Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,847 members, 7,813,860 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:05 PM

I Spent Over N3m In Shooting Morile - Na Lie - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / I Spent Over N3m In Shooting Morile - Na Lie (2386 Views)

[VIDEO] Yemi Alade – Na Gode (swahili Version) / Pictures From Lynxxx's 'ifeoma' Video Shooting In South Africa / Man Confesses To Shooting Tupac In 1994 Man Confesses To Shooting Tupac In 1994 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Spent Over N3m In Shooting Morile - Na Lie by blacksta(m): 3:22pm On Apr 13, 2009
If given a hundred chances to guess the meaning of her new song, you will blow them all up just like I would have, before speaking with her. Bouqui Bukola Folayan is definitely determined to take contemporary gospel music as high up the ladder as she can.

Bouqui real name Bukola Folayan

advertisement
She dropped the song to great applause in the last quarter of last year, October to be precise, and it caused quite a great stir in the gospel circuits as to what exactly she meant to say in the chorus. Some helped to conclude that she simply needed a rhyme and that was why she came up with the not-so-clear tongue-twister for a chorus.

The real meaning of the hit track ‘Morile’ proves that the rapper is just as creative and witty as her hair styles are. From the ‘red-head’ break and now over to the 80s look, this singer is as daring and as bold.

The chorus done in Yoruba language talks of the massive earth and the splendour of its creator. According to the singer, it can be summarised in English as ‘O Lord, my God; when I in awesome wonder consider all the works thy hands have made- I say how great thou art’.

She came about the song while driving around a city outside London in the company of a friend. The city had many high rise buildings and somehow they began to play with rhymes on the features of the place and the result was the Morile chorus.

Incidentally she was to see her producer Skillz same day to continue her recording and she sang it to his hearing; that was the beginning of the making of the now popular song- Morile.

As a matter of recall, the rap diva had told us then in October 2008 that the details of an international deal was being consummated and she didn’t want any misrepresentation and so would rather not supply additional details to that which was already making the rounds.

Ask about the ‘foreign body’ she told us highjacked her in our last interview with her and she says ‘why do you people just keep going on about it?’

Updating the reports, Bouqui says ‘I’m not signed to any record label. I’m on my own label- Bouqui’s Place Entertainment. I’m however being managed by an artiste management company in the UK. What if I was talking about heavenly bodies then (on foreign body). Why can’t you just believe’; she laughed it off.

Well, she did shoot the video for Morile in London and it has really upscaled the song further. The elaborate and classic video was shot and directed by Skillz, of the JJC squad; the same who produced her new album.

The video was released on her birthday February 17 and it debuted across Nigerian television same day.

Since its debut, your votes have kept it on ‘Your Top 7 video’ charts and so we enquired of the making of the video.

“I’d always wanted something different. I thought I needed a new concept and I definitely knew I didn’t want to do set (make-believe stages).

After a show at the KICC church in London in December, I knew it was time to shoot. So we projected for the third week in January. I wrote a first script which my producer rejected saying it was not ‘fun’ enough because Morile is a happy song.

I was in a dream in the script and suddenly I became a superstar. Then people were rejoicing with me.
Bukola Folayan
It was a ‘fun’ dream but very ‘super starish’ which a lot of people may not be able to identify with.

So we dropped it. As for the second one which we eventually used, I was just in my room and Skillz called me over the phone to get on the internet to see a particular car- the Ferrari Limo. He screamed, ‘We’re using that car however we’re gonna get it’.

Since Easter 2007, Bouqui has been frequenting the United Kingdom, reason being that of her foreign deal and a new album whose waiting is now over.

The album, her second solo effort has being christened ‘Re-definition’ and is now ready. ‘The album is ready and should drop soon. I have it here mastered and marketers have been calling me’, she submitted.

The singer who’s breezed in and out of the country almost a dozen times since last Easter, has spent more times in the UK than in Nigeria in the last one year.   

And she did get the car and not just the car but even a bus. ‘The entire party scene was shot on a bus. It’s the same that Lil’ Wayne used in his Lolli Pop video.

That particular limo- the Ferrari Limo, is the only one in the entire world and its owned by two Italian brothers- actually their father. You should have seen the raucous it caused on the road, even oyinbos were running to take the picture of the car. My director had to be shouting “Get of the set, we’re trying to shoot a movie”’.

The singer had at a time - before the video was shot- hinted that she had a budget of ten thousand pounds for the video. Now did she overshoot that budget and by how much? ‘Don’t even go there.

I spent well over that amount. It cost me close to £15, 000, that’s like N3.5million’, she revealed.

What exactly is Bouqui trying to achieve by spending so much on shooting a video; especially when the gospel market in Nigeria does not appear very competitive in terms of video production? She says , ‘I want a video that can stand competition anywhere and at every level. The fact that it is gospel does not mean it should be second-class.

