Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,218 members, 7,815,256 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:42 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (104) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2603385 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by britiko: 11:10pm On Apr 17, 2016
irondome:

International graduates have access to post study work visa, which a lot of them (international graduates) lean on to get their 1-3 years of Canadian work experience. Good points are awarded for these years of experience.
To further buttress my point, if you take a look at the IRCC annual report of the number of applications processed between Jan 2015 and Jan 2016, over 78% of them were Inlanders (those who applied within Canada). Only 11.8% applied from outside (including those lucky enough to get PNP sponsorship).

When I read of international graduates in Canada whining about how unfair the EE system has been to them, i just ignore them. How unfair could IRCC be to applicants outside of Canada (push it further to less than 10%)? And honestly, if the new low is gonna be 470/460, International graduates would always have the advantage, as it's difficult for an Outlander to be 29 years of age, have a masters, a 3 years of work experience and be outstandingly good in English language testing.

when people apply as inlanders it doesn't mean they are all students. some people came on various visas and applied. that being said if the international student argument was vague then the government wouldn't take a step towards their request. the truth is they cannot afford to joke with the international student not after all they've invested into the economy in terms of time and cash. An average international student spends nothing less than 60,000CAD during their educational pursuit, yet not awarded scores for studying in Canada.
Haba, would you love that if you were one of them. tell me , what are applicants from outside contributing to the Canadian economy? if not that the government are being benevolent. it takes time for them to integrate into the Canadian system and during this time the government suffers it. Moreover, the international students are scored based on the minimum one yr work experience, most outlanders get the max score for this. Any which way the government knows what's best for them. Mind you, PGWP does not guarantee these students PR If they don't get jobs in NOC O,A &B positions/jobs. A lot of international students who couldn't afford a two-year study course are stucked with a year post-graduate work permit. a lot of them will be returning back to their countries at the expiration of one year because employment is not automatic, it takes an Avg graduate abt 6 months to get a job and they have just less than 6 months on their work permit after securing the job, so tell me how they would be able to get the required work experience before the expiration of the so-called PGWP? its sad that they have to return to their home countries after spending so much in the quest of PR yet they couldnt get it. Tell me who gets a managerial position as a fresh graduate without the Canadian experience? that's where PNP comes in. if you were in their shoes you will feel their pain and understand their plights better.
(pls note I'm not hating, I'm just saying things as it is.)

you can read more on these links:
http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/express-entry-international-students-1.3483347
https://canadianimmigrationservices.org/international-students-and-express-entry/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by irondome: 12:07am On Apr 18, 2016
britiko:

when people apply as inlanders it doesn't mean they are all students. some people came on various visas and applied. that being said if the international student argument was vague then the government wouldn't take a step towards their request. the truth is they cannot afford to joke with the international student not after all they've invested into the economy in terms of time and cash. An average international student spends nothing less than 60,000CAD during their educational pursuit, yet not awarded scores for studying in Canada.
Haba, would you love that if you were one of them. tell me , what are applicants from outside contributing to the Canadian economy? if not that the government are being benevolent. it takes time for them to integrate into the Canadian system and during this time the government suffers it. Moreover, the international students are scored based on the minimum one yr work experience, most outlanders get the max score for this. Any which way the government knows what's best for them. Mind you, PGWP does not guarantee these students PR If they don't get jobs in NOC O,A &B. Tell me who gets a managerial position as a fresh graduate without the Canadian experience? that's where PNP comes in.
(pls note I'm not hating, I'm just saying things as it is.)

you can read more on these links:
http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/express-entry-international-students-1.3483347
https://canadianimmigrationservices.org/international-students-and-express-entry/
1. PR through studies has always been frowned at by immigration offices of most developed nations. That's why most student-visa applicants are required to prove their commitment to return to their home country after the expiration of their visa. In UK, the student route is almost non-existence. In Australia, for most occupations, they introduced a professional year concept, without which you can't be eligible to claim points for your studies. I opine that international students in Canada are way luckier as they have a rare advantage of working (and make money) for 1-3 years; and still be able to claim points for those years.

And for the record, tuition is way higher in Australia, I paid $35000 annually about 4 years ago and possibly over $40000 for current students.

2. Let's be realistic, aside from the cooks and the few individuals whose skills are in high demand, the rest of the inlanders are international graduates. Also, a number of these international students left Canada to apply from their home countries, suffice to assume that these few individuals would also slightly impact the number of applicants who applied from outside of Canada.
3. Who says NOC B and O are management jobs? Mind you, IRCC can not gaurantee ALL students PR, they can only provide a pathway, which they have done. IRCC simply expected them to invest their 2-3 years to scout for skilled job and bingo!!!, they get their migration points.

