Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,286 members, 7,818,977 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:16 AM

Is Ford Escape A Good Car - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Is Ford Escape A Good Car (15987 Views)

Angry Driver On Revenge Mission Flips Ford Escape SUV As He Tries To Hit A BMW / Is Ford Escape 08, 09 Series Good? / Is Ford Edge A Good Car (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Ford Escape A Good Car by pato405(m): 12:31pm On Sep 21, 2015
chucky234 pls stop wasting your time on the jackass illiterates on this thread, I've given up already. Hopeless dimwits who think they they take all gibberish they see on the pages of an illusive magazine line and sinker. angry

chucky234:
www.autonews.com/article/20140331/RETAIL01/303319872?template=mobile
Here in Canada Fusion was the best selling car in 2009-011, and in 2013-2015 beating Camry to the top spot.
And for the month of March 2015 in the US market Ford Fusion dumped Accord out of the top 10 with CR-V the only Honda making the list.
www.cheatsheet.com/automobiles/10-of-the-best-selling-cars-trucks-and-suvs-for-march.html/?a=viewall
In the top 20 in May 2015 you have 5 Ford cars on the list, Honda with only two and Toyota....no comment
www.autocontentexp.com/20-best-selling-vehicles-of-2015-so-far/
In top 21 overall sale for the year you have Fusion in occupying number 9 position while the ever present Ford Escape is in number 11.
Remember this is midsize sedan and SUV combined list, the Escape is always there.
www.caranddriver.com/flipbook/magnus-numeris-here-are-the-21-bestselling-vehicles-of-the-year
Even in the Hybrid segment you have the Fusion sitting closely to Camry in second place.
www.cheatsheet.com/automobiles/the-2015-toyota-camry-hybrid-vs-4-midsize-competitors.html/?a=viewall
By the way the Elantra has done far more in sales than Sonata in the non-luxury car segment yet both still rank below Fusion both in sale and style.
Do your research bro.
Re: Is Ford Escape A Good Car by patlead: 3:30pm On Sep 21, 2015
chucky234:
Toyota reliability with the annual recalls is been over-flogged, Ford cars especially the Fusion and Taurus post above average reliability rating similar to Toyota and Honda.
Take a look at the comparison between Ford Escape and Toyota Rav4
www.thecarconnection.com/news/1098984_toyota-rav4-vs-ford-escape-compare-cars
www.usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/cars-trucks/best-cars-blog/2015/06/Ford_Escape_vs_Toyota_RAV4_Which_Should_You_Buy/

i did not drive both cars in the magazines, i drove them on lagos roads, so am talking real life o.

i repeat except its a status/official car or brandnew,pls avoid it.
Re: Is Ford Escape A Good Car by kingreign(m): 4:01pm On Sep 21, 2015
patlead:

i did not drive both cars in the magazines, i drove them on lagos roads, so am talking real life o.

i repeat except its a status/official car or brandnew,pls avoid it.

There's a Gospel music sang by an Igbo person with a lyrics that goes thus,
"Never mind them, never you mind them,
Never mind them, never you mind them"
Re: Is Ford Escape A Good Car by pato405(m): 4:19pm On Sep 21, 2015
Bless you my guy. Leave them with their Toyota propaganda. They think the whole world must drive a Toyota. I've told Op that I drive one, I even went as far as dropping my number for him to call me and if possible book an appointment to have a look at it. I have driven it for 2yrs now and still counting without visiting a mechanic. I'm NOT selling it, just to buttress my point if need be. Interior is ok for a car of that price. Fuel consumption is superb. No issues at ALL. Quiet engine, still looks as clean as a fresh toks despite driving it for 2 yrs. The body is rugged and I MUST say I'm really impressed with FORD.

ElRazur:

My brother drives a 2006 Ford Escape in Nigeria. It was a left hand imported from the UK. In fact, the car was from an American military personnel based in the UK here.

The car has been used to travel to a few parts of Nigeria and I have been inside it from Ilorin to Ife and for many daily use in Ilorin. My thoughts? A reliable car that I personally see nothing wrong with it. The ride is quiet on the inside and seem to absorb the bad roads well. The car has been in naija for three years or so now and the only repair that's done on it was when the car door was dented by the house gate. No mechanical failure and no issues that will give me any concerns if I am buying a Ford Escape.

