Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,738 members, 7,817,035 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:08 AM

My Friend At GTBank Took 80,000 Naira From My Account - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / My Friend At GTBank Took 80,000 Naira From My Account (11671 Views)

Angry Nigerian Man Strips Naked At Gtbank To Request Back His Stolen Money / How My Roommate Stole 120,000 Naira From My ATM Card And How I Caught Him / Western Union Discontinued At Gtbank Plc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Friend At GTBank Took 80,000 Naira From My Account by toosoon(m): 6:28pm On Apr 16, 2009
pushkin:

i cant reveal her identity cos she will be in trouble. all i wanted was to her all ur views. showing you the evidence will definitely put her in trouble. i av an sms and email add from GTB stating that i redrew money. i trusted her so much. fine lets end it if yall dont believe but enuf of saying nasty things.

thanks for your understanding!!!END OF STORY!!!
Re: My Friend At GTBank Took 80,000 Naira From My Account by Goldstar(m): 7:05pm On Apr 16, 2009
For those who have never experienced this kind of situation before will most likely say all sorts of things. Yes, it is wrong to debit someone's account without the authorisation of the account holder. But how do you describe a situation in which you borrowed someone who calls himself your best friend part of the money you wanted to use to pay your house rent and your so called best friend refuses to pay back. Not because he didnot have the money but he just refused to pay back and you are right there staring at huge sum of money in his account. IT IS WICKEDNESS.

The situation above was what i faced. I borrowed my friend the sum of N250,000 for an urgent need. I told him the money was meant for the payment of my house rent which expired in January 2009 and he promised to pay in a month's time. the money was actually given to him in October 2008. When the date for repayment came,, he began to avoid me till february when i ran out of patience. The irony of the whole issue is that his account is domiciled with my bank and everyday, i watch huge amount starked in his account and yet he refused to pay me back, knowing fully well, that my house rent was already due for payment. He refused to pick my calls, whenever i visit him, they will tell me he's not around.

I got so much frustrated that i told my operations manager who advised me on what to do. the luck i had was that the money i borrowed him was credited to his account by me. The operations manager sympathised with me and carefully gave it a thought. He later told me how to go about it. In short, his account was debited outrightly without his approval or authorisation (though, i had to write to the branch management who authorised the debit into his account).

He later went to his branch to complain but was told that the 250,000 initially credited to his account in october was reversed and described as a wrong transaction. He couldnt utter a word.

Human beings could be terrible at times. The writer has not given the details of the situation, he has not told us how many times his friend called to plead with him to pay back, he has not told us what he told his friend when he was about borrowing the money. Now, that his friend has debited his account, he is alerting the whole world. THAT IS WHAT I CALL BETRAYAL AND WICKEDNESS.
Re: My Friend At GTBank Took 80,000 Naira From My Account by Nobody: 7:13pm On Apr 16, 2009
@Topic.
Funny tale!! tongue
Re: My Friend At GTBank Took 80,000 Naira From My Account by cashrules(m): 7:32pm On Apr 16, 2009
one of my friend told me about her sister wanting to die for a yahoo boy and she dont wanna move with anyone than a yahoo boy.,, shey wey be big boy but no yahoo fit get woman at this jet age, abeg wetin we go dooooo shocked undecided embarassed
Re: My Friend At GTBank Took 80,000 Naira From My Account by platinumnk(f): 7:34pm On Apr 16, 2009
what de hell is a yahoo boy?
Re: My Friend At GTBank Took 80,000 Naira From My Account by aieromon(m): 7:42pm On Apr 16, 2009
@poster
You must be very wicked not to have paid back your debt when indeed the funds were available.she must have exhausted all forms of appeal to you before she went ahead to withdraw her dues.
Moral of the story-never owe a banker money especially when you've got doe in the bank he/she works. tongue
Re: My Friend At GTBank Took 80,000 Naira From My Account by pushkin(f): 9:30pm On Apr 16, 2009
why are some people illiterates. i said i was supposed to pay next month that was the agreement and she also ended up taking more than the money owed. when all she needed to do was to tell me that she needed the money b4 the date and i would av given her. she knew it was not yet the date of collection that was why she didnt tell me. and i never signed up for online banking that was what is surprising to me. how did the online banking come about? i never signed up.
Re: My Friend At GTBank Took 80,000 Naira From My Account by carlosikem(m): 9:41pm On Apr 16, 2009
TRY AND CALL HIS ATTENTION AND THEN REASON WITH HIM.

