Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,093 members, 7,835,682 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:26 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (577) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2621083 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (574) (575) (576) (577) (578) (579) (580) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Boss13: 10:45pm On Jun 26, 2017
hiscules:
Good evening house, I have question which might sound stupid.

Since CIC states that the funds in the POF must not be borrowed, how do they ensure this, do they check credit history of the applicants or accompanying spouse or BVN checks of bank accounts to see if there is any loan being serviced anywhere?

Let me say for instance a spouse who is not the PA took a loan just before they submitted their application and the loan is for a business venture and in another bank account and not connected to the funds in the bank account (joint account of both PA and spouse with sufficient proof of source of funds) being presented to CIC.

Will this be checked and can it cause a refusal of the application?

No it won't. CIC will only confirm balance of the bank statement you provided to them. They don't do credit checks. Since the loan do not reflect in the statement of account submitted to them, then there is no need to worry.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Boss13: 10:48pm On Jun 26, 2017
naijagogetter:
Thank you so much for your response, it has really set my mind at rest.

I'll engage WES another day but for today, I just wanted to be sure that this won't affect my spouse.

The problem is not WES, but from your Institution - maybe there is no record of your credentials with them. What WES do is contact the Institution to confirm if the certificate and transcript are original and when the institution indicate otherwise, then it is termed as a forgery. So visit your school and confirm the authenticity of your results.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ltee: 11:00pm On Jun 26, 2017
trishachi:

But I haven't reached the passport Request stage not to talk of sending my passport. Am still at the BG NA stage after medical passed. Or can you out rightly ask to know which VO is processing your application?

Yes you can ask...
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 11:02pm On Jun 26, 2017
naijagogetter:
Thank you so much for your response, it has really set my mind at rest.

I'll engage WES another day but for today I just wanted to be sure that this won't affect my spouse.

You better engage them today. If they go ahead do you know it could ruin you? how can an organisation threaten to notify other bodies your result is forged and you are taking it lightly? undecided

Some of you take things lightly. How can they make such threat and you are still here asking questions?

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by eddycross(m): 11:07pm On Jun 26, 2017
Boss13:

Interesting because there has been no activity today due to the Holidays. Congratulations!!! Wish you the very best.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by temitope06(m): 11:16pm On Jun 26, 2017
naijagogetter:
Good evening everyone. I have been a silent follower of this forum and I have learnt a lot from it.

Please I need your opinion on this.

My spouse is in the pool with a CSR of 430 but we decided to evaluate my degree so that she can have an extra 8 points. WES just responded to my evaluation and said that my degree was forged. They also said they'll inform all appropriate bodies.

Please, will WES' result affect my spouse' application eventhough she'll not be adding my degree?

Your urgent response will be highly apprecaited.

Dude, take very urgent action ASAP. You need to understand the implication of that statement by WES that they will 'inform appropriate bodies'. Be swift bro and take it up with your school immediately.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by oluphilip2008(f): 11:24pm On Jun 26, 2017
[quote author=Boss13 post=57867600][/quote]

@Boss13, thanks a lot for your response, you're highly appreciated.
But I am to be the principal applicant as age is no longer on Hubby's side. That's why I am worried of the 4years lapse. Though I did a masters program within those four years, the result of which is not out yet cos I just did thesis defence.
But with my b.sc and a good IELTS score (rewriting on the 3rd of August, my previous result being LRWS - 8,8.5,6.5,7. Hubby's own is 6,6,6,7) I'll be good. Hubby has a masters, but his age score is way too low compared to mine.

But my unemployment status since almost four years is a major cause for concern.
Do I stand a chance with my previous work experience or I need to be working presently to qualify?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by lilyandie: 12:05am On Jun 27, 2017
lilyandie:
Hi Guys,

Please i need your assistance.

My school in the UK forwarded my transcripts to IQAS about 3 weeks ago, i cant track it becos they used UK 2nd class mail, and i havent anything from IQAS. Please does anyone have their contact details?

I applied for Manitoba PNP and i found out that their points system is quite high, does anyone have any information on them? Maybe i read wrong.

Thank you for your kind assistance.

please kindly assist oooo
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 12:36am On Jun 27, 2017
WellEndowed:

You better engage them today. If they go ahead do you know it could ruin you? how can an organisation threaten to tell other bodies your result is forged and you are taking it lightly? undecided

Some of you take things lightly. How can they make such threat and you are still here asking questions?
He sounds culpable!

13 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by revlane: 12:54am On Jun 27, 2017
revlane:
Hi, I learnt HND and OND qualifies as two or more certificate. Is that true? Should my friend use IQAS or WES?
Also for those with CRS below 400, any PNP route available?
Thanks

Any with answers please
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by hiscules: 1:08am On Jun 27, 2017
Boss13:

No it won't. CIC will only confirm balance of the bank statement you provided to them. They don't do credit checks. Since the loan do not reflect in the statement of account submitted to them, then there is no need to worry.
Really becos the way they emphasize that phrase "Must not be borrowed" my mind was just going 360 around d application. Let me wait for other gurus to also look into this matter.

Cc:dupyshoo,vcole,boss 13 et all

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 1:11am On Jun 27, 2017
revlane:

Any with answers please
Swear u don't know the answer.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 1:14am On Jun 27, 2017
hiscules:
Really becos the way they emphasize that phrase "Must not be borrowed" my mind was just going 360 around d application. Let me wait for other gurus to also look into this matter.

Cc:dupyshoo,vcole,boss 13 et all
Bro, u no suppose borrow.. But we don dey borrow dey call am gift deeds. Who workplace dey pay well here plus nija wahala dat chop d moni?

