Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,717 members, 7,824,035 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:58 PM

Again, The CCT Orders The Arrest Of Bukola Saraki - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Again, The CCT Orders The Arrest Of Bukola Saraki (50079 Views)

Saraki's Lawyer Disrupting Trial At The CCT Today (Video) / Throwback Pictures Of Tinubu At The CCT Trials / Throwback Picture Of Bukola Saraki And His Father In 1960s (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Again, The CCT Orders The Arrest Of Bukola Saraki by adanny01(m): 2:21pm On Sep 21, 2015
baralatie:

the case is already complicated.the cct made it complicated and I don't see the cct continuing this case.

Under what law can the cct be stopped from performing constitutional duties.

It is attorney general's office that filed the case o. Unless they withdraw it, this case will continue and Saraki will either hide or show.

1 Like

Re: Again, The CCT Orders The Arrest Of Bukola Saraki by dearie(m): 2:22pm On Sep 21, 2015
Delafruita:
what is this one saying?law isn't about common sense,its about the spirits and letters of the constitution.saraki's lawyers erred ab ibitio by going to the high court to seek an injunction against a tribunal of coordinate jurisdiction .next they erred by failing to produce their client in court leaving the justice to issue a warrant for his arrest.I don't see how the tribunal has erred but since you do,please educate us

The CCT is an inferior court to the Federal High Court. The CJN will soon make a reinstatement of the law and the CCT will be called to order in order for the judiciary not to be upturned over this issue.
Re: Again, The CCT Orders The Arrest Of Bukola Saraki by ERAKAMUS: 2:22pm On Sep 21, 2015
porka:

[size=14pt]
A tool to program the minds of his slaves.[/size]
I wonder why people will be watching that Channel and expect Credible News
Re: Again, The CCT Orders The Arrest Of Bukola Saraki by sayemma: 2:22pm On Sep 21, 2015
Appeals are not served on Nairaland if the copy of appeal is not given to the CCT. It had no effect or have you seen the appeal documents?

kunzaar83:
Sarak's arrest has been cancelled by Appeal court Appeal Court Stops Saraki's Arrest https://www.nairaland.com/2614558/appeal-court-stops-sarakis-arre

2 Likes

Re: Again, The CCT Orders The Arrest Of Bukola Saraki by Delafruita(m): 2:23pm On Sep 21, 2015
baralatie:

on the contrary the CCT erred big time!
i suppose you want us to beg you to enlighten us on how the CCT erred abi
Re: Again, The CCT Orders The Arrest Of Bukola Saraki by dougivilla(m): 2:23pm On Sep 21, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
I'm in support of #SarakiMustBeProsecuted
I think the government of the day is not going about it the right way. Why the rush? Remember that the law was not made with any individual in mind. Its interpretation should also not be personalised.

Whichever way the pendulum swings, the outcome of this case will remain a reference point and case study for a long time to come. It is Saraki today, ...... but tomorrow is pregnant.

I just hope that by the end we will not be trying to resolve the judicial and by extension constitutional crisis that might have been born from the recklessness of our lawyers. By now, at least one or two lawyers should be in jail for their roles in the ongoing fiasco.

There is a silent but obvious superiority contest between the executive, judiciary and legislative. If not properly handled at least one of these arms of government will loose a foothold with respect to checks and balances. That is what I believe we should be bothered about, not whether saraki is crucified or buried alive.

Long live the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Again, The CCT Orders The Arrest Of Bukola Saraki by Hero10001: 2:24pm On Sep 21, 2015
dekaz:
PLS TELL THEM , NOTHING DEY HAPPEN
Seconded! Nothing go happen. Kettle calling pot black! #APCBunchOfThieves.
Re: Again, The CCT Orders The Arrest Of Bukola Saraki by baralatie(m): 2:25pm On Sep 21, 2015
Delafruita:
i suppose you want us to beg you to enlighten us on how the CCT erred abi
let us see how it works out!
there are eyes on this forum!

1 Like

Re: Again, The CCT Orders The Arrest Of Bukola Saraki by Faraidi(m): 2:26pm On Sep 21, 2015
OkutaNla:

Choi! Saraki, see your life? By force by fire, you must appear tomorrow o. I don't see him appearing unless he's arrested, even his lawyer can't vouch for him again grin. What's so difficult in appearing for pete's sake? ? What a sad shame.
He must not appear.nothing will happen
Re: Again, The CCT Orders The Arrest Of Bukola Saraki by mart2k(m): 2:27pm On Sep 21, 2015
kaycid77:
I tot they were supposed to arrest him today grin grin...
Nigeria is a ZOO
and u ar an ANIMAL in d ZOO. C ur life

1 Like

Re: Again, The CCT Orders The Arrest Of Bukola Saraki by Delafruita(m): 2:27pm On Sep 21, 2015
dearie:

The CCT is an inferior court to the Federal High Court. The CJN will soon make a reinstatement of the law and the CCT will be called to order in order for the judiciary not to be upturned over this issue.
the CCT is an inferior court but it's tribunal chairman must be of equal rank to a judge of a superior court or even higher?where do they get you people from?appeals borne out of the tribunal's rulings go straight to the court of appeal but it is still an inferior court.the tribunal chairman can only be removed by 2/3 of the national assembly but it is still an inferior court.seems you people are just been deliberately mischievious.nobody can continously portray silliness and pettiness for this long.this has to be an act

7 Likes

Re: Again, The CCT Orders The Arrest Of Bukola Saraki by rusher14: 2:28pm On Sep 21, 2015
chuna1985:

Sariki won't ooo. Who quits as Senate president.

