Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,306 members, 7,811,914 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:21 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (309) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2600296 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (306) (307) (308) (309) (310) (311) (312) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by boldinc(m): 4:26pm On Mar 02, 2017
Not a problem... Yes you should. Your age is good... If you can score 8.5,8.7.5,7.5 LSWR in your IELTS, you will get a score of 439 which will get you an ITA based on the last draw of 434...

SO get on it asap, so you can get into the pool soon enough!

cookies:

This response is very helpful to me I appreciate. Does this mean that I should still list him in the profile as accompanying spouse? Then again, I am turning 33years old this November is that reasonable?
Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by boldinc(m): 4:27pm On Mar 02, 2017
Yes, as long as the principal applicant gets enough score for ITA... I didn't do any evaluation. I didn't have to write IETLS, tho I did.

shamecurls:

Hello, Do you mean spouse can get PR card without writing IELTS or evaluating credentials? Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Moatte: 4:29pm On Mar 02, 2017
dupyshoo:
Short landing means landing in Canada briefly mainly to activate your PR status and then leaving shortly after landing.

So that means I can go for a month come back home , maybe leave my husband behind to secure a job before I resign from my own job here.
Anyway let's not get ahead of ourselves...I'm still compiling my documents.....also my husband did his masters in the Uk 11yrs ago...would we need police certificate from the UK?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by shamecurls(m): 4:31pm On Mar 02, 2017
boldinc:
Yes, as long as the principal applicant gets enough score for ITA... I didn't do any evaluation. I didn't have to write IETLS, tho I did.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Ehrnie: 4:52pm On Mar 02, 2017
dupyshoo:
Hi all,

The journey that started last year May has finally come to an end. We finally landed in Canada yesterday. Glory to God as we are now officially Permanent Residents of Canada. Nothing much was asked except if we have new family members and if we have any criminal record. Even POF was not asked.

Want to wish everyone with their applications still in process all the best. For those that are still awaiting ITA and PNP, God will perfect it and finally for those who are contemplating on starting this Canadian PR journey, please start as soon as you can, you have got nothing much to lose.

I will still be on the forum to answer any questions you may have but I won't be able to answer any job related questions as we are only doing short landing. We will be travelling back home in the next few weeks as we are not planning to move to Canada permanently until the next 2 years.

This is sooooo what I am planning to do. Can you kindly shed more light on short landing? I have received ITA and currently putting my documents together. So -
(1) Do I have to justify (at the entry point) that I have arrived in CAN to stay? or can I mention short landing (if/when asked)?
(2) If I don't mention short landing, then do I have to hold the $12300 with me in cash to justify that I staying?
(3) What if my luggage is just a small bag, will they think otherwise...that I am here for a short period?

In summary, do they frown at short landing? Are there questions they will ask about my duration of stay (or any subject matter) that I need to prep for....

Lastly, Can I can give the address of a friend in CAN, so they post my PR card to her...& then my friend can post it to me if I have left CAN before it arrives?

I intend to travel back after just two weeks, and then return in 3 years max....

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Afamdi12: 5:02pm On Mar 02, 2017
[/quote] Please my dear Bekky, it is 14 days.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by molly14: 5:07pm On Mar 02, 2017
Good day all
I have bin in the pool since last year with a Score of 400 ( lost 5 marks after my bday to 395) my profile expires in July so I decided ved to rewrite ietls, got my result n calculated CRS to 453. My question is , is it advisable to update the profile or just withdraw/ delete n create a new profile entirely? Thank u
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by olajide21: 5:08pm On Mar 02, 2017
sometimes, i wonder the reasons behind level of relationship that exist in this forum... People are always there to assist, even if you ask the most foolish of questions. The way we tolerate each other on this forum should be extended to the greater community. Each time everyone answers questions, they do so with so much care for the questioner. A personal experience with 40manlappy says it all. I have also read tens of questions/answers on this forum and i must say that i am impressed with the love we all share. I pray Allah guide us all, unite our hearts and grant our wishes. We all have personal reasons of being here, i pray those reasons become a reality so that we would say Alhamdullilah (Praise be to God) at the end.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 5:09pm On Mar 02, 2017
1. Nope, you don't need to mention short landing.
2. Nope, they hardly check for evidence of POF but you still need to hold it in case they ask. Bank statements showing the amount will suffice.
3. How will they know that you have a small bag? Your bags won't be with you while landing.
Short Landing is not illegal. Not everyone will be able to relocate immediately. There was no question about duration. After landing, get your sin card and open bank accounts so you can start building credit rating even while outside Canada. You will likely not be able to get Health card though as most of the provinces require you to establish yourself as a resident for at least 3 months before you qualify.
Yes, you can give your friend's address. Even those that are in Canada to stay give the address of a family member as they might not have secured accommodation at the point of landing. Yes, the PR card will be posted to the friend's address and can then be posted to you. A lot of people use DHL to post the PR card.

