Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,067 members, 7,810,994 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:17 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (300) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2599596 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (297) (298) (299) (300) (301) (302) (303) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by bigheadday: 8:20pm On Feb 25, 2017
40manlappy:
@bigheadday

If you don't have a valid job offer, simply answer "No".

Age may no longer be on your side.

To get a higher score, you may encourage your wife to write IELTS. Try to evaluate her educational qualifications too so that you can claim more points through her.

On the other hand, you may consider your wife as the principal applicant if younger and has more qualifications. Use the CRS Tool to determine who stands a better chance.

@40manlappy... Thanks a million. She's 30 with Bsc and all that. But I believe I can do better in the IELTS than her. Though I want her to write the April exam just to boost our points but not sure she will make that much grade in the IELTS to enable her be the principal applicant. What advice would you proffer bros? I appreciate your input so much. Thank you. As for the valid job offer, no I don't have any. Is there a way out of it? Though I have over 6 years experience here in naija. Further advice will be much appreciated bros. Thanks a lot.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Beckyhopeful: 8:22pm On Feb 25, 2017
Thanks for your response.I am so grateful.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Pinkygrace(f): 8:30pm On Feb 25, 2017
teehey:

@ Pinkgrace, I have gotten ECA from PEBC for wify, she had 6.5,6.5, 7,7 in her IELTS with 3 years experience. i have my ECA for my Bsc too with 6,7,6.5,6.5 in LRWS with 3 years experience. Pls what do think our CSR will look like. Thanks

Use the tool posted below by 40manlappy, to calculate. But she might need to write IELTS again and aim for 8777 in LRSW

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Beckyhopeful: 8:36pm On Feb 25, 2017
olyveoyl:

You complete the online application and submit.
Thanks for your reply.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Onlineise(m): 8:42pm On Feb 25, 2017
Quick One Peeps: Wifey lived in the US for 5 months, 2weeks and 5days...I believe technically this is not 6months yet...so I need not pursue the FBI Pcc, am I wrong?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by funjy: 8:43pm On Feb 25, 2017
Pls help while filling Wes application form I noticed that my type of institutions for both my HND and OND was showed as teacher training colleges and when I click on the back button my HND shows as secondary education while my OND shows as HND shows as teacher training colleges.

Has anyone ever experienced this?. How do I correct/ edit it, though I have sent a mail to Wes.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ugoiyke79e2: 10:55pm On Feb 25, 2017
Hello house....
kindly help advise on these.
my intl pp will expire 23/october and i intent to submit my eAPR latest april.
this means i will have exactly about 6mnths validity left on d passport at d tym of submission of my application.
my questions are
1) do i need to renew this passport?
2) if yes, at what point shld i renew it and can ma passport be changed after already submiting an application??
3) what is d time limit b4 one can apply for passport renewal with naija immigrations?

Secondly, pls has anyone who used LOE for large deposits from spouse plsss kindly post a sample here?

@ dupyshoo..vcole..and other gurus in da house.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by pauloverdi: 11:06pm On Feb 25, 2017
I just got an ITA, and I'm in the process of continuing the online application. however im stuck trying to select which activity type NYSC falls under in the section for "personal activities". is it a military service?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Ehrnie: 11:30pm On Feb 25, 2017
pauloverdi:
I just got an ITA, and I'm in the process of continuing the online application. however im stuck trying to select which activity type NYSC falls under in the section for "personal activities". is it a military service?

NYSC is employment. This question has been answered some pages back.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Temidewale: 11:44pm On Feb 25, 2017
Hello, please apart from bank account balance, what can be used as POF for ONIP? My account balance does not hold the required settlement fund at the moment and I have received a letter from Ontario. Is valuation of properties like house,acceptable, with the intention to sell once PR is approved?
olyveoyl:

Two ways, one let the person register in one of the job banks, look through jobs that matches his profile or career and then apply. You can then print out the acknowledgement of the application and include it (you can do about six or seven) I think they just want to see the applicants seriousness and effort in researching about the province
Second is to write a letter of intent that shows why you chose Ontario over other provinces. This is easy as you just google the internet and find quick facts about the province and why it appeals to you in terms of weather, job opportunities, nice to raise a family, popular destination for migrants and so on.
Also note that the few rejections have seen is when people are not able to prove their work experience or NOC does not match reference letter. Your friend should be fine.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 11:54pm On Feb 25, 2017
I think she should apply for the FBI PCC in case they later ask her to submit it. I have heard of someone that was asked PCC for staying in a country for 5 months.

