Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,266 members, 7,815,441 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:29 PM

Which Language/framework Is Recommended For Startups? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Which Language/framework Is Recommended For Startups? (1624 Views)

What Language, Framework Are You Using Currently / I Want To Learn Programming. Which Language Should I Start With? / What Is Recommended To Have A Successful Career In Web Development (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Language/framework Is Recommended For Startups? by DharkPoet(m): 1:39am On Sep 23, 2015
I never wanted to make this just a framework battle, since I would be including PHP which is purely a language though it accommodates a lot of successful frameworks.

So my question, concerning the current status quo in the techno-sphere, which of these would be suitable to start a web based startup?

1) Ruby with Ruby on Rails
2) Python with Django
3) PHP with any framework(Code Igniter, Zend 2, Yii, CakePHP or any other framework)
4) Any other Language or Framework not listed.

Thanks as I await your feedback.
Re: Which Language/framework Is Recommended For Startups? by DonSegmond(m): 6:15am On Sep 23, 2015
DharkPoet:
I never wanted to make this just a framework battle, since I would be including PHP which is purely a language though it accommodates a lot of successful frameworks.

So my question, concerning the current status quo in the techno-sphere, which of these would be suitable to start a web based startup?

1) Ruby with Ruby on Rails
2) Python with Django
3) PHP with any framework(Code Igniter, Zend 2, Yii, CakePHP or any other framework)
4) Any other Language or Framework not listed.

Thanks as I await your feedback.
Whatever language you know best. Knowledge of the tooling will get your further than the language. Python, Ruby, PHP are all pretty much the same.

1 Like

Re: Which Language/framework Is Recommended For Startups? by blueyedgeek(m): 7:27am On Sep 23, 2015
@DonSegmond has said it all already. As a startup, the most important thing is building your product and getting to the market on time. To get to the market on time, your developers have to use the tools that they are most confident with using cause in the end, they all achieve the same thing.
Re: Which Language/framework Is Recommended For Startups? by snyperboi(m): 6:03pm On Mar 17, 2017
python - the best first programming language
flask - a web framework for building web app and best for a beginner. don't go for django because it's much more hard and not friendly for a beginner

(1) (Reply)

Java Spring CRUD Example Using One To One Mapping Of Two Tables / I / Is Seunthomas A Blogger Or Programmer?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.