Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,786 members, 7,817,257 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:55 AM

My Friend At GTBank Took 80,000 Naira From My Account - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / My Friend At GTBank Took 80,000 Naira From My Account (11672 Views)

Angry Nigerian Man Strips Naked At Gtbank To Request Back His Stolen Money / How My Roommate Stole 120,000 Naira From My ATM Card And How I Caught Him / Western Union Discontinued At Gtbank Plc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Friend At GTBank Took 80,000 Naira From My Account by jpphilips(m): 2:09pm On Apr 16, 2009
[b]@ nethacker,
@Poster.What u said ur friend did was very very wrong and I don't think  it can happen in GTB oooooo.  Embarrassed Angry If it actually happened,then heads will and must roll. Can I have the name of ur friend who is a staff of GTB or ur account officer's name(I think I prefer this)?I also need ur own name too and where u opened d account(Account number not needed).Let's make someone a scape goat because "On no account should u withdraw from someone else's account without their consent and/or by virtue of u being a staff of the bank Shocked ", To me ,I don't think it's possible because he/she has to go to the Operations department(TSG) to make the withdrawal and if there's signature irregularity,she WILL NEVER  be PAID no matter how high up he/she can be.

immediately i saw this thread, i quickly rushed to the thread Abinitio that says
[color=#990000]''INTERCONTINENTAL BANK IS USELESS''

on going through that thread, i realized that about 40% of those that spoke ill of IBPLC suggested GTB

Then i ran into this thread;

'' GTB AND ARBITRARY CHARGES''
(In both cases this one inclusive), i could only deduce that the Anti-GTB posters hardly stay or produce any cogent evidence to prove their case also they are all new to the forum,

then i began to feel that there is this stealth furore between IBPLC and GTB  which they needed to embroil the sentiments of the members of the public

so nethacker watch out!!!!!

about the furore, i think GTB attacked from IBPLC's ineptitude while IBPLC is fighting so hard to throw a punch, well, both of you have my sympathies but unfortunately, i am a realist so i always have a realistic point of view;

@ poster,

u said and i quote;

what should i do because she didn't have the right to enter my account. its illegal. That means our money is not save in the bank. A whole GTB.

I think you should rephrase this;

That means our money is not save in the bank

its not OUR [/b]money but [b]YOUR money, after all, i don't know the AGBERO that is sleeping with you telling you he is a GTB staff, now you want to embroil all of us to share ur sentiments, well, you are just ASININE

let me put it to you that you don't have a bank account or perhaps, this is a new version of marketing in Naija

because as a customer, you should know the protocols that are involved before money leaves your account.

i have this vibrant account officer that always likes to impress me, any time i need money, he will prefer to bring it to me other than let me come to the bank,
but ive noticed that he cannot relinquish that cash to me unless i fill the necessary paper work which includes signing a cheque with a corresponding account signature and confirming it or signing a withdrawal slip depending on the account type

on one occasion i tried to coerce him because i was in a hurry to do it later and he said

''OGA YOU NO WANT MAKE MY SHEET BALANCE ABI YOU WANT MAKE THEY SACK ME''

Then i ask; does it mean that this your AGBERO boy friend doesn't balance his sheet?
abi he fu*k you sotee you teach am your signature, dash am your withdrawal slip or check book as the case tantamounts,

Fellow Nairalanders, cant you see that we are dealing with an animal here not a human being

about bank having access to funds in your account, i think its possible but the case ive witnessed is entirely different from this sermon you are preaching;

A friend of mine got a PO (purchase order) from a company, when he came to me for money, I introduced him to my vibrant account officer who said its not a problem only that my friend needs to open an account with them, then the bank has to do the purchase themselves,

after the purchase was done and supplied, the client company paid into the guys account he received the alert but on getting to the bank, he was advised not to tamper with the account till the officer comes back from leave

on coming back, he deducted the bank's capital, took his interest, took his personal PR which the guy promised him and left him the Rest,
Not touching the account opening balance,

My friend now came to me to complain that his account has been tampered with, then i asked him if he was thinking that the bank wont collect their money,
from my point of view, its justified

