Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,065 members, 7,810,967 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:43 PM

Is There Any Ignostic Atheist On This Forum? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is There Any Ignostic Atheist On This Forum? (4087 Views)

An Atheist On Judgment Day / 13 Interesting Ways To Become An Atheist On Nairaland / How To Be An Atheist On Nairaland. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is There Any Ignostic Atheist On This Forum? by Misanthrope: 9:21am On Sep 20, 2015
Identify yourselves.
Re: Is There Any Ignostic Atheist On This Forum? by menesheh(m): 9:28am On Sep 20, 2015
Nope.

we only gat some godless ape around the hood.
Re: Is There Any Ignostic Atheist On This Forum? by johnydon22(m): 10:22am On Sep 20, 2015
You mean Agnostic Atheist op..
Yes many of them actually, i am an agnostic atheist. .
Lmao. . Funny one menesheh
Re: Is There Any Ignostic Atheist On This Forum? by finofaya: 10:28am On Sep 20, 2015
Re: Is There Any Ignostic Atheist On This Forum? by Misanthrope: 11:00am On Sep 20, 2015
johnydon22:
You mean Agnostic Atheist op..
Yes many of them actually, i am an agnostic atheist. .
Lmao. . Funny one menesheh

No. Ignostics are quite different from Agnostics.
Check Wikipedia.
Re: Is There Any Ignostic Atheist On This Forum? by johnydon22(m): 11:03am On Sep 20, 2015
Misanthrope:

No. Ignostics are quite different from Agnostics.
Check Wikipedia.
Oh got it
Re: Is There Any Ignostic Atheist On This Forum? by McSterling(m): 11:31am On Sep 20, 2015
Ignosticism is the idea that the question of the
existence of God is meaningless, because the
term "god" has no unambiguous definition.

Ignosticism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ignosticism
Seems akin to apatheism.
Re: Is There Any Ignostic Atheist On This Forum? by onetrack(m): 11:32am On Sep 20, 2015
Not ignostic, rather agnostic atheist, even though every definition of god that I've seen appears to be impossible.
Re: Is There Any Ignostic Atheist On This Forum? by Misanthrope: 11:32am On Sep 20, 2015
McSterling:
Ignosticism is the idea that the question of the
existence of God is meaningless, because the
term "god" has no unambiguous definition.

Ignosticism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ignosticism

Seems akin to apatheism.

Yeap. Theological Non-cognitivism.
Re: Is There Any Ignostic Atheist On This Forum? by McSterling(m): 11:42am On Sep 20, 2015
Misanthrope:

Yeap. Theological Non-cognitivism.
It is this very supposed ambiguity of the definition of god that people like folykaze use to argue interminably and aimlessly. There is no agreed universal definition of the concept/entity called god since every man is free to define his god.
Re: Is There Any Ignostic Atheist On This Forum? by Misanthrope: 12:10pm On Sep 20, 2015
McSterling:
It is this very supposed ambiguity of the definition of god that people like folykaze use to argue interminably and aimlessly. There is no agreed universal definition of the concept/entity called god since every man is free to define his god.

I think the belief in God is psychological conditional induced by parents and society. I really feel sorry for believers, wasting their energy and passion on imaginary things.
Re: Is There Any Ignostic Atheist On This Forum? by FOLYKAZE(m): 1:11pm On Sep 20, 2015
McSterling:

Aimlessly because he does not fall into your line of thought huh?

Common bro, if you tell me that you disbelieve in the existence of Jehovah and Allah, I wont have problem with you. Though I understand most people that call themselves atheist on this forum are anti-theist. To simple put, they disbelieve in the existence of Jehovah and Allah. I dont have problem with this.

But if you tell us you disbelieve in God while you know the word God mean lot of things to different people, why dont you tell us which God you are referring to? If you tell us this, then I believe you can move on evaluting your proposition.

Christian will agrue they are theist but will draw a definate line to prove they are chirstians and not muslim. While cant atheist draw a line to pinpoint the God they disbelieve in?

There are Gods that exist out there. Telling me you dont believe in the existence of this Gods is simply insanity. You see I have problem even with a brother -macof because he refuse to define what he mean by God sometimes.