Trust me mate, most of those whining are those who either are unable to ACE their IELTS test or those who came-in to study for a diploma course. Come to think of it, an International graduate with Canadian Masters degree and a good IELTS score may not even need to hustle for the coveted Canadian work experience to bag their PR, they simply use the points allocated for Masters degree and Language score. And for international Students with Canadian BSc, they have 3 years of post study work visa (not sure though) to play with.

My take is, any action taken by IRCC to favor these guys would invariably make things lots more difficult for Outlanders because IRCC aint gonna increase their annual quota. Right now, the bulk of those being invited are majorly inlanders and very few outstanding outlanders. What else do they want?

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by britiko: 1:16am On Apr 18, 2016
irondome:

1. PR through studies has always been frowned at by immigration offices of most developed nations. That's why most student-visa applicants are required to prove their commitment to return to their home country after the expiration of their visa. In UK, the student route is almost non-existence. In Australia, for most occupations, they introduced a professional year concept, without which you can't be eligible to claim points for your studies. I opine that international students in Canada are way luckier as they have a rare advantage of working (and make money) for 1-3 years; and still be able to claim points for those years.

And for the record, tuition is way higher in Australia, I paid $35000 annually about 4 years ago and possibly over $40000 for current students.

2. Let's be realistic, aside from the cooks and the few individuals whose skills are in high demand, the rest of the inlanders are international graduates. Also, a number of these international students left Canada to apply from their home countries, suffice to assume that these few individuals would also slightly impact the number of applicants who applied from outside of Canada.
3. Who says NOC B and O are management jobs? Mind you, IRCC can not gaurantee ALL students PR, they can only provide a pathway, which they have done. IRCC simply expected them to invest their 2-3 years to scout for skilled job and bingo!!!, they get their migration points.

Trust me mate, most of those whining are those who either are unable to ACE their IELTS test or those who came-in to study for a diploma course. Come to think of it, an International graduate with Canadian Masters degree and a good IELTS score may not even need to hustle for the coveted Canadian work experience to bag their PR, they simply use the points allocated for Masters degree and Language score. And for international Students with Canadian BSc, they have 3 years of post study work visa (not sure though) to play with.

My take is, any action taken by IRCC to favor these guys would invariably make things lots more difficult for Outlanders because IRCC aint gonna increase their annual quota. Right now, the bulk of those being invited are majorly inlanders and very few outstanding outlanders. What else do they want?

You should understand that when these canadian schools are scouting for students they always tell them it leads to PR. You need to understand their plight before saying stuffs about them. How many masters holders from other countries are able to secure canadian masters admission? It's very competitive. So d colleges r always a pathway to d masters program if need be.If I may ask why didn't you stay in Australia after investing so much? It's diff strokes for diff folks. What they want to answer your question is to be recognized for studying and investing so much in the economy. Its part of the deal.Talking about ties, they just dont want pple constituting a nuisance if they r unable to adapt/integrate into the canadian system.
FYI, these same canadian immigration officers go to schools and enlighten the students on how to become citizens or get the PR status because they want them to stay back. And I just explained the plight of international students with a year PGWP to you in my previous post. Those with three years can always scale thru.
Guy, I think their demand is just and thank God for a listening government.May God bless our hustle.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 1:35am On Apr 18, 2016
britiko:

You should understand that when these canadian schools are scouting for students they always tell them it leads to PR. You need to understand their plight before saying stuffs about them. How many masters holders from other countries are able to secure canadian masters admission? It's very competitive. So d colleges r always a pathway to d masters program if need be.If I may ask why didn't you stay in Australia after investing so much? It's diff strokes for diff folks. What they want to answer your question is to be recognized for studying and investing so much in the economy. Its part of the deal.Talking about ties, they just dont want pple constituting a nuisance if they r unable to adapt/integrate into the canadian system.
FYI, these same canadian immigration officers go to schools and enlighten the students on how to become citizens or get the PR status because they want them to stay back. And I just explained the plight of international students with a year PGWP to you in my previous post. Those with three years can always scale thru.
Guy, I think their demand is just and thank God for a listening government.May God bless our hustle.
The schools are there to make money. Yes, they are into educational business, and would tell international students anything to make them bring that dollars since they receive little funding from the government.

