Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,126 members, 7,814,942 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:53 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (103) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2603052 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 1:16pm On Apr 16, 2016
dupyshoo:
Congrats on your ITA.

With regard to your reference letter from your employer, I don't think it matters if it is either of the 2. Mine was addressed to "To whom" though.

Once the FD matures, transfer it to your wife's account but you will have to write a letter of explanation and also include the bank statement of your wife showing details of the transfer. In the letter, you should state that the money is a gift and that you have no intention to collect the money back.

Good day, hope you are enjoying your weekend.

Please, do you mean fixed deposit and treasury bill must be liquidated before the final application is submitted?

My wife is the principal applicant; about 75% of the required POF is in fixed deposit, done on her name. The balance of the POF has been invested in treasury bill through me.

Am I required to transfer this to her account before we print her bank statements? Is she also required to liquidate the deposit into her account?

Cc: irondome, zandora, JesusDWay
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by SlowlybtSurely: 2:01pm On Apr 16, 2016
primeson1:
Please can i apply for a remark in my speaking test. Is it advisable, since it will take up to 2 months for it to be remarked.

Please help.

I wouldn't bother if I were you. You will still be losing more than 50 marks even if your Speaking gets bumped up to 7, because your listening is short of CLB 9.

I know this IELTS thingy can be daunting, but you might have to retake, aim for 8777 to get a reasonable score.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by bubsykay: 2:05pm On Apr 16, 2016
40manlappy:

Please, do you mean fixed deposit and treasury bill must be liquidated before the final application is submitted?
My wife is the principal applicant; about 75% of the required POF is in fixed deposit, done on her name. The balance of the POF has been invested in treasury bill through me.
Am I required to transfer this to her account before we print her bank statements? Is she also required to liquidate the deposit into her account?

You might have to convert the treasury bill in your name to cash and keep in her account before she print her statement. FD is okay as far as its in her name but I think POF is better in liquid and easily accessible form. Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by chimaXYZ: 3:13pm On Apr 16, 2016
bubsykay:

What do you think about uploading the same ref letter at the 2 different spaces for job ref? because the PA worked in the same organization 2 periods (masters inbtw) and the 2 periods are explicitly stated on the ref. it is also the same NOC

I do not understand it.

Could you please clarify?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 3:15pm On Apr 16, 2016
sholemania:

You can calculate your IELTS to CLB here
http://ieltscanadatest.com/test-results/ielts-and-clb/
http://www.immigratemanitoba.com/calculators/ielts_calculator.php
CLB 9 will give you the highest score
CLB 8 is what you have... You are not realy bad
samnijazz:
Apply for a remark in reading maybe you can get 7.0 which will automatically give you a CLB of 9

Thanks guys, I will do just that.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by bubsykay: 3:35pm On Apr 16, 2016
chimaXYZ:

I do not understand it.
Could you please clarify?

Ok boss! My wife is the PA, she worked with the same org for 3 years, went for masters and returned to the same org to work for another year, the same department and NOC. This is regarded as 2 different experiences and hence 2 spaces provided for ref on the EE profile, which we have only 1 reference to upload at the 2 spaces provided for reference, but the 1 reference stated the 2 periods, responsibilities and the salaries (becos there was an increase) sounds better?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 3:55pm On Apr 16, 2016
samnijazz:
Apply for a remark in reading maybe you can get 7.0 which will automatically give you a CLB of 9
Please can someone explain how I can go about applying for a remark? I took the test in Ibadan on 2nd April and I don't have the original result yet. Will I need to apply for a remark at the office in Lagos? Kindly help.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by bubsykay: 4:35pm On Apr 16, 2016
tyketurah:

Please can someone explain how I can go about applying for a remark? I took the test in Ibadan on 2nd April and I don't have the original result yet. Will I need to apply for a remark at the office in Lagos? Kindly help.