Onlineise:
Quick One Peeps: Wifey lived in the US for 5 months, 2weeks and 5days...I believe technically this is not 6months yet...so I need not pursue the FBI Pcc, am I wrong?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 12:07am On Feb 26, 2017
If you are lucky to get PPR before the expiry date of your passport, they won't issue visa on the passport. Your passport must be valid for at least 6 months for theme to put the visa.

If your application exceeds 6 months and your passport expires before PPR, you will be given 7 days to submit a new passport. I know this cos we were in the same situation. My husby's passport expired during the processing of our application. We had to submit a new one within 7 days.

My advice is this: apply for a new passport immediately. If you don't get it before submission, use the old one. Once you get the new passport, send the scanned copy of the new one via CSE.

With regard to large deposit from spouse, the spouse will just write a simple LOE that he/she transfered the said amount to support the family's plan to immigrate to Canada. I can send you a draft of what my husby wrote.

ugoiyke79e2:
Hello house....
this means i will have exactly about 6mnths validity left on d passport at d tym of submission of my application.
my questions are
2) if yes, at what point shld i renew it and can ma passport be changed after already submiting an application??
3) what is d time limit b4 one can apply for passport renewal with naija immigrations?

Secondly, pls has anyone who used LOE for large deposits from spouse plsss kindly post a sample here?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 12:18am On Feb 26, 2017
I am not sure valuation of properties will be acceptable. What if the house value depreciates?

You can get someone to give you the money. You will need a gift deed if you decide to go through the route.

Temidewale:
Hello, please apart from bank account balance, what can be used as POF for ONIP? My account balance does not hold the required settlement fund at the moment and I have received a letter from Ontario. Is valuation of properties like house,acceptable, with the intention to sell once PR is approved?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by yinyinola: 1:58am On Feb 26, 2017
Hello Dupsyshoo. Thank you so much for your help and contributions on this forum. I will like to have a draft of the LOE your hubby wrote in support of your application. Is it ok to send you a private message so you can send it to me via email or are you able to post the draft here? Thanks in advance.

dupyshoo:
If you are lucky to get PPR before the expiry date of your passport, they won't issue visa on the passport. Your passport must be valid for at least 6 months for theme to put the visa.

If your application exceeds 6 months and your passport expires before PPR, you will be given 7 days to submit a new passport. I know this cos we were in the same situation. My husby's passport expired during the processing of our application. We had to submit a new one within 7 days.

My advice is this: apply for a new passport immediately. If you don't get it before submission, use the old one. Once you get the new passport, send the scanned copy of the new one via CSE.

With regard to large deposit from spouse, the spouse will just write a simple LOE that he/she transfered the said amount to support the family's plan to immigrate to Canada. I can send you a draft of what my husby wrote.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Chinnie4Jesus: 5:32am On Feb 26, 2017
ugoiyke79e2:
Hello house....
my questions are

your passport has to be Atleast 6months to expiration before they can issue you with a new passport.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ugoiyke79e2: 6:51am On Feb 26, 2017
dupyshoo:

Thanks a lot for your selfless support. I am more than grateful to get your sample of LOE.
I will apply for a new passport immediately.
thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ugoiyke79e2: 6:55am On Feb 26, 2017
Chinnie4Jesus:
your passport has to be Atleast 6months to expiration before they can issue you with a new passport.

woww thanks for this info. in this case i will have to do proper timing b4 submission of my application.......thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by boldinc(m): 8:08am On Feb 26, 2017
I do not think it is necessary, but go ahead and submit without it and begin the process, just in case they request for it later on...

Onlineise:
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by boldinc(m): 8:09am On Feb 26, 2017
Why are you tempted to decline your iTA?

specrealq:
Hello,

Please can i create another express entry profile with another email address im tempted to decline my ITA, but i want to be sure i will get in the next draw. My crs score is 467.

Has anyone had two profiles like this before.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by boldinc(m): 8:10am On Feb 26, 2017
I will advise you keep your profile, otherwise, you will lose you SINP application...

sehawale:

I already entered my EE reference number and job seeker validation code while applying for SINP. If I withdraw the profile now, it means the profile I used for Sask will be no more. Does this not have any implications? Or should I create another EE profile for ONTARIO without withdrawing the old one?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by samnijazz: 8:13am On Feb 26, 2017
Please, what is CSE and how can the scanned copy be sent. My passport will also expire in November and I may likely find myself in same shoe.
dupyshoo:

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 8:59am On Feb 26, 2017
bigheadday:

@40manlappy... Thanks a million. She's 30 with Bsc and all that. But I believe I can do better in the IELTS than her. Though I want her to write the April exam just to boost our points but not sure she will make that much grade in the IELTS to enable her be the principal applicant. What advice would you proffer bros? I appreciate your input so much. Thank you. As for the valid job offer, no I don't have any. Is there a way out of it? Though I have over 6 years experience here in naija. Further advice will be much appreciated bros. Thanks a lot.

