Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,516 members, 7,816,250 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:15 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (310) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2604487 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (307) (308) (309) (310) (311) (312) (313) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by penitential(m): 9:39pm On Mar 02, 2017
Ok.
Chinnie4Jesus:
. It's 14 days now because it's an online application now. It was 45days when it was paper application. Check their website, that's the latest update there.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by cookies: 10:06pm On Mar 02, 2017
Guys please I'm about registering to take IELTS, is it okay to choose for "immigration" purpose or just "general"? Just need clarifications before I get roped in. Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by olajide21: 10:57pm On Mar 02, 2017
Can I update my EE profile pre ITA?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 11:08pm On Mar 02, 2017
Since our profile was created just before the Ontario program opened, is getting a NOI a possibility or we have to create a new profile? Please note that we selected Ontario

@Chinnie4Jesus, penitential: Any ideas on the above enquiry?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Kathyjex: 11:13pm On Mar 02, 2017
Hiya please I am rewriting IELTS. Had LWRS LEARN 8.5, 6,7,7.5 Sadly. How do I practice to at leastget scores in writing that I won't feel like they didn't mark quite well?
What's best material for writing?
temitope06:

You guys are pretty neck n neck in education and work experience, you need just 3 years work exp. Ur IELTS scores will pretty much determine who is PA. She's a year younger, she might have higher scores based on that but see ur ielts results first, that will determine. Aim for L8.5, R8, S and W 7.5. The person with closest score to this wins the PA race. YouTube is ur best friend for ielts along with ieltsliz, ieltsadvantage and the materials from British Council and I can't emphasize this enough, PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE.

NOC is not required to be related to Education.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Kathyjex: 11:16pm On Mar 02, 2017
A14:
Congrats to everyone who received ITA.

I'm patiently waiting for WES. Should have used IQAS
Please how does IQAS work? Want to obtain my husband's ECA? Which is faster?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by oohunt: 11:22pm On Mar 02, 2017
Ladies, please what did you use as your LEGAL NAME CHANGE DOCUMENT?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by oohunt: 11:23pm On Mar 02, 2017
Kathyjex:

Please how does IQAS work? Want to obtain my husband's ECA? Which is faster?

I am not sure how IQAS works because I used WES.

IQAS is cheaper and faster though.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by oohunt: 11:25pm On Mar 02, 2017
cookies:

Guys please I'm about registering to take IELTS, is it okay to choose for "immigration" purpose or just "general"? Just need clarifications before I get roped in. Thanks

If I am correct the options should be general or academic.

We use general here.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Kathyjex: 11:25pm On Mar 02, 2017
dupyshoo:
You can indicate that he won't be accompanying you but he will still need to do medicals and get his PCC. Also, your POF will be for a family of four.

By the way, he does not have to leave immediately after getting PPR na. He can still stay in Naija for 3 years, which should be enough for him to decide whether he wants to move to Canada or not. He will however have to land sha but he can can come back to Naija immediately after landing.

Thanks for responding. I am in same quagmire. Can I enter the pool without my husband then update his details post ITA?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Beckyhopeful: 11:28pm On Mar 02, 2017
penitential:
Ok.
Thanks for your response.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Tlontin(m): 11:29pm On Mar 02, 2017
Tlontin:
Am planning to Kickstart my processes from the scratch.. Am single, will be tru with my masters next year, am in the class of NoC A. Am yet to do my ielts exam and Wes evaluation.
I need help and suggestions on ao to go about it expecially my ielts exam and ao much is Wes evaluation.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Kathyjex: 11:38pm On Mar 02, 2017
oohunt:

I am not sure how IQAS works because I used WES.

IQAS is cheaper and faster though.

Thanks a bunch. I used WES for mine too a long time ago. Just moving documents from US to Canadian was is taking ages.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Yomit2(m): 11:44pm On Mar 02, 2017
House, Please what is the current job prospect of PGC in Supply Chain Management after landing in canada
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by tolurigs: 11:48pm On Mar 02, 2017
hello this great house,
I want to use this opportunity to appreciate all the gurus in the house for your selfless service towards helping to achieve our canada dream.from justwise to jesusdway to iphie to beyunce,dupyshoo,zandora,vcole,boldnic and ahost of others who are blessed.woke up this morning to a mail in my bx from Ircc tinking it was ontario pnp but alas!it is the much awaited ITA at 436 witout spouse ielts.i want to say a big thank ufor the encouragements since 2015 that i joined this group,from re-writing ielts to re-evaluating my credentials.thank you n God bless.hope to c more of me asking for guidiance through out till submission.thank you once again n God bless us all.

12 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by pumpin26: 12:07am On Mar 03, 2017
@esosa4real please I mailed. kindly reply.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by greetings(f): 12:15am On Mar 03, 2017
Chinnie4Jesus:
. 14days

Are you sure? I have a friend who got NOI and the letter says she has 45days not 14days.
Please post the link of this source.

Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by greetings(f): 12:18am On Mar 03, 2017
[quote author=40manlappy post=54215439]

Yes, but don't wait on it..... I've heard Ontario favours some NOCS over others.. So it depends... If your spouse has IELTS and ECA.... Create a profile for her also... You never know.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by czaratwork: 1:16am On Mar 03, 2017
Thank God I bumped into this thread.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Thetherapist: 5:43am On Mar 03, 2017
Good morning house, please to those who used relative abroad for paying for ECA. How did you go about it? Would I have to send my details to such relative to fill IQAS form for me and make payment. I tried filling a dummy app and noticed I can't log in to continue after logging out. Which to me means I can't fill the form and send details to such relative to make payment only on my behalf.
I need clarifications please.
Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ysmd: 6:29am On Mar 03, 2017
Thetherapist:
Good morning house, please to those who used relative abroad for paying for ECA. How did you go about it? Would I have to send my details to such relative to fill IQAS form for me and make payment. I tried filling a dummy app and noticed I can't log in to continue after logging out. Which to me means I can't fill the form and send details to such relative to make payment only on my behalf.
I need clarifications please.
Thanks

What I did was I used a relative abroad who filled my info and paid. We were on the phone so while I supplied my info she was filling it on line. Another option is to look for someone with a dom account to help you pay

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by boldinc(m): 6:45am On Mar 03, 2017
Master's alone if ok... except BSc can be done easily. But if it's a Nigerian school, I will advise you do just your MSc... It won't pose any problems.

cookies:
Good evening, please do I need to evaluate only my first degree & master's certificates?

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by boldinc(m): 6:46am On Mar 03, 2017
Na wa o... What does Arsenal have to do with this na? See this Chelsea abi na ManU fan? Bad belle. lol...

temitope06:

Ideally, ur highest qualification is enough. However, If you can get ur first degree easily then do both as it doesn't cost extra. Most ppl did first degree here in Naija n getting transcript sent to WES from some Naija schools is harder than Arsenal winning the league so they just do their MSc.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 6:47am On Mar 03, 2017
@Thetherapist

You can provide your details to the relative while he fill in your details and make payment on your behalf. An email will be received by you immediately as confirmation.

Since physical card is not required, depending on your relationship with the individual, he can give you the card details through a secured means while you fill the online application and make payment.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by boldinc(m): 6:49am On Mar 03, 2017
Ontario is a possibility. I will advise you withdraw your profile and create a new one... OINP NOI should come thru shortly after... Wait it out while your ECAs come thru, cos should get ITA with that. In the process, put all your OINP docs together and wait till the last day of expiry...

Praying your ECA comes thru before the next draw... Amen!

40manlappy:

Thanks for your kind words.

Applied and made payment mid-February but just got debited today. Perhaps, our documents are now complete.

Since our profile was created just before the Ontario program opened, is getting a NOI a possibility?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by boldinc(m): 6:50am On Mar 03, 2017
You have to write the General Training exam and then choose Immigration for the purpose...

cookies:

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 6:52am On Mar 03, 2017
@boldinc

"Amen" to the prayer. Thank you. smiley

We actually selected Ontario when we created the profile.

With this information, do you still think that it is necessary to create a new one?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Chinnie4Jesus: 6:55am On Mar 03, 2017
40manlappy:

@Chinnie4Jesus, penitential: Any ideas on the above enquiry?
. All things being equal, you should get but it looks like they have paused at the moment. I dnt think anybody has received NOI this week. I'm not sure though so let's keep our fingers crossed.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Chinnie4Jesus: 7:03am On Mar 03, 2017
greetings:

Are you sure? I have a friend who got NOI and the letter says she has 45days not 14days.
Please post the link of this source.

Thanks
My dear, I could be wrong but I wrote based on what I saw on their website ontarioimmigration.ca
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by boldinc(m): 7:08am On Mar 03, 2017
I think you should do it still... You have nothing to lose. From the trend, Ontario picks fresh profiles... Someone that created just before they opened had to create a new one to get NOI. Give it a shot!

40manlappy:
@boldinc

"Amen" to the prayer. Thank you. smiley

We actually selected Ontario when we created the profile.

With this information, do you still think that it is necessary to create a new one?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nievel: 7:20am On Mar 03, 2017
thanx so much for this. I am encouraged. Pray all goes well for the other 3 tommorow. Thank you
yingman:
Mine was like this too, and she didn't even let me finish answering one completely before jumping to the next one.
I feel it's some form of way to see if you rehearsed the answers you're giving. Maybe throw you off balance.
But at the end, I got a score of 7.5
You'll do just great not to worry.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by cookies: 7:26am On Mar 03, 2017
boldinc:
Master's alone if ok... except BSc can be done easily. But if it's a Nigerian school, I will advise you do just your MSc... It won't pose any problems.

Thanks for your response. My BA is from a Nigerian school, while I can easily get ECA for my MA because it's a foreign degree but won't I loose some points if I don't get ECA for the BA?

(1) (2) (3) ... (307) (308) (309) (310) (311) (312) (313) ... (821)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.