 6:44pm On Feb 10, 2018
Please can anyone send me the link to the Watsapp group please. Thanks giftnluv@gmail.com. PLAB 1.

1 Like

Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by emmaliver(m): 8:03pm On Feb 10, 2018
following. I have been on NL for long. just saw this. biko where is it happening. have had my prim for 3yrs now. no residency yet
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by Areaboyfriend(m): 9:44pm On Feb 10, 2018
Good day doctors and medicos, I am a medical student 400L, I am planning on writing usmle step 1 probably after graduation. I need to start preparations. Any advice, instructions, help is welcome!
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by Nyinyez7(f): 3:06pm On Feb 11, 2018
Please can anyone add me to the group please on Watsapp n telegram. giftnluv@gmail.com
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by Nyinyez7(f): 6:32pm On Feb 11, 2018
Please guys someone should please add me to the Watsapp and telegram PLAB groups. Thanks 08136142616.
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by Medic98: 9:00pm On Feb 11, 2018
Nyinyez7:
Please can anyone add me to the group please on Watsapp n telegram. giftnluv@gmail.com
Hi Nyinyez7, I think you should contact the poster below. He may be able to add you. Cheers!

obuksjr:
Download telegram app, so I can add you to the group.
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by Nyinyez7(f): 9:07pm On Feb 11, 2018
Medic98:

Hi Nyinyez7, I think you should contact the poster below. He may be able to add you. Cheers!

Thank you so much
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by Medic98: 9:16pm On Feb 11, 2018
Nyinyez7:

Thank you so much
Uwc smiley
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by igbowarrior4way(m): 5:01pm On Feb 12, 2018
Medic98:

Uwc smiley
Any result off your interviews yet medic98? Are they done via Skype or something?
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by Medic98: 11:36pm On Feb 13, 2018
igbowarrior4way:
Any result off your interviews yet medic98? Are they done via Skype or something?
Yes, there is! cheesy Thanks for asking. I got a trust grade job in Emergency Medicine last week. Plenty work, but what does a man do? sad I accepted the first offer that came because it was okay and I'm sort of in a hurry right now 'cos my I.D check date is fast approaching... No time for me to be too picky. smiley Yes, most NHS interviews are done via SKYPE. NES suitability interviews are usually done via regular phone call. Cheers! kiss

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by kimatti: 1:41pm On Feb 14, 2018
Please i have an optical set at cheap prize for sale in abuja...call me on 07064610014...for interested buyers
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by kimatti: 1:43pm On Feb 14, 2018
Or send me a message on whatsapp 08095822167...for calls 07064610014...for optical set at a cheap prize,m in abuja
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by igbowarrior4way(m): 6:33pm On Feb 14, 2018
Medic98:

Yes, there is! cheesy Thanks for asking. I got a trust grade job in Emergency Medicine last week. Plenty work but what does a man do? sad I accepted the first offer that came because it was okay and I'm sort of in a hurry right now 'cos my I.D check date is fast approaching... No time for me to be too picky. smiley Yes, most NHS interviews are done via SKYPE. NES suitability interviews are usually done via regular phone call. Cheers! kiss

Wow that’s great news Medic98. That will be in an emergency department then? Are many trusts in UK offering such like? Do you know of the area at all where the hospital is? Wow you really inspire me to get going, and am sure the house will join me in congratulations man !!
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by Medic98: 6:50pm On Feb 14, 2018
igbowarrior4way:

Wow that’s great news Medic98. That will be in an emergency department then? Are many trusts in UK offering such like? Do you know of the area at all where the hospital is? Wow you really inspire me to get going, and am sure the house will join me in congratulations man !!
Thanks smiley. Yes, it's in an Emergency Department job and Yes, lots of trusts in the UK are offering such jobs at the moment. There are a whole lot of other jobs available in other specialties as well. It all depends on what you want. The only difference is that not all jobs fall under shortage occupation. With the issue of refusal of COS applications recently trending, shortage occupation jobs such as Emergency jobs tend to give greater security/assurance in securing COS and subsequent tier 2 visa. There's a lot of information that you may not fully grasp at the moment, just begin from where you are and gradually advance in the process. As you go along, you'll get more information and be better equipped to make necessary decisions at every point in time. Here is the link of a good blog that gives lots of information about the UK PLAB journey - omarsguidelines..com. You can also get a lot of info from various whatsapp, telegram and facebook PLAB groups. I wish you all the best in your journey bro!

4 Likes

Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by igbowarrior4way(m): 7:17pm On Feb 14, 2018
Medic98:

Thanks smiley. Yes, it's in an Emergency Department job and Yes, lots of trusts in the UK are offering such jobs at the moment. There are a whole lot of other jobs available in other specialties as well. It all depends on what you want. The only difference is that not all jobs fall under shortage occupation. With the issue of refusal of COS applications recently trending, shortage occupation jobs such as Emergency jobs tend to give greater security/assurance in securing COS and subsequent tier 2 visa. There's a lot of information that you may not fully grasp at the moment, just begin from where you are and gradually advance in the process. As you go along, you'll get more information and be better equipped to make necessary decisions at every point in time. Here is the link of a good blog that gives lots of information about the UK PLAB journey - omarsguidelines..com. You can also get a lot of info from various whatsapp, telegram and facebook PLAB groups. I wish you all the best in your journey bro!

Many thanks again for all your tips man.
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by Medic98: 8:48pm On Feb 14, 2018
igbowarrior4way:

Many thanks again for all your tips man.
Uwc. Glad I could be of help.
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by Gr8amechi: 9:22am On Feb 15, 2018
Medic98:

Yes, there is! cheesy Thanks for asking. I got a trust grade job in Emergency Medicine last week. Plenty work, but what does a man do? sad I accepted the first offer that came because it was okay and I'm sort of in a hurry right now 'cos my I.D check date is fast approaching... No time for me to be too picky. smiley Yes, most NHS interviews are done via SKYPE. NES suitability interviews are usually done via regular phone call. Cheers! kiss
Chief big congrats to you, greater heights hope you keep us updated
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by Medic98: 9:55am On Feb 15, 2018
Gr8amechi:

Chief big congrats to you, greater heights hope you keep us updated
Thanks bro! I wish you the same.

(1) (2) (3) ... (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) ... (67) (Reply)

Salary In The Nigerian Army? / Any HSE Professionals In The House? / How Much Is Level 8/2 Based On New Salary Structure?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.