Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,417 members, 7,830,111 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:23 PM

Young Artiste Shot Four Times By Army Officer In Lagos (photo) - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Young Artiste Shot Four Times By Army Officer In Lagos (photo) (43665 Views)

Charly Boy: "Linda Ikeji Has Been Burnt So Many Times By Useless Wayo Men" / Stephenie Korie Slapped By An Army Officer / Sade Adu Won Grammy Awards Four Times(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Young Artiste Shot Four Times By Army Officer In Lagos (photo) by Nobody: 1:29pm On Sep 23, 2015
You lucky, he aimed at your legs, if it were to be the ones in black uniform, na your head dem for aim and likely not miss lipsrsealed undecided
Why you no sleep for studio till morning and why you run

1 Like

Re: Young Artiste Shot Four Times By Army Officer In Lagos (photo) by freecocoa(f): 1:30pm On Sep 23, 2015
gbosaa:

Sorry meant unarmed.. He should use appropriate force. Was shooting at them 'appropriate force'?
I'm not in support of them being shot dear, I'm saying it could've been the only thing to do then, they were unstable and running away, surely you won't expect an officer to pursue unstable and probably armed suspects on foot.
Re: Young Artiste Shot Four Times By Army Officer In Lagos (photo) by Decentconnect4: 1:36pm On Sep 23, 2015
wow!!!

Re: Young Artiste Shot Four Times By Army Officer In Lagos (photo) by histemple: 1:40pm On Sep 23, 2015
NairaMode:
If you run, it is not in the armies code of conduct to shoot any civilian whatsoever.

If someone runs and you chase them and cannot meet up, you are obligated to call the police ASAP.

Apparently, they were scared maybe by their threats or taunts and that was why they ran. They did not have any weapon so my assertion must have been the case.

This is not the fault of this young man but an absolute fault of the army officer.

If you actually read this story, you may have reasons to justify the Army Officer and applaud him for a job well done, especially in not killing the fleeing suspects. Except you are saying that an Army Officer is not supposed to shoot ANY civilian under any circumstance.

How innocent are they, that they move about at midnight under the influence of marijuana? How innocent are they, that they resort to running away upon sighting security personnel instead of explaining themselves?

Anytime you are stopped by any officer of the law enforcement agencies, it is part of your duties to answer reasonable questions to ascertain your identity and mission. Imagine a situation where you were being flagged down on the road by army officers and you decide to speed away---------you can only be lucky to be alive because you have triggered suspicion.

Security is all encompassing and a patriotic Army Officer will not allow a fleeing kidnapper, rapist, bunkerer etc to escape and then go back to call the police.

1 Like

Re: Young Artiste Shot Four Times By Army Officer In Lagos (photo) by Ayatullah(m): 1:42pm On Sep 23, 2015
Mprepz:
Lie lie lie
That nigga is not telling the truth
You guy smoke. You no also follow join

Make ah hear word abeg!

SHUT UP!

When has Shooting become the penalty for smoking Ganja?

1 Like

Re: Young Artiste Shot Four Times By Army Officer In Lagos (photo) by Nobody: 1:45pm On Sep 23, 2015
freecocoa:
I'm not in support of them being shot dear, I'm saying it could've been the only thing to do then, they were unstable and running away, surely you won't expect an officer to pursue unstable and probably armed suspects on foot.

He wasn't meant to apprehend them. The boys ran into him, they were scared and that was why they ran. They didn't pose any threat to him or anyone. He wasn't supposed to use his gun on them. Any other place, he would be prosecuted and jailed. He knew he was wrong, otherwise he should've followed up and make sure he didn't escape after treatment at the hospital.
Re: Young Artiste Shot Four Times By Army Officer In Lagos (photo) by freecocoa(f): 1:52pm On Sep 23, 2015
gbosaa:

He wasn't meant to apprehend them. The boys ran into him, they were scared and that was why they ran. They didn't pose any threat to him or anyone. He wasn't supposed to use his gun on them. Any other place, he would be prosecuted and jailed. He knew he was wrong, otherwise he should've followed up and make sure he didn't escape after treatment at the hospital.
How do you think some criminals are caught? You think officers go about their duties with a list of people to apprehend? How do you know they didn't pose a threat to anyone or even themselves if they were high and misbehaving? It's Nigeria ofcourse, things aren't done the normal way here so he too ran away, but in a sane society, if a suspect is high, unstable and won't corporate with officers, then lethal force can be used.

1 Like

Re: Young Artiste Shot Four Times By Army Officer In Lagos (photo) by mystiqueem(f): 1:52pm On Sep 23, 2015
Is it just me or did I read...