It is very difficult to get a job in Canada while you are still in Nigeria, not saying that it is impossible.

Why don't you focus on those things that you have control over?

What makes you think that you can do better than your wife? Don't underestimate her. You may be pleasantly surprised.

Let me share my experience with you: When we wrote our IELTS back then in December 2014, I thought I would do better than my wife. Interestingly, she too acknowledged the fact that I could do better.

However, when the results came out, she easily attained CLB 9 while I "managed" to clinch CLB 8. Frankly speaking, she prepared harder than i did!

Women can go extra mile when they believe in a cause. All you need to do is to motivate and encourage her. She could become more passionate about the Canadian dream than you eventually.

For a start, please share with the house your age, educational qualifications and your spouse's full educational qualifications and work experience. It may give us an idea of what further suggestions to proffer.

Due to her age, she could turn out to be a better choice as the primary applicant.

Let me allow the gurus to put mouth inside too cheesy

cc: dupyshoo

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Chinnie4Jesus: 9:20am On Feb 26, 2017
Please does job bank registration take 24hours to be updated on ones express entry profile? Mine is still showing pending even after I have registered. Is that normal? Or I Ddnt really complete the job bank registration?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by joejoe3: 9:20am On Feb 26, 2017
Trying to fill my form but cannot see engineering under field of study. Should I select applied or general science?

Advice please.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by darkey(m): 9:24am On Feb 26, 2017
samnijazz:
Please, what is CSE and how can the scanned copy be sent. My passport will also expire in November and I may likely find myself in same shoe.

Case specific enquiry. Used to provide any additional information relating to your application e.g. New passports or change in family size

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx?_ga=1.84888734.688412790.1446089400

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Tokziby: 10:27am On Feb 26, 2017
. lipsrsealed
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Toy002: 10:39am On Feb 26, 2017
damidamsel:

Hi @Toy002, i actually had the same questions but the instruction on the FBI says the fingerprint can be done by ink or livescan (at any law enforcement agency). So i opted for doing the fingerprinting at Alagbon. However what i did was print 3 copies of the fingerprint card on a standard A4 and had my fingerprints taken on all 3 so that at least one will go through. I just sent mine to the States so i still await a feedback.
As per address, i filled my niaja address as applicant's home address but in the mail results to section, i filled my mum's name and address in the C/O but put my name in the 'Attention' part.

Okay, thanks a lot.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Toy002: 11:27am On Feb 26, 2017
drhopeful:
You can print the fingerprint form on a normal white paper and complete the fingerprinting on your own. Just make sure to include 3 or 4 copies in case some fingerprints are rejected.

Ok, I'll print out 4 copies. Thanks a lot. Please have you gotten any response from FBI?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by esosa4real(m): 12:49pm On Feb 26, 2017
optionese:
thank you, just scared because of the fact that PNPs may be issued soon and will make the scores climb back up again. i just pray my school sorts me out this week. iaqs already talking about overflow of applications. i called yesterday to confirm that my cheque has been received since i didnt get an email. for the noc @boldinc has put me through. by the way when filling your EE did you include your 1 year NYSC under work history? and for your ITA

Yes I did but not stated as NYSC. Heard it's better you state your PPA and list it as employment.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by drhopeful: 1:22pm On Feb 26, 2017
Toy002:

Ok, I'll print out 4 copies. Thanks a lot. Please have you gotten any response from FBI?
U are welcome. No news yet. Mine got delivered just last week. So I have at least 2 months to wait.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Moatte: 1:33pm On Feb 26, 2017
Adufe2016x:

Congrats

I am new to nairaland. A friend advised me to look for chat rooms as regards migrating to Canada. So I got my ita after a year n 1 month . My profile expired and I had to create a new one n 2 weeks later here we are.

I have a few questions

1. I have a mortgage facility running with my bank...will that affect my financial status.
2. I am selling a piece of land to get my POF. What supporting documents do I need to submit.
3. At what point do I need to do my medicals?

Congrats!! Pls was your application assessed by AVO?? Cos 9mnts is real quick!!!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by olajide21: 3:41pm On Feb 26, 2017
40manlappy:

Let me speak with the PG School staff who assisted me. Please send a PM on Monday morning.

Thanks. Would PM you God wiling.

(1) (2) (3) ... (297) (298) (299) (300) (301) (302) (303) ... (821)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.