It's very hard as it stands now for someone with a diploma or one year certificate course to obtain PR, irrespective of whether they get a 3 years pgwp or not. At that educational level, there are lots of Canadians with same qualifications. Most international students that I have seen scale the express entry hurdle without a job offer are those that graduated from a master's or PhD program in Canada. A lot of diplomas and certificates holders are now relocating to Saskatchewan and Manitoba to make use of the pnp option. the Saskatchewan government already realised this and made the eligibility of pnp application for out of province international graduates a bit harder(from 1 year work experience with a sask employer and at least 12 month program to 2 years work experience working for a sask employer and atleast a 16 months program). The economy is no longer booming. Canada has a resource based economy just like Nigeria, and it's currently not doing well.

The express entry program has been designed to favour the highly skilled, the best and most talented, and not just any one taking a diploma or certificate program from a college in Canada. A diploma or certificate or any academic pursuit does not guarantee right to permanent residence. International students spend a lot of money true, but home students also take out loans which are costly. ( loan for diploma would set a student back by atleast $35,000). Since they have no sponsor to finance their education, they need to pay back their student loans and not have to worry about competing with international graduates in an already saturated job market. I believe that is fair.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by irondome: 1:52am On Apr 18, 2016
britiko:

1. Canadian schools do not equate IRCC; as such, IRCC is not under any compulsion to bulge. And they decided to, good on them.
2. An investment in Msc is seen as investment in education and not a route to migration by most countries.Several Students in UK, US and Australia invested so much in MSc and had to leave after their various programs. So what makes Canadian International graduate any more special.
For instance, in my own class of 15 international students in a top Uni in Australia, only 4 of us were able to stay. The others had to leave after the expiration of their temp visas because that was the deal. DIBP didn't promise PR along with student visa. Same applies to Canadian students, IRCC didn't promise anyone PR visa after studies; the deal obviously was certificate + PGWP .

For those with 1 year PGWP, if their degree was MSc, then, they should simply ACE their IELTS like every other skilled migrant had to. And if they went in for a diploma, they should simply re-enroll for further studies for more years of PGWP.

Am not hating on anyone as am already a resident, am just saying --they shouldn't push IRCC to literally convert a Skilled Migration scheme to post study migration scheme.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by britiko: 1:56am On Apr 18, 2016
[quote author=princey83 post=44799917]
The schools are there to make money. Yes, they are into educational business, and would tell international students anything to make them bring that dollars since they receive little funding from the government.
It's very hard as it stands now for someone with a diploma or one year certificate course to obtain PR, irrespective of whether they get a 3 years pgwp or not. Most international students that I have seen scale the express entry hurdle without a job offer are those that graduated from a master's or PhD program in Canada. A lot of diplomas and certificates holders are now relocating to Saskatchewan and Manitoba to make use of the pnp option. the Saskatchewan government already realised this and made the eligibility of pnp application for out of province international graduates a bit harder(from 1 year work experience with a sask employer and at least 12 month program to 2 years work experience working for a sask employer and atleast a 16 months program). The express entry program has been designed to favour the highly skilled, the best and most talented, and not just any one taking a diploma or certificate program from a college in

The public colleges are funded by the government. College education is not free even for the canadians. Most private colleges won't lead to a PGWP. I have seen students that graduated from diploma courses getting their PR using their international work experience despite the fact that they have 3 years PGWP. Mind you, you can only apply for a PGWP only once, even if you go back gor further studies.
And we've got loads of brilliant and talented students amongst them. Presently I'm praying along with a friend wjo came in from UK.he's got BSC, ACCA,and even CPA a canadian certification. Yet he could only afford a yr post graduate diploma programme and got a yr PGWP but he's yet to secure a job 6 months after getting his PGWP. He was the best graduating student.Tell me he's not good enough to get the PR.
I've seen scholars that did their masters in the UK yet couldn't obtain a master's admission in canada. They opted for the college . The best candidate for express entry are those who have shown that they can adapt and integrate into the system without hitches.this is my opinion, I'm not against any stream of immigrants. I believe the government knows what is best for them so also d various provinces.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by britiko: 2:05am On Apr 18, 2016
irondome:

1. Canadian schools do not equate IRCC; as such, IRCC is not under any compulsion to bulge. And they decided to, good on them.
2. An investment in Msc is seen as investment in education and not a route to migration by most countries.Several Students in UK, US and Australia invested so much in MSc and had to leave after their various programs. So what makes Canadian International graduate any more special.
For instance, in my own class of 15 international students in a top Uni in Australia, only 4 of us were able to stay. The others had to leave after the expiration of their temp visas because that was the deal. DIBP didn't promise PR along with student visa. Same applies to Canadian students, IRCC didn't promise anyone PR visa after studies; the deal obviously was certificate + PGWP .

