Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,303 members, 7,819,026 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:12 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (543) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2608230 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (540) (541) (542) (543) (544) (545) (546) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 12:10am On Jun 14, 2017
DatechMan:

Please I need your help to pay for WES Assessment.

@PrinceLatona on twitter
Pm me.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by perks: 1:20am On Jun 14, 2017
Zilifish:
Pls how long should the proof of funds stay after u submit ur profile at post ITA. Can one remove it from the bank or leave it till the visa comes out?

It has to stay there till u get PR. And even till u land Canny cos in rare cases they ask at Port of entry.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by MummyJaygirls: 1:25am On Jun 14, 2017
chigrad:
Can medical report done during study VISA application be used for EE application? Or one needs to go for another medicals once ITA is received.
NB: medical result hasn't exceeded one year

Maybe you would need to contact cic for proper response to this
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Issyman(m): 3:15am On Jun 14, 2017
Good morning to u all, I have been a silent follower of this thread for a some months now and really want to appreciate all of you that have proffered solutions to other people and also to the [b]MAJOR CONTRIBUTORS [/b]that are never tired of answering questions and giving suggestions on how to go about the process; KUDOS to you for the selflessness. This thread make me to believe so much that if our dear country NIGERIA is a given a chance, LOVE as shown to each other on this thread will solve all the problems the country is facing.

Please Sirs/MAs, I just to want to initiate the process from the scratch (i.e. from Int'l passports and rest) but I will require guidance from you all to put me through as I progress in the process. I have done a bit of research by visiting the CIC and other relevant websites for more information on the process but you guys first hand experience is much better. We shall get our Int'l passports (me and spouse) before the week runs out and that of our 2 kids later (i.e. after our English tests and ECA).

Canreach immigration have called me a couple of times but I believe with you guys here, there is no need for their services and there fees is too way high.

In conclusion, I need answers to the following questions from you guys for a start:
1-should I wait for IELTS result before paying for transcript and ECA, how long is the validity of assessment?
2-at what stage do is the kids Int'l passports' numbers are required?
3-at what stage do we need POF?
4-the grading system for points as I really don't understand how this is calculated too well. I wish to get points for spouse language and education.
5-Canreach suggested Nova Scotia for PNP, please is the province ok?
6-Lastly, for ECA; which option is the best- WES, IQSA and the rest?

Profile:
Age-35yrs
Degree-Bsc
Prof. cert- ICAN ACA
Work experience-10yrs
NOC-1111-Financial auditors & Accountant.
spouse Age-28yrs
Degree- BSc
work exp-4-5yrs.

I really appreciate your responses.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by joyuzo(f): 3:38am On Jun 14, 2017
SlowlybtSurely:
Long time people! Got my PPR few days ago. Took a total of 114 days from AOR. Timeline below:

FSW Outland
AOR February 15th
Meds passed April 7th
BG Next Step April 8th
Schedule A reguested April 26th
Schedule A submitted April 29th
BG NA May 1st
BG IP May 27th
PPR June 9th

Special thanks to my paddies; dupyshoo (may God bless this woman for me), vcole, Iphie, 40manlappy, boldinc etal.

This journey has taught me that if you have a vision, work towards it and pray, success is sure.

Good luck everyone. We will all celebrate in the end.
Wow, Congratulations I'm so happy for you and wish you safe and smooth landing. God bless Us All.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Happylassy: 4:00am On Jun 14, 2017
Issyman:
Good morning to u all, I have been a silent follower of this thread for a some months now and really want to appreciate all of you that have proffered solutions to other people and also to the [b]MAJOR CONTRIBUTORS [/b]that are never tired of answering questions and giving suggestions on how to go about the process; KUDOS to you for the selflessness. This thread make me to believe so much that if our dear country NIGERIA is a given a chance, LOVE as shown to each other on this thread will solve all the problems the country is facing.

Please Sirs/MAs, I just to want to initiate the process from the scratch (i.e. from Int'l passports and rest) but I will require guidance from you all to put me through as I progress in the process. I have done a bit of research by visiting the CIC and other relevant websites for more information on the process but you guys first hand experience is much better. We shall get our Int'l passports (me and spouse) before the week runs out and that of our 2 kids later (i.e. after our English tests and ECA).

Canreach immigration have called me a couple of times but I believe with you guys here, there is no need for their services and there fees is too way high.

