Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,580 members, 7,812,898 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:37 PM

Buhari Attending UN Assembly With Nigeria’s Slimmest Delegation In Decades. - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Attending UN Assembly With Nigeria’s Slimmest Delegation In Decades. (36745 Views)

Al-jazeera On President Buhari's Speech At UN Assembly / Abuja Residents Storm National Assembly With Lamps Over Lack Of Power Supply / Kayode Ogundamisi On Buhari Attending United Nation General Assembly With Family (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Attending UN Assembly With Nigeria’s Slimmest Delegation In Decades. by Nobody: 7:54am On Sep 24, 2015
tenry:
Lol Mr Modern governance, olodo rabata!
Iti mpataka .
Re: Buhari Attending UN Assembly With Nigeria’s Slimmest Delegation In Decades. by tenry(m): 7:57am On Sep 24, 2015
jcmaiah:

Iti mpataka .
Oga answer my question, what is modern governance? How is it being run? What are the components? I swear, if you can answer this question satisfactorily, I will become your friend!
Re: Buhari Attending UN Assembly With Nigeria’s Slimmest Delegation In Decades. by sirxbit(m): 7:57am On Sep 24, 2015
modelmike7:
...... You've said it all my brother! Just imagine another 4 years with these sets of corrupt souls! Simply Unimaginable!!!
if dat had hapened then nigeria would have been missing 4rm d world map b4 d end of dat 4 yrs
Re: Buhari Attending UN Assembly With Nigeria’s Slimmest Delegation In Decades. by ayindejimmy(m): 7:57am On Sep 24, 2015
jogsman01:
and how much is to be paid to each delegate? until den, let the war rest

as if him go get medal for SLIMFITTING....... Mtscheeeww

Bad belle
Re: Buhari Attending UN Assembly With Nigeria’s Slimmest Delegation In Decades. by jogsman01(m): 7:58am On Sep 24, 2015
Tintinnoty:

I pray you're heal of your hatered
cos is gradually killing you
you wan make i swear for u in spirit, abi....? take ur time nd correct ur spelling mistake
Re: Buhari Attending UN Assembly With Nigeria’s Slimmest Delegation In Decades. by yemmynoni: 7:58am On Sep 24, 2015
stickncarrot:

I wish Buhari is prepared, by now, he would have had his ministers. Saharareporters have successfully listed his entourage and haven't said that he is attending the UN General Assembly with any plan for Nigeria.

and what is the plan of GEJ when he visited
Re: Buhari Attending UN Assembly With Nigeria’s Slimmest Delegation In Decades. by jogsman01(m): 7:58am On Sep 24, 2015
ayindejimmy:

Bad belle
bad MOUTH
Re: Buhari Attending UN Assembly With Nigeria’s Slimmest Delegation In Decades. by talktimi(m): 8:00am On Sep 24, 2015
trillville:

[s]Is it only Nigeria that is suffering economic hardships?

What is happening to Brazil, Russia and China. Even South Africa and Ghana are also suffering. The developed western countries are about to start suffering. The middle eastern countries are currently suffering.

Did Buhari's lack of an economic team cause this hardship going on in these countries? [/s]
stinking hypocrisy. All those countries you called have measures/policies in place to mitigate crisis while the giant of Africa is operating via "body language" besides point out one of those countries that lost roughly half a trillion naira carelessly (in their currency) within three months is it Brazils president gallivanting without ministers for months plunging the country into dire straits. Please don't defend the indefensible, your country is messed up now and sugar coating the issues won't make them go away.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Attending UN Assembly With Nigeria’s Slimmest Delegation In Decades. by ruggedtimi(m): 8:02am On Sep 24, 2015
but why on earth will goodluck travel with 140 delegates...na dem they sweep the venue for mrning?
Re: Buhari Attending UN Assembly With Nigeria’s Slimmest Delegation In Decades. by Gbawe: 8:03am On Sep 24, 2015
rusher14:

[b]
Certainly, you have heard of the word prudence before.

Prudence is a managerial trait of the disciplined.

It fosters growth and actualises plans as the wherewithal to see them through would be available when needed.

I don't have to go into how doing the opposite damages any establishment.

Anybody can criticize anything. even the fact that you've woken up from your sleep today, but of what use is the criticism if it is only to spite?

One should applaud a leader who shows prudence in government.

Honestly speaking and this is my personal opinion, I think we got this President 4 years later than we needed him.

