Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,164,991 members, 7,859,547 topics. Date: Thursday, 13 June 2024 at 02:30 PM

Nigeria To Celebrate Oct 1 With 70 Million Naira Only - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria To Celebrate Oct 1 With 70 Million Naira Only (46364 Views)

"I Heard The Audio Inciting Northerners To Slaughter Igbos On Oct 1" – FFK / Nigeria Imports 70 Million Generators / 70 Million Independence Budget -How Much Is AIT,NTA, Channel Fees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria To Celebrate Oct 1 With 70 Million Naira Only by teamchocolate: 6:30pm On Sep 22, 2015
Find out how much was used last year, then come back and comment undecided

zinachidi:
how much does he want to use before?
Re: Nigeria To Celebrate Oct 1 With 70 Million Naira Only by fejicruz(m): 6:34pm On Sep 22, 2015
sdindan:

How much did Jonathan used?
Help us and do the Google
And tell me where is the change if Buhari will follow Jonathans foot steps
Ghen Ghen Ghen!!!
How much did Jonathan "USED"?
Help us and" DO THE GOOGLE"

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Celebrate Oct 1 With 70 Million Naira Only by Nobody: 6:44pm On Sep 22, 2015
hmmmm....
Re: Nigeria To Celebrate Oct 1 With 70 Million Naira Only by Ebukaokeke25: 6:51pm On Sep 22, 2015
To the glory of our universe we have a real president @ last.May our supreme universe continue to bless our president Buhari with eternity of life,health n a sound mind as he strives to make Nigeria the best of all nations economically,infrastructurally,politically,educationally n security wise.AMEN

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria To Celebrate Oct 1 With 70 Million Naira Only by bobbyluis(m): 6:58pm On Sep 22, 2015
ihedioramma:
The bad eggs

Which bad eggs?
Re: Nigeria To Celebrate Oct 1 With 70 Million Naira Only by erico2k2(m): 7:03pm On Sep 22, 2015
tobimillar:

Do you know about Google? Just type and find out how much Jonah used for each of the six years he used in power... then get back to us

Yes 70 million is still very high but it's better than the usual norm...
What was the usual cost??
Re: Nigeria To Celebrate Oct 1 With 70 Million Naira Only by bejeria101(m): 7:03pm On Sep 22, 2015
He shld shift to 32nd of december,dullardhino
Re: Nigeria To Celebrate Oct 1 With 70 Million Naira Only by Obynolee(f): 7:06pm On Sep 22, 2015
honeywealth75:

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/09/buhari-reluctantly-approves-n70m-for-independence-celebrations/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter

APC and propaganda, why saying "reluctantly"?, the fact is that he approved 70 million which is still on the high side considering the percentage of Nigerians that live below $1
Re: Nigeria To Celebrate Oct 1 With 70 Million Naira Only by Arogunmasa(m): 7:34pm On Sep 22, 2015
sdindan:

How much did Jonathan used?
Help us and do the Google
And tell me where is the change if Buhari will follow Jonathans foot steps

The onus of prove lays on you Sir! It is a tirte law at common law that he who allege must prove. Cheers!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Celebrate Oct 1 With 70 Million Naira Only by tuniski: 8:04pm On Sep 22, 2015
alaoeri:
PMB saving cost unlike what is obtainable during GEJ's regime.
so what? I prefer a spending govt which in turn expand opportunities not one with Only austerity mentality while shrinking opportunities. At the end where does that leave d citizens? A poverty mind president is not my forte

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Celebrate Oct 1 With 70 Million Naira Only by lexyfred02: 8:06pm On Sep 22, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:
This is the breakdown of what Jonathan Spent in 2010 Independence anniversary:

Nigerians, Now Judge for yourselves! cry cry

My God! Allah! We Thank You For The Gift of This Man Below, On "isiagu" attire, called Muhammadu Ozoigbondu Buhari!

God Bless Us All!

