Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,119 members, 7,818,345 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:15 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (541) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2606235 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (538) (539) (540) (541) (542) (543) (544) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Dammiehar(f): 8:41am On Jun 13, 2017
Do not do anything in anticipation, wait till you get your ECA. There will be a question on when you got your ECA, if you put a date and the date on your ECA is different, you will be banned for misrepresentation. You also need to include your reference number, when your ECA is in progress, you can only use it for communication, if you use it for your EE profile before your ECA is concluded, it equals misrepresentation.
Zilifish:

WES has recieved my documents and are currently working on it. Bro what if my ielts results comes out say 2nd week in july while my ECA hasnt come. Can i still dive into the pool in anticipation to recieve it soonest?

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 8:42am On Jun 13, 2017
Zilifish:

WES has recieved my documents and are currently working on it. Bro what if my ielts results comes out say 2nd week in july while my ECA hasnt come. Can i still dive into the pool in anticipation to recieve it soonest?

U can actually but u will confronted with questions like WES certificate number, date and exact equivalency of your stated qualifications(dis is d only question u can easily guess right-Master usually equivalent to master, first degree usually equivalent to 1st degree, etc.).

To enter d pool before d result of d ECA, u will have to make some guess which might be incorrect unless u don't wanna earn points for your qualifications. D good thing is dat u can always edit them before ITA. However, it's probably going to amount to misrepresentation if it's locked(cannot be edited) after ITA which is likely. So u decide!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dtush(f): 9:19am On Jun 13, 2017
Jesuba:
You can add him as your dependant but be ready to have a paper trial to support it.you paying his fees, being the legal guardians his school will call on should they need anything, proof that he is living with you...the whole 9 yards.

Hi, thanks for your input. I can spool record from my bank account for his school fees, i can also get a reference letter from his secondary school but how do i proof he lives with me? Pictures or wat? although his bank account details my addresses, his school records too. my bank account also details inflow of pocket money to him monthly

Please i will appreciate anythg else i shld start getting ready.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Justiyke4u: 9:45am On Jun 13, 2017
Justiyke4u:
Hello, good morning all. Please I have a question to ask. I have LLB(university certificate) and a BL(law school) and I'm a bit confused with these scenarios :

1. University degree at the Master’s level or equal OR University
level entry-to-practice professional degree or equal
(occupation related to the degree must be: NOC 2016 Skill
Level A, and licensed by a provincial regulatory body)

And

Two or more Canadian post-secondary degrees or diplomas or
equal (at least one must be for a program of at least three
years)

Which of the two does it fit in
still waiting...
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 10:00am On Jun 13, 2017
bigbroda:

U can actually but u will confronted with questions like WES certificate number, date and exact equivalency of your stated qualifications(dis is d only question u can easily guess right-Master usually equivalent to master, first degree usually equivalent to 1st degree, etc.).

To enter d pool before d result of d ECA, u will have to make some guess which might be incorrect unless u don't wanna earn points for your qualifications. D good thing is dat u can always edit them before ITA. However, it's probably going to amount to misrepresentation if it's locked(cannot be edited) after ITA which is likely. So u decide!

My profile was not locked after ITA
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by tollu: 10:02am On Jun 13, 2017
Adufe2016x:
Hi guys. Pls has any PREGNANT APPLICANT done the MEDICALS here in Lagos? Do they have the protective shield? I am the PA and I don't want to wait till I deliver in October. I want to believe that a one-off chest x-ray wouldn't hurt my baby. Time is of the essence but I need ADVICE from anyone who has experienced it. Tx

I am also interested in the answer to this. Perhaps one can give them a call? I'd like to hear from someone who actually did it though.

If no protective shield, then October it is. Canny can wait o.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by happymumtobe: 10:04am On Jun 13, 2017
Adufe2016x:
Hi guys. Pls has any PREGNANT APPLICANT done the MEDICALS here in Lagos? Do they have the protective shield? I am the PA and I don't want to wait till I deliver in October. I want to believe that a one-off chest x-ray wouldn't hurt my baby. Time is of the essence but I need ADVICE from anyone who has experienced it. Tx

Hi...I had my medicals in March at 21 weeks pregnant as I couldn't wait too..had it at Q life and used a protective shield..you have to let them know you are pregnant..so far so good my baby is fine and will be delivering soon.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by tollu: 10:11am On Jun 13, 2017
happymumtobe:

Hi...I had my medicals in March at 21 weeks pregnant as I couldn't wait too..had it at Q life and used a protective shield..you have to let them know you are pregnant..so far so good my baby is fine and will be delivering soon.

Thanks for sharing! smiley Have a safe delivery when it's time!