IF NOT PLEASE DON'T MAKE CASE COS YOU WILL LOOSE.

ONCE HE HAS TAKEN THE MONEY HE IS OWING THEN LEAVE HIM.

HE WONT GO FURTHER IN DOING ANY TIN IN UR ACCOUNT.
Re: My Friend At GTBank Took 80,000 Naira From My Account by pushkin(f): 9:53pm On Apr 16, 2009
my dear i can neva lose cos i av his recorded phone conversation of how she entered my acc and took money without my knowledge.
Re: My Friend At GTBank Took 80,000 Naira From My Account by soloqy: 10:20pm On Apr 16, 2009
pushkin:

my dear i can neva lose cos[b] i av his[/b] recorded phone conversation of how[b] she [/b]entered my acc and took money without my knowledge.

Is it a she or a he that you are talking about? I am amazed as to how this can happen. Maybe the person wanted to tell you this so that you can pay up or something.

Sometimes , I have a torrid time collecting my own money from banks due to issues like irregular signature. My issued cheques sometimes also gives the holders stress for the same reason. How did she get hold of your signature, password or whatever?
Re: My Friend At GTBank Took 80,000 Naira From My Account by shesco24(m): 10:56pm On Apr 16, 2009
Thank you sology, how did he gets to know your signature or pin or whatever means he might have use.
Re: My Friend At GTBank Took 80,000 Naira From My Account by Honda29: 11:47pm On Apr 16, 2009
A debtor has the right to prioritise her debt. A reasonable debtor whose house rent is about to fall due, for example, will first set aside money for her rent and then defer settlement of other creditors if she doesnt have enough money to pay the rent and the creditors at once. It doesnt make sense to settle a bill with your last dough without making provision for emergencies.
Re: My Friend At GTBank Took 80,000 Naira From My Account by sikiru4me: 1:12am On Apr 17, 2009
Why did u refuse to pay back in the first place when u have the money heavily loaded in ur account,infact that is a breach of contract if i may use that language.Anyway take it in good faith that u have paid him back the money and in no account should u report the matter to the bank authority because they were not there when both of u made the agreement.u shouldm also be happy that ur said friend collected ONLY N80,000 from ur account and not N200,000 at least or everything inorder to close it because of ur wickednesss
[color=#000099][/color].
Re: My Friend At GTBank Took 80,000 Naira From My Account by switch47(m): 7:41am On Apr 17, 2009
DUMB DUMB DUMB REPLIES??! shocked Many have failed to even read the post-----AMOUNT OWED IS 65,000 !!

Well point is HOW DID YOU KNOW SHE WAS THE ONE WHO WITHDREW THE MONEY?? (She is just a suspect)

OPTION!!- Walk into your GTB Branch and file a serious complaint that you money is missing! withdrawn by an unknown person. if nothing is done about that------contact me!! I WILL PERSONALY TAKE UP YOUR CASE!! Vs GTB

NOTE- it is both criminal and unethical for any Bank employee to withdraw a clients money without his/her consent. imagine an Bank employee withdrawing =N= 5 Naira from 10000 different accounts how much is the total monthly?? and client wont even notice this even @50 naira/account it is serious fraud/theft!!

[s]your friends favourite colour must be BLUE[/s]
Re: My Friend At GTBank Took 80,000 Naira From My Account by oladcity(m): 7:44am On Apr 17, 2009
I observe that most people answering to this thread have refused to either listen or understand what the poster is saying.
Secondly, most of us are very quick to judge because we are running on emotions.
Thirdly, most of us don't have the moral sense to acknowledge two wrongs at a time, we will rather accept that two wrongs make a right.