So sir, take your time to define what you mean by God. Or maybe we redefine atheism to something that have to do with Jehovah and Allah without any interference with existing God.

I am God in my spiritualism. I does exist. Disbeliving in my existence is simple MADNESS. Getrit?

1 Like

Re: Is There Any Ignostic Atheist On This Forum? by FOLYKAZE(m): 1:15pm On Sep 20, 2015
Misanthrope:

I think the belief in God is psychological conditional induced by parents and society. I really feel sorry for believers, wasting their energy and passion on imaginary things.

Errrrm

Those that believe in God are not wasting any energy or passion for imaginary beings. You know why? Ask the Hindi practising Yoga.

That for that.
Re: Is There Any Ignostic Atheist On This Forum? by macof(m): 2:08pm On Sep 20, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

Common bro, if you tell me that you disbelieve in the existence of Jehovah and Allah, I wont have problem with you. Though I understand most people that call themselves atheist on this forum are anti-theist. To simple put, they disbelieve in the existence of Jehovah and Allah. I dont have problem with this.

But if you tell us you disbelieve in God while you know the word God mean lot of things to different people, why dont you tell us which God you are referring to? If you tell us this, then I believe you can move on evaluting your proposition.

Christian will agrue they are theist but will draw a definate line to prove they are chirstians and not muslim. While cant atheist draw a line to pinpoint the God they disbelieve in?

There are Gods that exist out there. Telling me you dont believe in the existence of this Gods is simply insanity. You see I have problem even with a brother -macof because he refuse to define what he mean by God sometimes.

So sir, take your time to define what you mean by God. Or maybe we redefine atheism to something that have to do with Jehovah and Allah without any interference with existing God.

I am God in my spiritualism. I does exist. Disbeliving in my existence is simple MADNESS. Getrit?

Finofaya and I have defined the God. It's you who just want to keep arguing...its your way of passing out boredom

You already know "God" has different meaning to different people so When you see the comment you don't need to ask silly questions or waste people's time

3 Likes

Re: Is There Any Ignostic Atheist On This Forum? by FOLYKAZE(m): 2:37pm On Sep 20, 2015
macof:

Finofaya and I have defined the God. It's you who just want to keep arguing...its your way of passing out boredom

You already know "God" has different meaning to different people so When you see the comment you don't need to ask silly questions or waste people's time

You defined God you refered to on that said thread as Jehovah. You came out openly and drew the line. Finofaya did not define anything. Stop defending the boy.

You are pagan. Your believe in God and denial of others is very clear and understandable. Finofaya is an atheist who disbelieve in all Gods. Maybe until when we define atheism as disblieve in Jehovah and Allah or some particular Gods, then we can justify the word atheism.

Are atheists expected to look for Jehovah prove only? Nope because atheism is about all Gods and not Jehovah only. So the question comes in again. Why is he looking for evidence of Jehovah? Why not evidence of all God including Orishas?

Secondly, I already know God mean different thing to people so I shouldnt waste time. Are you in your right sense? How will I be able to identify the God a speaker is refering to if He/She cannot differentiate it from the million of Gods out there?
Re: Is There Any Ignostic Atheist On This Forum? by finofaya: 4:13pm On Sep 20, 2015
I suppose you are trying to bait me. Lol. You are no Diego Costa.

Please ask the OP which god he is ignostic to.
Re: Is There Any Ignostic Atheist On This Forum? by macof(m): 4:50pm On Sep 20, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

You defined God you refered to on that said thread as Jehovah. You came out openly and drew the line. Finofaya did not define anything. Stop defending the boy.

You are pagan. Your believe in God and denial of others is very clear and understandable. Finofaya is an atheist who disbelieve in all Gods. Maybe until when we define atheism as disblieve in Jehovah and Allah or some particular Gods, then we can justify the word atheism.

Are atheists expected to look for Jehovah prove only? Nope because atheism is about all Gods and not Jehovah only. So the question comes in again. Why is he looking for evidence of Jehovah? Why not evidence of all God including Orishas?

