Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,028 members, 7,849,154 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 03:22 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (576) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2635688 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (573) (574) (575) (576) (577) (578) (579) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Boss13: 12:02pm On Jun 26, 2017
ajiifixing:
Dear all please I was just checking our medical papers and saw incomplete for my wife's 501 Medical Examination. Is this right?
Every other person in the family has required instead.

Also,How long ago should the experience you're claiming be.
E.g If I am claiming branch manager between 2007-2009 but have other roles in the same banking afterwards is it ok?

There is nothing wrong with the medical. For your job roles, it would be better to first get work reference from your organization and then fill the form - this is to ensure synchronization
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ajiifixing(m): 12:45pm On Jun 26, 2017
Boss13:

There is nothing wrong with the medical. For your job roles, it would be better to first get work reference from your organization and then fill the form - this is to ensure synchronization

Thanks Boss 13.As per work experience what I am asking is this: how stale should it be. at least 1 year in the last 5 years? Or at least 1 year no matter the period

Modified:
I have seen it (God punish devil for bringing doubts)

Minimum requirementsSkilled work experience

Your work experience must be:

in the same type of job as your primary NOCwithin the last 10 yearspaid work (volunteer work, unpaid internships don’t count)at skill type 0, or skill levels A or B of the 2011 National Occupational Classification (NOC)at least 1 year (1,560 hours total / 30 hours per week), continuous:full-time at 1 job: 30 hours/week for 12 months = 1 year full time (1,560 hours)equal amount in part-time: 15 hours/week for 24 months = 1 year full time (1,560 hours)full-time at more than 1 job: 30 hours/week for 12 months at more than 1 job = 1 year full time (1,560 hours)

You must show that you did the duties set out in the lead statement of the occupational description in the NOC, including all the essential duties and most of the main duties listed.

If you cannot show that your work experience meets the description in the NOC, you are not eligible under this program.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Beckyhopeful: 1:42pm On Jun 26, 2017
Hello,pls can you assist with the Ottawa email address.Thanks
esosa4real:

Same thing you must have wrote in your CSE.
I wrote exact same thing in email and attached the PCC file.

I only added this piece at the end;

"Please I would be glad you acknowledge receipt of the email and also there would be no new messages coming from me."

Lol....that's because I had sent two emails earlier, one to know VO and one to ascertain medicals and the same guy was responding!

Note: I sent an updated PCC, not like it was requested! I wanted to be safe because previous one was done while I was still inside Nigeria. Now I am out and got a new one!

Just do ur thing and send also via email to be sure, doesn't have to be xact wordings!!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by esosa4real(m): 5:05pm On Jun 26, 2017
Beckyhopeful:
Hello,pls can you assist with the Ottawa email address.Thanks

CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Feygbe: 5:19pm On Jun 26, 2017
Good day. Please has anyone gotten a bank letter from UBA with a savings account there?

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 5:30pm On Jun 26, 2017
Hi Boss, did you use WES or IQAS for your ECA report? I'm thinking of going through the OINP route too, but not sure if Ontario accepts ECA report from IQAS.
sammyacbxyz:
Thanks. Will do just that.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 6:22pm On Jun 26, 2017
ajiifixing:
Dear all please I was just checking our medical papers and saw incomplete for my wife's 501 Medical Examination. Is this right?
Every other person in the family has required instead.

E.g If I am claiming branch manager between 2007-2009 but have other roles in the same banking afterwards is it ok?

cc: Blackbuddy, Gymme, vcole, merrymum, Beem4cupid

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by revlane: 6:41pm On Jun 26, 2017
esosa4real:

Yeah it's around 30 - 33k at ikoyi registry!

If u want express, as per don't want to wait for that 21days notification prior to D-day, you pay higher, as much as 40k+.

NB: these r not supposed 2 be d official prices but corruption is a norm there and these r d least corrupt prices you can find. grin cheesy

I researched one ikoyi registry thread on nairaland and discovered this b4 I did mine....search it

You are the best. Na naija we dey na. Anything happens when it involves ego
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by MissG(f): 6:44pm On Jun 26, 2017
Hello Guys,

I got my ITA two months ago and I am putting together my documents and have a question.

I want to use treasury bills as my proof of funds, do I still need to include my bank statement?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by trishachi: 6:45pm On Jun 26, 2017
ltee:

Credits to beem4cupid.

You can send a mail to this Addy - CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca, the subject should be E000xxxxx request. Under body, request to know of your passport has been received.
application no, DOB, last name, First Name, UCI if you know it and the category of immigration- FSW,PNP or CEC.

But I haven't reached the passport Request stage not to talk of sending my passport. Am still at the BG NA stage after medical passed. Or can you out rightly ask to know which VO is processing your application?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Ajujuju2: 7:10pm On Jun 26, 2017
esosa4real:

I sent same for an updated PCC and didn't receive any confirmation via CSE (though I know must ve gone thru), I however also sent same PCC via email to that cpc-ctd-ottawa email and pleaded that they acknowledge by email when they receive document. I got reply days later that document had been sent to the appropriate office.

