Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,828 members, 7,817,423 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:59 AM

Why People Get Married - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why People Get Married (902 Views)

Reasons Why People Engage In Premarital Sex / Why Do People Get Surprised When They See A Love Machine In A Lady's Bag? / Reason Why People Insinuate That Tiv People Offer Thier Wives To Visitors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why People Get Married by onoerime: 8:00pm On Sep 24, 2015
I was chilling with my friends when we broke out with an arguement; it was such a serious arguements that took over two hours. The topic is WHY DO PEOPLE GET MARRIED? Some says, just to bear children, others says to avoid fornication and all that. What is your own opinion. The question still remains. WHY DO PEOPLE GET MARRIED? I mean the primary purpose of two people coming together to form husband and a wife..
Re: Why People Get Married by falconey(m): 8:02pm On Sep 24, 2015
for reproduction to preserve the planet.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why People Get Married by multikolour(m): 8:02pm On Sep 24, 2015
depending on individuals
Re: Why People Get Married by pasqal09: 8:03pm On Sep 24, 2015
Bro, you really need to read your bible more

1 Like

Re: Why People Get Married by naijaboiy: 8:03pm On Sep 24, 2015
Frankly,i don't know.

But I know it's something that's important at a point in our lives. smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why People Get Married by onoerime: 8:06pm On Sep 24, 2015
pasqal09:
Bro, you really need to read your bible more
please enlighten me
Re: Why People Get Married by ronald4lif(m): 8:08pm On Sep 24, 2015
Well, everyone have their choices to make; to marry or not to. For many they hope and wish to get entangled in matrimonial, for others not so much. But whatever one adopt as reason to get married can still be obtained without a ceremonial piece of paper.

Companionship, procreation, bloodline conservation etc can still be achieved without marriage.

1 Like

Re: Why People Get Married by Nobody: 8:09pm On Sep 24, 2015
Some get married just to feel belong.:pcheesy:p
Re: Why People Get Married by excellencyabia1: 8:11pm On Sep 24, 2015
every body has so many reasons of doing it. but one thing I'll say before hand is for every one to have personal reason of his. so mine are (1) to run away from funication, (2) there is a respect attached to a married person. (3) it marks a period of another level and also change perspective in views of life.
Re: Why People Get Married by Tallesty1(m): 8:12pm On Sep 24, 2015
Different reasons.
Re: Why People Get Married by donholy28(m): 8:17pm On Sep 24, 2015
Some na to fulfil all righteousness
Re: Why People Get Married by Nobody: 8:18pm On Sep 24, 2015
multikolour:
depending on individuals
tell us ur own and leave individuals.
Re: Why People Get Married by Nobody: 8:24pm On Sep 24, 2015
no one wants to be alone

1 Like

Re: Why People Get Married by onoerime: 8:31pm On Sep 24, 2015
Gen2 v 18 and the lord God said, it is not good that the man should be alone: I will make him an help meet for him.
From here I believe this question is answered. People get married because they need a life time companion.
Re: Why People Get Married by kossyablaze(m): 8:34pm On Sep 24, 2015
donholy28:
Example..... ME

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why People Get Married by charlito94(m): 8:37pm On Sep 24, 2015
Emotions, love, living a moral responsible life
Every one has a reason it all depends

Its a norm
There re several reasons why marriage is a necessity on its own
Re: Why People Get Married by onoerime: 8:49pm On Sep 24, 2015
charlito94:
Emotions, love, living a moral responsible life
Every one has a reason it all depends

Its a norm
There re several reasons why marriage is a necessity on its own
you mean those not married don't have emotions, love and also not living a moral responsible life? How about those born sterile, are they living wayward lives?
Re: Why People Get Married by onoerime: 8:55pm On Sep 24, 2015
donholy28:
so without marriage; one can't fulfill all righteousness? Read your bible o
Re: Why People Get Married by Nobody: 9:06pm On Sep 24, 2015
Sex,Procreation,helper and someone to watch the TV with and laugh(compassion)
Re: Why People Get Married by onoerime: 9:11pm On Sep 24, 2015
aaronson:
Sex,Procreation,helper and someone to watch the TV with and laugh(compassion)
HELPER
Re: Why People Get Married by osesology(m): 9:20pm On Sep 24, 2015
I'll know the reason when it's time for me to. For now, let me read comments.
Re: Why People Get Married by henribj(m): 9:33pm On Sep 24, 2015
some get married so as to possess their partner(i.e, to own their partner).
Re: Why People Get Married by charlito94(m): 9:44pm On Sep 24, 2015
onoerime:
you mean those not married don't have emotions, love and also not living a moral responsible life? How about those born sterile, are they living wayward lives?

I HV dis bliv DAT majority of people who get married tend to be more rational n cautious in life dey put family first.
For d unmarried dey feel dey HV nothing to lose especially wen dey re not ready dey only try to develop emotions so it could lead to sometyn else like I said we re all different in our intellectual ability, rationale wat might be gud for u might not be reasonable to me
Re: Why People Get Married by charlito94(m): 10:10pm On Sep 24, 2015
onoerime:

To my my understanding n bliv I HV done a little psychological research on d behaviours of married people. Married people tend to be more cautious n play a bigger responsible role in dealing with issuesdey re rationale n put family first in all there activities n tend to be moral n ethical though not all married people re responsible couples.
For d unmarried or yet to marry dey love HV emotions but talking abt been responsible n moral not all most of dem feel dey HV nothing to loose dey take life d way it is n blivs everything happens for a reason
We as human beens re different in our intellectual ability our rationale re different. Married people tend to show maturity n a higher rationale in dealing with issues trying to overshadow d inferior ones
Re: Why People Get Married by charlito94(m): 10:11pm On Sep 24, 2015
onoerime:

Dats not wat i mean
To my my understanding n bliv I HV done a little psychological research on d behaviours of married people. Married people tend to be more cautious n play a bigger responsible role in dealing with issuesdey re rationale n put family first in all there activities n tend to be moral n ethical though not all married people re responsible couples.
For d unmarried or yet to marry dey love HV emotions but talking abt been responsible n moral not all most of dem feel dey HV nothing to loose dey take life d way it is n blivs everything happens for a reason
We as human beens re different in our intellectual ability our rationale re different. Married people tend to show maturity n a higher rationale in dealing with issues trying to overshadow d inferior ones
Re: Why People Get Married by multikolour(m): 7:16am On Sep 25, 2015
Jollyjoy:
tell us ur own and leave individuals.
neither did you answer the question pretty lady.
Re: Why People Get Married by MrsChima(f): 7:17am On Sep 25, 2015
To get his money.
Re: Why People Get Married by Nobody: 7:57am On Sep 25, 2015
MrsChima:
To get his money.

Oh, is that why you married Chima?

Gold digger!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Seun Pls U Need To Add Ignore Threads Dat Dont Concern You To The Rules. / Lovely Pics of Latest Couple. / Does He Let His Wife To Be Know How Much He's Worth?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.