He was owing the bank and they took their money.

so please Review your case before you start RANTING[/b][/color]
Re: My Friend At GTBank Took 80,000 Naira From My Account by PurestBoy(m): 2:16pm On Apr 16, 2009
This is very wrong if true, any transaction done on your account is official and confidential and you owing him is personal
Re: My Friend At GTBank Took 80,000 Naira From My Account by OLADO(m): 2:20pm On Apr 16, 2009
First of all, thats is STEALING, in fact Grade one type. Bros make una sorry, ave you made complaint to the branch manager? if she can withdraw from your account without your assent, then that means other customers of the bank are NOT SAFE atall. All the best. By the way you can employ me as your lawyer if u want a redress in court, you can sue for damages, I CHARGE 15% OF THE DAMAGES because it is YOU.
Re: My Friend At GTBank Took 80,000 Naira From My Account by jpphilips(m): 2:40pm On Apr 16, 2009
@ purest boy

This is very wrong if true, any transaction done on your account is official and confidential and you owing him is personal

banks are the most careful institutions when it comes to cash handling, if they finance your project my dear, you cant cheat them, they have every tools to outsmart you
if you think its criminal, why take money from them?
abi you no go pay ur loan
no try banks

you can never cheat them, only that the poster is making it sound like its personal but i put it to you that the poster is lying she has never even been to A COMMUNITY BANK TALK MORE OF MICROFINANCE, GTB, or any other commercial bank remains her FANTASY

give us proof through either statements or transaction notification,

i am off to the Auto section
Re: My Friend At GTBank Took 80,000 Naira From My Account by nethacker(m): 2:45pm On Apr 16, 2009
@JJYOU and Ajengogo, No be fight my pple, I will support Ajengogo's view of the fact that transaction batches are being called over @ the close of business everyday and if such was detected,it will be reversed immediately and quickly . I was formerly in banking operations(as a paying teller)b4 moving to network support(Information Technology).All through my stay in that unit,I have never for once paid without the customer's consent and I don't think it's possible anywhere. You might have a different view and experience when u were working as a banker(I mean JJYOU), pls let's hear u.
Re: My Friend At GTBank Took 80,000 Naira From My Account by SamMilla1(m): 2:46pm On Apr 16, 2009
What she did was illegal and against the rules of the bank.
She has no right to do that.

Then you owe her and who knows how many times you told her that you dont have her money yet.

Good ridance for a bad rubbish,
although it could cost her job
Re: My Friend At GTBank Took 80,000 Naira From My Account by tpia: 2:49pm On Apr 16, 2009
Re: My Friend At GTBank Took 80,000 Naira From My Account by amaikama(m): 2:55pm On Apr 16, 2009
oh boy!!! give us d girl number make we talk to her or email address so we can hear her own part of the story.
Re: My Friend At GTBank Took 80,000 Naira From My Account by Tstark(m): 3:21pm On Apr 16, 2009
All you guys still posting on here should read JP PHILLIPS [/b]post before you make any further comments. I think he makes a valid point ,and im sure you al have noticed that the OP had not been back since she created the thread. [b]Something is very fishy about her story!
Re: My Friend At GTBank Took 80,000 Naira From My Account by walesmann: 3:23pm On Apr 16, 2009
This thread is definitely NOT true. It was just a story that was made up to generate some fun-filled debate. This would not happen in any Bank talk less GTBank.

Is the so-called friend a teller , that he/she has a function to just enter into people's accounts at will ?
Re: My Friend At GTBank Took 80,000 Naira From My Account by LIVELONG: 3:31pm On Apr 16, 2009
what happen is that your girl friend needed the money badly, or u lack manners of approach. i have same experience am owning a friend 360 thousand is a bank staff i have above that money in my account and he knows but i have begging.
Re: My Friend At GTBank Took 80,000 Naira From My Account by jpphilips(m): 3:40pm On Apr 16, 2009
@ tpia

OP

did you owe your friend or the bank itself?

If you owed the bank, then the manager has the right to hold the funds as payment on your debt. Nobody likes that but they can do it since a bank is a business and not a charitable organization.