Secondly, I already know God mean different thing to people so I shouldnt waste time. Are you in your right sense? How will I be able to identify the God a speaker is refering to if He/She cannot differentiate it from the million of Gods out there?

Any atheist can come and start talking about You as a God or God as a concept, or God as the universe, or God as energy, or Gods as aliens but above all -atheists are known to be concerned with personal Gods - the type that sit on thrones somewhere in the sky and command humans, the same ones who make natural laws only to break the laws to perform "miracles"
So stop wasting people's time when you already know what they are after by their posts. Wat you should do is say you don't understand atheism and go study the notion. More so stop mentioning me into these type of discussion until you loose the confusion or could be abnormal desire for an argument. ..which ever one

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is There Any Ignostic Atheist On This Forum? by Misanthrope: 6:06pm On Sep 20, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

Errrrm

Those that believe in God are not wasting any energy or passion for imaginary beings. You know why? Ask the Hindi practising Yoga.

That for that.

I'm serious, different religions and their vague interpretation and understanding of existence....

There's no God and there is no reason to believe there is or might be one.
If you think I'm wrong then show me evidence.
Re: Is There Any Ignostic Atheist On This Forum? by FOLYKAZE(m): 6:07pm On Sep 20, 2015
macof:

Any atheist can come and start talking about You as a God or God as a concept, or God as the universe, or God as energy, or Gods as aliens but above all -atheists are known to be concerned with personal Gods - the type that sit on thrones somewhere in the sky and command humans, the same ones who make natural laws only to break the laws to perform "miracles"
So stop wasting people's time when you already know what they are after by their posts. Wat you should do is say you don't understand atheism and go study the notion. More so stop mentioning me into these type of discussion until you loose the confusion or could be abnormal desire for an argument. ..which ever one

Can you name one impersonal God? Pls here I am not refering to impersonal force but impersonal God. This will buttress the point that for anything to be god, it is already personal. God been personal or taking the form of person does not mean it is person. Personal God is figurative expression of a Force or entity. All God are personal but some forces been worship as sacred are not personal.

And now you are sounding like atheist advocate, are you in essense telling us atheism is disbleiving in personal God only and not God in the general sense? Do atheists believe in your so called "impersonal God"?

Oh you want to school me while you are the one that needs to start visiting lecture classes where you can learn more about atheism.

Atheism from the greek words a + theos meaning No God. (please this is different from Godlessness). Atheism is the opposite of theism.

To put it simply, theism is a belief in the existence of at least one god - nothing more, nothing less. Theism does not depend upon how many gods one believes in. Theism does not depend upon how the term 'god' is defined. Theism does not depend upon how one arrives at their belief. Theism does not depend upon how one defends their belief.

That theism only means "belief in a god" and nothing more can be difficult to understand at times because we don't normally encounter theism in such isolation. Instead, when we see theism, it is embedded in a web of other beliefs - often religious in nature - which color not only the theism itself but also our perception of that theism.

If my God is Consciousness, it is theism.

If my God is Mountain, it is theism

If my God is Nature, it is theism.

If my God is idea, it is theism

However, atheism which is opposite of theism is the denial, rejection and disbelieve in all these God existence.

Lying out here that atheism out here that atheism is disbelieve in personal God only wont bring you into some good book. You know? Lol
Re: Is There Any Ignostic Atheist On This Forum? by FOLYKAZE(m): 6:13pm On Sep 20, 2015
Misanthrope:

I'm serious, different religions and their vague interpretation and understanding of existence....

There's no God and there is no reason to believe there is or might be one.
If you think I'm wrong then show me evidence.

Firstly, you are evading the issue of wasting of energy and passion for imaginary beings by believers. I countered that falacy with Hinduism Yoga. You are knocked down there.

Secondly, Shakti does exist. The evidence of Sharti is everywhere

Brahman exist. His evidence is everywhere.

Ogun, Sango and other Gods does exist. There evidence are everywhere.

Sorry I will not bring Jehovah and Allah bullcrap to the table. If you dont know wha those Gods are, you can search about them and learn something instead of going round ignorantly saying God does not exist.
Re: Is There Any Ignostic Atheist On This Forum? by Misanthrope: 6:43pm On Sep 20, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

Firstly, you are evading the issue of wasting of energy and passion for imaginary beings by believers. I countered that falacy with Hinduism Yoga. You are knocked down there.