Ehrnie:

This is sooooo what I am planning to do. Can you kindly shed more light on short landing? I have received ITA and currently putting my documents together. So -
(1) Do I have to justify (at the entry point) that I have arrived in CAN to stay? or can I mention short landing (if/when asked)?
(2) If I don't mention short landing, then do I have to hold the $12300 with me in cash to justify that I staying?
(3) What if my luggage is just a small bag, will they think otherwise...that I am here for a short period?

In summary, do they frown at short landing? Are there questions they will ask about my duration of stay (or any subject matter) that I need to prep for....

Lastly, Can I can give the address of a friend in CAN, so they post my PR card to her...& then my friend can post it to me if I have left CAN before it arrives?

I intend to travel back after just two weeks, and then return in 3 years max....

Yes, you can do that. You just have to ensure you stay in Canada for 2 out of 5 years from the time of landing. Technically, you can land. leave and then come back after 2.5 years.
Yes, he will need PCC cos PCC is required for everywhere you stay for 6 months (Cumulative) from your 18th year birthday. UK PCC is very easy na. Let him just apply and include it. He has nothing to lose by including it.

Moatte:

So that means I can go for a month come back home , maybe leave my husband behind to secure a job before I resign from my own job here.
Anyway let's not get ahead of ourselves...I'm still compiling my documents.....also my husband did his masters in the Uk 11yrs ago...would we need police certificate from the UK?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Ehrnie: 5:16pm On Mar 02, 2017
dupyshoo:
2. Nope, they hardly check for evidence of POF but you still need to hold it in case they ask. Bank statements showing the amount will suffice.
3. How will they know that you have a small bag? Your bags won't be with you while landing.
Short Landing is not illegal. Not everyone will be able to relocate immediately. There was no question about duration. After landing, get your sin card and open bank accounts so you can start building credit rating even while outside Canada. You will likely not be able to get Health card though as most of the provinces require you to establish yourself as a resident for at least 3 months before you qualify.
Yes, you can give your friend's address. Even those that are in Canada to stay give the address of a family member as they might not have secured accommodation at the point of landing. Yes, the PR card will be posted to the friend's address and can then be posted to you. A lot of people use DHL to post the PR card.

Yes, you can do that. You just have to ensure you stay in Canada for 2 out of 5 years from the time of landing. Technically, you can land. leave and then come back after 2.5 years.
Yes, he will need PCC cos PCC is required for everywhere you stay for 6 months (Cumulative) from your 18th year birthday. UK PCC is very easy na. Let him just apply and include it. He has nothing to lose by including it.

Very good information! I have saved it in my archives for when I will be needing it.

Thanks a lot for taking the time to address all my queries.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Afamdi12: 5:45pm On Mar 02, 2017
Congrats to those who recently got ITA. May God do ours for us too, amen. To those with OINP dont forget to share your eca access to Ircc. Its done on www.wes.org/ca. Dont know if those with ITA also do eca access too, someone can confirm.

For those who are almost done with oinp application plz how did you download the noi letter and is it just the E-application like online application only or we will also print and send hard copies to ON. Any tips on oinp ideal submission? Please share, 1500 cad is too much to make mistake. God bless you as you take your time to respond.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by boldinc(m): 6:41pm On Mar 02, 2017
You can update your profile since it's still active. Once you get ITA, most probably in the next draw, The expiry date wouldn't matter...

molly14:
Good day all
I have bin in the pool since last year with a Score of 400 ( lost 5 marks after my bday to 395) my profile expires in July so I decided ved to rewrite ietls, got my result n calculated CRS to 453. My question is , is it advisable to update the profile or just withdraw/ delete n create a new profile entirely? Thank u
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by cookies: 6:43pm On Mar 02, 2017
dupyshoo:

Dupyshoo, please what is the process of getting a Uk PCC? I studied for my master's degree there I'd be needing it too. Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by boldinc(m): 6:46pm On Mar 02, 2017
Here's the link for that - https://www.acro.police.uk/Police_Certificates_Online.aspx

cookies:

Dupyshoo, please what is the process of getting a Uk PCC? I studied for my master's degree there I'd be needing it too. Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by cookies: 6:49pm On Mar 02, 2017
boldinc:
Here's the link for that - https://www.acro.police.uk/Police_Certificates_Online.aspx

Thanks for your swift response. You guys are doing a great job here. I really appreciate.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by molly14: 6:51pm On Mar 02, 2017
boldinc:
You can update your profile since it's still active. Once you get ITA, most probably in the next draw, The expiry date wouldn't matter...

Ok thank u
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by colegold100: 7:24pm On Mar 02, 2017
temitope06:

You guys are pretty neck n neck in education and work experience, you need just 3 years work exp. Ur IELTS scores will pretty much determine who is PA. She's a year younger, she might have higher scores based on that but see ur ielts results first, that will determine. Aim for L8.5, R8, S and W 7.5. The person with closest score to this wins the PA race. YouTube is ur best friend for ielts along with ieltsliz, ieltsadvantage and the materials from British Council and I can't emphasize this enough, PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE.