I just dey feel your intellectual adeptness. All the blabbers should just follow your example for mental healing. Research before talk.
Re: Nigeria To Celebrate Oct 1 With 70 Million Naira Only by alaoeri: 8:10pm On Sep 22, 2015
tuniski:
so what? I prefer a spending govt which in turn expand opportunities not one with Only austerity mentality while shrinking opportunities. At the end where does that leave d citizens? A poverty mind president is not my forte
Off what benefits was the over spending government of GEJ to you? Kindly tell us your gains from Jona's government that spend any how.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Celebrate Oct 1 With 70 Million Naira Only by neocortex: 8:14pm On Sep 22, 2015
shamecurls:

Does that still explain the margin between 6.6Bn and 70 million Let me do the arithmetic for you..The difference is six billion five hundred thirty million What will you call that difference? Inflation grin

Am opened to your opinion

You failed to get my point, a Macbook can be as high as 600k while there are PC
of 30k , now tell me what difference is there to explain if someone buys a Macbook
while another person bought a PC based on their spending power ?
Re: Nigeria To Celebrate Oct 1 With 70 Million Naira Only by 989900: 8:26pm On Sep 22, 2015
TolaOluwatosin:
i didn't expect u to , because you have been brainwashed, hypnotized, anything APC does is right, PDP evil.

my joy is simple, the pdp members that did more havoc to Nigeria are now in APC.

AS FOR GEJ, TOUCH HIM IF YOU CAN, hahahahahaa

So this is was all about GEJ?

Newsflash: I have no affiliation.
Re: Nigeria To Celebrate Oct 1 With 70 Million Naira Only by gogodaye(m): 8:27pm On Sep 22, 2015
tobimillar:

Do you know about Google? Just type and find out how much Jonah used for each of the six years he used in power... then get back to us

Please remind us how many of these Independence Day celebrations were held with fanfare at the Eagle Square after the 2010 Independence day bombing orchestrated by Okah led MEND.
The celebration has always been low keyed, prayers in mosques and churches and the ceremonial inspections of the gueads and the flags by the colour parade......
Is it the less than 200 children that would be fed with the paltry sum of #70million naira?
Abeg lest we forget......we remember that Ex-PGEJ budgeted and got approval to spend close to #2bn naira to feed himself in the Villa.....since President Mohammed Buhari was inaugurated and he moved in about June, 2015.......He too has been feeding off from the huge sum that we had critized Ex-PGEJ.....
Hypocrisy in the country today is legendary.....
Nigerians indeed import intelligence as that Indian national yabbed us.....if we believe the rubbish......
Imagine.... #70mn approved to be pocketed by madam to host a lottle under 200 already obese children of the rich....

Re: Nigeria To Celebrate Oct 1 With 70 Million Naira Only by redcliff: 8:34pm On Sep 22, 2015
saintopus:
This amount is even on the high side. What will they eat or drink that will raise the amount to such outrageous sum.?
The highest will be N5million at most.

you dont know anything
Re: Nigeria To Celebrate Oct 1 With 70 Million Naira Only by 989900: 8:37pm On Sep 22, 2015
neocortex:

[s]You failed to get my point, a Macbook can be as high as 600k while there are PC
of 30k , now tell me what difference is there to explain if someone buys a Macbook
while another person bought a PC based on their spending power ?[/s]

The problem with most populace almost everywhere is their ignorance.

Most people can't comprehend figures.

30k to 600k= 30 *20.

70m to 6.6B = roughly 70*100.

Now using your lousy notebook comparison, would you pay 30k*100= 3,000,000 for a notebook? Mac or not?

Especially when a 30k notebook would equally do the job?

This is just some meaningless celebration when there is really nothing to celebrate . . . from immoral politicians, to indecisive segregation agitators, to Boko Haram and their sympathizers, to shameless traditional rulers, to tribalistic and religious bigots.
Re: Nigeria To Celebrate Oct 1 With 70 Million Naira Only by redcliff: 8:37pm On Sep 22, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
So these four events will gulp N70million?who is the government trying to deceive?

but your political mentor used 10 times that money just to house guests and transport them. Its either you are trying to be fooolish or there is pap in your brain.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Celebrate Oct 1 With 70 Million Naira Only by 989900: 8:44pm On Sep 22, 2015
kenazuu:

maybe you should check from 1999-2007
. . . or from 1961?

Use your mind.
Re: Nigeria To Celebrate Oct 1 With 70 Million Naira Only by neocortex: 8:44pm On Sep 22, 2015
989900:

The problem with most populace almost everywhere is their ignorance.

Most people can't comprehend figures.

30k to 600k= 30 *20.

70m to 6.6B = roughly 70*100.

Now using your lousy notebook comparison, would you pay 30k*100= 3,000,000 for a notebook? Mac or not?

Especially when a 30k notebook would equally do the job?

