Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,962 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:06 AM

Is It Right For A Church To Have Football Unit? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Right For A Church To Have Football Unit? (18731 Views)

What Are The Things You Will Like Your Church To Change? / Is It Right For A Church To Be Located In An Hotel Premises? / Stephanie Otobo's Mother & Sister At Apostle Suleman's Church To Beg (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Right For A Church To Have Football Unit? by sweatlana: 12:01pm On Sep 27, 2015
Physical activity is good for your mind and body. I see nothing wrong

It should even be encouraged
Re: Is It Right For A Church To Have Football Unit? by mecuzee(m): 12:06pm On Sep 27, 2015
Doesn't sound like the Lord Jesus I know! A lot of religious folks try to make God who he's not. Jesus said he that has seen me has seen the Father! Imagine Jesus in a party and the "Orijin" got finished yet he turned water to more "Orijin" and made people happy! That's why the religious people hater him. They called him a glutton and drunkard, but he was a friend of the influencer and common people. He went about doing good and healing ALL that were oppressed of the devil!

just4now:
l plead with you in the name of the Lord to jettison your idea it is inspiration from hell. l used to love football until one day the Lord showed me how deep He detests football in the church or church getting involved. In addition He frown at TV stations own by churches from showing it. He said worldly news casting in these stations also infuriate Him. Please always ask Holy Spirit before you introduce anything to the church.

Shalom.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Church To Have Football Unit? by Nobody: 12:07pm On Sep 27, 2015
just4now:
l plead with you in the name of the Lord to jettison your idea it is inspiration from hell. l used to love football until one day the Lord showed me how deep He detests football in the church or church getting involved. In addition He frown at TV stations own by churches from showing it. He said worldly news casting in these stations also infuriate Him. Please always ask Holy Spirit before you introduce anything to the church.

Shalom.
smh. the devil is already confusing your soul. u need help. your god is really a confused Mafian.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A Church To Have Football Unit? by veraiyke(m): 12:07pm On Sep 27, 2015
Can you support your claim that it is unbiblical please. While you do that my bible knowledge tells me that it is not wrong. It only keeps the youths busy n doing what they do best. It publicized them who want to take their football career to another level. A church can even help it football youths by registering them in leagues. There's nothing evil about football brother
Re: Is It Right For A Church To Have Football Unit? by picknstake: 12:08pm On Sep 27, 2015
SUNDAY MATCH PREDICTIONS ARE AVAILABLE HERE FOR FREE http://www.picknstake.com/2015/09/sunday-accumulation-variety-27-09-2015.html
Re: Is It Right For A Church To Have Football Unit? by veraiyke(m): 12:08pm On Sep 27, 2015
Ur d devil itsef n u beta strt praying to Jehovah, God Almighty
MamuzoADUMS:
smh. the devil is already confusing your soul. u need help. your god is really a confused Mafian.
Re: Is It Right For A Church To Have Football Unit? by femi4: 12:11pm On Sep 27, 2015
just4now:

Shalom.
liar.....video evidence of you and God discussing this or....

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A Church To Have Football Unit? by meforyou1(m): 12:11pm On Sep 27, 2015
Op, Mountain of fire (MFM) has football team that is in the national league

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Church To Have Football Unit? by ylaa(f): 12:14pm On Sep 27, 2015
IN MY OWN OPINION, ITS NOT A BAD IDEA.
IT WILL BRING MORE SOULS TO CHRIST,
WHILE RUNNING THE FOOTBALL COMMENTARY
THE WORD OF GOD COULD ALSO BE ADDED AS A REMINDER
SO MANY PEOPLE LOVES FOOTBALL,
IT BRINGS THE CHRISTIANS, MUSLIMS, HINDU, PAGANS,
BABALAWO, ETC TOGETHER. SO FOR ME, ITS A GOOD AVENUE FOR EVANGELISM.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Right For A Church To Have Football Unit? by meforyou1(m): 12:14pm On Sep 27, 2015
just4now:

Shalom.
can you sincerely tell me how playing football, exercising one's body is a sin?