No way! In fact, the genre is the more reason it should be first class. I’m tired of seeing  boring gospel videos that without even hearing the lyrics, you can tell from the bad video quality that the song is Christian’, she finished off.
Re: I Spent Over N3m In Shooting Morile - Na Lie by blacksta(m): 3:23pm On Apr 13, 2009
Re: I Spent Over N3m In Shooting Morile - Na Lie by blacksta(m): 3:27pm On Apr 13, 2009
If this lady really spent 3.5 MIl on this video then this automatically equates to the biggest rip off of all times. There is nothing absolutely special about the video. Any good producer will have done the same for 3/4 of a million. Complete waste of money.
Re: I Spent Over N3m In Shooting Morile - Na Lie by asha80(m): 3:28pm On Apr 13, 2009
Can you post the video?
Re: I Spent Over N3m In Shooting Morile - Na Lie by blacksta(m): 3:30pm On Apr 13, 2009
Re: I Spent Over N3m In Shooting Morile - Na Lie by seemama: 3:37pm On Apr 13, 2009
i know how much this video cost but trust me only few peopole really say how much their video really cost but trust me the video cost far more cheaper than wot she mentioned,but i dont have beef with boqui so i wont say nothin, do ur thing bouqui but plz dnt lie again cuz i go vex
Re: I Spent Over N3m In Shooting Morile - Na Lie by pureminded: 6:55pm On Apr 13, 2009
That's jst a market stunt , all is to get good money from marketer, That's music business on the run! cool
Re: I Spent Over N3m In Shooting Morile - Na Lie by MrCrackles(m): 6:58pm On Apr 13, 2009
Bloody lie

Dat chick is a two faced liar!

3.5milli for that rubbish is an absolute cock-stain!
Re: I Spent Over N3m In Shooting Morile - Na Lie by blacksta(m): 7:59pm On Apr 13, 2009
pureminded:

That's jst a market stunt , all is to get good money from marketer, That's music business on the run! cool

The same chick that is praising God in the video is also liar
Re: I Spent Over N3m In Shooting Morile - Na Lie by dejiariyo: 8:14pm On Apr 13, 2009
well actually, i know jjc of jjc and 419 squad shot the video and actaully the video really cost around 6,500 pounds but i dont know if she did her calculations with the cost of the crew,her plight ticket and other expenises but i know the video actaully cost 6,500 pounds.

its was shot on red camera and anyone conversant with red will know its expensive.the same camera and crew (jjc aka skillz)was used for shooting olu maintain video (kamarkazee),justina omot 2 sexy and ragga remis burn dem video.

so dont jump into conclusion before u say one thing or the other, she mighthave her own calculations, she paid for her own project and she know how much its cost her
Re: I Spent Over N3m In Shooting Morile - Na Lie by Dotman01(m): 11:18pm On Apr 13, 2009
Plus d money for eating, clothes, accomodatn, nd tips for the police nd area boys abi? grin grin grin 3.5milli?
Re: I Spent Over N3m In Shooting Morile - Na Lie by blacksta(m): 8:08am On Apr 14, 2009
dejiariyo:

well actually, i know jjc of jjc and 419 squad shot the video and actaully the video really cost around 6,500 pounds but i dont know if she did her calculations with the cost of the crew,her plight ticket and other expenises but i know the video actaully cost 6,500 pounds.

its was shot on red camera and anyone conversant with red will know its expensive.the same camera and crew (jjc aka skillz)was used for shooting olu maintain video (kamarkazee),justina omot 2 sexy and ragga remis burn dem video.

so dont jump into conclusion before u say one thing or the other, she mighthave her own calculations, she paid for her own project and she know how much its cost her

Dear Friend

To hire a red camera - between 250 - 350 pounds per day or 1450 for the week = N86800 or N359600

6500 pounds sounds like a fair price
Re: I Spent Over N3m In Shooting Morile - Na Lie by pureminded: 10:18am On Apr 14, 2009
blacksta:

The same chick that is praising God in the video is also liar
I dont really understand your post , But well , the price of that video can never be up to 2m not to talk of 3m, She just have to increase the price to the public just to get good offers from promoters and marketers etc , Do you understand the bussiness? No more reason than that !
Re: I Spent Over N3m In Shooting Morile - Na Lie by ofokasibe: 11:46am On Apr 14, 2009
3.5 milla total waste of money ,, bouqui fell victim to video 419ners.lmfao plus the song is wack .
but the girl is cute small. at least her front is cute grin shocked
Re: I Spent Over N3m In Shooting Morile - Na Lie by sunnykiss(m): 5:02pm On Apr 15, 2009
;DHAHAHAHAH na who dem dey lie for so that is the cheapest Video i have every seen, so u wanna say u use 3M to fly to Uk that all abi, na BIG lie , Jor, HYPE
Re: I Spent Over N3m In Shooting Morile - Na Lie by Nobody: 6:24pm On Apr 15, 2009
Someone got scammed lipsrsealed
Re: I Spent Over N3m In Shooting Morile - Na Lie by Bamsyle(m): 6:25pm On Apr 15, 2009
Or someone's tryna scam . . .  either or . . . grin
Re: I Spent Over N3m In Shooting Morile - Na Lie by Nobody: 6:26pm On Apr 15, 2009
Bamsyle:

Or someone's tryna scam . . . grin
Lol that too cheesy
Re: I Spent Over N3m In Shooting Morile - Na Lie by Moonstone(f): 6:33pm On Apr 15, 2009
3.5 m what? Ah ahn - that video does not look it at all. I don't even think Mo' hits spend that much on one vid and those ones are wayyyyyyyyyyyy better than this video
Re: I Spent Over N3m In Shooting Morile - Na Lie by Bamsyle(m): 6:42pm On Apr 15, 2009
Are we talking about cowries shells here??
Re: I Spent Over N3m In Shooting Morile - Na Lie by Nobody: 6:44pm On Apr 15, 2009
Bamsyle:

YOU!

Re: I Spent Over N3m In Shooting Morile - Na Lie by Moonstone(f): 6:44pm On Apr 15, 2009
Bamsyle:

I won't be surprised. That video did NOT look like a 1.5 m naira video sef.
Inflation is not that bad now. . . except she made it in Zimbabwe.
Re: I Spent Over N3m In Shooting Morile - Na Lie by Nobody: 6:45pm On Apr 15, 2009
Moonstone:

I won't be surprised. That video did NOT look like a 1.5 m naira video sef.
Inflation is not that bad now. . . except she made it in Zimbabwe.
Both of you! Biko! Abi na your plan to give ibkaye heartattack? It will not work o! cheesy cheesy
Re: I Spent Over N3m In Shooting Morile - Na Lie by Moonstone(f): 6:47pm On Apr 15, 2009
ibkaye:

Both of you! Biko! Abi na your plan to give ibkaye heartattack? It will not work o! cheesy cheesy
Take it easy my dear. I don't want to have to explain myself to your uncle o! cheesy
Re: I Spent Over N3m In Shooting Morile - Na Lie by Nobody: 6:48pm On Apr 15, 2009
Moonstone:

Take it easy my dear. I don't want to have to explain myself to your uncle o! cheesy
Lmao, better! cheesy
Re: I Spent Over N3m In Shooting Morile - Na Lie by Bamsyle(m): 6:51pm On Apr 15, 2009
@Ibkaye/Moonstone

This lie could make the dumb speak . . . Bloody hell . . . I can hear the dead turning in their graves . . .
Re: I Spent Over N3m In Shooting Morile - Na Lie by Moonstone(f): 6:53pm On Apr 15, 2009
Bamsyle:

@Ibkaye/Moonstone

This lie could make the dumb speak . . . Bloody hell . . . I can hear the dead turning in their graves . . .
LMAO! You're so mean grin grin
She's gotta be telling the truth. She's a gospel artiste. I'd hate to think she's inflating the money for more support.
Re: I Spent Over N3m In Shooting Morile - Na Lie by Nobody: 6:53pm On Apr 15, 2009
Bamsyle:

@Ibkaye/Moonstone

Roflmao, there can be miracles cheesy
Re: I Spent Over N3m In Shooting Morile - Na Lie by Bamsyle(m): 6:58pm On Apr 15, 2009
Moonstone:

LMAO! You're so mean grin grin
She's gotta be telling the truth. She's a gospel artiste. I'd hate to think she's inflating the money for more support.

Yeah . . . letz be a lil' kind here . . . she's telling the gospel lie . . .

ibkaye:

Roflmao, there can be miracles cheesy

Must be a miracle . . . a visit to TB Joshua's church . . . and she's gonna steal the show.
Re: I Spent Over N3m In Shooting Morile - Na Lie by Shaz(f): 1:44am On Apr 16, 2009
Believe me, that video is worth £15k. . with all the crunching credit and credit-crunch. . lol
Allow it tho, the price is not all that exorbitant so yea, I can believe that.
Re: I Spent Over N3m In Shooting Morile - Na Lie by Moonstone(f): 1:46am On Apr 16, 2009
Bottomline - it's not that expensive. Why would she even disclose the price in the first place?
Re: I Spent Over N3m In Shooting Morile - Na Lie by Utali(m): 8:40pm On Apr 17, 2009
H Y P E = Showbiz

Say, do something that keeps you in the NEWS!! and eything will be fine

(1) (2) (Reply)

Music Video Producers In Nigeria / Durella Ft Terry G - My Life(remix) / Checkout The List Of Songs Reportedly Banned By NBC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.