If the loan was a personal one from your friend, then take whatever action you feel is appropriate. But ask her first why she accessed your account without your consent. Was it a joint one? Huh

you may not need a surgery to screw your brain to your skull
when i was growing up, when i read and i dont understand, i ask questions

now Ask your questions
Re: My Friend At GTBank Took 80,000 Naira From My Account by superstar1(m): 3:58pm On Apr 16, 2009
this thread never die!!!!!!!!!!!!na wa o

the poster is just trying to test her popularity and all are falling for it. if her case is genuine, why didn;t she come back to make a statement.
i am sure she is sitting down somewhere reading all the comments and laughing her hearts out for making a fool of us.

her case is totally baseless. let her post her statement of a/c here and highlight the particular day of transaction. she can also put her account number her, i ll cross check with my friends,
Re: My Friend At GTBank Took 80,000 Naira From My Account by nethacker(m): 4:01pm On Apr 16, 2009
walesmann:

This thread is definitely NOT true. It was just a story that was made up to generate some fun-filled debate. This would not happen in any Bank talk less GTBank.

Is the so-called friend a teller , that he/she has a function to just enter into people's accounts at will ?

oohh! oohhh! shocked  pls enlighten her oo tongue
Re: My Friend At GTBank Took 80,000 Naira From My Account by Seeke(f): 4:20pm On Apr 16, 2009
oladcity:

Hey this is my own question, can a bank staff make withdrawal from my account without my consent. If this is possible then how safe is our money in the bank.
If this is possible, then the person does not have to be your friend before he or she can steal your money. Bankers in the house please educate us.

@oladcity,

It's not possible to transact on a third party's account without his/her written instruction (duly signed), or an instrument endorsed by the account holder. Even then, signature verification would still be done to ascertain the authenticity of the instruction.
Re: My Friend At GTBank Took 80,000 Naira From My Account by shesco24(m): 4:24pm On Apr 16, 2009
I am off from this thread because she is just making a fool of herself by posting this topic.
Re: My Friend At GTBank Took 80,000 Naira From My Account by obihi: 4:28pm On Apr 16, 2009
[b] :o what u did as a friend is not gud, this fellow must have been asking 4 her money over some month now.i believe u guys hav had a loger head on this issue? i know u will not tel the truth.but let me tell u reporting dis guy will simply mean disgracing ur self, b/cos after the bm(branch manager) will not alloe this guy 2 loose his/her job if he actually found out tha u are owin.they can settle it at the branch level.NO SHAKING PLS TAKE THIS ADVICE B/COS IAM A STAFF OF OCEANIC[/b][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][color=#990000][/color]
Re: My Friend At GTBank Took 80,000 Naira From My Account by toosoon(m): 4:32pm On Apr 16, 2009
what? this thread is still on without proof of evidence, !!!THREAD IS NOW OFFICIALLY CLOSE!!! FULL STOP
Re: My Friend At GTBank Took 80,000 Naira From My Account by Bishop(m): 4:33pm On Apr 16, 2009
If u want to see your friend loose her job then make a formal compalints to the bank if the investigation reveals that your friend tampered with your account then she will be accused of theft ,professional misconduct and unethical practice.if her office is kind enoug they will relieve her of her job simple if not they might charge her to court.

it is a criminal case and it is liable to some small years in prison.chikena
Re: My Friend At GTBank Took 80,000 Naira From My Account by shesco24(m): 4:36pm On Apr 16, 2009
I tire for una oh, Has any of you seen the evidence of this posting?, or if i may say the reply of this poster that pasted this topic here?, Please why not stop making mockery of yourselves and find another topics jare.
Re: My Friend At GTBank Took 80,000 Naira From My Account by omoolayem(m): 4:40pm On Apr 16, 2009
Ow did her make the withdrawer from ur account through intenet banking or ATM,or Withdrawer  from the bank we need it to know guy?

