Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,153 members, 7,818,487 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:10 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (542) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2606524 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (539) (540) (541) (542) (543) (544) (545) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by MrOba: 2:41pm On Jun 13, 2017
Thanks Dammie

Dammiehar:
Not usually, never heard of it.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Justiyke4u: 2:47pm On Jun 13, 2017
Justiyke4u:
Hello, good morning all. Please I have a question to ask. I have LLB(university certificate) and a BL(law school) and I'm a bit confused with these scenarios :

1. University degree at the Master’s level or equal OR University
level entry-to-practice professional degree or equal
(occupation related to the degree must be: NOC 2016 Skill
Level A, and licensed by a provincial regulatory body)

And

Two or more Canadian post-secondary degrees or diplomas or
equal (at least one must be for a program of at least three
years)

Which of the two does my certificates fit in
who can answer my eeeh
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 2:52pm On Jun 13, 2017
Justiyke4u:
who can answer my eeeh

It has been advised that for lawyers its better to assess only the LLB and to do the assessment with IQAS which usually assesses it to be an entry-to-practice professional degree.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 2:54pm On Jun 13, 2017
Guyz, please what's d Unique Client Identifier(UCI) about and why don't I have any i.e. the column is empty? Any clue?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Abby2017: 2:59pm On Jun 13, 2017
You won't have one if you are a first time applicant. In that case, leave the column blank.
bigbroda:
Guyz, please what's d Unique Client Identifier(UCI) about and why don't I have any i.e. the column is empty? Any clue?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Justiyke4u: 3:00pm On Jun 13, 2017
Charmingdivah:

It has been advised that for lawyers its better to assess only the LLB and to do the assessment with IQAS which usually assesses it to be an entry-to-practice professional degree.
thank you for your kind response
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 3:03pm On Jun 13, 2017
Abby2017:
You won't have one if you are a first time applicant. In that case, leave the column blank.

Thanks bro! I can't even do anything to it, it's system generated. What do you mean by being a first time applicant? U mean only those that had expired application that re-entered the pool have it?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Abby2017: 3:18pm On Jun 13, 2017
People that have never submitted an application to CIC... It is sis though smiley
bigbroda:

What do you mean by being a first time applicant?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by AlexanderGreat(m): 3:29pm On Jun 13, 2017
LolaO:
Dear everyone,

My fiancé and I are planning to apply via the Federal Skilled workers route...

My question is:
1. Can we apply together since we are not married or we have to apply separately as individuals?

You both should use the CRS tool to check separately. And see who would have the higher score (you two might need to take IELTS to really know who would have the higher CRS). The CRS is also based on who has the higher level of education. Once this is determined, the person with the higher CRS should apply for Express Entry. After the applicant gets ITA, submits his/her PR application and gets AOR, you both should go to the registry and get your marriage certificate. Then inform IRCC of the change in status. That way you both the PR together. This method saves cost of applying separately.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by EBENEZERABAYOMI: 3:33pm On Jun 13, 2017
Please i want to ask about the proof of fund PoF. Is it compulsory to be in dollar (canadian dollar or US dollar) or it can be in Naira equivalent. Thank U.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Jesuba: 3:44pm On Jun 13, 2017
it can be in naira equivalent. The currency doesn't matter.
EBENEZERABAYOMI:
Please i want to ask about the proof of fund PoF. Is it compulsory to be in dollar (canadian dollar or US dollar) or it can be in Naira equivalent. Thank U.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Ehrnie: 3:48pm On Jun 13, 2017
EBENEZERABAYOMI:

Any currency equivalent to $12300 CAD.

Use oanda and other credible currency converter websites to determine the equivalent. Also, leave allowance for exchange rate fluctuations (maybe +/- a few hundreds of dollars...or maybe even a thousand)
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by olabellruk: 4:15pm On Jun 13, 2017
Sly,

Thank you.The guy was helpful and is tracking the transcript now.

sly4reall:
Hi olabellruk,

I have a contact who was introduced to me in OAU Ife for MBA transcript processing (I think he works there). He processed my transcript in record time and posted it to WES. He also assisted me with the verification when it was sent back.

Though I am waiting for WES to confirm receipt of verification.(The verification confirmation was last Week) Maybe you can send me a mail sly4reall@yahoo.com. so that i can send u his number.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Faky201: 4:24pm On Jun 13, 2017
Please is there anyone that has used sale of property - land as POF ?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by mamacajah: 4:28pm On Jun 13, 2017
Blackbuddy:

Only one person need apply, the other person is to be included in the application as well as your kids if any. They all form your 'dependents'.

Just a quick question again, I see people saying that they won't evaluate their spouse educational qualifications as it does not add much points. Could someone expentiate on this? e.g My hubby is an engineer, with various professional engineering certification and project management. As i said earlier, due to age, I am to be the PA but I had thought that putting his education, job experience etc would increase our points. Already, he has sent his documents to WES and it is currently under verification by the local university. So do we continue or abandon this proces because it is not really necessary? I need some help here. Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Dammiehar(f): 4:48pm On Jun 13, 2017
Since you have started with your hubby's evaluation, there is no harm in seeing it through. It is not compulsory, but it will add points to your CRS,except you already have very high points and you need to enter the pool asap. However, hubby's work experience will not give you any points except it was obtained in Canada, therefore when filling your EE profile, choose nil for hubby's work history and include all his jobs in his personal history, so that you won't have to provide reference letters for them
mamacajah:

Just a quick question again, I see people saying that they won't evaluate their spouse educational qualifications as it does not add much points. Could someone expentiate on this? e.g My hubby is an engineer, with various professional engineering certification and project management. As i said earlier, due to age, I am to be the PA but I had thought that putting his education, job experience etc would increase our points. Already, he has sent his documents to WES and it is currently under verification by the local university. So do we continue or abandon this proces because it is not really necessary? I need some help here. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by mamacajah: 5:00pm On Jun 13, 2017
Dammiehar:
Since you have started with your hubby's evaluation, there is no harm in seeing it through. It is not compulsory, but it will add points to your CRS,except you already have very high points and you need to enter the pool asap. However, hubby's work experience will not give you any points except it was obtained in Canada, therefore when filling your EE profile, choose nil for hubby's work history and include all his jobs in his personal history, so that you won't have to provide reference letters for them
Thanks@Dammiehar, we don't have high points yet but we are praying to get high scores on IELTS, so since his education will give us some points in the CRS, then its fine. I was almost feeling bad that we wasted time and resource on his documents until I saw your response. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by chigrad: 5:09pm On Jun 13, 2017
Hello all, when ITA is received,can one do biometrics and medicals outside the country. i.e outside one's resident country. Your response would be appreciated
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Jesuba: 5:40pm On Jun 13, 2017
The requirement is fluid cash or money instruments like T bills. If you sell the land and have a bulk cash.keep the receipt issued and land transfer deed as proof that you got the money from sale of a land you owned. Because
Bulk deposits raises questions.

Faky201:
Please is there anyone that has used sale of property - land as POF ?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 5:54pm On Jun 13, 2017
Dammiehar:

In addition to this, spouse education is rated on a scale of 10 meaning dat's d maximum u can get. Some people ignore it when the consider d stress and cost of evaluating d certificate compared to d power of d maximum 10 attainable which u might not even get all. Some even ignore language test(IELTS) for spouse cos it's rated on a scale of 20. So d ball is in your court.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by abbyjo: 6:11pm On Jun 13, 2017
chigrad:
Hello all, when ITA is received,can one do biometrics and medicals outside the country. i.e outside one's resident country. Your response would be appreciated

You can do your medicals anywhere at approved hospitals,you do not need biometric as a PR applicant.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Demo213: 6:37pm On Jun 13, 2017
My dear Sister,

Make I join mouth Congratulations you again and again grin grin

How's the post PPR feeling?......... Don't answer, I can imagine kiss

SlowlybtSurely:
Long time people! Got my PPR few days ago. Took a total of 114 days from AOR. Timeline below:

FSW Outland
AOR February 15th
Meds passed April 7th
BG Next Step April 8th
Schedule A reguested April 26th
Schedule A submitted April 29th
BG NA May 1st
BG IP May 27th
PPR June 9th

Special thanks to my paddies; dupyshoo (may God bless this woman for me), vcole, Iphie, 40manlappy, boldinc etal.

This journey has taught me that if you have a vision, work towards it and pray, success is sure.

Good luck everyone. We will all celebrate in the end.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Faky201: 6:41pm On Jun 13, 2017
Thank you very much
Jesuba:
The requirement is fluid cash or money instruments like T bills. If you sell the land and have a bulk cash.keep the receipt issued and land transfer deed as proof that you got the money from sale of a land you owned. Because
Bulk deposits raises questions.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Happylassy: 6:54pm On Jun 13, 2017
mamacajah:

Your hubby's education should add a maximum of 10 points or less depending on the level. My opinion? every point counts. One point can make the difference between ITA or not. SO please do his WES. As per his job experience, it does not add anything to your points except it is Canadian experience . Be aware that they might ask for employment reference letter for your hubby too at the point of application. So if getting the reference might be a palaver, you might want to consider what you fill.

The more experienced members of the house might have some thots.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by mamacajah: 7:17pm On Jun 13, 2017
Thanks @Happylassy and bigbroda. Then this means we are on the right track.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by DatechMan(m): 8:14pm On Jun 13, 2017
elfmann:

And cash.
Please I need your help to pay for WES Assessment.

@PrinceLatona on twitter
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by chigrad: 9:43pm On Jun 13, 2017
thanks
abbyjo:

You can do your medicals anywhere at approved hospitals,you do not need biometric as a PR applicant.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by bbaby84(f): 9:47pm On Jun 13, 2017
I hope there's going to be a draw tomorrow.... sigh
Patiently waiting...
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by chigrad: 9:49pm On Jun 13, 2017
Can medical report done during study VISA application be used for EE application? Or one needs to go for another medicals once ITA is received.
NB: medical result hasn't exceeded one year
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by perks: 9:59pm On Jun 13, 2017
bbaby84:
I hope there's going to be a draw tomorrow.... sigh
Patiently waiting...

I doubt if there will be a draw tomorrow cos of d current upgrade being done to incorporate d extra points for sibling in canny/strong French. Not impossible though wink

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by perks: 10:02pm On Jun 13, 2017
chigrad:
Can medical report done during study VISA application be used for EE application? Or one needs to go for another medicals once ITA is received.
NB: medical result hasn't exceeded one year

Am not sure sha. But my advice will be to do a new one. Avoid anything dat will cause issues in dis process ooo. Just do every d way they asked grin

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Zilifish: 10:47pm On Jun 13, 2017
Pls how long should the proof of funds stay after u submit ur profile at post ITA. Can one remove it from the bank or leave it till the visa comes out?

(1) (2) (3) ... (539) (540) (541) (542) (543) (544) (545) ... (821)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.