Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,090 members, 7,863,810 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 07:01 AM

Lessons From My Marriage - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Lessons From My Marriage (877 Views)

One Night From Twelve Years Ago Is Now Tearing My Marriage Apart / Should I Cancel My Marriage Plans? / How To Permanently Stop Masturbation (lessons From An Ex-chronic Masturbator) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lessons From My Marriage by Talk2SeaL: 8:38am On Sep 22, 2015
I lived a very religious life in campus, and was not in any relationship at all. After school , I met this young handsome guy in 2006. Sincerely, I felt I didn’t not merit him because he is very handsome, while I am on the average beauty wise. The only thing that attracted me to him was the look. He was an hustler and lived a low income life. Throughout our courtship of 18months, He never gave me a dime. I came from a financially buoyant famiy, I therefore saw no need in asking him for anything, rather I was feeding him with three square meal. We got wedded in the year 2007, and I gave him the flower of my womanhood (virginity) but I was not really excited for just no reason.
My husband is a caring man, but nags a lot. He nags about the way I handle bathing soap, the way you arrange plates in kitchen, virtually everything. I most often skip for fear each time he wants to talk because I believe he wants to complain again.
I got a job before he did, but one thing I discover is that my husband spends his money without thinking about tomorrow and always depend on my salary to survive the family. In 2008, I gave birth to a set of triplet, and had to quit work to nurse my angels. He was very supportive then. He provided for all our needs and life was good. In 2012, my husband lost his job, I had to take over the family expenses again. I was running a masters degree program, doing many businesses, and still raising kids. I travelled every week in a bid to keep the family running. Each time, I complain about the stress I was passing through, he tells me I am lazy, that many women do more to sustain their families.
This is 2015, my husband prefers to allow me or my dad to pay the children tuition fee than for him to hustle. I am 100% responsible for the family upkeep. Every biz you introduce to my husband is downgrading to him. I am currently on my PHd degree, I am nursing a set of triplet, and still work hard to survive my family.
It is now that I realize that I married my husband because of his handsomeness, and that he is mentally very shallow. My husband thinks like a child and has virtually no plan for his family.
My simple advice for intending wives is this, looks (handsomeness or beauty) alone is not enough to choose a husband, marry a man that has great vision for his life, not the one that you will keep on dragging up.
Secondly, I believe my husband puts all the family responsibility on me because I was the one feeding him when we were dating. Please, let your guy know from day one that you need to be adored and taken care of like a beautiful flower.
To married men and women there, did you make some mistakes when choosing? Pls share with intending husbands and wives to help them make informed decision
Re: Lessons From My Marriage by donholy28(m): 8:47am On Sep 22, 2015
So op married a guy...wow! but nice post sha
Re: Lessons From My Marriage by Terry68: 8:54am On Sep 22, 2015
If mistakes are not made, we can not learn.

You saw fine boy and decided to pounce on him to subdue your friends. Now your facing the secret crime alone. Okay!

Enjoy your mistakes. Without it the world won't be a better place.

My own mistakes recently, I have been giving out ladies with characters I dream my wife should posses to my male friends as wife. On which they tell me how beautiful their marriage is going, now I want to marry but difficult to see people like them again.

Everyone has/will have a mistake. But they all happen for a reason.
Re: Lessons From My Marriage by jmoore(m): 8:55am On Sep 22, 2015
Gay alert!!!!

Re: Lessons From My Marriage by JayKaba(m): 9:20am On Sep 22, 2015
Interesting. So what do you intend to do in your own case ? also, what would you advise any lady in similar circumstance to do ?
Re: Lessons From My Marriage by misspicy(f): 9:28am On Sep 22, 2015
The way you want a guy to treat you in marriage should be shown to him before marriage.
Re: Lessons From My Marriage by Imoy(m): 9:33am On Sep 22, 2015
I saw dis sh*t bfre. Op were u copy am from?
Re: Lessons From My Marriage by Soteriahascome: 9:36am On Sep 22, 2015
@Op Change is constant, and you can effect it on your hubby. Make him go close to God. Make him love God. Pray and study God's word with him And pray over it. Discuss with him the importance of humility. I have a similar case. pride is tormenting him. Remain blessed.
Re: Lessons From My Marriage by Nobody: 12:00pm On Sep 22, 2015
Talk2SeaL:
I lived a very religious life in campus, and was not in any relationship at all. After school , I met this young handsome guy in 2006. Sincerely, I felt I didn’t not merit him because he is very handsome, while I am on the average beauty wise. The only thing that attracted me to him was the look. He was an hustler and lived a low income life. Throughout our courtship of 18months, He never gave me a dime. I came from a financially buoyant famiy, I therefore saw no need in asking him for anything, rather I was feeding him with three square meal. We got wedded in the year 2007, and I gave him the flower of my womanhood (virginity) but I was not really excited for just no reason.
My husband is a caring man, but nags a lot. He nags about the way I handle bathing soap, the way you arrange plates in kitchen, virtually everything. I most often skip for fear each time he wants to talk because I believe he wants to complain again.
I got a job before he did, but one thing I discover is that my husband spends his money without thinking about tomorrow and always depend on my salary to survive the family. In 2008, I gave birth to a set of triplet, and had to quit work to nurse my angels. He was very supportive then. He provided for all our needs and life was good. In 2012, my husband lost his job, I had to take over the family expenses again. I was running a masters degree program, doing many businesses, and still raising kids. I travelled every week in a bid to keep the family running. Each time, I complain about the stress I was passing through, he tells me I am lazy, that many women do more to sustain their families.
This is 2015, my husband prefers to allow me or my dad to pay the children tuition fee than for him to hustle. I am 100% responsible for the family upkeep. Every biz you introduce to my husband is downgrading to him. I am currently on my PHd degree, I am nursing a set of triplet, and still work hard to survive my family.
It is now that I realize that I married my husband because of his handsomeness, and that he is mentally very shallow. My husband thinks like a child and has virtually no plan for his family.
My simple advice for intending wives is this, looks (handsomeness or beauty) alone is not enough to choose a husband, marry a man that has great vision for his life, not the one that you will keep on dragging up.
Secondly, I believe my husband puts all the family responsibility on me because I was the one feeding him when we were dating. Please, let your guy know from day one that you need to be adored and taken care of like a beautiful flower.
To married men and women there, did you make some mistakes when choosing? Pls share with intending husbands and wives to help them make informed decision
e don make fb 3days ago b4 u copy am

(1) (Reply)

A Fire Is Burning Between My Legs :-/ / Tell Your Partner These 10 Things For A Relationship Built To Last / The Love Story Of A Unilag Babe And Bus Conductor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.