He could have managed the resources better during a period which was truly an oil-boom era.

It's sad to know that for the purpose of partisanship and tribal sentiments people put aside the true issues at stake with the purpose of distracting and sabotaging a nation that is also theirs.

We are all citizens of this nation and have a stake one way or the other.

Elections are over and being bitter over the results should be forgone.

The politicians have succeeded in dividing and terrorising the psyche of the citizens and they are cashing your unhappiness to the bank.

I think it's time for people to stop being bitter and help promote a genuine change. [/b]

What a lovely, articulate and intelligent post. I have to say posters like you are rare around here. What you said about how we could have done with the prudent, disciplined and ascetic Buhari four years ago, so he could have transformed Nigeria in an oil boom period, is solid gold. I doff my hat to you because you write in a way that shows you are one of those who truly know what is going on.

One chap above said the economy has never been this bad, as if this is Buhari's fault, but he conveniently forget Jonathan and the PDP, over 16 years, got us here mainly by (1) gross corruption and looting of State coffers which seriously impoverished Nigeria (2) total neglect of the SME sector which is the lifeblood of the biggest and best economies worldwide (3) failure to diversify the Nigerian economy so it would be robust and not completely susceptible to falling oil price (4) the highly irresponsible failure to put buffers and rainy day savings in place throughout a 5 year presidency where oil sold consistently at over $100.00 per barrel compared to today when oil is selling for $44.76 per barrel (5) institutional decay which GEJ took perverse joy in supervising (6) alarming leadership irresponsibility, corruption and incompetence which allowed insecurity/terrorism to grow to be the norm in Nigeria (infrastructural neglect etc, etc, etc, etc. To be honest Nigerians should pity Buhari and the tasks he faces. I don't think I need to tell intelligent and informed posters what the fate of GEJ would be if he were Chinese.
Re: Buhari Attending UN Assembly With Nigeria’s Slimmest Delegation In Decades. by barcaboi(m): 8:03am On Sep 24, 2015
Ikology:
Lies from pit of hell!!!! The same sharia reporters that lied that GEJ travels with 600 entourage? Boooo.harrii
even GEJs man confirmed the story was true and they needed to cut down their delegates early this year or so. ...so where u see the lie
Re: Buhari Attending UN Assembly With Nigeria’s Slimmest Delegation In Decades. by ayindejimmy(m): 8:03am On Sep 24, 2015
jogsman01:
bad MOUTH
LOL!
4 yrs is a long period o!
Re: Buhari Attending UN Assembly With Nigeria’s Slimmest Delegation In Decades. by Kidstell: 8:04am On Sep 24, 2015
Gbawe:

The president is expected to return to Nigeria on May 29 in time for Nigeria’s Independence Day celebrations on October 1.

pls correct this
Re: Buhari Attending UN Assembly With Nigeria’s Slimmest Delegation In Decades. by barcaboi(m): 8:05am On Sep 24, 2015
hotgunz:
shut up dere abeg
u attack people when u have no point
Re: Buhari Attending UN Assembly With Nigeria’s Slimmest Delegation In Decades. by Hope15: 8:06am On Sep 24, 2015
In this scenario, the only group that will be upset with PMB are New York hoteliers, and the wailers!
Re: Buhari Attending UN Assembly With Nigeria’s Slimmest Delegation In Decades. by ShowYourCertificate: 8:07am On Sep 24, 2015
989900:

In the immediate past admin, I can only 'vouch' for the minister of agric, who else can you vouch for?

Yes, we need ministers, but not the same type of ministers like we've been having from way back.
I would rather no minister, than the likes of Diezani.
Keep remaining ministerless in your quest for who to vouch for while our economy is on a continuous decline. Whether you like it or not, the economy under Jonathan is still better than that of Buhari. The CBN has even alerted us of the impending recession.
Re: Buhari Attending UN Assembly With Nigeria’s Slimmest Delegation In Decades. by yemmynoni: 8:08am On Sep 24, 2015
eph12:
May 29 ke? How I wish he is going there with real technocrats and not politicians.
I know say you go see that may 29
Re: Buhari Attending UN Assembly With Nigeria’s Slimmest Delegation In Decades. by barcaboi(m): 8:09am On Sep 24, 2015
anonimi:

PROPAGANDA stories for the gullible as usual.
Giving bailouts to prodigal state governors who have still NOT paid owed salaries & pensions is NOT reducing cost but rather promoting CORRUPTION.

