Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,137 members, 7,860,085 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 04:21 AM

Nigeria To Celebrate Oct 1 With 70 Million Naira Only - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria To Celebrate Oct 1 With 70 Million Naira Only (46376 Views)

"I Heard The Audio Inciting Northerners To Slaughter Igbos On Oct 1" – FFK / Nigeria Imports 70 Million Generators / 70 Million Independence Budget -How Much Is AIT,NTA, Channel Fees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria To Celebrate Oct 1 With 70 Million Naira Only by ajalaolanr(m): 4:49pm On Sep 22, 2015
Previous Govt. Spent Billions for this same event.
Re: Nigeria To Celebrate Oct 1 With 70 Million Naira Only by tonychristopher: 4:50pm On Sep 22, 2015
What is wrong with Nigeria ..I was thinking that this old dude will be frugal but he has turned prodigal

Such a shame and mind you 70million will build 10 modern farms in Nigeria and with 70 million you can build acres of ranch to curtail fulani excesses

Now that I have known that wisdom has nothing to do with age

Common sense aint common anyway

70 million

What a shame
Re: Nigeria To Celebrate Oct 1 With 70 Million Naira Only by henryuzor(m): 4:51pm On Sep 22, 2015
tiwiex:

Nothing nice about his tight fistedness. When a country is in recession, u need to find ways to stimulate through spending. He needs an economist seriously. He will strangle the economy.
Mumu.....u go school at all sef?
Re: Nigeria To Celebrate Oct 1 With 70 Million Naira Only by geefasee: 4:51pm On Sep 22, 2015
how much did obj use
Re: Nigeria To Celebrate Oct 1 With 70 Million Naira Only by rob43856(m): 4:58pm On Sep 22, 2015
finally i think nigeria has somebody who truly have the country at heart
Re: Nigeria To Celebrate Oct 1 With 70 Million Naira Only by melakes(m): 5:00pm On Sep 22, 2015
haters will never cease to hate. who has 4gotten ds nairaland thread back in 2010?

www.nairaland.com/463924/breakdown-10-billion-independence-celebration

Buhari can only try, he can't win them all.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria To Celebrate Oct 1 With 70 Million Naira Only by Thewritestuff(f): 5:04pm On Sep 22, 2015
melakes:
haters will never cease to hate. who has 4gotten ds nairaland thread back in 2010?

www.nairaland.com/463924/breakdown-10-billion-independence-celebration

Buhari can only try, he can't win them all.

Was actually trying to dig up that post. Haters are the quickest to forget.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Celebrate Oct 1 With 70 Million Naira Only by Nobody: 5:07pm On Sep 22, 2015
honeywealth75:

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/09/buhari-reluctantly-approves-n70m-for-independence-celebrations/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter

Propaganda... lol...
Ee for no celebrate am at all nau. 70 million is too much jor.
Some gullible ones will be clapping by now.... lol grin
Re: Nigeria To Celebrate Oct 1 With 70 Million Naira Only by jt2damoney(m): 5:11pm On Sep 22, 2015
ok good

Meanwhile,get $20 immediately you register.its real and easy.Use the link on my signature to start earning
Re: Nigeria To Celebrate Oct 1 With 70 Million Naira Only by Yomi888: 5:11pm On Sep 22, 2015
This is nice.
Re: Nigeria To Celebrate Oct 1 With 70 Million Naira Only by Nobody: 5:13pm On Sep 22, 2015
mrmetoo1:

How about you stimulate it by building infrastructures, paying salaries, opening up credit lines for small businesses, etc not on a single day celebration.

the most sensible comment here.

pleas teach that guy what stimulation really means. no be one day party!!!
Re: Nigeria To Celebrate Oct 1 With 70 Million Naira Only by adekeyetae: 5:17pm On Sep 22, 2015
My God...Reading this gave me goosebumps cry embarassed cry, miscellaneous 105millon shocked shocked shocked
NgeneUkwenu:
This is the breakdown of what Jonathan Spent in 2010 Independence anniversary:

Nigerians, Now Judge for yourselves! cry cry

My God! Allah! We Thank You For The Gift of This Man Below, On "isiagu" attire, called Muhammadu Ozoigbondu Buhari!

God Bless Us All!
Re: Nigeria To Celebrate Oct 1 With 70 Million Naira Only by pazienza(m): 5:19pm On Sep 22, 2015
Waste of money. What exactly is there to celebrate about Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Celebrate Oct 1 With 70 Million Naira Only by Brooklynsouth(f): 5:20pm On Sep 22, 2015
Pls where did Naira billions rain more GEJ or OBJ pls why are these baboons and monkeys singling out jona admin nawa oooooo power sector 50billion in obj tenure y is no one talking about it yoruba ll not see that if na jonah una go shine eyes like EFCC
Re: Nigeria To Celebrate Oct 1 With 70 Million Naira Only by bashydemy(m): 5:35pm On Sep 22, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
So these four events will gulp N70million?who is the government trying to deceive?
Go and ask your paymaster GEJ who he deceive with the billions he spend in last year celebration

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Celebrate Oct 1 With 70 Million Naira Only by 989900: 5:43pm On Sep 22, 2015
TolaOluwatosin:
why did you stop at 2012, ?? you just exposed yourself as a bias person

have noted you

Dear sir/ma, I stopped at 2012 because;

1. I was of the opinion any half-smart person will get the drift (comparison).

2. You could argue I should start my comparison from 1961, but that will be pointless, since even a 10 year old can decipher prices/cost of expenditure of times vary, hence why I compared 'similar times'.

As far as bias goes, yes, I am biased against 'shady politicians making people living in harsh conditions', I am biased against mismanagement of public funds by public office holders.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria To Celebrate Oct 1 With 70 Million Naira Only by Touchforfree(m): 5:47pm On Sep 22, 2015
zinachidi:
how much does he want to use before?