For those with 1 year PGWP, if their degree was MSc, then, they should simply ACE their IELTS like every other skilled migrant had to. And if they went in for a diploma, they should simply re-enroll for further studies for more years of PGWP.

Am not hating on anyone as am already a resident, am just saying --they shouldn't push IRCC to literally convert a Skilled Migration scheme to post study migration scheme.

You get to apply for a post PGWP only once.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 2:07am On Apr 18, 2016
britiko:

There you go wrong again.the public colleges are funded by the government. Most private colleges won't lead to a PGWP. I have seen students that graduated from diploma courses getting their PR using their international work experience despite the fact that they have 3 years PGWP.
And we've got loads of brilliant and talented students amongst them. Presently I'm praying along with a friend wjo came in from UK.he's got BSC, ACCA,and even CPA a canadian certification. Yet he could only afford a yr post graduate diploma programme and got a yr PGWP but he's yet to secure a job 6 months after getting his PGWP. He was the best graduating student.Tell me he's not good enough to get the PR.
I've seen scholars that did their masters in the UK yet couldn't obtain a master's admission in canada. They opted for the college . The best candidate for express entry are those who have shown that they can adapt and integrate into the system without hitches.this is my opinion, I'm not against any stream of immigrants. I believe the government knows what is best for them do also d various provinces.
don't get me wrong. I never said they weren't funded by government, I said they receive limited funding from the government hence they need to recruit international students. I am glad you mentioned that your friend has international work experience; then he is not regular no work experience, fresh from high school or university that make up the bulk or international students on diploma or certificate program. Do you know why your friend may be finding it to secure a job, i believe it's tough out there. there are many Canadians and PR's with similar qualifications+Canadian work experience which your friend may be lacking. All in all, he shouldn't give up. The best candidate for express entry are the ones that can benefit an employer hence the Canadian economy in the long run irrespective of whether he is an international graduate or an highly skilled worker that has never stepped foot on Canadian soil.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by britiko: 2:10am On Apr 18, 2016
princey83:

don't get me wrong. I never said they weren't funded by government, I said they receive limited funding from the government hence they need to recruit international students. I am glad you mentioned that your friend has international work experience; then he is not regular no work experience, fresh from high school or university that make up the bulk or international students on diploma or certificate program. Do you know why your friend may be finding it to secure a job, i believe it's tough out there. there are many Canadians and PR's with similar qualifications+Canadian work experience which your friend may be lacking. All in all, he shouldn't give up. The best candidate for express entry are the ones that can benefit an employer hence the Canadian economy in the long run irrespective of whether he is an international graduate or an highly skilled worker that has never stepped foot on Canadian soil.

No he doesn't have no work experience. I said international students with the 3 yrs PGWP USUALLY end up applying for PR with their international work experience.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by britiko: 2:15am On Apr 18, 2016
princey83:

You are right. That's why someone that has had education there and understands the culture should be given a preference. These skilled workers started as students right? They didn't become skilled over night. It was a journey of a thousand miles...And most of them actually invested in other countries which was of no benefit to thrm on the long run. Don't tell me they were happy when they were leaving these various countries for their home country.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 2:16am On Apr 18, 2016
britiko:

No he doesn't have no work experience. I said international students with the 3 yrs PGWP USUALLY end up applying for PR with their international work experience.
If they could get the PR with their international work experience, then why bother with Canadian education?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 2:19am On Apr 18, 2016
britiko:

You are right. That's why someone that has had education there and understands the culture should be given a preference. These skilled workers started as students right? They didn't become skilled over night. It was a journey of a thousand miles...And most of them actually invested in other countries which was of no benefit to thrm on the long run. Don't tell me they were happy when they were leaving these various countries for their home country.
How long does it take to understand the culture of a country? people that came in through PR directly from different countries are doing well just as international graduates. most of the foreign senior engineers that came in directly through PR working for shell, husky, suncor e.t.c are doing well in their roles. Same goes for foreign trained healthcare workers all over canada. Some even came to Canada a month before resuming their post. I think this Canadian culture thing is overrated.lol
I have met a lot of Irish workers in Canada, and Canadian culture or integration was the least of their worries when they were coming to Canada.
with respect to preference, Employers would only look out for those that would benefit them the most irrespective of whether international or local.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by britiko: 2:29am On Apr 18, 2016
irondome:

I'm happy you are now a resident. You will understand better. Canadian students are special because the immigration policy is favorable to them. The government acknowledges their impact in the system and also recognizes diversity and inclusion.