I am buying a car in naija soon and I have it down as one of the alternatives I would consider. In my experience, I have nothing bad to say about Ford Escape. Even here in the UK, they've upped their game and they are easy and cheap to own and maintain. Finally, Ford that come to Nigeria are probably the one designated for America and in my experience they tend to come more kitted than their UK counterpart.

If you want to buy a Ford escape, I'll say go for it. However, don't be an average Nigerian and try to cut corners with servicing and looking after your ride because I= O. What you put in is what you will get down the line.

A Ford Escape from 2005 seem to retail for 800k - 1.5m. I think for what it does as s daily commute for social and pleasure, it is not bad. Good luck.

1 Like

Re: Is Ford Escape A Good Car by kingreign(m): 4:29pm On Sep 21, 2015
pato405:
Bless you my guy. Leave them with their Toyota propaganda. They think the whole world must drive a Toyota. I've told Op that I drive one, I even went as far as dropping my number for him to call me and if possible book an appointment to have a look at it. I have driven it for 2yrs now and still counting without visiting a mechanic. I'm NOT selling it, just to buttress my point if need be. Interior is ok for a car of that price. Fuel consumption is superb. No issues at ALL. Quiet engine, still looks as clean as a fresh toks despite driving it for 2 yrs. The body is rugged and I MUST say I'm really impressed with FORD.

Oh I see, you wanna force your evil dead ford on the innocent man, fulaman come see wickedness at its peak.
I can even drop my number for the OP to come see my 2003 Toyota that is getting to 4 years on February yet still looking like it left factory yesterday

1 Like

Re: Is Ford Escape A Good Car by ElRazur: 5:13pm On Sep 21, 2015
Na wah mehn. Seem some cannot just explain or debate in a civil way. Not every debate should have a "winner". We can all talk about the merit of what we perceived as a " better car" but at the end of the day, we aren't the ones paying for it but the OP. All these insults and bickering back and forth isn't the way.

OP, I tend to go for a test drive here before I buy a car. I understand that this may be difficult in naija but what do you have to lose to pick up the offer of @pato405 and have a look. You have nothing to lose. Also if anyone is offering for you to have a look at other brand, it is worth doing so.

2 Likes

Re: Is Ford Escape A Good Car by femibig(m): 6:34pm On Sep 21, 2015
shullamite:
Thanks fulaman198
Forget all that crap.

Ford is fantastic. I can testify to it.

My shocks are for life (life time warranty)

Get yourself a good mechanic and you will enjoy your reliable Ford anytime, anyday.

Cheers bro.

1 Like

Re: Is Ford Escape A Good Car by ElRazur: 6:49pm On Sep 21, 2015
femibig:

Forget all that crap.

Ford is fantastic. I can testify to it.

My shocks are for life (life time warranty)

Get yourself a good mechanic and you will enjoy your reliable Ford anytime, anyday.

Cheers bro.

In the UK, they offer 100k miles warranty on the engine and paint work if I remember correctly.
Re: Is Ford Escape A Good Car by ElRazur: 6:51pm On Sep 21, 2015
Re: Is Ford Escape A Good Car by daxlasaint(m): 8:49pm On Sep 21, 2015
shullamite:
Ok thanks, maybe I should be tilting towards EOD already. I fell in love with the escape becos of the SUV and the price I was offered was cheap to afford, and I like the roominess because I am a tall person that like space in cars.

Ermmm.... instead of EOD I would advice Discussion Continued... EOD's ball joint is the reason most people are under the misconception that Hoonda cars don't have good Legs.
Re: Is Ford Escape A Good Car by patlead: 8:53pm On Sep 21, 2015
pato405:

What do you expect from nonentities ?