In conclusion, I need answers to the following questions from you guys for a start:
1-should I wait for IELTS result before paying for transcript and ECA, how long is the validity of assessment? [color=#990000][/color] You should carry out the process simultaneously because they take time. You might not get a date for IELTS exam immediately and still have to wait 2 weeks for result. I think the ECA assessment is valid for 5 years. Please other members of the house should confirm this. But IELTS is valid for 2 years, that gives you enough time to enter the pool and get ITA, all things been equal. Can I just say here taht both you and your wife should do all the stages together. ie IELTS exam and ECA.
2-at what stage do is the kids Int'l passports' numbers are required?Again, do this immediately. With the passport production issues currently in Nigeria, you need to start this process as soon as.[/b]
3-at what stage do we need POF? Better to start collating POF now. There are quite a few posts on previous pages about POF, please search Travel POF Express entry.
4-the grading system for points as I really don't understand how this is calculated too well. I wish to get points for spouse language and education. [b]See to calculate possible points http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp
You can get points for your wifes education and language. Up to 30 points!

5-Canreach suggested Nova Scotia for PNP, please is the province ok? I dont have an idea, other house members please?
6-Lastly, for ECA; which option is the best- WES, IQSA and the rest? IQAS seems faster but WES seems more universally accepted, it boils down to your choice really.

Profile:
Age-35yrs
Degree-Bsc
Prof. cert- ICAN ACA
Work experience-10yrs
spouse Age-28yrs
Degree- BSc
work exp-4-5yrs.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Justiyke4u: 7:12am On Jun 14, 2017
iphie25:

Thanks dear. What is delaying the assessment? IQAS is really faster and cheaper.
please learned friend, which assessment body would you advise me to use. I have my LLB and BL and will be the equivalent if you have any idea. Thanks in advance and congratulations and I tap into your blessing
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by hifyty(m): 7:17am On Jun 14, 2017
In addition, @issyman, I think your wife has the potential to have a higher CRS due to her age and experience. If i were you, i would exploit that. Make sure your IELTS are at least CBL9 (LSWR 8-7-7-7) and you may not be needing to go through the PNP route. PS Ontario issues NOI for EE profile of 400 and above in their Human Capital Stream Category. The NSNP is currently not accepting applications at this time. http://novascotiaimmigration.com/move-here/nova-scotia-demand-express-entry/ for their category B stream. you may want to look out for that if you are still interested.

Cheers

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by juddytee: 8:23am On Jun 14, 2017
[quote author=hifyty post=57498567]In addition, @issyman, I think your wife has the potential to have a higher CRS due to her age and experience. If i were you, i would exploit that. Make sure your IELTS are at least CBL9 (LSWR 8-7-7-7) and you may not be needing to go through the PNP route. PS Ontario issues NOI for EE profile of 400 and above in their Human Capital Stream Category. The NSNP is currently not accepting applications at this time. http://novascotiaimmigration.com/move-here/nova-scotia-demand-express-entry/ for their category B stream. you may want to look out for that if you are still interested.

Cheers

thanks for the pnp update pls more info. n update on any province that is open will be appreciated
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by perks: 8:34am On Jun 14, 2017
Justiyke4u:
please learned friend, which assessment body would you advise me to use. I have my LLB and BL and will be the equivalent if you have any idea. Thanks in advance and congratulations and I tap into your blessing

Learned counsel, am sure u ve d answer u require but just want further affirmation. Lawyers only need to assess LL.B. And IQAS is d preferred body for us.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by pes08: 8:43am On Jun 14, 2017
Issyman:

1-should I wait for IELTS result before paying for transcript and ECA, how long is the validity of assessment?
2-at what stage do is the kids Int'l passports' numbers are required?
3-at what stage do we need POF?
4-the grading system for points as I really don't understand how this is calculated too well. I wish to get points for spouse language and education.
5-Canreach suggested Nova Scotia for PNP, please is the province ok?
6-Lastly, for ECA; which option is the best- WES, IQSA and the rest?

Profile:
Age-35yrs
Degree-Bsc
Prof. cert- ICAN ACA
Work experience-10yrs
spouse Age-28yrs
Degree- BSc
work exp-4-5yrs.