Has Buhari used his fearful body language abi na body odour to reduce payments to SINators & representaTHIEVES who are majority APCheat

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2525077_nationalassebly_jpeg71d66f931a1a7ec6df0b899a793ef6b6

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2528508_political20catoon_jpeg388939f5abe0d6aa488640afd36eb164

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2529977_nass_jpeg20217b4f045ab12789674b258da46f96
do u realise even pdp states got bail outs? Will Buhari be the one to cut NASS allowance or the lawmakers themselves?....no sentiments, just issues
Re: Buhari Attending UN Assembly With Nigeria’s Slimmest Delegation In Decades. by barcaboi(m): 8:11am On Sep 24, 2015
prosperbiafra:
Wetin. Concern me in this zoo called Nigeria ..... I am a biafran [right][/right]
sorry 2 burst yr bubbles....this is NAIRAland.....why not open Biafraland......na pple like u dey always make pple jam talk abt ibos.....Biafra can be achieved tho but with diplomacy
Re: Buhari Attending UN Assembly With Nigeria’s Slimmest Delegation In Decades. by barcaboi(m): 8:13am On Sep 24, 2015
lanreokoro:
. taking Ekiti for a ride His adminstration is better that of Fayemi/APC...am not sure u stay in Ekiti..
infrastructure wise or what?
Re: Buhari Attending UN Assembly With Nigeria’s Slimmest Delegation In Decades. by jogsman01(m): 8:14am On Sep 24, 2015
ayindejimmy:

LOL!

4 yrs is a long period o!
its just like taking 4 steps now. but bros, i no be supporter of any of this thieves. my eyes are also not closed to see dat these pple are not for d masses. i hope BUHARI's 22 delegates includes his security details
Re: Buhari Attending UN Assembly With Nigeria’s Slimmest Delegation In Decades. by Olaxtra: 8:14am On Sep 24, 2015
talktimi:
So should I start scratching my bálls or what ? Boko haram has killed hundreds of people this week, Nigeria has lost 410 billion naira so far in the capital market and 73,000 people have lost their jobs in the construction sector alone in 3 months, our currency is in a catastrophic nosedive, Fulani herdsmen are conducing a free unstoppable genocide in the north central and crime wave is on the increase yet a dimwit wants us to celebrate slim entourage as dividend of democracy. You people should keep clowning around in your delusions grin

Yes I am a WAILING WAILER

Can you also give summary from thy previous gov't.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Attending UN Assembly With Nigeria’s Slimmest Delegation In Decades. by whizpa(m): 8:21am On Sep 24, 2015
PMB claims to have 30million in his account. He has over 100million worth of cars. Has a house in Port Harcourt that he can't locate.. What??!!! And then some die hard 'Advocates of change' can't read between the lines. People please, take a second to think about it. No bias at all. how does cutting delegates improve livelihood in Nigeria? How does it improve Nigeria's current financial situation? No doubt, cutting delegates is sort of the way forward, but not over the top. Nothing special. So don't come up in here to act like he has saved lives. Buhari is no longer an APC presidential candidate. He's the president of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. He's our president. So, i don't understand why the APC community are always over-hyping, over assessing, over emphasizing and over digressing a stale matter. .. So, pipe down.. You'll be the 1st to know when he does something special.

Mind you, I'm not a PDP fan. Just one angry Muthafreckker who wants change as much as the next man.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Attending UN Assembly With Nigeria’s Slimmest Delegation In Decades. by abimic(m): 8:21am On Sep 24, 2015
stickncarrot:

I wish Buhari is prepared, by now, he would have had his ministers. Saharareporters have successfully listed his entourage and haven't said that he is attending the UN General Assembly with any plan for Nigeria.