You will have to complete a form online or go to the test center to complete the remark form, you will be paying a fee, which is refundable if your score changes, if the remark doesn't favor you, the fee is gone. With your score you posted, I think you should go ahead and ask for a remark. Good luck
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by tolurigs: 6:21pm On Apr 16, 2016
Hello house
I have evaluated my Nd with bsc thinking I would get a two or more cert,but am considering evaluating my ICAN cert maybe this could give me what I want.my question is;will my ICAN cert give me two or more cert.please help out before I waste my money undecided
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 8:13pm On Apr 16, 2016
I don't think it should be a problem. Just ensure you indicate that you are known by another name under the personal details section and then include your marriage certificate.

SlowlybtSurely:

My documents have different names.

I've my maiden name on WES, IELTS, bank accounts, employment letters, certificates and even entered the pool with my maiden name but got employers' reference letters in my married name (with reference to my maiden name though) and intend changing my passport to my married name and use that for eAPR post ITA as i would prefer to have my married name as a PR later on.

Foresee any problems?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 8:24pm On Apr 16, 2016
If you can't get a separate letter for the 2, just include a letter of explanation with the letter of employment. This should be the first page of the Letter of experience so the VO can have a good understanding of why you have the same reference letter in the 2 placeholders.

bubsykay:

Ok boss! My wife is the PA, she worked with the same org for 3 years, went for masters and returned to the same org to work for another year, the same department and NOC. This is regarded as 2 different experiences and hence 2 spaces provided for ref on the EE profile, which we have only 1 reference to upload at the 2 spaces provided for reference, but the 1 reference stated the 2 periods, responsibilities and the salaries (becos there was an increase) sounds better?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Slydsolutions(m): 10:36pm On Apr 16, 2016
Hi

I do not want to be be party pooper, but the only sure fire way of getting a review on remark is when it's on 'writing' or 'listening' the others are pretty much what you got since they are multiple choice questions with definite answers, unlike the writing a listening that depends on the examiner.
Except you have an extra 15k to throw away. I suggest you, save that 15k and just rewrite the IELTS again.

tyketurah:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by primeson1(m): 11:04pm On Apr 16, 2016
SlowlybtSurely:

I wouldn't bother if I were you. You will still be losing more than 50 marks even if your Speaking gets bumped up to 7, because your listening is short of CLB 9.

I know this IELTS thingy can be daunting, but you might have to retake, aim for 8777 to get a reasonable score.

That retake is something else, so i would wait till June ending to take another test, time dey go fa.

You said 50 marks? Can you expatiate further.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by SlowlybtSurely: 11:50pm On Apr 16, 2016
primeson1:

That retake is something else, so i would wait till June ending to take another test, time dey go fa.

You said 50 marks? Can you expatiate further.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp

Input your scores in that link and see how one loses 50 marks under transferability with a listening score of 7.5 and 7 in others.

I would have suggested you remark your listening too, but there rarely will be any change in scores in reading and listening (in fact I haven't seen anybody it favoured) cos they are usually right or wrong answers and should not be missed by an examiner. Writing and speaking on the other hand, have better chances of score increase on remarking because they are subjective.

Goodluck with whatever you decide to do.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by labiz001: 11:58pm On Apr 16, 2016
Please house, any draw recently and what was the cut off point ?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Hunkygee: 12:21am On Apr 17, 2016
Garykasparov:
Good morning my people, I got my IELTS result today.
Talk about Band 10 borderline result. Praise God.

Nice one GaryKasparov.

Checked mine online today - 8.5 overall score, though I'm yet to get the hard copy.

Congrats to all.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by JesusDWay(m): 4:01am On Apr 17, 2016
beyunce:

Well I haven't seen any Nigerian that indicated attending the information session, So I guess example it is for us. Lol.
My noc code and yours is the same,mine is in a law firm.
I wil still need to get my ielts done before I can email them. But do update me on their reply when you do email them.
I'm looking at attending either the US or Dubai one. But Dubai will surely be less expensive since I and my family might go together. I heard spouse of principal applicants might need to attend too. I'm not sure abt this though.

It appears they upgraded their requirement - the Administrative Assistant now has to be Bilingual.