Just for the records, I'm not selling my car to OP, I WILL NOT & NEVER sell such a car that has been so faithful and reliable. I can only offer him a ride in it/allow him inspect engine sound etc... and that's about as much as I can do to prove to him it's not a bad car as peddled by some retarded nitwits here. I'm only doing that favor because, as I noted earlier, I've been in his shoes before, - having limited funds but really want an SUV and nothing less. Others might have driven a sorrow-ladden ford, But sorry, mine has been sweet, infact sweeter than any car anyone can ever propose to me. FULLSTOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How old r you?
you sound like you inherited that car becos you kind of find it difficult to engage a healthy convo.

read my post again,this time s.l.o.w.l.y

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Ford Escape A Good Car by billy187(m): 9:40pm On Sep 21, 2015
Ill be blunt: toyotas are more reliable than fords: on average. But you guys make ford look like a piston throwing, oil leaking rusty orgasm of a car, which is not the case! Ive been driving an '03 Ford focus for almost 4 years now and the problems that ive had can be all related to me foolishly buying a locally used 'tropicalized' car-and even those are few!

So op, if you do go for that escape..id recommend a non locally used one....

oh...and some trivia.....My neighbour owns a Toyota Avensis and its been hell for him? How do I know? He joins me almost everyday to work! grin .

Ps: I really cant see how a '15 camry looks better than a '15 fusion! most consumers sites seem to agree....but then opinions are like noses; everybody has one!!

4 Likes

Re: Is Ford Escape A Good Car by sultaan(m): 1:20am On Sep 22, 2015
We understand that some have used a couple of Toyota, Honda but upgrading is sometimes being bored with the cat after a couple of months and people do that with Toyota a lot if it's not a car that you really liked or fit your personality you will sell it soon buy eat YOU really like.

Those who have never owned other brands might feel strong about the only your of cat they know but those who have tried or driven several might v feel different.

Toyota and Honda have good resale value because they are the only brands the third world know Americans do not consider the third world as as a market that is why you don't see dealerships in Nigeria go to China and see the competition what the numbers really count.Arguing about 13 years old cars does not change the status of our market
OP go test drive your options

1 Like

Re: Is Ford Escape A Good Car by Nobody: 4:25am On Sep 22, 2015
Sultaan with profound respect I make bold to declare that you didn't make much sense here... I was looking forward to something more convincing than this from you

sultaan:
We understand that some have used a couple of Toyota, Honda but upgrading is sometimes being bored with the cat after a couple of months and people do that with Toyota a lot if it's not a car that you really liked or fit your personality you will sell it soon buy eat YOU really like.
Those who have never owned other brands might feel strong about the only your of cat they know but those who have tried or driven several might v feel different.
Toyota and Honda have good resale value because they are the only brands the third world know Americans do not consider the third world as as a market that is why you don't see dealerships in Nigeria go to China and see the competition what the numbers really count.Arguing about 13 years old cars does not change the status of our market
Re: Is Ford Escape A Good Car by kingreign(m): 6:44am On Sep 22, 2015
sultaan:

Hmmm, this is NOT true. Americans that buy Toyota and Honda aren't fools.
Re: Is Ford Escape A Good Car by pato405(m): 11:13am On Sep 22, 2015
patlead:

How old r you?
you sound like you inherited that car becos you kind of find it difficult to engage a healthy convo.

read my post again,this time s.l.o.w.l.y

old man, kindly stop quoting me. I have a very low tolerance threshold for useless lummox like you. Your looney vituperations just shows how much of a dimwitted, lumbering oaf of a person you are. Quote me again at your owl peril..

*moderators* pls how do I block this r.etard?
Re: Is Ford Escape A Good Car by patlead: 5:15pm On Sep 22, 2015
pato405:

old man, kindly stop quoting me. I have a very low tolerance threshold for useless lummox like you. Your looney vituperations just shows how much of a dimwitted, lumbering oaf of a person you are. Quote me again at your owl peril..

lwkmd....why do you sound so frustrated or better still why does your post sound so....

If you like blow the whole grammar wey you know or copy the little english tenses from your cheap android phone, its does not make the price of the camry and the ford focus/escape the same price.

Now, back to the alma matter, is the camry a good car......yes! is ford escape/focus a good car/.....hell yeah,

I repeat, except its a brand new ford or the OP's status/ Official car , he should avoid the Ford.

