Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,991 members, 7,817,923 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:02 PM

Innoson The First Made In Nigeria Cars (photos) - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Innoson The First Made In Nigeria Cars (photos) (4733 Views)

Checkout Chinese Imitations Of Top Luxury Cars (Photos) / Innoson: The Story, The Journey And The Truth About Innoson Motors / Amazing Nigeria Cars Used In The 90's(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Innoson The First Made In Nigeria Cars (photos) by wisdomguy4u(m): 9:28am On Sep 25, 2015
The youngest among six children, Chief (Dr) Innocent Ifediaso Chukwuma (OFR), was born into the family of Mr & Mrs Chukwuma Mojekwu of Uru-Umudim, Nnewi, in Anambra State, without the proverbial silver spoon in his mouth. But, what he lacked in affluent parental background, he made up for with intelligence, hard-work, discipline and business acumen – qualities that have continued to interplay remarkably in his many ventures.

In February 2007, Chukwuma embarked on what some analysts perceived then as a mission impossible, when it incorporated INNOSON Vehicle Manufacturing Company Limited (IVM), to produce sundry commercial automobiles, utility vehicles and
passenger cars, in collaboration with a consortium of Chinese auto manufacturers.

With the public display of some of the vehicles at the 2nd Nnewi International Auto Trade Fair held at the Beverly Hills Hotels (Gabros Sports Complex) in the last quarter of 2009, IVM did not only silence the critics, but made a bold statement about its readiness to achieve the avowed mission of being the first (indigenous) auto maker to produce truly Nigerian vehicles that are affordable and reliable.

IVM is today a success story which has attracted effusive commendations and awards from various quarters, including the nation’s seat of power. While
opening the plant on October 15, 2010, President Goodluck Jonathan not only hailed Chukwuma for the courage of venturing into an industry many ran away from, but also assured him of government’s patroage from the government.

Maximum Respect to IGBO PEOPLE

www.nigeriafilms.com/news/22970/40/innoson-the-first-made-in-nigeria-carsbuses-trucks.html
Re: Innoson The First Made In Nigeria Cars (photos) by wisdomguy4u(m): 9:32am On Sep 25, 2015
Nice

Re: Innoson The First Made In Nigeria Cars (photos) by wisdomguy4u(m): 9:35am On Sep 25, 2015
Ingenuity

Re: Innoson The First Made In Nigeria Cars (photos) by Nobody: 9:37am On Sep 25, 2015
i hope its not just coupling and assembling, that they do
Re: Innoson The First Made In Nigeria Cars (photos) by wisdomguy4u(m): 9:39am On Sep 25, 2015
More

Re: Innoson The First Made In Nigeria Cars (photos) by Rose2014: 9:39am On Sep 25, 2015
Yorubas will soon come here n tell u it was assembled not manufactured

*Haters will see you walk on water n say it's because u can't swim cheesy*

1 Like

Re: Innoson The First Made In Nigeria Cars (photos) by Mynd44: 9:39am On Sep 25, 2015
How can you say these are the first made in Nigeria cars.....Peugeot has had plants in Nigeria for a ling time but had to shut down
Re: Innoson The First Made In Nigeria Cars (photos) by Rose2014: 9:40am On Sep 25, 2015
TolaOluwatosin:

These guys are so predictable. I knew haters are always going to hate

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Innoson The First Made In Nigeria Cars (photos) by Nobody: 9:42am On Sep 25, 2015
buy made in Nigeria but Buhari is driving made in Germany hypocrisy
Re: Innoson The First Made In Nigeria Cars (photos) by wisdomguy4u(m): 9:43am On Sep 25, 2015
TolaOluwatosin:

Why not come down to anambra and figure that out yourself. To help you quench your skepticism .
Re: Innoson The First Made In Nigeria Cars (photos) by Nobody: 9:44am On Sep 25, 2015
Rose2014:

These guys are so predictable. I knew haters are always going to hate

hahaha, you are wrong, am just speculating, besides u schooled in east, owerri. No need for hate, am not a bigot like others
Re: Innoson The First Made In Nigeria Cars (photos) by Nobody: 9:45am On Sep 25, 2015
wisdomguy4u:

Why not come down to anambra and figure that out yourself. To help you quench your skepticism .
read with understanding, i said I hope!!
Re: Innoson The First Made In Nigeria Cars (photos) by wisdomguy4u(m): 9:46am On Sep 25, 2015
Mynd44:
How can you say these are the first made in Nigeria cars.....Peugeot has had plants in Nigeria for a ling time but had to shut down

Man, Peugeout is not a Nigeria company . Innoson is "made in Nigeria" , "not coupled in nigeria". Google is your friend use it , or best come down to nnewi and see it urself

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Innoson The First Made In Nigeria Cars (photos) by wisdomguy4u(m): 9:51am On Sep 25, 2015
TolaOluwatosin:
read with understanding, i said I hope!!

Yeah. I hope you have a brain.

Don't get me wrong, I said I hope!!!
Re: Innoson The First Made In Nigeria Cars (photos) by Mynd44: 9:58am On Sep 25, 2015
wisdomguy4u:

Man, Peugeout is not a Nigeria company . Innoson is "made in Nigeria" , "not coupled in nigeria". Google is your friend use it , or best come down to nnewi and see it urself
Read your title again.
And Innoson does not make cars, they assemble them. Does Innoson make engines? Shafts?, gear boxes?
The automobile industry is waaaay more complicated than you think
Re: Innoson The First Made In Nigeria Cars (photos) by FreeGlobe(f): 9:59am On Sep 25, 2015
Mynd44:
is peugeot owned by a Nigerian? If I say yoruba bad belleism now they will say I'm a tribalism.
Re: Innoson The First Made In Nigeria Cars (photos) by Mynd44: 10:05am On Sep 25, 2015
FreeGlobe:

is peugeot owned by a Nigerian? If I say yoruba bad belleism now they will say I'm a tribalism.
The title read "Made in Nigeria cars" not "indigenous Nigerian auto-companies"

Do you people need brighter grammar or something?

The growing of the auto industry is great and something we should all be proud of an support of as Nigerians and we also need a local content policy on it mandating government to only buy locally made/assembled cars but if our silliness as regards tribalism is allowed to take place in this too, we are as brainless as people think we are.

2 Likes

Re: Innoson The First Made In Nigeria Cars (photos) by FreeGlobe(f): 10:10am On Sep 25, 2015
Mynd44:

The title read "Made in Nigeria cars" not "indigenous Nigerian auto-companies"

Do you people need brighter grammar or something?

The growing of the auto industry is great and something we should all be proud of an support of as Nigerians and we also need a local content policy on it mandating government to only buy locally made/assembled cars but if our silliness as regards tribalism is allowed to take place in this too, we are as brainless as people think we are.

Please shut it.. You knew what the op meant. Why are you bringing up Peugeot? a moribund company. As a yoruba person, your tribalism by default will always make you pick unnecessary holes in this type of news coming from the east

1 Like

Re: Innoson The First Made In Nigeria Cars (photos) by Mykelpato(m): 10:12am On Sep 25, 2015
Innoson nwanne carry go
Re: Innoson The First Made In Nigeria Cars (photos) by WailingWailer00(m): 10:19am On Sep 25, 2015
TolaOluwatosin:

You are a big fool, you read the article and still ask this stupid question, your name explains the reason for the hate

Yellowbar children of hate

Ekwensu

God bless the Igbo race

1 Like

Re: Innoson The First Made In Nigeria Cars (photos) by WailingWailer00(m): 10:22am On Sep 25, 2015
FreeGlobe:

The yellowbar race are filled with hatred for their inability to produce any useful substance, leave them

1 Like

Re: Innoson The First Made In Nigeria Cars (photos) by wisdomguy4u(m): 10:24am On Sep 25, 2015
Mynd44:

Read your title again.
And Innoson does not make cars, they assemble them. Does Innoson make engines? Shafts?, gear boxes?

You sit down in your village and tell me what is happening in my village. Why not you travel a little down nnewi and see things yourself. That you can't do things, doesn't mean nobody else can do it.
The day pple like you overcome their inferiority complex and the fallacious believe in white supremacy, that day africa will start developing like their contemporaries.