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Church To Have Football Unit? by ChynoBEATS: 12:15pm On Sep 27, 2015
blueto:

But I feel skeptical about this innovation because it is unbiblical. Thus, it may be unacceptable to God.

So I am don't know if it is really right to proceed with the idea.

Please I need your advise. Your contributions will be well appreciated.

2me
It depends on how you go about it

MFM has one......

Everything has rules and reg .......
Re: Is It Right For A Church To Have Football Unit? by mecuzee(m): 12:15pm On Sep 27, 2015
And yet God reveals through His prophets the outcome of football matches before they are played!

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Church To Have Football Unit? by alexanderdeg: 12:19pm On Sep 27, 2015
There's no crime or sin for a church having a football team or hosting sporting activities . Talents can be discovered anywhere @ op if you don't like something or u can't do it stop condemning the person who is doing it ....I wonder what the world will be if so many people have this same thinking as you do. Sports unite people ......let me stop here

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Church To Have Football Unit? by Nobody: 12:25pm On Sep 27, 2015
Everything is demonic in nigeria even sports too. Chai Nigerians need re orientation

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A Church To Have Football Unit? by Nobody: 12:25pm On Sep 27, 2015
blueto:
I have the privilege of being a Youth executive in my Church. And since I enamour football, I have been thinking of initiating and establishing a football group, were we can train and organise friendly matches with other Churches as well.

But I feel skeptical about this innovation because it is unbiblical. Thus, it may be unacceptable to God.

It's time untapped going to church, Religion has completely messed up your head.
Re: Is It Right For A Church To Have Football Unit? by AONESOLUTION: 12:27pm On Sep 27, 2015
blueto:
I have the privilege of being a Youth executive in my Church. And since I enamour football, I have been thinking of initiating and establishing a football group, were we can train and organise friendly matches with other Churches as well.

pls. pray and let God direct you
but to me, is not a best mean for evangelism.
bible says bodily exercise profiteth little. and we know that in this end time we must engage in the work of evangelism, may while football always lead to been aggressive, fighting immorality , and seeking help from ungodly ways.
so my opinion is that pray about it and let the will of God be done
Re: Is It Right For A Church To Have Football Unit? by obontami: 12:30pm On Sep 27, 2015
What is this one saying ??
juicee1:
This is what hppens when the church leaves its calling and duty to go meddle in affairs that doesn't relate to it.

What has sport got to do with the work of Christ?

I'll advice you to gather those youths nd use them to preach the word of God instead of kicking some football and making it look like you're doing God's work. Face the duty given to you as a christian which football is not part of. Sports in church is distraction. Don't bring the world into the church. Play your football outside while you face the work of God inside.

This is exactly what happens when christianity becomes dumb-down. Christiansno longer have tasks cos their pastors only require money from them. How many of you would be thinking of hosting football games as a christian hd it been you existed in the time Roman soldiers where persecuting christians nd killing them? Now that christianity has become soft and more worldly with people seeing it as fun all because pastors don't give difficult tasks like going to preach in the Northeast, you now want to start enjoying more by playing football in church. Someone even said it's just football and nothing more...it helpd build the talent of youths in the church. Why don't we bring in modelling and break dancing also?

If you know the task Yahshua christ gve christians nd how far behind they are, you won't even be thinking about sleeping talkless of playing football even outside the church as a true christian.
[s]
juicee1:
This is what hppens when the church leaves its calling and duty to go meddle in affairs that doesn't relate to it.

I'll advice you to gather those youths nd use them to preach the word of God instead of kicking some football and making it look like you're doing God's work. Face the duty given to you as a christian which football is not part of. Sports in church is distraction. Don't bring the world into the church. Play your football outside while you face the work of God inside.

This is exactly what happens when christianity becomes dumb-down. Christiansno longer have tasks cos their pastors only require money from them. How many of you would be thinking of hosting football games as a christian hd it been you existed in the time Roman soldiers where persecuting christians nd killing them? Now that christianity has become soft and more worldly with people seeing it as fun all because pastors don't give difficult tasks like going to preach in the Northeast, you now want to start enjoying more by playing football in church. Someone even said it's just football and nothing more...it helpd build the talent of youths in the church. Why don't we bring in modelling and break dancing also?

