Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,327 members, 7,815,650 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:54 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (458) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2603998 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (455) (456) (457) (458) (459) (460) (461) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 10:54am On May 17, 2017
optionese:

I sent my transcript myself and I was creative with the senders name. In fact the DHL lady knew how it works and advised me not to put my name and use different writing for sender.
Chai...looping all.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Remxyj: 10:58am On May 17, 2017
studyexec:

One important thing, although I believe it should not affect you:
You need to ensure that changing the relative from Aunt to Cousin will not reduce your Federal Skilled Workers score below 67 points out of 100 (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/applyfactors. asp). 5 points is awarded under Adaptability for 'Relatives in Canada', which includes Aunt but not Cousin. This is different from the actual EE CRS score.

Thanks..... I calculated my points and I have 77/100. Do you think I'm safe? I should probably submit the documents I have and let them decided I don't deserve the point? Or what do you advice?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Remxyj: 11:10am On May 17, 2017
Hello House
Please what do they mean by police report(multiple) required? Will I be given two certificates at alagbon?

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 11:31am On May 17, 2017
Please house, something was not clear to me while filling the form for my IELTS test. Should I tick yes for this - Send IELTS result to other institutions?

Looping: @optionese, @40manlappy.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by taiwofola: 11:37am On May 17, 2017
Hello everyone,

Does IQAS verify CIPM or ICAN certificates? I have checked through the tread and did not find any response on this.

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 11:45am On May 17, 2017
Got the answer here http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/language-testing.asp ...lol
codebrew85:
Please house, something was not clear to me while filling the form for my IELTS test. Should I tick yes for this - Send IELTS result to other institutions?

Looping: @optionese, @40manlappy.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 11:59am On May 17, 2017

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by optionese: 12:06pm On May 17, 2017
40manlappy:

What are you waiting for? Just a dive into the pool immediately! cheesy

Who knows, you may get ITA if a draw should hold tomorrow. Use the tool below to determine your CRS score;

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp

Care to share your IELTS scores and that of spouse?

You are the hero for sure. Why did you use ICAS?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by optionese: 12:07pm On May 17, 2017
bitcoinmilliona:
What is the best time for one to start arranging for funds in his account.

"The best time to act is yesterday, the next best time is now "

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by optionese: 12:10pm On May 17, 2017
japhethGold:

PLEASE HELP. I TOOK IELTS SINCE FEB 11 2017 AND WANT TO SUBMIT MY PROFILE BUT IT KEEP GIVING ME SOME NOC SKILLS WORK T IN AREAS LIKE BUTCHER, MINING ETC. I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO.

MY IELTS RESULT IS R-7.0, W-7.5, R-7.0 AND L-6.5.

WHEN I GO AHEAD IT WILL ISSUE ME INELIGIBILITY RESULT.

I HAVE B.SC AND ICAN- A CHARTERED ACCOUNTANT

WHAT DO I DO TO SUBMIT MY PROFILE?

Have you sorted this out? Perhaps you are not filling the form properly. You shouldn't be getting questions about being a a butcher except you clicked yes earlier on. If you cannot traced the mistake delete the application and start all over
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Kontagious(m): 12:15pm On May 17, 2017
Much appreciated LordSebastain. This is helpful. Thank you.

LordSebastian:
Bruv, no additional cost is required for that Unilag thingy. Once u make the payment at the bank, you send them an e-mail with attachments of the teller and the form you download (filled form by you) from the Transcript Request portal. You have the option of choosing courier or post. Unilag charges you for the processing of the transcript which I think is N2,000 or so and then additional cost for courier or post. I remember paying about N19,000 all together because I chose courier.

Also, you will be requested to fill the address you want the transcript sent to on the form you download from the Transcript Request portal. It is there you get to fill the WES Reference number along with the address.

I know nothing about IQAS. Other maybe able to help you...but I suspect the process should not be that different.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by optionese: 12:15pm On May 17, 2017
caon:
@optionese,my uncle has a naira mastercard,he said I can pay d naira equivalent to the account so he can he'll me wit d payment.pls I am a novice.pls jst explain lik a layman to me,steps n procedures.if I create an account wit WES,do I need his debit card number to pay.pls dnt be vexed,I need baby steps explanations.tanx
Cc 40manlappy,Bimpsy,Erhie,KweenCee

@caon checking in, have you sorted your payments now?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Kontagious(m): 12:16pm On May 17, 2017
Thank you for the pointers Dammiehar!