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by XX01(f): 7:32pm On Jun 26, 2017
MissG:
Hello Guys,

I got my ITA two months ago and I am putting together my documents and have a question.

I want to use treasury bills as my proof of funds, do I still need to include my bank statement?

Yes. The line actually asks for ALL bank statements and not just where you have proof of funds. We can get away with asking for 2 or 3 statements but not including any at all would be fishy. My opinion sha.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by trishachi: 7:47pm On Jun 26, 2017
esosa4real:

Same thing you must have wrote in your CSE.
I wrote exact same thing in email and attached the PCC file.

I only added this piece at the end;

"Please I would be glad you acknowledge receipt of the email and also there would be no new messages coming from me."

Lol....that's because I had sent two emails earlier, one to know VO and one to ascertain medicals and the same guy was responding!

Note: I sent an updated PCC, not like it was requested! I wanted to be safe because previous one was done while I was still inside Nigeria. Now I am out and got a new one!

Just do ur thing and send also via email to be sure, doesn't have to be xact wordings!!

Which VO is processing your application? And how did u send the email to know your VO. I would sure like to know where my application is bring processed.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by subomi123: 8:06pm On Jun 26, 2017
@sammyacbxyz my brother pls i just want confirm this OINP work experience with you... I have one year minimum work experience requirement.
This is my scenario, I worked for company A for eight months and company B for 1year and this is still on going different NOC. My question is that do I need to get a reference letter from company A? The reason why I am asking this question is that it states on the OINP application guide that we should provide a list all of the paid work experience in the last ten years. Remember I don't get points for the eight months job that I did with company A.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Beckyhopeful: 8:25pm On Jun 26, 2017
esosa4real:

Thanks Esosa.
CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Blackbuddy: 8:33pm On Jun 26, 2017
ajiifixing:
Every other person in the family has required instead. I believe you have done the medicals by now, just confirm from the clinic that all the medicals results have been remitted with out any issue

E.g If I am claiming branch manager between 2007-2009 but have other roles in the same banking afterwards is it ok? [color=#990000][/color]This is okay as the BM role was for over 1 year and it occurred within the last 10 years

Hi, see above.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by hiscules: 8:54pm On Jun 26, 2017
Good evening house, I have question which might sound stupid.

Since CIC states that the funds in the POF must not be borrowed, how do they ensure this, do they check credit history of the applicants or accompanying spouse or BVN checks of bank accounts to see if there is any loan being serviced anywhere?

Let me say for instance a spouse who is not the PA took a loan just before they submitted their application and the loan is for a business venture and in another bank account and not connected to the funds in the bank account (joint account of both PA and spouse with sufficient proof of source of funds) being presented to CIC.

Will this be checked and can it cause a refusal of the application?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by oluphilip2008(f): 9:23pm On Jun 26, 2017
Good evening house. Pls I have a few questions that I need your help to clarify.

(1) for someone who has up to 6years work experience, but has been out of job in the past 4 years, am I still qualified? I mean will the previous work experience prior to the 4 years of no job fly? I can get reference letter for 4 out of those 6years, payslips, salary account statement.

POF is going to be from the sales of a landed ppty in spouse's name. We plan to use the fund to buy T-bills in my name as the PA

(2) my niece has been living with me, I'm the one responsible for her, so I plan on including her in my application, can this complicate my application?

(3) My marriage certificate is the one issued by RCCG, that's after submitting the one issued at the registry, is this acceptable or it has to be the one from registry.

God bless the seniors in the house as you take time to reply.

CC: @Vcole, @40manlappy, @blackbuddy, @Boss13, @esosa4real, @mummyjaygirls, @duppysho
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by eddycross(m): 9:33pm On Jun 26, 2017
MummyJaygirls:

I have seen May 7 med passed, let the countdown begin

Hi all,

we just got 'Medical Passed'.

AOR - May 11
Medical Passed - Jun 26 (46 days after AOR)

The waiting continues.

@MummyJaygirls, you should be next

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by folamingo: 9:35pm On Jun 26, 2017
I just felt I should share to clear some doubts as regards which passport document to attach POST ITA.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by revlane: 9:49pm On Jun 26, 2017
Hi, I learnt HND and OND qualifies as two or more certificate. Is that true? Should my friend use IQAS or WES?
Also for those with CRS below 400, any PNP route available?
Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 10:02pm On Jun 26, 2017
sammyacbxyz:
It's 10k for int'l transcript. Then 15k or so for FedEx. Plus 5-7k to motivate the processing officer. grin

Did Unizik ask for another cash for WES verification phase or was it IQAS?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by merrymum: 10:12pm On Jun 26, 2017
40manlappy:

cc: Blackbuddy, Gymme, vcole, merrymum, Beem4cupid

@ajifixing.
Not sure if I understand what you mean by how long ago, but CIC states you can get point for any work experience within the last 10 years. So you need to check when exactly in 2007 you are claiming for as we are in the 10th year (2017), hope you get what I mean.