Secondly, Shakti does exist. The evidence of Sharti is everywhere

Brahman exist. His evidence is everywhere.

Ogun, Sango and other Gods does exist. There evidence are everywhere.

Sorry I will not bring Jehovah and Allah bullcrap to the table. If you dont know wha those Gods are, you can search about them and learn something instead of going round ignorantly saying God does not exist.

Sorry, but for something to be proven to exist, it has to physically quantified.
These so-called gods have not been detected by optical and microscopical observations, they only exist in the head of believers.

I've read about these gods you mentioned and, that's why I'm still surprised that people actually take their stories serious despite the illogical and improbable exaggerations about them in the holy books.

Provide me evidence, I'm not Agnostic, until I see evidence, you're talking nonsense when you mention the word God.
Re: Is There Any Ignostic Atheist On This Forum? by McSterling(m): 6:43pm On Sep 20, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

When atheists here attempt to define their concept of god, it is this same you who begins to ask asinine questions, cavil and argue about how they aren't truly atheists because they believe in natural entities you've termed god. Perhaps, to you, atheism means disbelief in every thing other people have chosen to call god, even when these things can be empirically observed and proven to exist. According to you everything can be defined as god: planetary bodies, stones, grapes, fishes, water, yourself etc. and every atheist must disbelieve in all of these together with other concepts of god in order to be in fact atheists, no?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is There Any Ignostic Atheist On This Forum? by FOLYKAZE(m): 6:50pm On Sep 20, 2015
McSterling:
When atheists here attempt to define their concept of god, it is this same you who begins to ask asinine questions, cavil and argue about how they aren't truly atheists because they believe in natural entities you've termed god. Perhaps, to you, atheism means disbelief in every thing other people have chosen to call god, even when these things can be empirically observed and proven to exist. According to you everything can be defined as god: planetary bodies, stones, grapes, fishes, water, yourself etc. and every atheist must disbelieve in all of these together with other concepts of god in order to be in fact atheists, no?

I think you need to follow my trend closely. Anything is not God until it is worshipped and have dominion.

Those that worship Ra (sun) are not different in anyway from those that worship the statues of Mother Mary. Those that worship Bull are not different from those that worship Allah. One important thing that connote all these worshippers is that what they worship are been termed as God. No?

Therefore my position is that everything is not God but atheism is disbelieve in everything that is called God.
Re: Is There Any Ignostic Atheist On This Forum? by FOLYKAZE(m): 6:52pm On Sep 20, 2015
Misanthrope:

Sorry, but for something to be proven to exist, it has to physically quantified.
These so-called gods have not been detected by optical and microscopical observations, they only exist in the head of believers.

I've read about these gods you mentioned and, that's why I'm still surprised that people actually take their stories serious despite the illogical and improbable exaggerations about them in the holy books.

Provide me evidence, I'm not Agnostic, until I see evidence, you're talking nonsense when you mention the word God.

Shakti is pure energy. She is worship in Shaktism.

What evidence are looking for in shakti? Dont you know where to get energy if you need one?

I told you to do some small research.
Re: Is There Any Ignostic Atheist On This Forum? by FOLYKAZE(m): 7:09pm On Sep 20, 2015
finofaya:
I suppose you are trying to bait me. Lol. You are no Diego Costa.

Please ask the OP which god he is ignostic to.

Bait? grin grin grin

Ignosticism no definite position. The word is from ignorance. They most importantly ask you back what you mean by God
Re: Is There Any Ignostic Atheist On This Forum? by McSterling(m): 7:11pm On Sep 20, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

I think you need to follow my trend closely. Anything is not God until it is worshipped and have dominion.

Those that worship Ra (sun) are not different in anyway from those that worship the statues of Mother Mary. Those that worship Bull are not different from those that worship Allah. One important thing that connote all these worshippers is that what they worship are been termed as God. No?