The doctor
'took courage' - Is it not your job description.
'without deposit' - Are you a bank manager? angry
Is saving lives not more important than money

The Nameless Artist
Smelling of Joint?
Parading the street at 2am?
Running at the sight of an officer?
What Record Studio?
What location?

The Journalist
For the love of God! What kind of reporting is this?
opened his leg so the bullet won't 'spread' to his joint? WTF! angry

In my opinion... The officer was doing his duty. They are trained to assess a situation and take action if need be.
I wish to thank the officer for not taking his life.

Hear from all sides... Before drawing any conclusion. That's real reporting.

1 Like

Re: Young Artiste Shot Four Times By Army Officer In Lagos (photo) by Nobody: 1:52pm On Sep 23, 2015
Etizz:

Sorry sir, so what do u expect of dem? To run after the suspect? Am a learner.

Let them run. Yes let them run. They were probably unarmed and weren't threats to him or anyone.

By the way, after the shooting, what did he do? Leave him to bleed to death??

What's the purpose of shooting him then? If he was a threat, he should've been chained and heavily guarded at the hospital.
Re: Young Artiste Shot Four Times By Army Officer In Lagos (photo) by MadCow1: 1:55pm On Sep 23, 2015
neocortex:

So the officer should be praised for shooting at two unarmed innocent Nigerians.
You might be the next victim.

I do not run from the Police boy..

I would rather get arrested and spend some money than run and get shot the fhuck up.

Moral Lesson: You can't outrun a bullet.

Thanks for stopping by.

1 Like

Re: Young Artiste Shot Four Times By Army Officer In Lagos (photo) by hmath3991(m): 1:58pm On Sep 23, 2015
he must b a cultist if not y shud he run. hmm i dnt bliv ur tales Mista
Re: Young Artiste Shot Four Times By Army Officer In Lagos (photo) by dotune(m): 1:59pm On Sep 23, 2015
When u smoke Ganja in the studios and 2am looks like 2pm. I hope the legs will heal soon sha.
Re: Young Artiste Shot Four Times By Army Officer In Lagos (photo) by hmath3991(m): 2:01pm On Sep 23, 2015
he must b a cultist if not y shud he run. hmm i dnt bliv ur tales Mista i knw he is a yoruba boy
Re: Young Artiste Shot Four Times By Army Officer In Lagos (photo) by saladin24(m): 2:17pm On Sep 23, 2015
The guy will use the incident to complete his upcoming album. I wish him quick recovery.
Re: Young Artiste Shot Four Times By Army Officer In Lagos (photo) by Gee15: 2:28pm On Sep 23, 2015
Yoruba adage says oru o mo eni owo meaning night has got no respect for anyone,when it's late stay where you are till day break.
Re: Young Artiste Shot Four Times By Army Officer In Lagos (photo) by Nobody: 2:52pm On Sep 23, 2015
why did they run?
Re: Young Artiste Shot Four Times By Army Officer In Lagos (photo) by eaglechild: 2:55pm On Sep 23, 2015
laserjet:

He shouldn't have ran.
Kindly know your tenses.
You should be sure of the right tense before attempting to correct someone.
He was right.

Re: Young Artiste Shot Four Times By Army Officer In Lagos (photo) by survtony(m): 3:12pm On Sep 23, 2015
I accept the fact that some of our soldiers misbehave. But then looking at this story from different angles, you wouldnt really blame the officer.
1-From the story he said his friend was misbehaving- what if his friend tried chancing the officer due to highness.
Put your self in the soldier's shoe. At 2am you see 2guys probably dressed rugged smelling of weeds with one of them misbehaving. Wouldnt you be scared considering the security problems in Nigeria?
2- for the soldier to have shot his legs means he didnt intend killing him. So maybe he wanted to search them before they ran hence had to shoot the legs
3- he got shot, fell and the officer didnt catch him but rather our Nigerian police rushed him to hospital at that time. Were the police closeby? How far is the studio from his house? I believe the story is incomplete.

1 Like

Re: Young Artiste Shot Four Times By Army Officer In Lagos (photo) by Dinocarex(m): 4:20pm On Sep 23, 2015
The gun shots should give him inspiration to sing hit songs. Just like 50cent and Khuli Chana
Re: Young Artiste Shot Four Times By Army Officer In Lagos (photo) by Nobody: 4:41pm On Sep 23, 2015
Ayatullah:

SHUT UP!
When has Shooting become the penalty for smoking Ganja?
What is thisss?
Re: Young Artiste Shot Four Times By Army Officer In Lagos (photo) by safarigirl(f): 4:51pm On Sep 23, 2015
NairaMode:
If you run, it is not in the armies code of conduct to shoot any civilian whatsoever.