2 Likes

Re: Is Ford Escape A Good Car by Kashif(m): 5:25pm On Sep 22, 2015
pato405:

Very unnecessary. Why exert so much energy on debates like this? Just make your point and move on.
Re: Is Ford Escape A Good Car by sultaan(m): 9:56pm On Sep 22, 2015
kingreign:

The trend in the auto industry is affected by the price of gas. The Japanese started selling more car because American makers were focused on trucks and big cars.Until Ford and GM started their eco boost the smallest engine for their compact was the 2.0 when Toyota was using a 2.2 in the Camry note the American cars were compared to the 1.7 Corolla, civic.
Models bigger than that had v6 .Now they have more midsize and compact in the market things are getting interesting.If you know what is in the market now then you'll understand.Most Nigerians are working from the view of 8 years ago start comparing cars from 2009 CAFE standard I'd forcing smaller engines.
Impalas and Taurus now have a 2.0T option fusions, kia don't have v6 anymore
Re: Is Ford Escape A Good Car by Fulaman198(m): 10:19pm On Sep 22, 2015
kingreign:

Oh I see, you wanna force your evil dead ford on the innocent man, fulaman come see wickedness at its peak.
I can even drop my number for the OP to come see my 2003 Toyota that is getting to 4 years on February yet still looking like it left factory yesterday

I've seen the wickedness, that's why I choose to ignore it.
Re: Is Ford Escape A Good Car by Fulaman198(m): 10:22pm On Sep 22, 2015
sultaan:

The trend in the auto industry is affected by the price of gas. The Japanese started selling more car because American makers were focused on trucks and big cars.Until Ford and GM started their eco boost the smallest engine for their compact was the 2.0 when Toyota was using a 2.2 in the Camry note the American cars were compared to the 1.7 Corolla, civic.
Models buyers than that had v6 .Now they have more midsize and compact in the market things are getting interesting.If you know what Isaac in the market now then you'll understand.Most Nigerians are working from the view of 8 years ago start comparing cars from 2009 CAFE standard I'd forcing smaller engines.
Impalas and Taurus now have a 2.0T option fusions, kia don't have v6 anymore

Camry has not used a 2.2L on as its base engine since 2001. Corolla uses a 1.8L I4.
Re: Is Ford Escape A Good Car by daxlasaint(m): 10:38pm On Sep 22, 2015
billy187:
Ill be blunt: toyotas are more reliable than fords: on average. But you guys make ford look like a piston throwing, oil leaking rusty orgasm of a car, which is not the case! Ive been driving an '03 Ford focus for almost 4 years now and the problems that ive had can be all related to me foolishly buying a locally used 'tropicalized' car-and even those are few!

So op, if you do go for that escape..id recommend a non locally used one....

oh...and some trivia.....My neighbour owns a Toyota Avensis and its been hell for him? How do I know? He joins me almost everyday to work! grin .

Ps: I really cant see how a '15 camry looks better than a '15 fusion! most consumers sites seem to agree....but then opinions are like noses; everybody has one!!

Don't get me wrong, my Escape was a dream ride to drive but when the issues started kicking in I felt like someone was spiritually draining my pockets through the devilish car... cars like women have different temperaments and where one model could be bliss to one man, it can be hell to another... But on the average ford escape is a difficult car to maintain and even harder to keep in prime condition once it starts acting up
Re: Is Ford Escape A Good Car by kingreign(m): 10:54pm On Sep 22, 2015
Fulaman198:

I've seen the wickedness, that's why I choose to ignore it.
If I could switch from an Infiniti QX4 to a Toyota Highlander, and a year later I bought an RX330 (which is still a Highlander) and I haven't replaced any thing, and none of the Cars (Lexus and Toyota) had slept at a workshop or developed fault despite my heavy usage of the Highlander which will be 4 years in February with just one brake pad change since I bought it apart from normal scheduled oil change, then no one can stop me from singing about the wonders of toyota. My aunt switched from a Carina ii, to a Camry 2001 2.2l i4, and now uses an RX300 yet none of these cars had disappointed her. My uncle used a pencil light before it was snatched at gun point in Mararaba, a year later, he bought 2005 CAMRY 2.4l i4 and yes its still going strong.
My brother, I can't do evil by denying someone else the chance to enjoy the automotive peace of mind I currently enjoy.

