Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,317 members, 7,815,601 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:06 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (261) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2603973 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (258) (259) (260) (261) (262) (263) (264) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Adiahabasi: 7:05am On Feb 05, 2017
abbyode:
This is for all the gurus in this house.

I have been a silent reader of this thread since last year and I have been following all the conversation. However, I have some few questions.
I have an MEng, MBA, PGD & HND (Elect & Elect) all evaluated by WES. My IELTS results came out yesterday in which myself and my wife performed poorly though. We both scored 6.5 and 6 average (We dint really prepare for it). I am the PA and my wife ECA is not yet ready.

Be that as it may, I still entered the pool and got a CRS score of 325 which is surprisingly low. Now the questions...

1. Could this be as a result of the poor IELTS result?
2. Could this be age related as I am 40 and wifey is 39?
3. Why is this score so low?
4. What other options can we pursue?

I have entered the Job Bank and discovered I could apply for couple of jobs there.
We are planning to write IELTS again but I'm just wondering if that alone will fetch enough marks to get an ITA.

Your advice is needed please.

Thank you!
IMO, it might not be necessary to rewrite ielts since it won't still be up to the lowest cut off there has ever been 450. But who knows it may go lower.

Your best best is provincial nomination, go through Saskatchewan PN and Novas scotia's Page as well. Both don't require a job offer. You could also PM Arcayo for more info,he went thru that route.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by boldinc(m): 7:37am On Feb 05, 2017
Hey vcole, dupyshoo StS... What do you guys think please... If i send the bulk sum for POF to my wife's account and include an LOE with respect to that, would I need to send in my account statement as well? It could be done from my personal account or the company account which she is also on the board (maybe a board resolution to that effect)?

Please advice guys. Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Thetherapist: 7:55am On Feb 05, 2017
Adiahabasi:
Be on the look out for Nova Scotia PNP as well. Hopefully, they'll start accepting applications before the middle of the year. They've got Physiotherapy & OT on their current list.

Thanks. Please do you know any health professional that applied and got nominated in the NSPNP. I read through the site and check their application guide. They need a proof of eligibility that one can work in Canada. Certification with licensing bodies. Any contrary opinion? See the screen shot please.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by walejummy: 9:25am On Feb 05, 2017
dannio:

lt takes 10 business working days but factor in that their volume of work has increase significantly for me over 10 days.

The key thing is let your school send the transcript to IQAS promptly and let IQAS receive it then sit back and watch IQAS work their magic
pls house, I need your view and candid advice on my case, have read over 50% of this trend, I wish to apply but my concern is my university school result, I had pass as my grade, and am currently working with a microfinance, will this my university grade affect my application or obstruct me during credentials evaluation? Thanks m expecting ur candid advice
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by walejummy: 9:31am On Feb 05, 2017
pls house, I need your view and candid advice on my case, have read over 50% of this trend, I wish to apply but my concern is my university school result, I had pass as my grade, and am currently working with a microfinance, will this my university grade affect my application or obstruct me during credentials evaluation? Will the grade also reduce my points, i have all finance to process and i also have work experance, am always luck in term of job, pls i need advices. Thanks m expecting ur candid advice
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by mamatwiny(f): 10:29am On Feb 05, 2017
@all,
We have plans to relocate to canny next year.
My maiden Intl passport has expired and I intend to change my name in the new one to maiden surname -hubby surname. I also want my kids surname to bear- hubbyname- hubby surname. Will that have any negative implications when we are ready to immigrate?

Eg. Hubby name - chike okoli
My intending surname- amadi- Okoli
Kids surname - favor chike- okoli

(All names are not real)
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by wehrmatch: 10:53am On Feb 05, 2017
Good day Nairalanders,

I am currently preparing to process my certificate with WES and i have the following questions.

1,Will submitting both my Bsc Accounting and ICAN (ACA) Certificate be of any use to increase my points or should I just submit only my BSc??
2. My Wife has a Diploma in Banking and Finance from UNIABUJA, will getting a credential assessment for this help boost our scores??

Awaiting a response...Cheers
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by esosa4real(m): 1:02pm On Feb 05, 2017
vcole:
1) i asked here and someone advised to scan all pages including the finger print and passport photo attached side
2) I think i answered this earlier, reference letter written in ircc format would suffice, anything else such as payslips or ppa letter are supporting and not mandatory. as fusion23 advised, do not submit your discharge certificate.
3) Weird, seeing as you wrote your exam in 2017. Write the date on your trf.
4) Get your medicals done here, its cheaper....I think dupyshoo answered all of these medicals questions earlier and boldinc put up a post of qlife's price list and contact details, you can call them for further questions

Thanks vcole,oh I didn't see the earlier posts!! Godbless you! Am already on my way back to Base!! One love and I wish you success in your pR application!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by IamIye: 3:02pm On Feb 05, 2017
Hello all...please I'm still awaiting responses from the gurus in the house. sad

Thank you.

espaciousay08:
I think the Gurus are on Saturday break, I am also patiently waiting too.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by IamIye: 3:04pm On Feb 05, 2017
IamIye:
Hello all. Trust you're having a good weekend.