How many of these skilled immigrants get a proper skilled job when they arrive? Let's be factual. It takes time for most pple. Just a lucky few get settled in on time. That is where the international graduates are better off. They gain coop/internship work exp whIle studying. They understand d system better off.But the express entry system short changes them. I rest my case.

Welcome buddy.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by britiko: 2:35am On Apr 18, 2016
princey83:

How long does it take to understand the culture of a country? people that came in through PR directly from different countries are doing well just as international graduates. most of the foreign senior engineers that came in directly through PR working for shell, husky, suncor e.t.c are doing well in their roles. Same goes for foreign trained healthcare workers all over canada. Some even came to Canada a month before resuming their post. I think this Canadian culture thing is overrated.lol
I have met a lot of Irish workers in Canada, and Canadian culture or integration was the least of their worries when they were coming to Canada.
with respect to preference, Employers would only look out for those that would benefit them the most irrespective of whether international or local.

Of course it would be the least of their worries untill they start relating with the Canadians. It rould never occur as a bih thing. We all experience cultiral dhocj when we change our environment. Infact this culture thing and work ethics is taken as a course in some programs cos we've got lots of diversity in canada.

By d way it seems we r d only ones awake.lol
R u in canada?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by britiko: 2:40am On Apr 18, 2016
princey83:

If they could get the PR with their international work experience, then why bother with Canadian education?

The immigration system was not like this before.
The express entry changed d game and favors the skilled workers more. The students didn't have to be in same pool with them before.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 2:41am On Apr 18, 2016
irondome:

International graduates have access to post study work visa, which a lot of them (international graduates) lean on to get their 1-3 years of Canadian work experience. Good points are awarded for these years of experience.

When I read of international graduates in Canada whining about how unfair the EE system has been to them, i just ignore them. How unfair could IRCC be to applicants outside of Canada (push it further to less than 10%)? And honestly, if the new low is gonna be 470/460, International graduates would always have the advantage, as it's difficult for an Outlander to be 29 years of age, have a masters, a 3 years of work experience and be outstandingly good in English language testing.
This is true. A physio friend of mine from the UK got his PR even before he completed his master's degree in Canada. Through the study visa, he was able to write and pass the professional exams for physio, he got points for that on the express entry application. He also got good points for Canadian work experience. He works part time as a physio after clearing all his exams.

Even though he would also get points for studying in Canada, he didn't even wait to graduate before applying for the express entry program. If he wasn't with a student visa in the first place, he would not have been eligible to sit for the physio exams or work part-time as a physio in Canada.
This is why I said, no matter what, an highly skilled worker would always find it easy to get nominated through the express entry program.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 2:42am On Apr 18, 2016
britiko:

Of course it would be the least of their worries untill they start relating with the Canadians. It rould never occur as a bih thing. We all experience cultiral dhocj when we change our environment. Infact this culture thing and work ethics is taken as a course in some programs cos we've got lots of diversity in canada.

By d way it seems we r d only ones awake.lol
R u in canada?
yes oo my brother... m in Canada. lol. as you talk awake sef, sleep don dey worry me grin

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by britiko: 2:43am On Apr 18, 2016
princey83:

This is true. A physio friend of mine from the UK got his PR even before he completed his master's degree in Canada. Through the study visa, he was able to write and pass the professional exams for physio, he got points for that on the express entry application. He also got good points for Canadian work experience. He works part time as a physio after clearing all his exams.

Even though he would also get points for studying in Canada, he didn't even wait to graduate before applying for the express entry program. If he wasn't with a student visa in the first place, he would not have been eligible to sit for the physio exams or work part-time as a physio in Canada.
This is why I said, no matter what, an highly skilled worker would always find it easy to get nominated through the express entry program.

Currently he wouldn't get point for studying in canada. Thas what our kind debate is all abt. Lol
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by irondome: 2:44am On Apr 18, 2016
britiko:

You get to apply for a post PGWP only once.