Dammiehar:

I think the one for Unilag has been answered, for Lasu I helped my sister to apply for her own. We applied through the online portal and made the payment of 14,000 through Quickteller. You would have filled all required information as needed. They did not process it on time, so I had to send someone there, even after that they sent it to USA instead of Canada, when Canada was clearly written on the online application form. We are still going through the trouble of having it sent back to naija, so that it can be resent to Canada, so you might want to watch out for that. As for IQAS, you will get the reference number after submitting your online application on the IQAS website, that is after you have made payment. A copy of the academic request form that will be filled by your university and sent with your transcripts will also be sent to your email. You will just have to go there with it I think.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by atiteb4: 12:19pm On May 17, 2017
optionese:

This thread is for skilled workers, there is a thread for school. Try and search you will find it
oga u too can contribute. I been ask the course wey I fit do wey go qualify me for permanent residence
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Kontagious(m): 12:20pm On May 17, 2017
I've been to their websites, both stated documents sent without stating the reference number on envelops will not be treated.

My concern isn't about getting the reference number as I know it would be gotten when the application is submitted, but rather, how to make the schools quote the number when sending the transcript. LordSebastian has cleared me on Unilag while Dammiehar cleared Lasu.

Apologies to all for taking up space, I just don't know how to do multiple quotes.

optionese:

What reference number are you talking about? Go to the various websites and see their requirements.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by AZeD1(m): 12:21pm On May 17, 2017
Remxyj:
Hello House
Please what do they mean by police report(multiple) required? Will I be given two certificates at alagbon?
You would be given one from Alagbon. Its multiple because applicants need to get a police certificate from all countries they have spent more than 6 months cumulatively.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by optionese: 12:30pm On May 17, 2017
Kontagious:
I've been to their websites, both stated documents sent without stating the reference number on envelops will not be treated.

My concern isn't about getting the reference number as I know it would be gotten when the application is submitted, but rather, how to make the schools quote the number when sending the transcript. LordSebastian has cleared me on Unilag while Dammiehar cleared Lasu.

Apologies to all for taking up space, I just don't know how to do multiple quotes.

When you apply and pay you will get a reference number

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 12:31pm On May 17, 2017
optionese:

You are the hero for sure. Why did you use ICAS?

I guess you wanted to quote @1stNumeroUno cheesy
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 12:36pm On May 17, 2017
Good afternoon Gurus,

I need clarification please for someone to claim Job experience must i be on the job for 10 years to claim a point or within the period of 10 years.

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Onlineise(m): 12:43pm On May 17, 2017
atiteb4:
oga u too can contribute. I been ask the course wey I fit do wey go qualify me for permanent residence

Your course is not the (only) qualifying criteria. Go to the student thread that's where you can actuality get your request sorted.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by optionese: 1:11pm On May 17, 2017
40manlappy:

I guess you wanted to quote @1stNumeroUno cheesy

Yes oo, my mistake
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by lacord5: 1:12pm On May 17, 2017
No draw yet?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by fadedayo: 1:36pm On May 17, 2017
Please I will like some information on this. Thank you.

taiwofola:
Hello everyone,

Does IQAS verify CIPM or ICAN certificates? I have checked through the tread and did not find any response on this.

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 1stNumeroUno: 2:02pm On May 17, 2017
optionese:

Yes oo, my mistake

Don't me jare @optionese. My colleague that introduced this program to me used ICAS. She told me they delay a lot but I never knew its this bad. #Besides, dollar rate at that time na die grin!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by optionese: 2:04pm On May 17, 2017
1stNumeroUno:

Don't me jare @optionese. My colleague that introduced this program to me used ICAS. She told me they delay a lot but I never knew its this bad. #Besides, dollar rate at that time na die grin!

Good news will follow through.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by MissShakara: 2:48pm On May 17, 2017
lacord5:
No draw yet?
I tire ooo
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 2:51pm On May 17, 2017
Ayam not understanding. Maybe they have not made up their mind yet...

lacord5:
No draw yet?