Please how do I go about getting a gift deed? Can I see a sample if anybody has one?

Also can the gurus in the house please suggest when would be the best time to add my spouse to my application and how to go about it because my court wedding is after I've submitted my application.

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Bimpsy99: 3:17pm On Feb 05, 2017
Hi from people who have evaluated ICAN with WES, it doesn't add any point.

The ND your wife has can be evaluated to get a little more point. It is equivalent to their two year diploma

wehrmatch:
Good day Nairalanders,

I am currently preparing to process my certificate with WES and i have the following questions.

1,Will submitting both my Bsc Accounting and ICAN (ACA) Certificate be of any use to increase my points or should I just submit only my BSc??
2. My Wife has a Diploma in Banking and Finance from UNIABUJA, will getting a credential assessment for this help boost our scores??

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by wehrmatch: 3:43pm On Feb 05, 2017
Bimpsy99:
Hi from people who have evaluated ICAN with WES, it doesn't add any point.

The ND your wife has can be evaluated to get a little more point. It is equivalent to their two year diploma

Thanks @Bimpsy Really appreciate

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by OGIYEN: 3:44pm On Feb 05, 2017
@dupyshoo i greet you and all our good people, please i saw on my mail from ICS a new program coming up in march, NEW ATLANTIC PILOT PROGRAM, for 4 province , NEW BRUNSWICK, NF,NOVA SCOTIA and prince edward island ,please @ our amiable dupyshoo can you help us confirm this, it state that they will not be needing LMIA and is for a particular noc categorize into 3 sections.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 4:15pm On Feb 05, 2017
OGIYEN:
@dupyshoo i greet you and all our good people, please i saw on my mail from ICS a new program coming up in march,NEW ATLANTIC PILOT PROGRAM, for 4 province , NEW BRUNSWICK, NF,NOVA SCOTIA and prince edward island ,please @ our amiable dupyshoo can you help us confirm this, it state that they will not be needing LMIA and is for a particular noc categorize into 3 sections.

wow this will be interesting l just searched with the highlighted in capital.Still reading and looking out for more details

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/atlantic/eligibility.asp
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by vcole: 4:16pm On Feb 05, 2017
[quote author=esosa4real post=53436999]

Thanks vcole,oh I didn't see the earlier posts!! Godbless you! Am already on my way back to Base!! One love and I wish you success in your pR application![/quote
Have a safe trip. Yea, I didn't see d post myself until it was quoted. I kept posting and it kept showing failed since Friday.
All the best with yours too. Ita loading in a few days.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nwaonyeocha: 8:22pm On Feb 05, 2017
Good evening house.
Please, which of these is the the fastest for ECA from experience?

* International credit evaluation service
* International Qualifications Assessment Service
* World Education Services
* International Credential Assessment Service of Canada
* Comparative Education Service – University of Toronto School of Continuing Studies
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 8:35pm On Feb 05, 2017
Nwaonyeocha:
Good evening house.

* Comparative Education Service – University of Toronto School of Continuing Studies

IQAS
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Bimpsy99: 8:49pm On Feb 05, 2017
International Credential Assessment Service of Canada 'ICAS' takes an average of 8-9 months in real sense, A NO-Go area from my experience. sad

I hear IQAS is relatively fast based on people's comments here.

WES takes an average of 20 working days and about two months or more in reality due to the verification of credentials sent to your university (So it depends on the school's response rate).

You should consider what degree you are evaluating. Eg, For HND, WES is recommended as the ECA gives you more points. Also, I have read from this thread that for Law graduates, IQAS gives a more favorable assessment.

Another thing to note asides the speed of delivery is that if you are looking at provincial nomination, you may want to check from the website of the province what assessment body they would prefer you use.

All the best.

st=53449349]Good evening hous

* Comparative Education Service – University of Toronto School of Continuing Studies[/quote]
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Adiahabasi: 8:52pm On Feb 05, 2017
Thetherapist:

Thanks. Please do you know any health professional that applied and got nominated in the NSPNP. I read through the site and check their application guide. They need a proof of eligibility that one can work in Canada. Certification with licensing bodies. Any contrary opinion? See the screen shot please.
I know of an OT that went in thru Nova Scotia PNP. He wrote no licensing exams prior to leaving.I don't think that really matters. Are you a Physio?You can send me a pm,wld try to see if I can still get his contact.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Osemigho: 10:38pm On Feb 05, 2017
vcole:
My response said pay slips and ppa letter are supporting and not mandatory. That means if he has them, he can use them to support his app. Otherwise, in lieu of any evidence of payment, a reference letter for that job in ircc format is the mandatory document to show proof of work experience.
I used my nysc experience and submitted a reference letter, ppa posting letter n bank statement covering that period.

Please, did your profile fly with Nysc alone?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nwaonyeocha: 11:38pm On Feb 05, 2017
Thank you.

dannio:

IQAS
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nwaonyeocha: 11:40pm On Feb 05, 2017
Am verifying HND certificate.
I want to do it and keep. Whichever program that comes up where I am qualified, I will use it.