1 Like

Re: Innoson The First Made In Nigeria Cars (photos) by laplace12(m): 10:46am On Sep 25, 2015
Mynd44:

Innoson has the first made in Nigeria car. Google it
Re: Innoson The First Made In Nigeria Cars (photos) by laplace12(m): 10:50am On Sep 25, 2015
Mynd44:

Read your title again.

No company makes all its auto parts in one place. The fact is that innoson is a Nigerian company, it can make some of its parts in different countries.

But the car is made in Nigeria because the company is Nigerian and located in Nigeria.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Innoson The First Made In Nigeria Cars (photos) by Mynd44: 11:01am On Sep 25, 2015
laplace12:

Innoson has the first made in Nigeria car. Google it

http://www.nac.org.ng/industries_genesis.

Seriously? You still want to argue this?
Re: Innoson The First Made In Nigeria Cars (photos) by KINGSNEEZE(m): 11:38am On Sep 25, 2015
Mynd44:
Peugeot assembles in Nigeria, they don't manufacture in Nigeria
Re: Innoson The First Made In Nigeria Cars (photos) by colossus2: 4:47pm On Sep 25, 2015
FreeGlobe:

Please shut it.. You knew what the op meant. Why are you bringing up Peugeot? a moribund company. As a yoruba person, your tribalism by default will always make you pick unnecessary holes in this type of news coming from the east
Just shut up cos you lack sense. Why should he assume when it's clearly typed in English language "1st made in Nigeria".
Was that how you were taught in elementary school undecided
Re: Innoson The First Made In Nigeria Cars (photos) by aluko1010: 10:42pm On Sep 25, 2015
Rose2014:
Yorubas will soon come here n tell u it was assembled not manufactured

*Haters will see you walk on water n say it's because u can't swim cheesy*
haba what has Yoruba has to do with this. Must u comment . ppl like u are the problem of this nation

1 Like

Re: Innoson The First Made In Nigeria Cars (photos) by diportivo: 8:50am On Sep 26, 2015
And here we go again...and again an again

We av been here before....and before...and before

I wonder wat tribe has got to do with this...some of d dudes ranting im support av neva seen one ivm badged 'edegbe' before sef

While innoson is commendable,i will like his offices/showrooms in lagos,abuja and porthacourt to be buzzing much more than elizades

Advertise ur cars in d dailies...add a price tag...give us specs....autoist are not interested in the first born or 2nd son of the manufacturers father....they wanna know whats under the hood...whats makes ur car/bus/truck tick....wat makes it stand out from competitors

Some people will use tribalism to support wheel barrow on 4 wheels sef....thats why nigeria is still where it is

3 Likes

Re: Innoson The First Made In Nigeria Cars (photos) by lordliri(m): 4:03am On Sep 28, 2015
Mynd44:

Read your title again.
The automobile industry is way more complicated than you think

They've been making cars in the east before the civil war, and innoson was making crank shafts and engine parts since the 80s

He was first to assemble motorbikes in Nigeria, and no doubts he is truly building his cars here in Nigeria..
Re: Innoson The First Made In Nigeria Cars (photos) by ryanfletcher: 7:55am On Sep 30, 2015
hahaha,has any ibo man ever made something original? just show me any original thing from an IBO man that's ever work out fine so tell me why this motor wouldn't take you to an untimely death? with fakes assembly accessories I am very confident that its a suicide mission to drive one if those buses for transport sevices
Re: Innoson The First Made In Nigeria Cars (photos) by tonychristopher: 7:58am On Sep 30, 2015
ryanfletcher:
hahaha,has any ibo man ever made something original? just show me any original thing from an IBO man that's ever work out fine so tell me why this motor wouldn't take you to an untimely death? with fakes assembly accessories I am very confident that its a suicide mission to drive one if those buses for transport sevices

Hahahaha has any of your kinsmen ever replicated anything successful

I Pitt you ... I must be honest

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Verify Your Vehicle Insurance / Help!!! Confused On Which Car To Pick. / Which Is Actually Better Btwn American Spec, British And The Rest?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.