Ministerial Instructions respecting invitations to apply for permanent residence under the Express Entry system #62 – May 17, 2017

The Minister of Citizenship and Immigration, pursuant to section 10.3 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, gives the annexed Ministerial Instructions Respecting Invitations to Apply for Permanent Residence under the Express Entry System (May 17, 2017).

Ottawa, May 17, 2017

AHMED D. HUSSEN
Minister of Citizenship and Immigration

MINISTERIAL INSTRUCTIONS RESPECTING INVITATIONS TO APPLY FOR PERMANENT RESIDENCE UNDER THE EXPRESS ENTRY SYSTEM (MAY 17, 2017)

Determination — number of invitations

1. (1) For the purposes of paragraph 10.2(1)(b) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, the number of invitations that may be issued during the period beginning on May 17, 2017, and ending on May 18, 2017, is X,Bleep.

Required rank

(2) Foreign nationals who, on May 17, 2017, at 13:XX:XX UTC, have been assigned a total of Bleep points or more under the Comprehensive Ranking System that is set out in the Ministerial Instructions Respecting the Express Entry System, as published in the Canada Gazette, Part I, on December 1, 2014, and as amended from time to time, occupy the rank required to be invited to make an application for permanent residence.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/mi/
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by merrymum: 2:53pm On May 17, 2017
40manlappy:

Ministerial Instructions respecting invitations to apply for permanent residence under the Express Entry system #62 – May 17, 2017

The Minister of Citizenship and Immigration, pursuant to section 10.3 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, gives the annexed Ministerial Instructions Respecting Invitations to Apply for Permanent Residence under the Express Entry System (May 17, 2017).

Ottawa, May 17, 2017

AHMED D. HUSSEN
Minister of Citizenship and Immigration

MINISTERIAL INSTRUCTIONS RESPECTING INVITATIONS TO APPLY FOR PERMANENT RESIDENCE UNDER THE EXPRESS ENTRY SYSTEM (MAY 17, 2017)

40manlappy: Ocho okwu 1 of nairaland!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 2:58pm On May 17, 2017
merrymum:

40manlappy: Ocho okwu 1 of nairaland!

My sister, which one is "ocho okwu"? shocked
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 3:07pm On May 17, 2017
Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) score distribution of candidates in the Express Entry pool as of May 12, 2017
CRS Score Range Number of Candidates
601-1200 229
451-600 704
401-450 7,019
441-450 229
431-440 245
421-430 303
411-420 2,248

401-410 3,994
351-400 22,066
391-400 3,581
381-390 4,331
371-380 4,524
361-370 4,768
351-360 4,862
301-350 15,653
0-300 2,821
Total 48,492
The numbers in this table reflect the total number of people in the pool overall, a few days before an invitation round. The score distribution may change as people submit new profiles and other profiles expire.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/express-entry/rounds.asp
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Hope15: 3:15pm On May 17, 2017
Therefore, expect the minimum CRS cut-off to be around 414 in the next draw

40manlappy:
Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) score distribution of candidates in the Express Entry pool as of May 12, 2017
CRS Score Range Number of Candidates
601-1200 229
451-600 704
401-450 7,019
441-450 229
431-440 245
421-430 303
411-420 2,248

401-410 3,994
351-400 22,066
391-400 3,581
381-390 4,331
371-380 4,524
361-370 4,768
351-360 4,862
301-350 15,653
0-300 2,821
Total 48,492
The numbers in this table reflect the total number of people in the pool overall, a few days before an invitation round. The score distribution may change as people submit new profiles and other profiles expire.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/express-entry/rounds.asp
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 3:19pm On May 17, 2017
Hope15:
Therefore, expect the minimum CRS cut-off to be around 414 in the next draw

If they are looking at issuing at least 3,000 ITAs today, it could even be lower. Of course, we must remember that more people would have joined the pool between May 13 and now. Otherwise, I would have projected 410 cool

They have summarized it by stating "The score distribution may change as people submit new profiles and other profiles expire."

(1) (2) (3) ... (455) (456) (457) (458) (459) (460) (461) ... (821)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.