Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,442 members, 7,816,008 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:26 PM

Every Lady Now Talks About Time Wasters - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Every Lady Now Talks About Time Wasters (1051 Views)

Things Every Lady Should Do Before Getting Married / 10 Pictures Every Lady Who Is No Longer A Virgin Can Relate To / She Now Talks Dirty During lovemaking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Every Lady Now Talks About Time Wasters by labimide: 7:41pm On Sep 18, 2015
‘I realize I’m 27 with no interest in getting married (at the moment), but I want to marry eventually. It may not be the best for me to wait till I feel like it before stepping out, but I guess not with someone who’s ready now.’

That’s my friend’s stance on relationship, and I agree with him. It is common for guys (that are of age) to feel unready for marriage, but I don’t think that should discourage them from entering into relationships. While you may not know your partner enough in courtship, no matter how long, healthy friendship can be developed and strengthened during this period.

But every lady now talks about time wasters. And by time wasters they mean guys who are up for ‘friendship now, marriage later.’  But do I blame them?  Who wants undefined friendships? As the saying goes, ‘once beaten, twice shy.’ Our ladies have been fooled. They have entrusted their heart to fools and have been crushed. They have tried to heal, but are left scared. They have learned from the mistakes of their past, though, and now guard their hearts with militaristic vehemence.  Their wisdom they swore to pass down generations and will never give their hearts without the commitment of marriage again. No! They aren’t fools!

In the wake of every burning love lies ashes of indifference.

However, as a guy, I’ve learnt that love and marriage are not synonymous. Love makes relationship work, but not marriage. You decide for marriage, and until you are ready, it’s not just going to happen to you. I strongly feel that when you are ready, the decision to get married should be executed on a relationship built on love, not one propelled by the will to get married.

Now, I think the best fit is someone who wants to be with you, marriage or no marriage; someone who wants to marry you even when you are terminally ill and death beckons. Someone that will say, ‘If all that is left is just one more night, I will spend it with my head on your chest listening to the harmony of our heartbeats, of a love that has become unexplainable and sacred.’  But that’s hard to find.

Selfless Love.

I’m of the opinion that if the drive for love is to be married, then it’s selfish.  Marriage should be a selfless union, of mutual affection, a blessing shared by the couple.

Now let’s contrast two sentences:

‘I love you, so let’s get married;’ and

‘I need to get married, so I love you.’

Who wants the second?  I, for one, will give my heart to the love that will marry the broken and beaten me, the love that has seen me at my worst and will still deal, just one more night, if that’s all we’ve got.

To the ladies who love me, to the ladies who have heard of hurts, to my ladies who have been hurt… You all deserve to love without the pressure of marriage. You all deserve to bask in the sun of pure friendship. And you all deserve to be married, when you are ready!

Every lady now talks about time wasters.... Now these are my thoughts on relationships and marriages. I will be glad to have you read through and comment. Share your thoughts in the comment section. And you know what? You need not agree with me. The beauty is when we all learn from the diversity of opinions. https://labimide./2015/09/09/every-lady-now-talks-about-time-wasters/

cc: lalasticlala, UyiIredia, ladywriter, therock5555, chidinho, AudreyTimms, vivly, kilokey, bakingsoda, olufemiabbey, nitefury, onihaxy, dapo777

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Every Lady Now Talks About Time Wasters by falconey(m): 7:43pm On Sep 18, 2015
you want make them send am to frontpage of that site?

1 Like

Re: Every Lady Now Talks About Time Wasters by labimide: 7:48pm On Sep 18, 2015
falconey:
[color=#990000][/color]

Already on the front page of the site. Front page of Nairaland will be fine. Lol. Thanks.
Re: Every Lady Now Talks About Time Wasters by falconey(m): 7:50pm On Sep 18, 2015
labimide:

Already on the front page of the site. Front page of Nairaland will be fine. Lol. Thanks.

that was sarcasm telling you to post the full story here to earn frontpage.
Re: Every Lady Now Talks About Time Wasters by labimide: 7:54pm On Sep 18, 2015
Fine
Re: Every Lady Now Talks About Time Wasters by banjicom(m): 8:05pm On Sep 18, 2015
too long! what happened to summarization

1 Like

Re: Every Lady Now Talks About Time Wasters by labimide: 8:09pm On Sep 18, 2015
banjicom:
too long!
what happened to summarization

she deserted for a more worthy heartthrob. tongue tongue tongue
Re: Every Lady Now Talks About Time Wasters by afolwalex20(m): 8:29pm On Sep 18, 2015
In summary sha.. they hate time wasters undecided

1 Like

Re: Every Lady Now Talks About Time Wasters by Adasun(m): 8:33pm On Sep 18, 2015
Ok....... undecidedOk.......

1 Like

Re: Every Lady Now Talks About Time Wasters by Nobody: 8:42pm On Sep 18, 2015
op, walahi! u get time to dey notice all these things

1 Like

Re: Every Lady Now Talks About Time Wasters by pet4ril(f): 9:37pm On Sep 18, 2015
Hmmmmm

1 Like

Re: Every Lady Now Talks About Time Wasters by Nitefury: 10:28pm On Sep 18, 2015
I’m of the opinion that if the drive for love is to be married, then it’s selfish. "

Reminds me about Femi Kuti who said that perhaps if he and his ex wife hadn't gotten married, they would have still been together.

1 Like

Re: Every Lady Now Talks About Time Wasters by Nobody: 5:55am On Sep 19, 2015
You are very right. A lot of old cargoes aren't capable of loving trully anymore, they only start to "love" when they are told about plans of marriage. God knows I won't get married to a desperate woman if at all I will get married.

A lot of gals have been heartbroken and shattered emotionally, they can never love a guy sincerely again, they can only pretend to love just to get married and then show the man a living hell. angry

1 Like

Re: Every Lady Now Talks About Time Wasters by labimide: 7:26am On Sep 19, 2015
Dapo777:
they can only pretend to love just to get married and then show the man a living hell. (

lol @ living hell. So true!

(1) (Reply)

Rules Of Christian Dating / How To Find Your True Wife In Five Difficult Steps / She Need Me But I Dont Have Feelings For Her.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.