In addition, some group of folks I know are beginning to send them emails for them to consider holding an information session in Nigeria, they have planned to do one in India. So, y'all might join in sending them emails as well, persuading them why they should come hold a session here as well.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by JesusDWay(m): 4:13am On Apr 17, 2016
tolurigs:
Hello house
I have evaluated my Nd with bsc thinking I would get a two or more cert,but am considering evaluating my ICAN cert maybe this could give me what I want.my question is;will my ICAN cert give me two or more cert.please help out before I waste my money undecided

No, ICAN doesn't give two or more certificates. So far, it's only ACCA that we have seen that gives 2 or more certificates cuz it's evaluated as equivalent of Bsc. Had it been the Diploma was done after Bsc, it would have given you 2certs but since, it was done before, it's like a progression to a higher degree.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by JesusDWay(m): 4:24am On Apr 17, 2016
40manlappy:

If it's possible to do the Treasury Bills in her name, going forward, it will be better. You have less hassles with CIC sniffing round disparities that may occur in the average balance of each month for the 6months history required(which mostly applies to Savings and Current Accounts). With FD and TBills, just write a letter of explanation to show it is the two she's using cuz it appears a lot of case officers just pick one out of the two when there's nothing saying the two are used together, which may result in they concluding you don't have sufficient money.

Hope this helps?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by SlowlybtSurely: 6:23am On Apr 17, 2016
labiz001:
Please house, any draw recently and what was the cut off point ?

Last draw was on the 6th April with 470 as cut-off.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by primeson1(m): 8:26am On Apr 17, 2016
SlowlybtSurely:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp

Input your scores in that link and see how one loses 50 marks under transferability with a listening score of 7.5 and 7 in others.

I would have suggested you remark your listening too, but there rarely will be any change in scores in reading and listening (in fact I haven't seen anybody it favoured) cos they are usually right or wrong answers and should not be missed by an examiner. Writing and speaking on the other hand, have better chances of score increase on remarking because they are subjective.

Goodluck with whatever you decide to do.

Thanks so much, I have visited the site and my score is 388 embarassed

What are my chances, can i apply for a provincial nomination, which province is good? i am an accountant [acca] with up to 3 years experience.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by premiracle: 8:31am On Apr 17, 2016
[quote author=premiracle post=44725855]Good day all, we have an issue and need your opinion. My husband's middle name was written as his first name and first name as middle name in his passport (as in a twist of names)
pls will that be an issue in the processing of our PR starting from academics credentials evaluation?
Can a note of explanation cover this? Or should he Go for correction?

Pls can anyone help with an immigration officer that can be of help with the names correction without cutting our neck at Abuja? I learnt official price is 7k but they charge as high as 70k. Pls help a sister. Thk u. Pls help
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by SlowlybtSurely: 10:07am On Apr 17, 2016
primeson1:
Thanks so much, I have visited the site and my score is 388 embarassed

What are my chances, can i apply for a provincial nomination, which province is good? i am an accountant [acca] with up to 3 years experience.

There is no province nominating at the moment. But you should look them up, know their requirements and prepare for when they resume nomination.

Did you do evaluation for your ACCA? If no, I suggest you do that so you can qualify for the "two or more certificates" category. Also, retake your IELTS and aim for CLB 9 (L8 R7 W7 S7). With your 3 year experience, CLB 9 in IELTS and age not more than 30, you stand a good chance of getting a CRS of atleast 450 with a possibility of getting a direct ITA.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Slydsolutions(m): 10:44am On Apr 17, 2016
Sorry I meant 'writing or 'speaking' are subject to the examiner.
Reading and listening are multiple choice questions so I doubt a remark would give a different score.
Sorry about the initial misinformation
Slydsolutions:
Hi

I do not want to be be party pooper, but the only sure fire way of getting a review on remark is when it's on 'writing' or 'listening' the others are pretty much what you got since they are multiple choice questions with definite answers, unlike the writing a listening that depends on the examiner.
Except you have an extra 15k to throw away. I suggest you, save that 15k and just rewrite the IELTS again.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by beyunce(f): 11:26am On Apr 17, 2016
JesusDWay:

It appears they upgraded their requirement - the Administrative Assistant now has to be Bilingual.