Buhari already knows that he can't quit, he plans to keep fighting him because no Senate president means no minister appointment.

Nice hypotheses. Unfortunately, the acid test would have been for Saraki to vacate the seat with a new Senate President installed.

Without this confirmatory trial, I'm afraid it's all conjecture.
Re: Again, The CCT Orders The Arrest Of Bukola Saraki by Delafruita(m): 2:30pm On Sep 21, 2015
baralatie:

let us see how it works out!
there are eyes on this forum!
ignorant people like to beat their chest but rarely have any tangible thing to say.tell us how tribunal erred,you changed topic.you people need help

1 Like

Re: Again, The CCT Orders The Arrest Of Bukola Saraki by adanny01(m): 2:31pm On Sep 21, 2015
dearie:

So wrong.

The cct is a special purpose court for code of conduct cases. Rulling of the cct is appealed in the appeal court. In this case only 3 courts are valid, CCT, Appeal court and supreme court. High Court has no business with this case to have meddled into it.

You should find a copy of the constitution and educate your self.

3 Likes

Re: Again, The CCT Orders The Arrest Of Bukola Saraki by mart2k(m): 2:32pm On Sep 21, 2015
kaycid77:

Nothing like that gonna happen.... a sitting SP, not In Nigeria, unless we have killed all the Political Lawyers (minus my wife) tongue
The CCT chairman is even in trouble, In Nigerian Judiciary he is a small boy, they will teach him a lesson if not now when Buhari leaves
Na, na,na, na, ur wife should b included. She is a political lawyer too(LOL)
Re: Again, The CCT Orders The Arrest Of Bukola Saraki by gbengus17: 2:32pm On Sep 21, 2015
PRISON WARDERS ARE WAITING THE ARRIVAL OF A VIP SOONEST. USE OF HANDSET IS 10K PER DAY.(big money for some officers selling recharge cards) HOSPITAL BED IS 20K PER DAY WITHIN THE PRISON YARD=== PLANNED OUTSIDE HOSPITAL/CLINIC WITH 2 OFFICERS ATTACHED ON 24HRS GUARD IS BETWEEN 30 -- 50K PER DAY. TO SLEEP WITH A WOMAN IN THE CLINIC ADD 30K PER DAY. NIGERIA PRISON YARD WILL SOON BE THE NEXT SECRET KUWAIT AND MANY OFFICERS WILL START LOBBYING FOR POSTING TO YARD ======SAY BUHARI.

1 Like

Re: Again, The CCT Orders The Arrest Of Bukola Saraki by Darayola(m): 2:32pm On Sep 21, 2015
dearie:

The cct is a superior court. Of equal level with the federal high court.

2 Likes

Re: Again, The CCT Orders The Arrest Of Bukola Saraki by Lakeland4321: 2:34pm On Sep 21, 2015
chymystique:
This is a proof that in Nigeria the laws are made for the poor masses only... Uselesszoo Country undecided
My dear, i agree with you. All this fiasco just to arrest one person!
Re: Again, The CCT Orders The Arrest Of Bukola Saraki by Politicalguru(m): 2:35pm On Sep 21, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
FAKE news

Then do the needful and delete it.

1 Like

Re: Again, The CCT Orders The Arrest Of Bukola Saraki by agabusta: 2:35pm On Sep 21, 2015
dearie:

The CJN unilaterally cannot make such pronouncement. It is the Supreme Court that has such perogative as to final interpretation of the Constitution.
Re: Again, The CCT Orders The Arrest Of Bukola Saraki by BCISLTD: 2:36pm On Sep 21, 2015
CharlesPhc:
PMB persecuting Saraki for a crime committed 8 years ago while dinning with Amaechi for a crime committed 3 months ago...!!!
What hypocrisy…!!!

Saraki's case shows the failure of the CCB. How come it took them 8 years to detect an offense, a crime or fraud?

I wonder how long they would have to wait to also verify the out gone governors asset declaration details to know who erred and who didn't...!!!

The time frame shouldn't matter as long as it is within the statue of limitation

What should matter is that they have a air proof case

1 Like

Re: Again, The CCT Orders The Arrest Of Bukola Saraki by kinibigdeal(m): 2:38pm On Sep 21, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
If Solomon Arase refuse to effect the order, he should be charged for contempt and be prosecuted.

We are not in a military rule
Re: Again, The CCT Orders The Arrest Of Bukola Saraki by adanny01(m): 2:39pm On Sep 21, 2015
Darayola:

The cct is a superior court. Of equal level with the federal high court.