If someone runs and you chase them and cannot meet up, you are obligated to call the police ASAP.

Apparently, they were scared maybe by their threats or taunts and that was why they ran. They did not have any weapon so my assertion must have been the case.

This is not the fault of this young man but an absolute fault of the army officer.
in this day of BH, the army has assumed the position of the police and are obligated to shoot where they suspect anything especially where the suspects run. He's lucky it was the army, the police shoot to kill, not to maim
Re: Young Artiste Shot Four Times By Army Officer In Lagos (photo) by wahles(m): 5:33pm On Sep 23, 2015
NairaMode:

like seriously, was high on weed nd liver failed him, had to run... maka, I no justify d shooting bt mr artiste no talk d whole story jor
Re: Young Artiste Shot Four Times By Army Officer In Lagos (photo) by danizy(m): 5:40pm On Sep 23, 2015
Akposy:
Sorry. Get well soon.

The Army officer was not suppose to shot at him na....did he find any weapon on d guy? All dis Nigeria Army are too harsh, dey should save dia anger 4 boko boyz jare........
are you a boko boy or a true nigerian?
Re: Young Artiste Shot Four Times By Army Officer In Lagos (photo) by jomoh: 5:51pm On Sep 23, 2015
Does anybody observe something here.

An army officer shot the guy in the leg to demobilise him knowing fully well that he is not armed but if it were a nigerian police officer despite knowing that the guy is not armed will still shoot to kill.

#Training.
Re: Young Artiste Shot Four Times By Army Officer In Lagos (photo) by otiigba1(m): 6:15pm On Sep 23, 2015
I thought the army is supposed to shoot only in wars
Unless its different in nigeria undecided
Re: Young Artiste Shot Four Times By Army Officer In Lagos (photo) by Akposy(m): 6:16pm On Sep 23, 2015
danizy:
are you a boko boy or a true nigerian?
make ur choice sir
Re: Young Artiste Shot Four Times By Army Officer In Lagos (photo) by Akposy(m): 6:18pm On Sep 23, 2015
Nuella222:
The boy may not be telling the truth here. Maybe the Army officer found indian hemp in his pocket before he took to his heels...u knw naah...voom ka mma karia inye statement.
maybe sha....but d 4 bullets shot was not necessary
Re: Young Artiste Shot Four Times By Army Officer In Lagos (photo) by gabng(m): 7:30pm On Sep 23, 2015
hmath3991:
he must b a cultist if not y shud he run.
hmm i dnt bliv ur tales Mista i knw he is a yoruba boy

You are stupid for that statement. Surprisingly he is igbo. His name is Tochukwu.
Re: Young Artiste Shot Four Times By Army Officer In Lagos (photo) by Osarieme415(m): 8:05pm On Sep 23, 2015
eaglechild:
You should be sure of the right tense before attempting to correct someone.
He was right.
Epic!!!!
Re: Young Artiste Shot Four Times By Army Officer In Lagos (photo) by Osarieme415(m): 8:11pm On Sep 23, 2015
I am not going to give any verdict because the clear picture of the circumstances leading to the army officer shooting, can't be viewed. The question begging for answer is, if the boy was high on weeds, how was he able to know he was shot four times, or is he stating his version of the truth? #Just pondering
Re: Young Artiste Shot Four Times By Army Officer In Lagos (photo) by Tonymic4life(m): 9:10pm On Sep 23, 2015
madridguy:
Amateur Journalism. Upcoming artist, yet his name is not disclosed. Why do you have to run away when you don't have any skeleton in your cupboard, meanwhile, thank your head that you're still alive.
. lol! u no hear say he is still coming up. when he gets up we wud know his name. I guess d journalist also is an up coming journalist too. grin
madridguy:
Amateur Journalism. Upcoming artist, yet his name is not disclosed. Why do you have to run away when you don't have any skeleton in your cupboard, meanwhile, thank your head that you're still alive.
. lol! u no hear say he is still coming up. when he gets up we wud know his name. I guess d journalist also is an up coming journalist too.
Re: Young Artiste Shot Four Times By Army Officer In Lagos (photo) by Nobody: 9:57pm On Sep 23, 2015
You are a big fool for running, u have done noting wrong and you begine to run, i d i o t

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Moyo Lawal: How Armed Robbers Stripped Me Unclad / Tonto Dike Sends Birthday Wishes To Her Ex Boyfriend - Fans React (photo) / Laycon Gushes Over Cee-C

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.