I feel their pains, but no sane government would make PR too easy for ALL international students. At the very least, they can work toward their masters or a second diploma, and then ACE their IELTS.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 2:47am On Apr 18, 2016
britiko:

The immigration system was not like this before.
The express entry changed d game and favors the skilled workers more. The students didn't have to be in same pool with them before.
I have been in Canada all through the changes. The CEC was the previous system. This favoured so many students, the highly skilled and the unhighly skilled. But now the new system favours the more highly skilled students.
The express entry is more difficult than the system in place before. In my days, all you needed was a 67 points that was kind of easy to achieve once you have a master's degree and can ace ielts.
The express entry made everything harder for both all category of applicants.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 2:48am On Apr 18, 2016
britiko:

Currently he wouldn't get point for studying in canada. Thas what our kind debate is all abt. Lol
if i remember clearly, he would get. we filled his form together back then.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by britiko: 2:49am On Apr 18, 2016
irondome:

I feel their pains, but no sane government would make PR too easy for ALL international students. At the very least, they can work toward their masters or a second diploma, and then ACE their IELTS.
He aced his celpip. But no work experience yet.
Listening 12, Reading 9,Speaking 9, Writing 9.
Abi he no try? But he's married.

A second diploma does not entitle u to another PGWP. You get to apply only once.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by britiko: 2:50am On Apr 18, 2016
princey83:

if i remember clearly, he would get. we filled his form together back then.

No there's no point for studying in canada.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by britiko: 2:51am On Apr 18, 2016
princey83:

I have been in Canada all through the changes. The CEC was the previous system. This favoured so many students, the highly skilled and the unhighly skilled. But now the new system favours the more highly skilled students.
The express entry is more difficult than the system in place before. In my days, all you needed was a 67 points that was kind of easy to achieve once you have a master's degree and can ace ielts.
The express entry made everything harder for both all category of applicants.

Now u get. That 67 points only makes you elligible to be in the pool now
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 2:52am On Apr 18, 2016
britiko:

No there's no point for studying in canada.
I must have forgotten then. if there is indeed no point, then students should get something in the line of cert, diploma, post grad cert, masters, PhD.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by britiko: 2:52am On Apr 18, 2016
@irondome & prince
Good nyt nice chatting with you.
Opefully we gist more over a cup of coffe at Tims.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by irondome: 2:53am On Apr 18, 2016
britiko:

He aced his celpip. But no work experience yet.
Listening 12, Reading 9,Speaking 9, Writing 9.
Abi he no try? But he's married.

A second diploma does not entitle u to another PGWP. You get to apply only once.

2nd diploma would fetch additional 50 for transferable skill. That's something to work with

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 2:53am On Apr 18, 2016
britiko:

Now u get. That 67 points only makes you elligible to be in the pool now
Na waoh ... that's why I said the express entry made things difficult in all category. With the liberal in power, they usually favour immigration, so things would change hopefully, soon.
one bad thing about liberal is that they make a mess of immigration programs hence creating huge backlogs. I mean backlogs that could take 7 years to process.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 2:56am On Apr 18, 2016
britiko:
@irondome & prince
Good nyt nice chatting with you.
Opefully we gist more over a cup of coffe at Tims.
no worries bro. I move across provinces a lot due to work, so who knows where we might meet. nice having this discussion with you take care n goodnight.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by britiko: 2:57am On Apr 18, 2016
irondome:

2nd diploma would fetch additional 50 for transferable skill. That's something to work with
Cash. 230 naira to a CAD now.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by irondome: 2:59am On Apr 18, 2016
britiko:

I'm happy you are now a resident. You will understand better. Canadian students are special because the immigration policy is favorable to them. The government acknowledges their impact in the system and also recognizes diversity and inclusion.

How many of these skilled immigrants get a proper skilled job when they arrive? Let's be factual. It takes time for most pple. Just a lucky few get settled in on time. That is where the international graduates are better off. They gain coop/internship work exp whIle studying. They understand d system better off.But the express entry system short changes them. I rest my case.

Welcome buddy.

You are trying to eat your cake and have it. You said " the dude caught in the new EE web doesn't have a skill job or has not done a skilled job over the last one year" So we can conclude that he or she is yet to integrate fully into the Canadian work culture system; as such, should NOT be valued ahead of outstanding outlanders.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by britiko: 3:03am On Apr 18, 2016
irondome:

You are trying to eat your cake and have it. You said " the dude caught in the new EE web doesn't have a skill job or has not done a skilled job over the last one year" So we can conclude that he or she is yet to integrate fully into the Canadian work culture system; as such, should NOT be valued ahead of outstanding outlanders.

My point is that he has contributed in the economy one way or the other. He's got coop work experience. He's just unfortunate not to have enough funds to pursue a second course. And if such a person has enough time on his PGWP he will excel. He's got brains and talented.

(1) (2) (3) ... (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) ... (821)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 143
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.