2 Likes

Re: Is Ford Escape A Good Car by Fulaman198(m): 11:02pm On Sep 22, 2015
kingreign:

If I could switch from an Infiniti QX4 to a Toyota Highlander, and a year later I bought an RX330 (which is still a Highlander) and I haven't replaced any thing, and none of the Cars (Lexus and Toyota) had slept at a workshop or developed fault despite my heavy usage of the Highlander which will be 4 years in February with just one brake pad change since I bought it apart from normal scheduled oil change, then no one can stop me from singing about the wonders of toyota. My aunt switched from a Carina ii, to a Camry 2001 2.2l i4, and now uses an RX300 yet none of these cars had disappointed her. My uncle used a pencil light before it was snatched at gun point in Mararaba, a year later, he bought 2005 CAMRY 2.4l i4 and yes its still going strong.
My brother, I can't do evil by denying someone else the chance to enjoy the automotive peace of mind I currently enjoy.

I think that the OP realises that some people in this thread are wishing him failure by recommending such an inferior product.
Re: Is Ford Escape A Good Car by kingreign(m): 11:07pm On Sep 22, 2015
Fulaman198:

I think that the OP realises that some people in this thread are wishing him failure by recommending such an inferior product.
To even start with, the fabric upholstery and interior of my 2003 highlander still looks pristine as we are speaking, same applies to my rx330 charcoal black leather and dashboard. Everything is still as clean as I bought it. Engine steams with vapour in morning, gear changes are smooth, the shocks are still good (I used my highlander for lots of offloading and carrying of cement and site materials when I had site works after which I clean it thoroughly)
Compared to my Infiniti whose leather started to rip apart at the driver's seat bolster area, and the wooden cover of the cup holder in the centre on sole broke apart and had to be glued permanently.
Re: Is Ford Escape A Good Car by Fulaman198(m): 11:13pm On Sep 22, 2015
kingreign:

To even start with, the fabric upholstery and interior of my 2003 highlander still looks pristine as we are speaking, same applies to my rx330 charcoal black leather and dashboard. Everything is still as clean as I bought it. Engine steams with vapour in morning, gear changes are smooth, the shocks are still good (I used my highlander for lots of offloading and carrying of cement and site materials when I had site works after which I clean it thoroughly)
Compared to my Infiniti whose leather started to rip apart at the driver's seat bolster area, and the wooden cover of the cup holder in the centre on sole broke apart and had to be glued permanently.

I know, Toyota uses premium materials and their interiors stay intact for many years. An example is compare the leather interior of a Camry XLE/Lexus ES300 from 1993 to the leather interior of a 1993 Volvo 850. You will find that the Toyota interiors never wear and tear.

Only the people who drink Toyota Haterade would tell you that Toyotas utilise cheaper parts. If that is the case, why do their cars rank #1 in longevity and reliability. It's as if people don't use their brains, or the Toyota Haterade has gone to their already ossifying brains.
Re: Is Ford Escape A Good Car by sultaan(m): 1:44am On Sep 23, 2015
There is the number one car maker in the world then there is number two, three etc they all have competing models but not all of their models is number one in its category so if someone recommended the number two or four model in its category will you consider such recommendations evil or could it just be that it it what that individual likes.The best car in the world is not necessarily the best for every individual. I could tell OP to buy a Chevy Equinox which is more popular that the RAV4 now.

If OP can only afford the Escape but not the RAV4 why can't he buy one

3 Likes

Re: Is Ford Escape A Good Car by lewis23: 10:51am On Sep 24, 2015
My friend bought the new Ford Escape SUV last week, he say's its awesome experience. And it is very compact and all are remote controls. One of the main features is the standard backup camera and the interior of the car is spacious provided with the sensor detector.
Re: Is Ford Escape A Good Car by chucky234(m): 2:25pm On Sep 24, 2015
kingreign:

Broke and low income earners you mean?
Re: Is Ford Escape A Good Car by chucky234(m): 2:28pm On Sep 24, 2015
kingreign:

LMAO so aunty infested you with this Toyota mentality, Mike why na

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Cold Mornings, Expect Battery Failures. / Owning A Car Or Public Transport In Lagos, Which More Economical? / Are Nissan Cars Stronger Than Toyota Cars?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.