Cheers.
Re: My Friend At GTBank Took 80,000 Naira From My Account by shesco24(m): 4:47pm On Apr 16, 2009
Thats the problem now. The person in question will never reply to all these postings. Thats the problem.
Re: My Friend At GTBank Took 80,000 Naira From My Account by Honda29: 4:54pm On Apr 16, 2009
The poster has succeeded in taking you guys on a wild goose chase. Stuffs happens in Nigerian banks but not this type. The so-called friend cannot risk her/his job because of N80,000 because there was no away she/he was going to get away with it without being detected. Once detected, the penalty would be summary dismissal. This thread, as someone rightly pointed out, was started by someone with the aim of tarnishing the image of GTB. The attempt is too cheap though.
Re: My Friend At GTBank Took 80,000 Naira From My Account by factbox(f): 5:08pm On Apr 16, 2009
shocked shocked shocked what ur friend did was quite bad but believe me u would have pushed her to do that,now u see when you try to outsmart people you end up out smarting urself sorry about this but u tend to be greedy,this serves as a lesson to u. refleeeect
Re: My Friend At GTBank Took 80,000 Naira From My Account by pushkin(f): 5:44pm On Apr 16, 2009
first of all it was not yet time for me to pay back and she knew it. she happens to be my account officer and the branch manager on the mainland. she told me that she used internet banking to get the money transferred from my current account. I was supposed to pay her back next month and guess what i owed her only 65,000 naira.
Re: My Friend At GTBank Took 80,000 Naira From My Account by pushkin(f): 5:54pm On Apr 16, 2009
This story is so true. the account officer is a very close friend of mine. so she thought that i would easily push it aside and warn her never to do it again. i will never lie with this. infact this is my first time of posting a topic. i had to see a lawyer and was told to sue the bank but my friend will loose her job and career she had built with the bank.
i even recorded our conversion on my phone of me asking her why she did it. cry
Re: My Friend At GTBank Took 80,000 Naira From My Account by toosoon(m): 5:59pm On Apr 16, 2009
pushkin,
don't come back here with unnecessary stories, post the evidence period!!!
Re: My Friend At GTBank Took 80,000 Naira From My Account by amaikama(m): 6:09pm On Apr 16, 2009
dont u all think its high time this thread die a natural death cry
Re: My Friend At GTBank Took 80,000 Naira From My Account by superstar1(m): 6:11pm On Apr 16, 2009
@ pushkin

kindly post ur a/c number, i will definately cross check with my friends, if it is true i will definately collaborate ur stories.

come to think of it, i use the internet bankng of the same bank, the password is usually mailed to ur personal mailbox, this is not like a PIN for ur ATM u will pick at the branches. How come your friend has access to it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is either u divulge ur confidential info to ur friend (in which case u must be stupid and daft) or ur friend connived with the IT dept to retrieve ur password. But if IT dept will connive it is definately not on a paltry sum of 80K. don't think all of us are dunce and we don;t know ehat is obtaibale.

the breach of ur confidentiality is between you and your friend. the bank is not liable in a way.go to the best lawyer, u will lose the case till thy kingdom come except ur lawyer wants to collect another 80k from u!!!!!!!!!!!hahahahahhahaha

if u cant post any evidence forever and ever keep quite and stop being a hapless debtor without integrity!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: My Friend At GTBank Took 80,000 Naira From My Account by toosoon(m): 6:14pm On Apr 16, 2009
Internet banking transaction cannot be completed without a password, by token or a password will be sent to ur email for confirmation, thereafter you will use it to complete the transaction!!! So if you let loose your password to your friend and you want to use that to sue GTbank, you are very funny. You better go change ur password and collect ur balance from your friend and forever remain silent on this issue. Thank You
Re: My Friend At GTBank Took 80,000 Naira From My Account by pushkin(f): 6:19pm On Apr 16, 2009
i cant reveal her identity cos she will be in trouble. all i wanted was to her all ur views. showing you the evidence will definitely put her in trouble. i av an sms and email add from GTB stating that i redrew money. i trusted her so much. fine lets end it if yall dont believe but enuf of saying nasty things.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigeria-china Currency Swap, Commendable, But Requires Caution -NANTS / 9 Nigerian Banks Make Top 1000 World Banks Ranking / Mitsubishi And Under 40 CEOs Set To Launch "Drive Your Ambition 2"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.