Using ur wife's details and just her qualifications only without evaluating your own certificates and both of you scoring these marks in IELTS ie LWSR 8777 ur CRS will be 423.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by perks: 9:01am On Jun 14, 2017
Make me sef ask questions today smiley
For those dat didn't assess spouse educational qualifications and have filled d eAPR, Wat did u upload in education placeholder for spouse? Was it only d ielts or did u add d degree certificates?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Abby2017: 9:21am On Jun 14, 2017
Lol. Degree certificate
perks:
Make me sef ask questions today smiley
For those dat didn't assess spouse educational qualifications and have filled d eAPR, Wat did u upload in education placeholder for spouse? Was it only d ielts or did u add d degree certificates?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Feygbe: 9:29am On Jun 14, 2017
SlowlybtSurely:
Long time people! Got my PPR few days ago. Took a total of 114 days from AOR. Timeline below:

FSW Outland
AOR February 15th
Meds passed April 7th
BG Next Step April 8th
Schedule A reguested April 26th
Schedule A submitted April 29th
BG NA May 1st
BG IP May 27th
PPR June 9th

Special thanks to my paddies; dupyshoo (may God bless this woman for me), vcole, Iphie, 40manlappy, boldinc etal.

This journey has taught me that if you have a vision, work towards it and pray, success is sure.

Good luck everyone. We will all celebrate in the end.

Hearty congratulations to you! I am so happy for you. I got my ITA May 31st 2017. I am yet to submit my eAPR. Any help will be appreciated. Thank you!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ajiifixing(m): 10:22am On Jun 14, 2017
Hello People,
So I am filling my Application and they ask me for my Daughters family details.
Do I have to put my details and my wife's again seeing we have already filled our own profile?

people help oooo
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by yimiton(f): 10:28am On Jun 14, 2017
Hello House, please for people that wrote IELTS on the 25th of May and got their results on the 7th of June, what is the result number like?

Did the result number start with 16 or 17? As in, is it something like 16NG0.....or is it 17NG0.....

Your responses will be highly appreciated!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Jesuba: 10:41am On Jun 14, 2017
I did WES for mine. Is there any difference.
perks:

Learned counsel, am sure u ve d answer u require but just want further affirmation. Lawyers only need to assess LL.B. And IQAS is d preferred body for us.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by jobmman: 10:42am On Jun 14, 2017
chigrad:
Can medical report done during study VISA application be used for EE application? Or one needs to go for another medicals once ITA is received.
NB: medical result hasn't exceeded one year
MY Husband used the Medicals he used for his student visa for our PR app, (AOR April29th) and it was fine at least so far, he even tried doing another one in canny (hes a student there) but the hospitals didn't do it they said his medicals is still valid for one year, what you ll do is go to the hospital and they will give you one e medical print out. Hope this helps.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by yimiton(f): 11:03am On Jun 14, 2017
Did you write your IELTS in Lagos on the 25th of May? Have you picked the hard copy of your result? If yes, what is the result number like?

Did the result number start with 16 or 17? As in, is it something like 16NG0.....or is it 17NG0.....

MrOba:
Hi Guys,

I have been a follower of this thread for few weeks and I have found it very helpful and informative. Big ups to all who are contributing to this platform. My IELTS result just came out LRSW 8.5/7/7/7.5 and I intend to enter the EE pool as soon as possible but a major stumbling block is my ECA. My School (LAUTECH) has been on strike for almost a year now and it doesn't look like the school is going to resume anytime soon. Is there anyone who is in similar situation? I only have my statement of result and from what I have read here, I don't think that will suffice. Is there anyway around this? Your input will be much appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by MummyJaygirls: 11:10am On Jun 14, 2017
ajiifixing:
Hello People,
So I am filling my Application and they ask me for my Daughters family details.
Do I have to put my details and my wife's again seeing we have already filled our own profile?

people help oooo

You are to fill in every detail which includes urs and Madam's. Even if it's not required, there's no harm refilling. If they don't need it they should ignore it grin

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Jesuba: 11:16am On Jun 14, 2017
Do you obtain the PCC before receiving an ITA or you just obtain it which hoping to be issued an ITA. Am in Ghana and it seems from the CIC website that one might not need PCC to apply upon invitation but only upon written request from CIC. I realised its clearly required for Nigeria. Can any one please clarify this or if they know some one who obtained PCC from Ghana.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by yimiton(f): 11:19am On Jun 14, 2017
Let your wife be the principal applicant. With her age, she'll have more points and stand a better chance of getting an ITA.