May be you should have asked how much was brought forward for him to approve by d "bussiness-as-usual office holders".
Re: Nigeria To Celebrate Oct 1 With 70 Million Naira Only by 989900: 5:50pm On Sep 22, 2015
Jwhizzy:

Oya constructively criticise and tell us how it can practically be done for less. You can also draw from recent administrations and how they 'efficiently' managed the same event.

How can I like your post 10 times?
Re: Nigeria To Celebrate Oct 1 With 70 Million Naira Only by 989900: 5:52pm On Sep 22, 2015
[quote author=tiwiex post=38268661]
[s]Nothing nice about his tight fistedness. When a country is in recession, u need to find ways to stimulate through spending. He needs an economist seriously. He will strangle the economy.[[/s]/quote]

Through wastefulness?

You just didn't type that.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Celebrate Oct 1 With 70 Million Naira Only by 989900: 5:54pm On Sep 22, 2015
neocortex:

[s]How much did he spend in 2014 ?
I know you will be too ashamed to respond.

How can you compare a golden jubilee when oil
with an ordinary independence.

Are you not disturbed that you can't defend Buhari without involving GEJ,
That's to show you Buhari is still ruling in the shadow of GEJ,
when will he be man on his own ?[/s]
Re: Nigeria To Celebrate Oct 1 With 70 Million Naira Only by Nobody: 5:59pm On Sep 22, 2015
989900:

Dear sir/ma, I stopped at 2012 because;

1. I was of the opinion any half-smart person will get the drift (comparison).

2. You could argue I should start my comparison from 1961, but that will be pointless, since even a 10 year old can decipher prices/cost of expenditure of times vary, hence why I compared 'similar times'.

As far as bias goes, yes, I am biased against 'shady politicians making people living in harsh conditions', I am biased against mismanagement of public funds by public office holders.
my joy is simple very soon you will be tired of calling Gej into issues, either Gej administration will be 20years old by then, or you will be tired of being described as noise makers.

Am aware that you guys will always have something to say to cover up your views.

hypocrisy is the order of the day in Nigeria, congratulations
Re: Nigeria To Celebrate Oct 1 With 70 Million Naira Only by 989900: 6:02pm On Sep 22, 2015
omenka:
Sorry to say, but you are a monumental fool. Your Oga took N40million just to lay a stone in memory of someone in commemoration of the same event.

Aren't you ashamed of yourself?? Don't you know just when to shove your fingers up your assshole and refrain from commenting??

Him and his bigoted crew are abjectly irredeemably st00pid.

What is there to compare between 70m and 6,600,000,000?

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria To Celebrate Oct 1 With 70 Million Naira Only by 989900: 6:03pm On Sep 22, 2015
TolaOluwatosin:
[s]my joy is simple very soon you will be tired of calling Gej into issues, either Gej administration will be 20years old by then, or you will be tired of being described as noise makers.

Am aware that you guys will always have something to say to cover up your views.

hypocrisy is the order of the day in Nigeria, congratulations[/s]

I need an interpreter.

I deduced nada.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria To Celebrate Oct 1 With 70 Million Naira Only by Koleman(m): 6:04pm On Sep 22, 2015
zinachidi:
go back in time and get ur answer

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Celebrate Oct 1 With 70 Million Naira Only by Alexcollins(m): 6:06pm On Sep 22, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
So these four events will gulp N70million?who is the government trying to deceive?
its obvious u don't have a clue on event management... only the cost for radio and TV coverage will gulp more than twenty percent of that money...

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Celebrate Oct 1 With 70 Million Naira Only by Nobody: 6:09pm On Sep 22, 2015
989900:

I need an interpreter.

I deduced nada.
i didn't expect u to , because you have been brainwashed, hypnotized, anything APC does is right, PDP evil.

my joy is simple, the pdp members that did more havoc to Nigeria are now in APC.

AS FOR GEJ, TOUCH HIM IF YOU CAN, hahahahahaa
Re: Nigeria To Celebrate Oct 1 With 70 Million Naira Only by Koleman(m): 6:11pm On Sep 22, 2015
mykl01:

Propaganda... lol...
Ee for no celebrate am at all nau. 70 million is too much jor.
Some gullible ones will be clapping by now.... lol grin
and some myopic ones will be too blind to see that this is more than an 80 percent decrease in wat it used to be.
Re: Nigeria To Celebrate Oct 1 With 70 Million Naira Only by meta4bishop(m): 6:11pm On Sep 22, 2015
Just anticipating PMB's October Speech. & b4 den he must ve constitute his cabinet.[color=#000099][/color]
Re: Nigeria To Celebrate Oct 1 With 70 Million Naira Only by Jesusloveyou: 6:11pm On Sep 22, 2015
zinachidi:
ur clueless corrupt hero spent billions

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria To Celebrate Oct 1 With 70 Million Naira Only by Kennydoc(m): 6:21pm On Sep 22, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

Barcanista, I may equally be a PDP apologist, but I say the truth whenever I see it.
70 million naira for independence celebration by the FG is freaking small, and the president should be commended. People spend much more than that just to organise their weddings. If it were GEJ, that celebration would have gulped nothing less than 500 million naira, or even up to 1 billion naira.
Buhari is extremely financially prudent, and nobody can take it away from him.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria To Celebrate Oct 1 With 70 Million Naira Only by joshrare(m): 6:27pm On Sep 22, 2015
Chaii....
GEJ was indeed a waster

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

SARS Victim Presents Photo Of Officer Who Paralysed Him / Fulani Herdsmen Destroyed My Friend's 40 Acres Of Farmland - Apoti Eri / Fayose Hops On A Motorcycle For A Ride To The State Government's House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.