Bimpsy99:
International Credential Assessment Service of Canada 'ICAS' takes an average of 8-9 months in real sense, A NO-Go area from my experience. sad

I hear IQAS is relatively fast based on people's comments here.

WES takes an average of 20 working days and about two months or more in reality due to the verification of credentials sent to your university (So it depends on the school's response rate).

You should consider what degree you are evaluating. Eg, For HND, WES is recommended as the ECA gives you more points. Also, I have read from this thread that for Law graduates, IQAS gives a more favorable assessment.

Another thing to note asides the speed of delivery is that if you are looking at provincial nomination, you may want to check from the website of the province what assessment body they would prefer you use.

All the best.

st=53449349]Good evening hous

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Thetherapist: 6:25am On Feb 06, 2017
Adiahabasi:
I know of an OT that went in thru Nova Scotia PNP. He wrote no licensing exams prior to leaving.I don't think that really matters. Are you a Physio?You can send me a pm,wld try to see if I can still get his contact.

Thanks for your time. I am a Physio. PM sent
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by boldinc(m): 7:34am On Feb 06, 2017
Having a pass on your grade would not affect your score as they only need to know you graduated... However, getting a job over there might be affected, but as you said you are always lucky with regards to that and with your working experience, it might be a breeze.

All the best!

walejummy:
pls house, I need your view and candid advice on my case, have read over 50% of this trend, I wish to apply but my concern is my university school result, I had pass as my grade, and am currently working with a microfinance, will this my university grade affect my application or obstruct me during credentials evaluation? Will the grade also reduce my points, i have all finance to process and i also have work experance, am always luck in term of job, pls i need advices. Thanks m expecting ur candid advice

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by boldinc(m): 7:36am On Feb 06, 2017
You should not have any issues, as long as you have all old documents and proof of change of name... You should be fine.

All the best!

mamatwiny:
@all,
We have plans to relocate to canny next year.
My maiden Intl passport has expired and I intend to change my name in the new one to maiden surname -hubby surname. I also want my kids surname to bear- hubbyname- hubby surname. Will that have any negative implications when we are ready to immigrate?

Eg. Hubby name - chike okoli
My intending surname- amadi- Okoli
Kids surname - favor chike- okoli

(All names are not real)
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by boldinc(m): 7:37am On Feb 06, 2017
I used WES and got everything done not more than a month...

Nwaonyeocha:
Good evening house.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Adrianbuwan: 8:06am On Feb 06, 2017
Good Morning House.I am just starting my Express Skilled Entry application.I have got an MSC,BSC and Dip in Economics.Do I need to get all assessed or MSc alone or MSc and Bsc as it will b difficult to get the Diploma certificate ready.MSc alone will be best for me though.
Thanks in anticipation
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 9:57am On Feb 06, 2017
I am only just hearing about this. Thanks for sharing the info. I have just read about it. The good thing is that job offer does not require LMIA. It is therefore a good opportunity to migrate to Canada for those with low CRS scores.
For anyone who has plans to utilise this route, It is better to start looking for jobs in the provinces now.

OGIYEN:
@dupyshoo i greet you and all our good people, please i saw on my mail from ICS a new program coming up in march, NEW ATLANTIC PILOT PROGRAM, for 4 province , NEW BRUNSWICK, NF,NOVA SCOTIA and prince edward island ,please @ our amiable dupyshoo can you help us confirm this, it state that they will not be needing LMIA and is for a particular noc categorize into 3 sections.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 9:58am On Feb 06, 2017
MSc alone will suffice.
Adrianbuwan:
Good Morning House.I am just starting my Express Skilled Entry application.I have got an MSC,BSC and Dip in Economics.Do I need to get all assessed or MSc alone or MSc and Bsc as it will b difficult to get the Diploma certificate ready.MSc alone will be best for me though.
Thanks in anticipation
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by elothaddi(m): 10:32am On Feb 06, 2017
Aside registering with job sites like Indeed.ca, monster etc and randomly checking company website, is there any other better means of looking for jobs in those provinces ?

dupyshoo:
I am only just hearing about this. Thanks for sharing the info. I have just read about it. The good thing is that job offer does not require LMIA. It is therefore a good opportunity to migrate to Canada for those with low CRS scores.
For anyone who has plans to utilise this route, It is better to start looking for jobs in the provinces now.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 10:48am On Feb 06, 2017
Try LinkedIn.

elothaddi:
Aside registering with job sites like Indeed.ca, monster etc and randomly checking company website, is there any other better means of looking for jobs in those provinces ?

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Garykasparov: 11:11am On Feb 06, 2017
wehrmatch:
Good day Nairalanders,

1,Will submitting both my Bsc Accounting and ICAN (ACA) Certificate be of any use to increase my points or should I just submit only my BSc?? - Dont include ICAN, it adds no value
Yes, its a post-secondary school qualification, it will boost your score, albeit, minimally

Find response within

(1) (2) (3) ... (258) (259) (260) (261) (262) (263) (264) ... (821)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.