Issyman:

1-should I wait for IELTS result before paying for transcript and ECA, how long is the validity of assessment? Start both immediately, they're not dependent on each other.
2-at what stage do is the kids Int'l passports' numbers are required? When you've received ITA
3-at what stage do we need POF? When you've received ITA
4-the grading system for points as I really don't understand how this is calculated too well. I wish to get points for spouse language and education. You should evaluate your degree and write IELTS to get points for your wife, due to her age, she'll get way higher points than you if she does well in her IELTS
5-Canreach suggested Nova Scotia for PNP, please is the province ok? You don't need a provincial nomination. With good IELTS scores, your wife will get a direct ITA
6-Lastly, for ECA; which option is the best- WES, IQSA and the rest? I will always choose WES to IQAS, even with all WES' wahala. At the end of the day, you weigh the cons and pros of both and make up your mind.

Profile:
Age-35yrs
Degree-Bsc
Prof. cert- ICAN ACA
Work experience-10yrs
spouse Age-28yrs
Degree- BSc
work exp-4-5yrs.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ajiifixing(m): 11:29am On Jun 14, 2017
MummyJaygirls:

You are to fill in every detail which includes urs and Madam's. Even if it's not required, there's no harm refilling. If they don't need it they should ignore it grin
grin grin grin grin grin
Thanks.
How about expired passport detail...did you fill ALL in.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by optionese: 11:32am On Jun 14, 2017
ajiifixing:

grin grin grin grin grin
Thanks.
How about expired passport detail...did you fill ALL in.

@mummyjaygirls this info is not correct. When you are filling details for your children, the question is to name any family member who is not included in this application. So you ought not to fill any family member for your child as I am assuming that both parents are in the application.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 11:33am On Jun 14, 2017
yimiton:
Hello House, please for people that wrote IELTS on the 25th of May and got their results on the 7th of June, what is the result number like?

17 Sist! As in 17NG0.... U should have had yours by now. Oh.... U in one of those British Council office cities and yet to pick it up I guess. I actually made a guess of the certificate number before arrival by using 16 on my EE profile but got 2 things wrong, I had to go back to correct it. Two zeros were also added before the exam number, I added one. Yours might be different though. I think the exam digits should be six in number hence the reason for 2 zeros. It's 17NG0... once again.

All da best!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by optionese: 11:35am On Jun 14, 2017
Jesuba:
I did WES for mine. Is there any difference.

Is your assessment out? What was the final evaluation? I am here to assure you that you may have just wasted money as WES reviews your certificates as 1st degree and not professional degree.

Note to others. Learn to read this thread. People are still asking questions that are all on the thread.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 11:43am On Jun 14, 2017
optionese:

Is your assessment out? What was the final evaluation? I am here to assure you that you may have just wasted money as WES reviews your certificates as 1st degree and not professional degree.

Note to others. Learn to read this thread. People are still asking questions that are all on the thread.
I am tired of preaching to folks to read. It is incurable!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by optionese: 11:45am On Jun 14, 2017
elfmann:

I am tired of preaching to folks to read. It is incurable!

Am stressed on their behalf.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Jesuba: 11:48am On Jun 14, 2017
My assessment from WES states as follows:

Major/Specialization: Law
Canadian Equivalency: Bachelor's degree (four years)
Remarks: The Bachelor of Laws is the first professional degree in law in
Ghana and represents the completion of three years of
professional study in a Common Law Jurisdiction
optionese:

Maybe the jurisdictions make the difference.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by optionese: 11:55am On Jun 14, 2017
Jesuba:
My assessment from WES states as follows:

Major/Specialization: Law
Canadian Equivalency: Bachelor's degree (four years)
Remarks: The Bachelor of Laws is the first professional degree in law in
Ghana and represents the completion of three years of
professional study in a Common Law Jurisdiction

Ok o., so when you filled your form did you refer to it as a professional degree? The equivalency says Bachelor's degree. Mine from says it's "compares to the completion of a first professional university degree in law."
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by XX01(f): 11:56am On Jun 14, 2017
optionese:

Does it really matter? If he uses that first degree to get ITA does he need a higher evaluation?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by MrOba: 11:58am On Jun 14, 2017
Yes I did my IELTS on May 25 but I am yet to go pickup the TRF (hard copy). I'm planning to go to British Council office on Friday.

yimiton:
Did you write your IELTS in Lagos on the 25th of May? Have you picked the hard copy of your result? If yes, what is the result number like?

(1) (2) (3) ... (540) (541) (542) (543) (544) (545) (546) ... (821)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.