In addition, some group of folks I know are beginning to send them emails for them to consider holding an information session in Nigeria, they have planned to do one in India. So, y'all might join in sending them emails as well, persuading them why they should come hold a session here as well.

Thanks.
I saw that, I have other past experience that fit another Noc on the list. Tracking down my former employer to get a reference might just be difficult.
I hope they consider having one of their sessions here in Nigeria.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by irondome: 4:16pm On Apr 17, 2016
britiko:
@ irondome
please, how do you mean that international graduates are being favored by the express entry?
I'm I missing something? anything new? cos no score is being awarded for studying in Canada yet and it's being debated at the moment.

International graduates have access to post study work visa, which a lot of them (international graduates) lean on to get their 1-3 years of Canadian work experience. Good points are awarded for these years of experience.
To further buttress my point, if you take a look at the IRCC annual report of the number of applications processed between Jan 2015 and Jan 2016, over 78% of them were Inlanders (those who applied within Canada). Only 11.8% applied from outside (including those lucky enough to get PNP sponsorship).

When I read of international graduates in Canada whining about how unfair the EE system has been to them, i just ignore them. How unfair could IRCC be to applicants outside of Canada (push it further to less than 10%)? And honestly, if the new low is gonna be 470/460, International graduates would always have the advantage, as it's difficult for an Outlander to be 29 years of age, have a masters, a 3 years of work experience and be outstandingly good in English language testing.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by iphie25(f): 4:19pm On Apr 17, 2016
[quote author=premiracle post=44775065][/quote]

when you are ready to effect the change...hola. smiley
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by tolurigs: 4:29pm On Apr 17, 2016
JesusDWay:

No, ICAN doesn't give two or more certificates. So far, it's only ACCA that we have seen that gives 2 or more certificates cuz it's evaluated as equivalent of Bsc. Had it been the Diploma was done after Bsc, it would have given you 2certs but since, it was done before, it's like a progression to a higher degree.
Thank you for the response.hope Ontario will start inviting people to apply very soon!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 6:19pm On Apr 17, 2016
Slydsolutions:
Sorry I meant 'writing or 'speaking' are subject to the examiner.
Reading and listening are multiple choice questions so I doubt a remark would give a different score.
Sorry about the initial misinformation

Okay, thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by primeson1(m): 7:10pm On Apr 17, 2016
SlowlybtSurely:

There is no province nominating at the moment. But you should look them up, know their requirements and prepare for when they resume nomination.

Did you do evaluation for your ACCA? If no, I suggest you do that so you can qualify for the "two or more certificates" category. Also, retake your IELTS and aim for CLB 9 (L8 R7 W7 S7). With your 3 year experience, CLB 9 in IELTS and age not more than 30, you stand a good chance of getting a CRS of atleast 450 with a possibility of getting a direct ITA.

Yes wes has done my ACCA assessment, it remains my Bsc. Another ielts exam, nawa o.... 52k

Only ibadan, closer to lag still has space for June.

The province would have been str8 forward too.

Thanks, I am laying low for now.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by iphie25(f): 9:21pm On Apr 17, 2016
primeson1:

Yes wes has done my ACCA assessment, it remains my Bsc. Another ielts exam, nawa o.... 52k

Only ibadan, closer to lag still has space for June.

The province would have been str8 forward too.

Thanks, I am laying low for now.

its well....God will perfect that concerning you smiley
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 10:35pm On Apr 17, 2016
JesusDWay:

If it's possible to do the Treasury Bills in her name, going forward, it will be better. You have less hassles with CIC sniffing round disparities that may occur in the average balance of each month for the 6months history required(which mostly applies to Savings and Current Accounts). With FD and TBills, just write a letter of explanation to show it is the two she's using cuz it appears a lot of case officers just pick one out of the two when there's nothing saying the two are used together, which may result in they concluding you don't have sufficient money.

Hope this helps?

Thank you boss smiley

(1) (2) (3) ... (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) ... (821)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.