Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,673 members, 7,827,465 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:26 PM

Pls I Need Your Advise Urgently - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Pls I Need Your Advise Urgently (2508 Views)

See Advise Woman Received After She Caught Her Husband Assaulting Her Sister / This Lady Needs Your Advise / I Need Your Advise On This Funny Act In My Neighbourhood (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pls I Need Your Advise Urgently by justme16: 9:21am On Sep 25, 2015
phabulous88:

My dear I really feel for you. Have you heard of child support? I think you're entitled to some financial support from your erstwhile husband, even if your family has returned the bride price.

Follow this link to a law firm that deals with child support issues in PH. I don't know how much they charge but call them first and make enquiries
http://www.hg.org/attorney/primelaw-partnership/47726

All the best
ok I will do that,thanks
Re: Pls I Need Your Advise Urgently by 48noble(m): 9:50am On Sep 25, 2015
justme16:
well you won't believe my story but I have made the mistake I learned from it. I actually tot he paid my dowry cos he wanted a child but when I noticed he won't provide for d child whenever we have problems just to punish me.he paid only my dowry,dis man will be 50yrs nx year.he actually married me to cover up his marital status not that he was actually interested in the marriage.immediately he paid my dowry he started sleeping outside.he could sleep out for two days without coming bac to the house,even when my pregnancy was due.when it became too much,I started complaining to his pple,and his only sister who is a lawyer told me I didn't know him well before I married him that if I could manage him fine,if not they will allow me go wit d baby any time am ready to move on,that his brother has been living this kind of lifestyle for years. I even involved both families to talk to him to change his,even pastors to d extent that I was made to believe he has a spiritual problem.I have tried prayers and fasting but all dis didn't change him.and he always beat me up whenever I argue with him,threatening me with knife n bottle.honestly I have seen it all.I was still ready to stay cos every advise I get was to stay for d child so that he won't end up in a broken home.we don't appear anyway as husband n wife.he just paid my dowry n dumb me in the house.it was when d beeating to much that I decided to move on and have his dowry return

U have your life to live..kick his a.ss by moving on...this is gud
cococandy:

Then you already know you have to keep your child with you.
There's no debating that.
What you should be doing is looking for a better job and managing what you have before you get it.
You can contact child welfare services in your area and see if they make him pay up. Some people have said it works.
After all GEJ just signed the bill to make neglecting parental duty a crime. See if the implementation will work in your case and no matter how little they are able to squeeze out of him, it will go some way to feed the child at least.
Re: Pls I Need Your Advise Urgently by tellwisdom: 2:14pm On Sep 25, 2015
agarawu23:
[s][/s] some of you will remain _stupid and foolish without the cure to your madness. Can't you just ignore the thread if you have nothing to contribute?

You incoherent dustbin bred child should mind the people you throw tantrum at, here. Olofo angry
Re: Pls I Need Your Advise Urgently by porozhniy(m): 4:51pm On Sep 25, 2015
have you tried your state's social welfare dept? they may be of help. if that doesn't work, keep the child & sue for child support.
Re: Pls I Need Your Advise Urgently by justme16: 8:39pm On Sep 25, 2015
Honestly this is the most difficult moment of my life,even his family is saying I should return the boy to him cos he is tryin to dodge his responsibility.my pple want me to return d boy to him also that the stress will be too much for me. Talkin about sueing for a child welfare how will I be able to do that when my salary is just 20k. Am just confuse
Re: Pls I Need Your Advise Urgently by porozhniy(m): 7:58am On Sep 26, 2015
Ma'am i think you should explore every option available to you. no doubt your kid is better off with you at this point. try the social welfare dept., see if the ministry of women affair can help, talk to a lawyer. Nigeria is messed up but people are still compelled to take care of their kids, you just have to try. goodluck.

1 Like

Re: Pls I Need Your Advise Urgently by Nobody: 8:04am On Sep 26, 2015
justme16:
Honestly this is the most difficult moment of my life,even his family is saying I should return the boy to him cos he is tryin to dodge his responsibility.my pple want me to return d boy to him also that the stress will be too much for me. Talkin about sueing for a child welfare how will I be able to do that when my salary is just 20k. Am just confuse

Social welfare is free. Their offices are in every local government secretariat, go there and enquire, stop whinning

1 Like

Re: Pls I Need Your Advise Urgently by justme16: 6:43pm On Oct 05, 2015
Update: i finally dropped the child with the father last week Sunday cos his siblings insisted i take the boy to him knowing well he won't be able to take care of him then he will sigh the agreement of taking the child responsibilities but when i got there i was surprised that the mum was behind everything and she said she would take care of the child and nothing will happen to him,i couldn't argue with them but i left thinking i would use his siblings to get back the boy,now its over a week and the siblings are saying they hv tried but let it not be that they are on my side. I learnt The father now lives in the mum compound and both of them are taking care of the boy.
Re: Pls I Need Your Advise Urgently by justme16: 6:51pm On Oct 05, 2015
I also learnt that the boy didn't go to church yesterday,d mum left him for his father cos people will surely ask him,and the father doesn't go to church,he stopped attending church immediately he got what he wanted. I think i was so foolish but now i want my child back. Do you think it will still be possible to get back the child? Pls i need your advise oooo. I don't want him to end up like the father, this is the same way the father mum took him away from his father and she brainwash him, till today he doesn't want to see the dat
Re: Pls I Need Your Advise Urgently by lufizzkids(f): 8:01pm On Oct 05, 2015
Op do you love your child.I mean how could you.despite the fact that most people here said you should keep the child with you and manage.kai. U did otherwise and now you are back...
I don't know what to say

(1) (2) (Reply)

Are Men Of Today still Worth Good Women? / What Lagos Man Will Tell You When You Ask Him If He Is Married / Trusted Nanny Agency At Ibadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.