Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,204 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:02 AM

BREAKING Us House Of Reps Speaker To Resign - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BREAKING Us House Of Reps Speaker To Resign (2483 Views)

Goodluck Jonathan At The US House Of Representatives With Peter Obi (Photos) / Atiku Abubakar Meets With Nigerian Chief Of Army Staff, House Of Reps Speaker / Caption This Photo Of House Of Reps Speaker, Yakubu Dogara In Action (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

BREAKING Us House Of Reps Speaker To Resign by aminho(m): 3:09pm On Sep 25, 2015
The speaker of the united States house of representative is set to resign on the 30th of October
More details coming soon
WASHINGTON, Sept 25 (Reuters) - U.S. House of Representatives Speaker John Boehner, who has repeatedly been challenged by the conservative wing of his Republican Party, told members on Friday that he will resign from the House at the end of October.

An aide to Boehner, who holds the top job in the House, said the Ohio lawmaker will step down from the speakership and his seat in Congress effective on Oct. 30.

U.S. Representative Kevin McCarthy of California, the No. 2 Republican in the House, is expected to be the top contender to replace Boehner as speaker, Republican Representative Peter King told reporters.

Boehner, 65, was expected to speak to reporters about 10 a.m. EDT (1400 GMT) about his resignation plan, CNN reported

1 Like

Re: BREAKING Us House Of Reps Speaker To Resign by pet4ril(f): 3:23pm On Sep 25, 2015
Till it comes, this topic I irrelevant.
Re: BREAKING Us House Of Reps Speaker To Resign by sdindan: 3:32pm On Sep 25, 2015
pet4ril:
Till it comes, this topic I irrelevant.

The story is real
Is trending on Twitter

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING Us House Of Reps Speaker To Resign by nduchucks: 3:35pm On Sep 25, 2015
Yep, he is resigning at the end of October.

The man is a weaklin who suffers from excessive effeminate emotionalism. I saw him cry on TV before he was sworn in as speaker, like a baby whose candy has been taken away smiley

No one is surprised.

5 Likes

Re: BREAKING Us House Of Reps Speaker To Resign by BekeeBuAgbara: 3:37pm On Sep 25, 2015
After 24 years in congress, not bad.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING Us House Of Reps Speaker To Resign by aminho(m): 3:46pm On Sep 25, 2015
nduchucks:

The man is a weaklin who suffers from excessive effeminate emotionalism. I saw him cry on TV before he was sworn in as speaker, like a baby whose candy has been taken away smiley

No one is surprised.
i saw him cry when he met with the pope

1 Like

Re: BREAKING Us House Of Reps Speaker To Resign by psucc(m): 3:46pm On Sep 25, 2015
What's his reason?
Re: BREAKING Us House Of Reps Speaker To Resign by nduchucks: 3:50pm On Sep 25, 2015
aminho:
i saw him cry when he met with the pope

did I not tell you ?

www.nairaland.com/attachments/180447_ROTFLMAO_gif3d0c775232c7f27cf80592785b9635b6

1 Like

Re: BREAKING Us House Of Reps Speaker To Resign by aminho(m): 3:52pm On Sep 25, 2015
nduchucks:

did I not tell you ?

www.nairaland.com/attachments/180447_ROTFLMAO_gif3d0c775232c7f27cf80592785b9635b6
the guy dey fall people hand I swear make home our 9ja learn

1 Like

Re: BREAKING Us House Of Reps Speaker To Resign by journerman(m): 3:53pm On Sep 25, 2015
That's a nation where sanity prevails over insanity, not in Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING Us House Of Reps Speaker To Resign by yomexp(m): 4:27pm On Sep 25, 2015
nduchucks:

No one is surprised.

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING Us House Of Reps Speaker To Resign by datola: 4:41pm On Sep 25, 2015
To the Nigerian thieving politicians: You can resign. Don't wait until proven guilty by the law court.
Re: BREAKING Us House Of Reps Speaker To Resign by TonyeBarcanista(m): 4:41pm On Sep 25, 2015
Una wan give Saraki heart attack?
Re: BREAKING Us House Of Reps Speaker To Resign by eyesofgod: 4:48pm On Sep 25, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
Una wan give Saraki heart attack?

I can bet this is not what you really wanted to say.

Say the gods
Re: BREAKING Us House Of Reps Speaker To Resign by omowolewa: 5:02pm On Sep 25, 2015
Even without being stoned at Mecca Prayer ground?
Re: BREAKING Us House Of Reps Speaker To Resign by unitysheart(m): 5:11pm On Sep 25, 2015
Naija own na he is innocent until proven guilty.
Re: BREAKING Us House Of Reps Speaker To Resign by luvmijeje(f): 5:22pm On Sep 25, 2015
Imagine! Why is everything about Nigeria always upside down? Will my children generation talkless of my generation ever witness a Nigeria politician willingly resigning from office?
Re: BREAKING Us House Of Reps Speaker To Resign by Paulpaulpaul(m): 5:40pm On Sep 25, 2015
Ha!

You see now?

In my father land, a known thief will still deny that he was stoned where he went to bribe clerics for potent ise alfa. Saraki you better.... You know what I wanted to say.
Re: BREAKING Us House Of Reps Speaker To Resign by Nobody: 6:06pm On Sep 25, 2015
Frank Underwood, well done oh.
Re: BREAKING Us House Of Reps Speaker To Resign by TRUTHTOPOWER: 6:11pm On Sep 25, 2015
Another abrupt political end for Hillary hater. Newt Gingrich had to resign too.hate kills
Re: BREAKING Us House Of Reps Speaker To Resign by onismate: 6:55pm On Sep 25, 2015
I so much fancy this man's style of opposition to Obama. As one of the commentors have said. Sanity over insanity. Can this happen in Nigeria without impeachment? Hmmmmmm
Re: BREAKING Us House Of Reps Speaker To Resign by rattlesnake(m): 7:21pm On Sep 25, 2015
Too bad for trump they needed him

(1) (Reply)

Biafra: Caption This Cartoon / I Barr Eze Agu Here By Decamp From Apc Today / Current State Of Nigeria... Was Nnamdi Kanu A Prophet!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.