NOC is not required to be related to Education.

Thank you temitope06. Please is it necessary for us to submit our BSc and Masters for WES to evaluate or Just Masters?Hope no future implication?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by cookies: 7:25pm On Mar 02, 2017
Good evening, please do I need to evaluate only my first degree & master's certificates?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by temitope06(m): 7:30pm On Mar 02, 2017
colegold100:

Thank you temitope06. Please is it necessary for us to submit our BSc and Masters for WES to evaluate or Just Masters?Hope no future implication?

MSc alone is okay but if you can get ur BSc easily, then you can as well do that too. Doesn't cost any extra. But MSc is just fine.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by temitope06(m): 7:33pm On Mar 02, 2017
cookies:
Good evening, please do I need to evaluate only my first degree & master's certificates?

Ideally, ur highest qualification is enough. However, If you can get ur first degree easily then do both as it doesn't cost extra. Most ppl did first degree here in Naija n getting transcript sent to WES from some Naija schools is harder than Arsenal winning the league so they just do their MSc.

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by shamecurls(m): 7:40pm On Mar 02, 2017
temitope06:

Ideally, ur highest qualification is enough. However, If you can get ur first degree easily then do both as it doesn't cost extra. Most ppl did first degree here in Naija n getting transcript sent to WES from some Naija schools is harder than Arsenal winning the league so they just do their MSc.

grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by cookies: 7:52pm On Mar 02, 2017
temitope06:

LOL, thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by studyexec: 8:30pm On Mar 02, 2017
Hello everyone and thanks to the contributors to far.
Looking to apply for the PR, but still weighing options if myself or wife will be the PA. We are both arranging for IELTS now.

I have some questions which I would like to be answered,

1. My wife has a Post Graduate Diploma in Education (PGDE) from the National Teachers Institute together with has BSc.
(a) Will the PGDE be recognised? I tried to check without success!
(b) So do we get ECA for the PGDE as well as BSc?

2. With the most recent experiences of some peeps (here only, dont know of others), is it better apply for ECA through WES or IQAS?

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Beckyhopeful: 8:31pm On Mar 02, 2017
Afamdi12:
Congrats to those who recently got ITA. May God do ours for us too, amen. To those with OINP dont forget to share your eca access to Ircc. Its done on www.wes.org/ca. Dont know if those with ITA also do eca access too, someone can confirm.

For those who are almost done with oinp application plz how did you download the noi letter and is it just the E-application like online application only or we will also print and send hard copies to ON. Any tips on oinp ideal submission? Please share, 1500 cad is too much to make mistake. God bless you as you take your time to respond.

Pls can u confirm how many days after that one is expected to put in an OINP application after receiving NOI? Pls respond
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Beckyhopeful: 8:35pm On Mar 02, 2017
Beckyhopeful:

Pls can u confirm how many days after that one is expected to put in an OINP application after receiving NOI? Pls respond

The link you put up for eca access is not going.Please reconfirm the link.Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 8:48pm On Mar 02, 2017
boldinc:
Hope there's good progress with IQAS cos you should get an ITA worthy score after you add both your masters' evaluations. I believe your story will change before the next draw.

All the best bro...

Thanks for your kind words.

Applied and made payment mid-February but just got debited today. Perhaps, our documents are now complete.

Since our profile was created just before the Ontario program opened, is getting a NOI a possibility?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Beckyhopeful: 8:55pm On Mar 02, 2017
Please i need a response all.Pls how many days after receiving Ontario's NOI am i meant to put in an application? Av read conflicting infos online.Some saying 14days while others are saying 45days.Please assist with an urgent response.Many thanks people
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by penitential(m): 8:56pm On Mar 02, 2017
45days.
Beckyhopeful:
Please i need a response all.Pls how many days after receiving Ontario's NOI am i meant to put in an application? Av read conflicting infos online.Some saying 14days while others are saying 45days.Please assist with an urgent response.Many thanks people
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Tlontin(m): 9:04pm On Mar 02, 2017
Am planning to Kickstart my processes from the scratch.. Am single, will be tru with my masters next year, am in the class of NoC A. Am yet to do my ielts exam and Wes evaluation.
I need help and suggestions on ao to go about it expecially my ielts exam and ao much is Wes evaluation.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by guiddoti: 9:12pm On Mar 02, 2017
temitope06:

Thank you for mentioning my league school. lol
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Chinnie4Jesus: 9:37pm On Mar 02, 2017
penitential:
45days.
. It's 14 days now because it's an online application now. It was 45days when it was paper application. Check their website, that's the latest update there.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Chinnie4Jesus: 9:39pm On Mar 02, 2017
Beckyhopeful:
. 14days

(1) (2) (3) ... (306) (307) (308) (309) (310) (311) (312) ... (821)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.