If you know the task Yahshua christ gve christians nd how far behind they are, you won't even be thinking about sleeping talkless of playing football even outside the church as a true christian.
[/s]
juicee1:

Re: Is It Right For A Church To Have Football Unit? by onatisi(m): 12:31pm On Sep 27, 2015
Bollinger:

Did you read what you just wrote? boko haram is saying education is blasphemy, so are you going to hold credence to Bh's line of thought. Back in the day twins used to killed in calabar. Some things should not even be a topic of discussion. Only an ignorant person would even consider it.
read my post again. Boko says education is bad,but uses the same tools produced by that education yo kill people.they employ those who are educated to kill and yet say they are against education.read again what I wrote about churches and football teams .there is nothing bad in a church founding or owing a football team,just as there is nothing bad in a Christian owing an hotel or restaurant.
Re: Is It Right For A Church To Have Football Unit? by phiszo(m): 12:34pm On Sep 27, 2015
just4now:

Shalom.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Church To Have Football Unit? by Cooljoe1(m): 12:36pm On Sep 27, 2015
alphaconde:
As long as they don't call themselves RED DEVILS
rolling on the floor

grin grin
Re: Is It Right For A Church To Have Football Unit? by onatisi(m): 12:38pm On Sep 27, 2015
mecuzee:
And yet God reveals through His prophets the outcome of football matches before they are played!
you dey mind the hypocrites . And yet when a football star visits their church for Sunday service or gives a huge donation to the church they will quickly tell him to kneel down for prayers and anointing while the congregation shouts hallelujah aloud. If one of their church members becomes a football star and wins the world cup or best footballer of the year,they wont think twice before saying it is the Lord's doing . They are cheap hypocrites

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Church To Have Football Unit? by olamisowon1(f): 12:43pm On Sep 27, 2015
just4now:

Shalom.

Well one! I'm tired of hearing from fanatics like you. What does sport or football has to do with hell? It is sad the way likes of you easily say u heard from God.
Re: Is It Right For A Church To Have Football Unit? by UjSizzle(f): 12:45pm On Sep 27, 2015
Why don't you ask God yourself, rather than deal with conflicting opinions from the people here?

There is wisdom in the crowd, but it's also possible to get waylaid by the crowd too.

Pray and discuss this with your pastor. I don't believe there's any scriptural passage that directly answers this question.
Re: Is It Right For A Church To Have Football Unit? by gr8Emperor(m): 12:45pm On Sep 27, 2015
for those who play football knows that there's no truth in it...players lies an pretend to be injured, so that the person that tackle be sent off or book eg Squares etc. but should all those skills b applied in real life that's players lie more than politicians or lawyers....spare me al the same its sport and I cant do without it.... Dont introduce because i remember when i use to leave some importance invent on church for football and it is writen in the Bible that at the end time peopl wl lov earthly things more than Him(God)
Re: Is It Right For A Church To Have Football Unit? by LordReed(m): 12:57pm On Sep 27, 2015
blueto:

There is nothing wrong with you organising a football group for the youths in your church as long as you do not substitute fellowship for your football activities. If on the meeting days is when you fix matches or training then you'll be making a wrong choice.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Church To Have Football Unit? by ednoville(m): 12:58pm On Sep 27, 2015
Help pls!!!!! Oyibo dey battle naija o, dem no gree o, the competition has really gone tough, Daniel is the only African and only Nigerian baby left, pls if you haven't voted pls we need your votes now! The competition closes today by midnight pls click this link and click like on the Facebook icon below baby Daniel's picture to vote him thanks and God bless pls click this link http://wshe.es/3nWOuk7T
Re: Is It Right For A Church To Have Football Unit? by ajoskele(m): 1:01pm On Sep 27, 2015
kuzee:
smh
Wetin do yur head?
Re: Is It Right For A Church To Have Football Unit? by Tamee(f): 1:05pm On Sep 27, 2015

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Is It Right For Unmarried Christian Woman To Get Pregnant Through IVF / APPARITION: The Blessed Mother Of God Appeared In Kaduna Today! / Antichrist At Work!the Maddest Novel History Ever Produced. (the Davinci Code)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.