Yes, you're correct. Having contested elections for more than 3 times meant He should have had his plans and people he planned to work with, hence the need to hit the ground running. But, don't be quick to forget that, this platform is a different party entirely, the need to carry folks that sweated for him across party divide to produce APC is paramount. In the fullness of time, he will name his ministers but still, I can hit my chest to prove that buhari would do well than GEJ. Worst of buhari would be better than the best of GEJ, so PMB has got more than 2yrs to himself, let's give him the benefits of doubt.
Re: Buhari Attending UN Assembly With Nigeria’s Slimmest Delegation In Decades. by Fearcom(m): 8:24am On Sep 24, 2015
prosperbiafra:
Wetin. Concern me in this zoo called Nigeria ..... I am a biafran [right][/right]

Really? Well, this is NAIRALAND, not BIAFRALAND
Re: Buhari Attending UN Assembly With Nigeria’s Slimmest Delegation In Decades. by eph12(m): 8:26am On Sep 24, 2015
yemmynoni:
I know say you go see that may 29
cheesy

1 Like

Re: Buhari Attending UN Assembly With Nigeria’s Slimmest Delegation In Decades. by Gbawe: 8:30am On Sep 24, 2015
ShowYourCertificate:
In Buhari's bid to cut "waste", he delayed the appointment of ministers. Some APC guys were even calculating how much we've saved for not paying any minister this past 4 months. What they however failed to realise is that we've lost more by not appointing ministers. It was the same bid to cut waste that made Buhari to cancel the metroline project started by Otedola in the 1980s, now we're losing billions daily due to traffic gridlock. The TSA directive has led to uncertainty in the Banking sector with the sacking of many workers. Buhari's "waste" cutting is simply being penny wise and pound foolish.

Bruv, I am not a fan of the Ministerial delay either. Nonetheless I trust Buhari completely and I am sure he will do his best for Nigerians always. With this in mind I am sure the delay is in order and not something Buhari has embraced because he is "incompetent" or "slow". What I have heard is that Buhari is not only concerned with competence but that he wants a team that can work well together to deliver. Buhari wants 'team players'. That is very important.

Most successful modern companies would not hire you, however individually brilliant you are, if you cannot work well as part of a team. You may have ten Ronaldo-style players in one team but the team may be useless if they are all egotistical and cannot work together. Baba will get it right. I am sure of that.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Attending UN Assembly With Nigeria’s Slimmest Delegation In Decades. by 989900: 8:33am On Sep 24, 2015
ShowYourCertificate:
Keep remaining ministerless in your quest for who to vouch for while our economy is on a continuous decline. Whether you like it or not, the economy under Jonathan is still better than that of Buhari. The CBN has even alerted us of the impending recession.

I asked a question; didn't get an answer . . . I guess no one to vouch for.

I'll ask some more:
1. will the economy be in this state, if all the past ministers did as well as Adesina?

2. How can you rate the performance of Diezani?
Re: Buhari Attending UN Assembly With Nigeria’s Slimmest Delegation In Decades. by Nobody: 8:34am On Sep 24, 2015
talktimi:
So should I start scratching my bálls or what ? Boko haram has killed hundreds of people this week, Nigeria has lost 410 billion naira so far in the capital market and 73,000 people have lost their jobs in the construction sector alone in 3 months, our currency is in a catastrophic nosedive, Fulani herdsmen are conducing a free unstoppable genocide in the north central and crime wave is on the increase yet a dimwit wants us to celebrate slim entourage as dividend of democracy. You people should keep clowning around in your delusions grin

By their comments you shall know them. Condemning a four month old government while ignoring the sins of a five year old government. What did your five year old PDP government give us? Was it not under their watch BH grew into the monster it has become?

What we are experiencing are the multiplier effects of your 5 year old PDP government, an offspring of the sixteen year old PDP rulership and mismanagement of this country.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Attending UN Assembly With Nigeria’s Slimmest Delegation In Decades. by philips70(m): 8:38am On Sep 24, 2015
Goodluck Ebele Jonathan was an Egyptian curse to Nigeria for all the sins of our founding fathers.
Re: Buhari Attending UN Assembly With Nigeria’s Slimmest Delegation In Decades. by tinsel: 8:42am On Sep 24, 2015
talktimi:

You cannot never stop suicide bombing by terrorists. Even in advanced countries they carry suicide missions. What we are saying is the ability of bokoharams occupying nigeria territories through defeat of nigerian army in conventional warfare

1 Like

Re: Buhari Attending UN Assembly With Nigeria’s Slimmest Delegation In Decades. by KingTom(m): 8:42am On Sep 24, 2015
philips70:
Goodluck Ebele Jonathan was an Egyptian curse to Nigeria for all the sins of our founding fathers.
PDP was a terrible plague grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Fayose: Everything Under Buhari Is ‘inconclusive’. The Cable. / Jonathan: We Know Something They Don't Know - Bashir Ahmad / N13 Billion Fraud: Court Orders Immediate Arrest Of Niger Delta Militant Tompolo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.