@seeke
Thanks for answering my question
Re: My Friend At GTBank Took 80,000 Naira From My Account by jpphilips(m): 8:58am On Apr 17, 2009
[b]@ Poster

don't you think that you could have drawn more sympathy if you had let the topic

to be ;

[color=#990000]My Friend Took 80,000 Naira From My Account

other than

My Friend At GTBank Took 80,000 Naira From My Account

why was it so pertinent to embroil GTB?

is this thread about the theft or about GTB?

do you think that if your friend was working for another bank that it could have deterred her from perpetrating her demeanable acts?

or you want everybody to panic and go and withdraw their funds from GTB thinking it is not secure?

let me teach you something you dumb head, next time you want to win empathy,

do not be parochial in laying out your facts in other words, i will like you to broaden your horizon to issues,

in your deepest reasoning, you want to create a scandal and you start thus;

ladies and gentlemen i was fu**g an AGBERO on suit who claimed to be working in so so so bank, in the process, i started speaking in tongues because the f**k was so good right then, i confessed my ATM pin, internet password and my account signature

now that my money is stolen, i want to sue the bank,

my dear, after listening to your sermon i will just ask;

ARE YOU COL. BINGO FROM THE ANIMAL KINGDOM?[/b][/color]
Re: My Friend At GTBank Took 80,000 Naira From My Account by nethacker(m): 9:35am On Apr 17, 2009
pushkin:

my dear i can neva lose cos i av his recorded phone conversation of how she entered my acc and took money without my knowledge.
@pushkin, Please can i have ur number i need to talk to u pleeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaasssssssssseeeeeeeeee grin
@phillips, O boy no kill pple for here oo with ur grammar, i don die for here grin grin grin
Re: My Friend At GTBank Took 80,000 Naira From My Account by emmydee(m): 10:15am On Apr 17, 2009
It's absolutely unethical for her to conduct any form of transaction in your account without your knowledge. Be that as it may, since she's your friend, u may decide to lie low and ask her to put back the balance.Otherwise, sue the fucking Gtb. this is my verdict.
Re: My Friend At GTBank Took 80,000 Naira From My Account by emmydee(m): 10:24am On Apr 17, 2009
@ JP PHILIPS

She's right to have mentioned GTB. Am sure every firm has standard ethics that govern their operations. If she had not mentioned GTB, am very sure a lot ppl would have been asking the 'which bank' question.
Re: My Friend At GTBank Took 80,000 Naira From My Account by Iranoladun(f): 10:37am On Apr 17, 2009
@JP Phillips I'm amazed at your choice of abusive and indecorous words that you are hurling at the Poster.  

How did you know that the story is not true?Why are you recommending to the Poster to leave out GTB from the post when according to him the lady works and is a branch Manager at GTB (Mainland)?  If you don't have any advice or contribution why don't you just keep quiet? Why the abuse in a bid to defend your darling bank (GTB)?   angry

For your information I am a big fan of GTB but do realize that no one is perfect and no technology/system is 100% fool-proof (including GTB staff and systems) so I won't defend them blindly if there is an allegation of wrongdoing against the bank of any of their staff.  
I rather support all the contributors who were asking for clarification or proof for this incidence.  I do realize that if the story is true this forum may not be the right channel to reveal the poster true identity, her friend's name (who works in GTB) and the evidence(s).  If he does release any of the above I can guarantee that the GTB staff in question will be suspended immediately and subsequently fire if the allegation were proven.  GTB is not a yeye bank, they valued their reputation and banking ethics.

@Poster Irrespective of the amount you owed her or the balance in your account what your friend did is a CRIMINAL ACT pure & simple which may cause her, her job, career and land her in jail. undecided

I advise you to meet with your 'friend' and confront her with the options that you have since the amount you owe her is N65,000 and it was not yet due for payment before she tampered with your account to withdrawn N80,000.

1. reporting officially to the Bank on the alleged fraud and her involvement based on her confession that you have recorded
2. Legal redress, lawyer, reporting to Special Fraud Unit of Nigerian Police, EFCC etc
3. reporting her to a professional body of which she's a member e.g. CIBN, ICAN etc

If she return your money to your account without any hassle then don't take any of the above action but move your account from her branch with a stern warning that you will take it as a criminal case in future.
Re: My Friend At GTBank Took 80,000 Naira From My Account by oladcity(m): 11:10am On Apr 17, 2009
@ iranoladun
sincerely this is an objective contribution
Re: My Friend At GTBank Took 80,000 Naira From My Account by superstar1(m): 1:10pm On Apr 17, 2009
this thread is either getting more interesting or dumber!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

can we pls ask some salient questions here.to me, the poster did not tell us the truth of this whole transaction or fraud (woteva).

the poster said she never requested for internet banking, how come your account was profiled on internet banking? was the password not meant to be sent to the customer's email address? Is it in a spate of 1month that your friend will quickly think of profiling the poster;s a/c on internet banking just for the purpose of taking 80k when there are other a/cs where she can take millions if it was that easy.pls i beg,spare me!!!!!!!!!!!!!