As for different roles, I don't see anything wrong with that as long as you get reference letters stating the job description for any one of them you wish to use. I am using two completely different jobs (banking and field engineer) from different organizations, how much more your roles in same bank.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by naijagogetter: 10:18pm On Jun 26, 2017
Good evening everyone. I have been a silent follower of this forum and I have learnt a lot from it.

Please I need your opinion on this.

My spouse is in the pool with a CSR of 430 but we decided to evaluate my degree so that she can have an extra 8 points. WES just responded to my evaluation and said that my degree was forged. They also said they'll inform all appropriate bodies.

Please, will WES' result affect my spouse' application eventhough she'll not be adding my degree?

Your urgent response will be highly apprecaited.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Boss13: 10:26pm On Jun 26, 2017
eddycross:

Hi all,

we just got 'Medical Passed'.

AOR - May 11
Medical Passed - Jun 26 (46 days after AOR)

The waiting continues.

@MummyJaygirls, you should be next

Today is a National Holiday in Canada. Did you just noticed this today or it happened last week?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Boss13: 10:31pm On Jun 26, 2017
oluphilip2008:
Good evening house. Pls I have a few questions that I need your help to clarify.

(1) for someone who has up to 6years work experience, but has been out of job in the past 4 years, am I still qualified? I mean will the previous work experience prior to the 4 years of no job fly? I can get reference letter for 4 out of those 6years, payslips, salary account statement.

POF is going to be from the sales of a landed ppty in spouse's name. We plan to use the fund to buy T-bills in my name as the PA

it appears your hubby is the P.A. You certainly do not have issues with work experience since your experience is within 10 years and if your hubby is the P.A, then worry less. You have to get references for all 6 years work experience. If you cannot get a reference, state the reason why this is impossible. Also, be prepared to show sales document after the land has been sold to further prove that the money is yours

(2) my niece has been living with me, I'm the one responsible for her, so I plan on including her in my application, can this complicate my application?

this will be a tough one because she is not your child. One way to prove that a dependent is your child is through birth certificate. You may have to commence adoption process if you really want her to come along

(3) My marriage certificate is the one issued by RCCG, that's after submitting the one issued at the registry, is this acceptable or it has to be the one from a registry.

Both are cool. Registry is fantastic

God bless the seniors in the house as you take time to reply.

CC: @Vcole, @40manlappy, @blackbuddy, @Boss13, @esosa4real, @mummyjaygirls, @duppysho
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by eddycross(m): 10:33pm On Jun 26, 2017
Boss13:

Today is a National Holiday in Canada. Did you just noticed this today or it happened last week?

Hi Boss 13,

I've logged in twice every day for the past few days - morning and evening. I just noticed the update this evening.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by alt3r3g0: 10:35pm On Jun 26, 2017
naijagogetter:
Good evening everyone. I have been a silent follower of this forum and I have learnt a lot from it.

My spouse is in the pool with a CSR of 430 but we decided to evaluate my degree so that she can have an extra 8 points. WES just responded to my evaluation and said that my degree was forged. They also said they'll inform all appropriate bodies.

Please, will WES' result affect my spouse' application eventhough she'll not be adding my degree?

It will not affect it as she is not claiming any point for it.

But are you going to allow WES just discredit your hard earned degree?

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Boss13: 10:36pm On Jun 26, 2017
naijagogetter:

Wow - this is a huge one. Your wife may decide not to claim points for your education. Her score seems sufficient to get ITA, but we don't know what the new draw will be like. However, I am more concerned about the future when you finally immigrate. Employers in Canada still request for WES evaluation and since you may not get this, it may be tough to get a good job.

I will also like further opinion on this.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Boss13: 10:38pm On Jun 26, 2017
eddycross:

Hi Boss 13,

I've logged in twice every day for the past few days - morning and evening. I just noticed the update this evening.

Interesting because there has been no activity today due to the Holidays. Congratulations!!! Wish you the very best.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by naijagogetter: 10:40pm On Jun 26, 2017
Thank you so much for your response, it has really set my mind at rest.

I'll engage WES another day but for today, I just wanted to be sure that this won't affect my spouse.

alt3r3g0:

It will not affect it as she is not claiming any point for it.

But are you going to allow WES just discredit your hard earned degree?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by coolhayor: 10:42pm On Jun 26, 2017
You will only be evaluated based on what u submitted, nothing more.

naijagogetter:

(1) (2) (3) ... (573) (574) (575) (576) (577) (578) (579) ... (821)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.