I don't think its superior but equal level. Their jurisdiction don't just parallel.
Re: Again, The CCT Orders The Arrest Of Bukola Saraki by alexhunt1: 2:39pm On Sep 21, 2015
Let us stop all this deceit. Arrest saraki ?.Over what?. Did he steal ?.
All this are calculated attempt to stop saraki from screening buhari ministerial list. Even if you remove Saraki, Ekwerenmadu is there
Re: Again, The CCT Orders The Arrest Of Bukola Saraki by Hero10001: 2:40pm On Sep 21, 2015
dougivilla:
I think the government of the day is not going about it the right way. Why the rush? Remember that the law was not made with any individual in mind. Its interpretation should also not be personalised. Whichever way the pendulum swings, the outcome of this case will remain a reference point and case study for a long time to come. It is Saraki today, tomorrow is pregnant. I just hope that by the end we will not be trying to resolve the judicial and by extension constitutional crisis might have been born from the recklessness of our lawyers. By now, at least one or two lawyers should be in jail for their roles in the ongoing fiasco. The executive, judiciary and legislative are all involved in this case. If not properly handled
Well said bro,
buhari talking from both sides of his mouth; " i will arrest corruption".
Gov.Fayose slamed him to shut the gutter and act, with over 100 days in office, no cabinet and the people that milked Nigeria dry are still walking free while the poor-old daura cow and the legendary Tinubu were on a rush-hour revenge mission to skin saraki.
Saraki should be on a long queue of corrupt politians lists.
As a Pdp SP, APC never wanted him to sign em corrupt members death warrant.
Shame on APCists.
Re: Again, The CCT Orders The Arrest Of Bukola Saraki by mrjangaweed: 2:40pm On Sep 21, 2015
Re: Again, The CCT Orders The Arrest Of Bukola Saraki by Lakeland4321: 2:41pm On Sep 21, 2015
chuna1985:

I think buhari is trying to use all this brouhaha to achieve not appointing a cabinet. Thus continuing his rule as a sole dictator.
He wants ti but just want it to be saraki presiding over his nominees
Re: Again, The CCT Orders The Arrest Of Bukola Saraki by baralatie(m): 2:41pm On Sep 21, 2015
Delafruita:
ignorant people like to beat their chest but rarely have any tangible thing to say.tell us how tribunal erred,you changed topic.you people need help
how do you fuel if I tell you that there is an big chance that the CCTV can strike out this case!
Re: Again, The CCT Orders The Arrest Of Bukola Saraki by TonyeBarcanista(m): 2:43pm On Sep 21, 2015
With time you will understand
Hero10001:

Is this the Barcarnista i used to know or an impostor?!
Cos it seems the person behind this moniker is myopic and under-informed.
Not like the pragmatic, objective and intelligent "Barcanister" i loved.

1 Like

Re: Again, The CCT Orders The Arrest Of Bukola Saraki by marv1: 2:44pm On Sep 21, 2015
CharlesPhc:
PMB persecuting Saraki for a crime committed 8 years ago while dinning with Amaechi for a crime committed 3 months ago...!!!
What hypocrisy…!!!

Saraki's case shows the failure of the CCB. How come it took them 8 years to detect an offense, a crime or fraud?

I wonder how long they would have to wait to also verify the out gone governors asset declaration details to know who erred and who didn't...!!!
STOP talking thrash. How come former america president Clinton of sexual immorality with monica L. years b4 he came into office now surfaced when he was in office. In life or politics ur sins with definately find u out. Its just a matter of time. 3mths, 1yr, 2yrs,10yrs or more.

2 Likes

Re: Again, The CCT Orders The Arrest Of Bukola Saraki by PenSniper: 2:45pm On Sep 21, 2015
OkutaNla:

Choi! Saraki, see your life? By force by fire, you must appear tomorrow o. I don't see him appearing unless he's arrested, even his lawyer can't vouch for him again grin. What's so difficult in appearing for pete's sake? ? What a sad shame.

Its the shame of guilt, arrogance and pomposity.

1 Like

Re: Again, The CCT Orders The Arrest Of Bukola Saraki by johnpalmer774(m): 2:46pm On Sep 21, 2015
BabaNath:
There's some sort of confusion here. It appears that the court of appeal has restrained the Police and other security agencies from arresting saraki, the CCT Chairman still went ahead to order his arrest. Which will the Police react to? Lawyers in the house please help.

Here is my Little understanding , Appear Court only said he should not be arrested but does not stop him from appearing at CCT to defend himself , so any in this Situation that Saraki has refused to appear at CCB to defend himself i guess Appeal court hand will be tight because as it stand now no other is stopping Saraki from appearing he only got other not to be arrested and the Chairman of CCB has already made a point that Saraki can not sit in his chamber while his trial is ongoing so i figure he might be arrested if he fail to show up tomorrow at CCB.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Dino Melaye's Mercedes Vintage Cars Spotted In Abuja. See Photos / APC Rejects Saraki, Dogara As Senate President, Speaker / "Nnamdi Kanu May Have Died" MASSOB Faction Claims - Vanguard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.