Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,049 members, 7,818,154 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:06 AM

The Ills Of Making Marriage A Priority In Our Society - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Ills Of Making Marriage A Priority In Our Society (1223 Views)

Feminism In Marriage! A View. / Why Do Guys Kneel While Making Marriage Proposal? / Is Marriage A Goal And Dream Killer? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Ills Of Making Marriage A Priority In Our Society by Lawsimon(m): 3:33pm On Sep 22, 2015
Marriage in Nigeria has become a do-or-die affair. Pressure from various quarters against those who have reached marriageable age is unbearable. Such people are regarded as irresponsible in the society. In Nigeria, certain privileges elude them, simply because the society look at them in a certain way. The societal pressure has forced many to marry out of their will. This has led many into bankruptcy after the marriage ceremony. Our economy and cultures are not also helping the situation. It is now a trend for people to borrow money to fund their marriage. The question now is: as a man, would you collect a loan from bank to get married, when you know that age is against you? As a woman, can you give your man money to marry you, if you have the financial power. On the other hand, as a man, would you accept such an offer from the woman you want to marry? I implore the Mods to do the needful and I expect matured responses from members of this esteem community.
Re: The Ills Of Making Marriage A Priority In Our Society by senorB(f): 3:35pm On Sep 22, 2015
Re: The Ills Of Making Marriage A Priority In Our Society by FruityLass: 3:36pm On Sep 22, 2015
As long as the person is really worth loving for the feeling of peace, understanding, compassion, happiness and security that he and only him can provide.

And he's ambitious to progress in the pursuit of his dreams to also be financially stable.
Re: The Ills Of Making Marriage A Priority In Our Society by Nobody: 3:37pm On Sep 22, 2015
Lol, brb.
Re: The Ills Of Making Marriage A Priority In Our Society by falconey(m): 3:40pm On Sep 22, 2015
it is a priority, your parents got married and bred you so you should do the same and quit complaining.
Re: The Ills Of Making Marriage A Priority In Our Society by Nobody: 3:43pm On Sep 22, 2015
No i won't.
Infact someone who isn't financially capable to raise and feed a family,shouldn't think of marriage cos he'll only be bringing kids into the world to suffer,which no child deserves.
Re: The Ills Of Making Marriage A Priority In Our Society by Cutehector(m): 3:44pm On Sep 22, 2015
Nowadays men dnt marry jobless ladies.... Only those who r graduates and hav got smth to do, except if the guy in question is broke...
Re: The Ills Of Making Marriage A Priority In Our Society by demsid(m): 3:47pm On Sep 22, 2015
Ths is for those ladies
Re: The Ills Of Making Marriage A Priority In Our Society by ammyluv2002(f): 3:50pm On Sep 22, 2015
Cutehector:
Nowadays men dnt marry jobless ladies.... Only those who r graduates and hav got smth to do, except if the guy in question is broke...
Re: The Ills Of Making Marriage A Priority In Our Society by Cutehector(m): 3:56pm On Sep 22, 2015
[quote author=ammyluv2002 post=38271783][/quote]chei... Pls its good to go to school ooooooo.... Abeg.
Re: The Ills Of Making Marriage A Priority In Our Society by Tallesty1(m): 4:04pm On Sep 22, 2015
Cutehector:
lols....

I disagree with you bro.

1 Like

Re: The Ills Of Making Marriage A Priority In Our Society by Cutehector(m): 4:07pm On Sep 22, 2015
Tallesty1:
lols....

I disagree with you bro.
I knw, dat is why I posted it, for ppo like u to disagree... grin let d mentions keep coming
Re: The Ills Of Making Marriage A Priority In Our Society by Tallesty1(m): 4:08pm On Sep 22, 2015
Cutehector:
I knw, dat is why I posted it, for ppo like u to disagree... grin let d mentions keep coming
See your big teeth.

1 Like

Re: The Ills Of Making Marriage A Priority In Our Society by excellencyabia1: 4:09pm On Sep 22, 2015
my woman is bound to support in our marriage, marriage to me is not all about money because majority that is financially buoyant don't have peace.
conclusion, everybody have his own reason of of getting married
Re: The Ills Of Making Marriage A Priority In Our Society by Lawsimon(m): 4:29pm On Sep 22, 2015
KiidaACE:
No i won't.
Infact someone who isn't financially capable to raise and feed a family,shouldn't think of marriage cos he'll only be bringing kids into the world to suffer,which no child deserves.
even when age is really hitting hard on you.
Re: The Ills Of Making Marriage A Priority In Our Society by yugocee(m): 4:32pm On Sep 22, 2015
that's No No for me.
Re: The Ills Of Making Marriage A Priority In Our Society by Nobody: 6:11pm On Sep 22, 2015
Lawsimon:
even when age is really hitting hard on you.
yes
Re: The Ills Of Making Marriage A Priority In Our Society by AikayDaWrapper(m): 6:29pm On Sep 22, 2015
KiidaACE:
No i won't.

GBAM!!!!!

/thread.
Re: The Ills Of Making Marriage A Priority In Our Society by AikayDaWrapper(m): 6:32pm On Sep 22, 2015
I've never understood why people see marriage as a priority above everything else.

I've got a lot of things on my mind and marriage is in the back seat of my long long coaster bus of thoughts

(1) (Reply)

Am I Doing The Right Thing? ( Please Advice) / How Do I Tell Him I've Lost His Engagement Ring And Am Not Ready To Settle Down / You Know Ur Mom Is 100% Naija If...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.