This is just some meaningless celebration when there is really nothing to celebrate . . . from immoral politicians, to indecisive segregation agitators, to tribalistic and religious bigots.

You have serious issue with comprehension and you shouldn't have replied my post.
My post wasn't about the ratio of the cost it is an analogy,
please check your dictionary for the word "analogy".

Kindly dirct your question to those who bought a 1.6billion naira Maybach Exelero instaed of a 200k gulf mini.
Re: Nigeria To Celebrate Oct 1 With 70 Million Naira Only by 989900: 8:47pm On Sep 22, 2015
neocortex:

[s]You have serious issue with comprehension and you shouldn't have replied my post.
My post wasn't about the ratio of the cost it is an analogy,
please check your dictionary for the word "analogy".[/s]

Done that.

Now you check for wrong analogy.
Re: Nigeria To Celebrate Oct 1 With 70 Million Naira Only by miqos02(m): 8:53pm On Sep 22, 2015
Hemanwel:
It's alright.This coming 55th Independence anniversary celebration is going to be a one-gala-one-Lacasera-for-delegates kinda celebration.
Re: Nigeria To Celebrate Oct 1 With 70 Million Naira Only by Horus(m): 8:58pm On Sep 22, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_UtsOUHF3Y

[size=15pt]Independence Celebrations: Buhari Reluctantly Approves N70m[/size]
Re: Nigeria To Celebrate Oct 1 With 70 Million Naira Only by zomoears(m): 9:09pm On Sep 22, 2015
Hemanwel:
It's alright.This coming 55th Independence anniversary celebration is going to be a one-gala-one-Lacasera-for-delegates kinda celebration.

grin
Re: Nigeria To Celebrate Oct 1 With 70 Million Naira Only by babafirst(m): 9:20pm On Sep 22, 2015
tobimillar:

if na Jonahh, at least one billa don go for d celebration.
Re: Nigeria To Celebrate Oct 1 With 70 Million Naira Only by Abagworo(m): 9:36pm On Sep 22, 2015

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Celebrate Oct 1 With 70 Million Naira Only by Sunnypar(m): 9:53pm On Sep 22, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
So these four events will gulp N70million?who is the government trying to deceive?
My thoughts as well.
Re: Nigeria To Celebrate Oct 1 With 70 Million Naira Only by viktagorion: 9:57pm On Sep 22, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
Your hero GEJ of PDP spent billions for the same event in 2010.

Reason why I say PDP will NEVER preside over the affairs of this nation at the centre AGAIN.

#wewillneverforget.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Celebrate Oct 1 With 70 Million Naira Only by bokohalal(m): 10:11pm On Sep 22, 2015
doxime:
See packaging...lol
what is reluctant about the approval.
does it mean that at the end of the day the fg account balance will remain the same.
as for those talking about 2010,that was special event with a lot of foreign dignitaries in attendance.
I have been in this country long enough to know that at the end of the day the real amount that is going to be spent will far exceed the said amount.
only time will tell.
So,Jonathan spent more than seven billion in 2010?
Re: Nigeria To Celebrate Oct 1 With 70 Million Naira Only by jonuel1(m): 10:21pm On Sep 22, 2015
obailala:
10billion vs 70million.... and some people would still be asking where the change is.

What was the N10Billion spent on and what will the N70Million be spent on?
Re: Nigeria To Celebrate Oct 1 With 70 Million Naira Only by olaboy33(m): 10:29pm On Sep 22, 2015
1 cup of henessy nd 50naira groundnut for anybody wey come...if u like come...if u like no come.pmb go ask for change.....i knw say igbo man or ijebu man hin go give the money make hin organise am.........#pmb_till_death_take_him_away
Re: Nigeria To Celebrate Oct 1 With 70 Million Naira Only by citizenY(m): 12:20am On Sep 23, 2015
shamecurls:

Spot-On! Out of all comparison, Why Runz girl

And we know the Runz gal that opened her legs permanently apart for Aso rock. E no even know when dem dey poke am. Dem poke am for all the holes wey dey body. Gay/lesbian/ hermaphrodite do am, even police dog and horse join.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Drone Shots Of Dino Melaye's Governorship Campaign In Ankpa, Kogi East / Deji Adeyanju Graduates With First Class Degree In Law (Photos) / 30 Yelwan Zangam Residents Die In Fresh Attacks In Jos, Several Houses Burnt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.