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Generalmerchant: 10:28am On Jun 13, 2017
Good morning all. Please can I use tiny scanner app on my phone to upload my documents? Did any body use phone scanner? Or I should just use the traditional scanner to avoid stories.
Kindly advice thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dtaminator: 10:37am On Jun 13, 2017
It isn't advisable. The ECA is one of the requirements under FSW. If the date on your ECA when if finally comes out is after the date you received an ITA, it is likely that CIC will reject your application based on the fact that your points should have been lower when you were issued an ITA and hence you should not have gotten one. then there is the risk of misrepresentation as stated by others which is a much more grave offence that may spoil your chances of ever getting a PR. A little patience is key. it's generally a long journey of around 9 months at the minimum. it won't hurt to wait a few weeks for your ECA. I started this journey writing IELTS in Sept 2015, Paying WES for an ECA in Jan 2016, ECA took over 1 year(I tried to get additional points for a unilag dipoma) ECA finally gotten in March 2017, dived in the pool immediately, got my first ITA a month later, had to decline that because my birthday had just passed and with my new age I won't have gotten an ITA in that draw (my profile did not update automatically). I got a second ITA in May which I am now applying under.

Zilifish:

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Abby2017: 10:51am On Jun 13, 2017
The important thing is that the document you are uploading is very clear, readable and will open on various pdf versions on a PC.

I have used phone scanner for a number of things and it's clear but I won't advise anyone to try that on this Canamission, there are more things to worry about than scanning.

Generalmerchant:
Good morning all. Please can I use tiny scanner app on my phone to upload my documents? Did any body use phone scanner? Or I should just use the traditional scanner to avoid stories.
Kindly advice thank you.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Jalzy29: 11:10am On Jun 13, 2017
A big Congratulations to SLS...

The waiting is Over ... WOW WOW WOW
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ltee: 12:47pm On Jun 13, 2017
I used a mobile app called camscanner and it worked well. you can even change resolutions for every image if you want. Your phone has to have a good pics quality. I used htc though.

Generalmerchant:
Kindly advice thank you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by kemokazi(f): 12:47pm On Jun 13, 2017
hello guys,

Just join in, Please how do i make payment for the assessment of my credentials on WES? with this new dollar restrictions.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Jesuba: 1:01pm On Jun 13, 2017
Wes will still contact your school for verification and will have to receive verification from the school before proceeding with the assessment after which you will receive an email of completion. So which stage are you.have they requested/received verifying from you school? If you you will have to give them roughly 20 days to process
Zilifish:

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Generalmerchant: 1:07pm On Jun 13, 2017
ltee:
I used a mobile app called camscanner and it worked well. you can even change resolutions for every image if you want. Your phone has to have a good pics quality. I used htc though.

Thanks a lot Ltee. I will download this immediately .
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by LolaO(f): 1:14pm On Jun 13, 2017
Dear everyone,

My fiancé and I are planning to apply via the Federal Skilled workers route...

My question is:
1. Can we apply together since we are not married or we have to apply separately as individuals?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by MrOba: 1:18pm On Jun 13, 2017
Hi, please does IQAS also send back to Schools for verification after receipt of transcripts?

vcole:

I think they respond by email now but you'll still have to go to exams and records or main aud to get them to do it and pay like 1k or sumn ridiculous
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 1:20pm On Jun 13, 2017
cool
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Zilifish: 1:22pm On Jun 13, 2017
Jesuba:
Wes will still contact your school for verification and will have to receive verification from the school before proceeding with the assessment after which you will receive an email of completion. So which stage are you.have they requested/received verifying from you school? If you you will have to give them roughly 20 days to process

Profile states: Documents recieved- Review in progress
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Ehrnie: 1:30pm On Jun 13, 2017
LolaO:
Dear everyone,

My fiancé and I are planning to apply via the Federal Skilled workers route...

My question is:
1. Can we apply together since we are not married or we have to apply separately as individuals?

Hi - I don't want to assume your (or your fiancés) nationality, or if you both live in Nigeria. So, see info from the CIC website:

If you are married or live with a common-law foreign national partner in Canada, and that person also meets the above conditions, you can decide which one of you will apply under Express Entry as a principal applicant.

A common-law partner is a person who has lived with you in a conjugal relationship for at least one year. Common-law partner refers to both opposite-sex and same-sex couples.

Look at each selection factor and see which one of you is most likely to meet the eligibility requirements and earn the most points. That person should apply as the principal applicant.

...but if you both are Nigerians, and you both live in Nigeria, then you will have to apply separately since you aren't married.