Therefore my position is that everything is not God but atheism is disbelieve in everything that is called God.
So, when a piece of obsidian is worshipped as god by some, then I, a geologist who also claims to be atheist must disbelieve in the existence of obsidian to in fact be an atheist My atheism is now contingent on what some decide to worship as god. Does that even make any sense?

No sir, atheism isn't disbelief in anything called god. Obviously, there is an exception when the thing called god is provable. Provable things aren't what the atheist refers to as god.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is There Any Ignostic Atheist On This Forum? by FOLYKAZE(m): 7:16pm On Sep 20, 2015
McSterling:
So, when a piece of obsidian is worshipped as god by some, then I, a geologist who also claims to be atheist must disbelieve in the existence of obsidian to in fact be an atheist My atheism is now contingent on what some decide to worship as god. Does that even make any sense?

i think you now see reason why I said atheism equivalent to insanity which bark round the God.

The Gods we have around does exist. They are either existing as force, natural entity, reality or Idea.

A very good example of a Goddess which exist is Iustitia. She is a roman Goddess of Law and Justice. She is the figure you see in Court room wearing a flowing gown, blindfolded face with a sword and scale on both hands. Iustitia is goddess which represent Law, Equity and Justice in every society. Telling us Iustitia does not exist simply mean Law and Justice is not in a state. I thin you now see how warp atheist argument is?

On the other round, the Sun, Venus, Mercury, Earth (Gaia), Mars, to Pluto are God of the ancients day which those people in the days worship. Telling us you dont believe in the Gods listed above mean you are sick in the head because they really exist.

McSterling:
No sir, atheism isn't disbelief in anything called god. Obviously, there is an exception when the thing called god is provable. Provable things aren't what the atheist refers to as god.

grin grin grin

Oh, there are Gods which existence can be proved?

On a lighter note, there is no God anywhere except that which is called God. God is simply a title or tag given to something. That thing which takes the title God exist.

In yoruba spiritulism, I am God. My Consciousness is God. The kings are like God. We all exist.

Now atheism which is disbelieve in the existence of God when meter to Yoruba spirituality mean I, my consciousness and Oni of Ife do not exist. Insanity right?

You know what? Atheism is nothing but noises of people that cannot justify religious belief. Disbelieve in the existence of God is insanity. Psalm 14:1 comes in here.
Re: Is There Any Ignostic Atheist On This Forum? by Misanthrope: 7:18pm On Sep 20, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

Shakti is pure energy. She is worship in Shaktism.

What evidence are looking for in shakti? Dont you know where to get energy if you need one?

I told you to do some small research.

So you mean she's the energy behind Servomechanism or Hydraulics? Lol.... I give up.
Re: Is There Any Ignostic Atheist On This Forum? by McSterling(m): 7:52pm On Sep 20, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

grin grin grin

Make u chop abeg
For your mind this your yeye aimless recurring argument is an invincible argument against atheism, abi? Keep wallowing in your delusion, you hear? Kontunu
Re: Is There Any Ignostic Atheist On This Forum? by FOLYKAZE(m): 7:57pm On Sep 20, 2015
McSterling:
For your mind this your yeye aimless recurring argument is an invincible argument against atheism, abi? Keep wallowing in your delusion, you hear? Kontunu

You disbelieve in God. What is God? Mind defining it for us?

I meant to type I won go chop. Na the phone dey write yeye thing.
Re: Is There Any Ignostic Atheist On This Forum? by FOLYKAZE(m): 8:02pm On Sep 20, 2015
Misanthrope:

So you mean she's the energy behind Servomechanism or Hydraulics? Lol.... I give up.

Yes she is.

Almighty Ra lives so that you can b alive. Ra simply is Sun.

You can give up but that doesnt change the fact that Shakti is Energy.
Re: Is There Any Ignostic Atheist On This Forum? by finofaya: 10:08pm On Sep 20, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

Bait? grin grin grin

Ignosticism no definite position. The word is from ignorance. They most importantly ask you back what you mean by God

grin

But they must have some particular god in mind sir. Ask then which "god" they are referring to when they say that the term "god" is meaningless. I'm sure the gallery in a theatre is not meaningless.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Often Do You Evangelise? / Pray For Israel! / Pilgrims, Did Jesus Read The Bible?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.