At this rate i am begining to think both of u are running a joint a/c of sort or you are just being economical with the truth!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Like i said ealier on, the poster cannot take all of us for a ride, she just wanted a sensational story.I am repeating again for the umpteen time, kindly post ur a/c number and i will cross check wit my friends in GTBank, if it is true, i will come to the thread and declare so.

Stop taking us for a jolly ride, i refuse to chop ur falacy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: My Friend At GTBank Took 80,000 Naira From My Account by hackney(m): 2:56pm On Apr 17, 2009
All these people wey dey owe money with no intention of paying back.
u get luck she no clear your stupid account. angry angry
If na me wey be say i dey see say u get money for bank wey i dey work but you know wan pay, hia!!
Ur account go disappear with no trace at all!!
We go then see who be monkey wey im own na to work.
Re: My Friend At GTBank Took 80,000 Naira From My Account by JJYOU: 4:37pm On Apr 17, 2009
nethacker:

@pushkin, Please can i have ur number i need to talk to u pleeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaasssssssssseeeeeeeeee grin
@phillips, O boy no kill pple for here oo with ur grammar, i don die for here grin grin grin
nethacker (m)
Lagos

Re: My Friend At GTBank Took 80,000 Naira From My Account
« #68 on: Yesterday at 02:45:53 PM »

@JJYOU and Ajengogo, No be fight my pple, I will support Ajengogo's view of the fact that transaction batches are being called over @ the close of business everyday and if such was detected,it will be reversed immediately and quickly . I was formerly in banking operations(as a paying teller)b4 moving to network support(Information Technology).All through my stay in that unit,I have never for once paid without the customer's consent and I don't think it's possible anywhere. You might have a different view and experience when u were working as a banker(I mean JJYOU), pls let's hear u.
o boy i no fit argue with you. even in rural branches of nigeria where u have time on your hands to play with i dont think you bring out signature cards to cross check during call overs. all you do in call over is checking figures and account numbers.
call overs are more carefully done when there are differences in your books not when the books are balanced spot on. if all frauds are discovered during call overs why are we having the high levels of frauds undetected today?

how does a call over person detect a debit was not supposed to go into an account if all the instruments/ entries were rightly drawn and probably some officers verified the signature earlier?

please tell me i am wrong that you [b]now [/b]verify signatures during call overs in nigeria.
Re: My Friend At GTBank Took 80,000 Naira From My Account by superstar1(m): 4:44pm On Apr 17, 2009
@JJYOU

this is a digression. lets handle the issue at hand.
if we are being objective, lets ask the poster to tell the detailed story and not the edited remix.
you were spot on the call over issue in relation to fraud detection!!!!!!!!!!!!!

like i said, lets unify to ask the poster to give us the full gist and not piece of info.
Re: My Friend At GTBank Took 80,000 Naira From My Account by jpphilips(m): 5:25pm On Apr 17, 2009
@ Emmydee

She's right to have mentioned GTB. Am sure every firm has standard ethics that govern their operations. If she had not mentioned GTB, am very sure a lot ppl would have been asking  the 'which bank' question.

i quite agree with you but she musn't act prematurely, cant she wait for the freaking question to be asked before singing her hymn if she hasn't an ulterior motive

@Iranoladun

this one you share your first name with iran hope your surname is not Ahmadinejad lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

i can quickly guess the middle eastern  weather is not the best for your brain grin grin grin

anyways, you said and i quote;

I'm amazed at your choice of abusive and indecorous words that you are hurling at the Poster.   Huh Huh Huh

How do you define decorum?

a shameless, fabricative Swine that nurses the temerity to breach a contract with a friend and has the unbridled  impetus to say it in a public forum

perhaps , you didn't catch my nuance the poster is an ANIMAL and should be treated as one.

the 65k issue and time factor just came up as people began to slam her, so, she  covertly painted the story to attract sympathizers like you

if it were you, amongst all your customers, that are gullible to loot, you will look for the one with account balance  65,001.22

i will not be mistaken to say that you didn't read this before putting up a line of defense for your Hussy friend