All the best!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Jesuba: 1:35pm On Jun 13, 2017
Bank transfers. Communications showing the relationship.his letters must be same address as yours for instance. Any official documents showing you as his next of kin. Old Pictures. get a statutory declaration by a family head attesting to your guardianship after the demise of your parents.Hope this is helpful.
dtush:

Hi, thanks for your input. I can spool record from my bank account for his school fees, i can also get a reference letter from his secondary school but how do i proof he lives with me? Pictures or wat? although his bank account details my addresses, his school records too. my bank account also details inflow of pocket money to him monthly

Please i will appreciate anythg else i shld start getting ready.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by lumzy1(m): 1:42pm On Jun 13, 2017
Finally submitted my application today. AOR 13th June. Now the waiting begins

13 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by LolaO(f): 1:50pm On Jun 13, 2017
Ehrnie:

Hi - I don't want to assume your (or your fiancés) nationality, or if you both live in Nigeria. So, see info from the CIC website:

If you are married or live with a common-law foreign national partner in Canada, and that person also meets the above conditions, you can decide which one of you will apply under Express Entry as a principal applicant.

A common-law partner is a person who has lived with you in a conjugal relationship for at least one year. Common-law partner refers to both opposite-sex and same-sex couples.

Look at each selection factor and see which one of you is most likely to meet the eligibility requirements and earn the most points. That person should apply as the principal applicant.

...but if you both are Nigerians, and you both live in Nigeria, then you will have to apply separately since you aren't married.

All the best!

Thanks for the prompt response.

We are both Nigerians, with what you've said, we'd have to apply separately, but at the same time I guess.

One last question, how much should I have in my account as a single applicant? and I don't understand the 6 months money in account norm? Can you please explain?
Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by mamacajah: 1:53pm On Jun 13, 2017
Ehrnie:

...but if[b] you both are Nigerians, and you both live in Nigeria[/b], then you will have to apply separately since you aren't married.

All the best!

pls explain further, like my hubby and I want to apply for EE but due to age, I will be the prinicipal applicant. Does this mean that after WES ECA and IELTS, only one of us needs to open the EE profile and not both of us? I thought we would have to apply seperately?.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Blackbuddy: 2:03pm On Jun 13, 2017
mamacajah:

pls explain further, like my hubby and I want to apply for EE but due to age, I will be the prinicipal applicant. Does this mean that after WES ECA and IELTS, only one of us needs to open the EE profile and not both of us? I thought we would have to apply seperately?.

Only one person need apply, the other person is to be included in the application as well as your kids if any. They all form your 'dependents'.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Ehrnie: 2:12pm On Jun 13, 2017
mamacajah:

Yes only one EE profile because you are married. The poster that asked the previous question stated she isn't married yet.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 2:15pm On Jun 13, 2017
LolaO:

[quote author=Ehrnie post=57479010]

All the best!
LolaO:

We are both Nigerians, with what you've said, we'd have to apply separately, but at the same time I guess.

One last question, how much should I have in my account as a single applicant? and I don't understand the 6 months money in account norm? Can you please explain?
Thanks

Common law Partner does not apply to only those
resident in Canada but to all Nationalities.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/glossary.asp#c
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=34
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=347&top=14

If however it's difficult for you to prove, and you are sure of getting married soon one of you could start the process and add the other later on as @esosa4real did
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Ehrnie: 2:19pm On Jun 13, 2017
LolaO:

Thanks

You don't have to apply at the same time. Apply separately...and keep it at that for now. Since you both aren't married, you are two individual applicants. If you get married, then you can update your records if you are still processing your FSWP application.

As a single applicant, you need $12,300 CAD. These funds could be in the form of:
•cash,
•documents that show property or capital payable to you (such as stocks, bonds, debentures, treasury bills, etc.), or
•documents that guarantee payment of a set amount of money, which are payable to you (such as bankers’ drafts, cheques, travellers’ cheques or money orders).

You will need your 6 months statement of account to accompany your application. Check the CIC website for more info on PoF and also use the search button on this thread to get more info....
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by mamacajah: 2:21pm On Jun 13, 2017
Thanks @Blackbuddy and Ehrine.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by LolaO(f): 2:22pm On Jun 13, 2017
Ehrnie:

You don't have to apply at the same time. Apply separately...and keep it at that for now. Since you both aren't married, you are two individual applicants. If you get married, then you can update your records if you are still processing your FSWP application.

As a single applicant, you need $12,300 CAD. These funds could be in the form of:
•cash,
•documents that show property or capital payable to you (such as stocks, bonds, debentures, treasury bills, etc.), or
•documents that guarantee payment of a set amount of money, which are payable to you (such as bankers’ drafts, cheques, travellers’ cheques or money orders).

You will need your 6 months statement of account to accompany your application. Check the CIC website for more info on PoF and also use the search button on this thread to get more info....

Okay, Many Thanks!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Dammiehar(f): 2:25pm On Jun 13, 2017
Not usually, never heard of it.
MrOba:
Hi, please does IQAS also send back to Schools for verification after receipt of transcripts?

(1) (2) (3) ... (538) (539) (540) (541) (542) (543) (544) ... (821)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.