Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,127 members, 7,825,527 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 04:57 PM

In The Name Of Religion? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / In The Name Of Religion? (1336 Views)

What 'freedom Of Religion' Means To Muslims? / The Wars Of Religion / Can Man Live Ethically And Morally Without The Guidance Of Religion? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

In The Name Of Religion? by BrownEyes4(f): 3:17pm On Oct 06, 2006
I am not for or against any particular religion but when I do notice extreme injustice carried out in the name of 'God', I have to put my two pence in. Mind you this is not an opportunity for the Christians to emerge and continue with their hate campaign, this is for the Muslims to give their own explanations of this ghastly deed.

Re: In The Name Of Religion? by dayokanu(m): 4:01pm On Oct 06, 2006
No comments!! the act speak for itself I ask would Moh'd have done that to the boy?
Re: In The Name Of Religion? by KAG: 10:30pm On Oct 06, 2006
Fake, magic act, snopes.
Re: In The Name Of Religion? by BrownEyes4(f): 12:03pm On Oct 08, 2006
I doubt if the picture has been doctored just to get this point across. I just want to know if this happens because of Man's law or God's law. So far none of the people who follow the religion, that perpetuates this action, has replied.
Re: In The Name Of Religion? by KAG: 10:11pm On Oct 11, 2006
Brown-Eyes:

I doubt if the picture has been doctored just to get this point across. I just want to know if this happens because of Man's law or God's law. So far none of the people who follow the religion, that perpetuates this action, has replied.

No the pictures aren't doctored, the event was doctored.

Snopes is usually reliable, so:

http://www.snopes.com/photos/gruesome/crushboy.asp
Re: In The Name Of Religion? by Free(f): 2:29am On Oct 13, 2006
Omg!!!
R U serious? shocked shocked

tell me its not 4 real
Re: In The Name Of Religion? by exu(m): 7:49pm On Oct 13, 2006
As much as I detest religion I don't think the above has anything to do with any particular 'faith'.

Rather it is just the harsh reality of life in a country going through a trying period.
Re: In The Name Of Religion? by edygirl(f): 10:23pm On Oct 13, 2006
Poor boy, he was just hungry. Damn!! Lord have mercy on them.
Re: In The Name Of Religion? by Nobody: 10:28pm On Oct 13, 2006
petty thieves have their arms cut off in shariah.
It's not new.
Even happens in Naija.
Allah is all knowing and 'merciful' ain't he?
Re: In The Name Of Religion? by olabowale(m): 7:32pm On Oct 15, 2006
@Babyosisi: No one has ever committed any offense, for the first time is ever caught and punished, under Sharia law! Also, no one who out of neccessity, commits the crime of theft is justly punished. In sharia, there is a process of 'Law and Order'. True sharia is not being practiced in any place on earth, today! It is not in the so called Sharia states of Nigeria, any other nation in the so called muslim countries. There is no Islamic country right now. The head of Islamic nation or community is the Khalifah. Most khalifahs, at least the first four; Abu Bakr, Umar, Uthman and Ali (RA), were just rulers. They did not encroched on the right of those people under their authorities, be they, rich or poor, men or women, muslims or non muslims. All were treated with God consciousness in mind. This is true Sharia.

The lukewarm muslim rulers as cohorts, with the enemies of Islamic unity, are fighting against this inevitable , must happen office and convergence of Islamic people. The differences in the Islamic groups, because I know you will remind me of Shia and Sunni splinter groups, is very esoterical or cosmetic at best. All will converge, under the leadership of the Khalifah, as soon as the office is occupied.
Re: In The Name Of Religion? by jaybaby(f): 10:39pm On Oct 15, 2006
Wale u r not saying what i really want 2 know?

OMG THIS BOY IS 2 SMALL 2 B TREATED THIS WAY cry cry cry cry cry!!!!!!!!1 Y IS THIS KIND OF LAW PRACTICED?
Re: In The Name Of Religion? by Nobody: 3:08am On Oct 16, 2006
olabowale:

@Babyosisi: No one has ever committed any offense, for the first time is ever caught and punished, under Sharia law! Also, no one who out of neccessity, commits the crime of theft is justly punished. In sharia, there is a process of 'Law and Order'. True sharia is not being practiced in any place on earth, today! It is not in the so called Sharia states of Nigeria, any other nation in the so called muslim countries. There is no Islamic country right now. The head of Islamic nation or community is the Khalifah. Most khalifahs, at least the first four; Abu Bakr, Umar, Uthman and Ali (RA), were just rulers. They did not encroched on the right of those people under their authorities, be they, rich or poor, men or women, muslims or non muslims. All were treated with God consciousness in mind. This is true Sharia.

The lukewarm muslim rulers as cohorts, with the enemies of Islamic unity, are fighting against this inevitable , must happen office and convergence of Islamic people. The differences in the Islamic groups, because I know you will remind me of Shia and Sunni splinter groups, is very esoterical or cosmetic at best. All will converge, under the leadership of the Khalifah, as soon as the office is occupied.

Honey no one made mention of how many times the theft occured,it wouldn't hurt for you to be straightforward from time to time and with less words too.
Re: In The Name Of Religion? by olabowale(m): 3:20am On Oct 16, 2006
@Babyosisi: I am straight forward. Islam is not built on phraseology. The Qur'an is heavy, so the Hadith is a means of its explanation. Yet, a single hadith has a collection of books, trying to explain it. It was reported that Ali, RA, was explaining Bismillahir. The B explanation took him from Ishai prayer to Subuhi pray of the following day, yet he did not finish its explanation!.
Re: In The Name Of Religion? by Nobody: 3:57am On Oct 16, 2006
olabowole,there you go again,have a good night my inlaw and say 'ndewo' to my sister from me.
Re: In The Name Of Religion? by focused345: 9:59pm On Dec 28, 2011
@post:

I am not surprise. It is happening in Northern Nigeria.

(1) (Reply)

Jehovah's Witnesses And Blood Transfusion / Why Do Nigerians Worship God? / Are These Negative Stories/comments Helping Us Become Better?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.