[b]
immediately i saw this thread, i quickly rushed to the thread Abinitio that says
                ''INTERCONTINENTAL BANK IS USELESS''

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-245502.256.html

on going through that thread, i realized that about 40% of those that spoke ill of IBPLC suggested GTB

Then i ran into this thread;

'' GTB AND ARBITRARY CHARGES''
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-261244.32.html
(In both cases this one inclusive), i could only deduce that the Anti-GTB posters hardly stay or produce any cogent evidence to prove their case also they are all new to the forum,

then i began to feel that there is this stealth furore between IBPLC and GTB  which they needed to embroil the sentiments of the members of the public

so nethacker watch out!!!!!

about the furore, i think GTB attacked from IBPLC's ineptitude while IBPLC is fighting so hard to throw a punch, well, both of you have my sympathies but unfortunately, i am a realist so i always have a realistic point of view;

[/b]

because if you did with a pinch of ''comprender', you wouldn't need anybody to tell you the genesis to Revelation of this scam

DON'T BE FOOLED
Re: My Friend At GTBank Took 80,000 Naira From My Account by speeddater: 5:29pm On Apr 17, 2009
madam, all of my life saving is in GTBank, u had better not run down the bank with your mouth. I guess its not working anyway cause people dont believe ur story.

Do you know how much a branch manager earns? millions! and u want such a person to jeopardise his/her career for 65k?

and beside if u have over 80k in ur account y did u borrow 65K form her?

U story is full of hole. Go back and cook a better one.
Re: My Friend At GTBank Took 80,000 Naira From My Account by nethacker(m): 6:02pm On Apr 17, 2009
speeddater:

madam, all of my life saving is in GTBank, u had better not run down the bank with your mouth. I guess its not working anyway cause people dont believe ur story.

Do you know how much a branch manager earns? millions! and u want such a person to jeopardise his/her career for 65k?

and beside if u have over 80k in ur account y did u borrow 65K form her?

U story is full of hole. Go back and cook a better one.
grin
Sensible talk, I like u jare

@phillips, grin shocked o boy ur utterances were completely beyond my comprehension and also outbound the scope of my understanding.pls come down to my level abeg, i don faint for here grin grin no vex which course u study for school sef? grin tongue

@JJYOU, U still don't get my point. I said that before u can withdraw from an account in GTB(even ur personal acct),u must tender an instrument(a duly signed instrument by the acct holder) after which the signature on the said instrument will be verified online realtime immediately without the consent of d person dat presents d instrument.
Now, if the signature on the instrument differs from wat is on our database(the one registered against ur name n pix),the transaction will be cancelled outrightly n cash will not be dispensed or given to d person.
So pls lets join hands together to find out how that transaction was possible rather than use abusive words on one another cos d transaction in question was not internet based.
Or wat do u think? u might have a different view let's hear it wink
Re: My Friend At GTBank Took 80,000 Naira From My Account by shostar: 7:10pm On Apr 17, 2009
@ Poster,
Did I hear you say thru online(internet) banking? Your friend does not need to be a bank staff to do that,it simply means you reveal your password to him/her. and why must u do that? trust?
Re: My Friend At GTBank Took 80,000 Naira From My Account by Tonynwosa: 11:51pm On Apr 17, 2009
reporting to the bank or not depends on the terms of contract you agreed to when you were borrowing 65k from her.
why she decided to risk her job and steal 80k not even the 65k that you owe her is really annoying.bluff that you'll report her to get your balance, afterwards my brother change your bank.you don't want that kind of person knowing how much you have or managing your money.
Re: My Friend At GTBank Took 80,000 Naira From My Account by Druss(m): 10:55am On Apr 18, 2009
Report her. She has acted unprofessionally and is a thief.
Re: My Friend At GTBank Took 80,000 Naira From My Account by Druss(m): 10:57am On Apr 18, 2009
Iranoladun has said all I need to say and I agree with her. Your friend has not acted wisely. She has brought the bank and herself into disrepute!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Can One Be An Indomie Noodles Distributor In Lagos / 9 Nigerian Banks Make Top 1000 World Banks Ranking / Nigeria-china Currency Swap, Commendable, But Requires Caution -NANTS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.