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 1:18am On Jun 27, 2017
temitope06:

Dude, take very urgent action ASAP. You need to understand the implication of that statement by WES that they will 'inform appropriate bodies'. Be swift bro and take it up with your school immediately.
U see y WES no dey joke with that verification phase? Those who send their transcripts by themselves...

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 1:29am On Jun 27, 2017
#Copied

The anatomy of a standard application is as follows:

1. Enter the EE pool.

2. Receive the ITA.

3. File application and supporting documents.

4. AOR - Automatically acknowledged, usually on the same day as submission.

5. The first step is to check for completeness. This usually triggers the application review "IN PROGRESS." This is done at the Centralized Intake Office (CIO).

6. Next stage is the R10 review. This is the first stringent check of the application against the EE profile you created. The Regulation 10 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations imposes a strict liability on the applicants to account for all documents uploaded, satisfy what was stated in the EE profile, and ensure that there are no gaps. If you do not provide the documents or they are filed incorrectly, your application can be rejected due to the strict liability on the applicant under this regulation. However, a lot depends on the agent reviewing the file. Under the R 10 review your IELTS, ECA are checked against the websites to ascertain that there is no misrepresentation. (R10 review is done within the 1-3 months of filing the application). If an applicants age has changed from EE profile to ITA, then the same is recorded and his score is affected. This is also done at the CIO level. Most of the applications are rejected here.

7. At the R10 review if you have any documents missing, the application is rejected, or more time is given to file the document if there is a Letter of Explanation (LoE). It largely depends on the agent reviewing it. Some are brutal and will reject the application even for a minor error.

8. Usually by this stage the medicals are also passed. Recently some applicants received request to re-access their medicals when the file reached the Local Visa Office (LVO). I have a theory for this, but in most cases, once the medicals are passed, they are good until the final review stage. The applicants who received a re-assesment for the medicals could be because of two reasons:
a. The doctor or the facility which examined them had a complaint against it, or the CIC found something fishy about how things were being conducted there; or
b. The medicals did not disclose the required parameters, or the applicant had an underlying medical issue, which the CIC wanted to get re-assessed.

8. Now the next stage is to determine eligibility, i.e. whether the application meets the program prerequisites under which it is filed. For FSW, your experience, letters of reference, education, etc are in order. For the PNP, FSW and your nomination is present, for CEC, your Canadian experience is on file. And, so on so forth for the other categories. The objective here is to review whether you meet the program threshold and what you claim is correct. If there is any suspicion, or things don't sound good, the agent can send you application for further review. Which includes an interview, extra doc request etc. If the applicant meets the requirements, and his score is over the cut off for the ITA she received, his eligibility is passed. If there are issues, they will be addressed. This usually happens at the LVO. This stage happens when the application is usually 4-5 months into the process. At this stage, if the eligibility is met, the chances of refusal considerably go down, unless there is a criminal history. However, if your score goes down due to CIC not acknowledging your experience, NOC and reference letters not matching, or a change in age, the application is rejected.

9. As soon as the eligibility is met, next comes the security and criminality (or background check). Usually the criminality is met through the Police Clearance Certificates (PCC) uploaded with the application. If the applicant has been to a country which is suspicious, or your travel history does show frequent visits to a country without any explanation, the same are recorded and evaluated. If things look good, your criminality is passed. A lot of applicants receive a request for Schedule A at this stage to ensure no gap time is present and the history is clear.

10. The last and the final stage is the security. This is a serious & time-consuming stage, involving many agencies, including Canadian Security Intelligence Service (CSIS), International Police (INTERPOL), Criminal Database Checking & touch-base with Local Police. Many things are considered here. Number of countries visited, Applicant coming from 'certain' countries, past law enforcement or military record, Prolonged stay in a country w/out sufficient docs to prove cause, frequent traveling to certain nations, your *Name (?), Inter-Religion/Nationality Marriages etc. If everything is simple & straight, the file soon gets into the 'final review' stage. If there are any 'red flags', the case goes into a 'spin'. Then the file might go to the local Police/intelligence agencies; the outcome/timeframe of which is beyond the control of CIC. And thereby the timeframe can be anything [sometimes beyond 1yr]. But, usually this stage should be over within 1-2 months. However, a point to be noted is that the applicant can also be called for an Interview [at this stage], due to this reason. For some people the security has a quick turn around. But in the last two weeks a lot of applicants are stuck at this stage.

11. At the final review, when the security results come in, the PPR is issued.

28 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by hiscules: 1:32am On Jun 27, 2017
elfmann:

Bro, u no suppose borrow.. But we don't dey borrow they call am gift deeds. Who workplace dey pay well here plus nija wahala dat chop d moni.
thanks. no need for gift deed in this case now, the money was not used for the application, or am I missing something? Am just curious as to how far they go checking financial details of applicants given that BVN is usually on the bank statements
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 1:40am On Jun 27, 2017
hiscules:
thanks. no need for gift deed in this case now, the money was not used for the application, or am I missing something? Am just curious as to how far they go checking financial details of applicants given that BVN is usually on the bank statements
No borrow it is..how u wan survive when u land with no cash? Check am.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by MissG(f): 2:26am On Jun 27, 2017
XX01:

Yes. The line actually asks for ALL bank statements and not just where you have proof of funds. We can get away with asking for 2 or 3 statements but not including any at all would be fishy. My opinion sha.

Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Adiahabasi: 2:53am On Jun 27, 2017
oluphilip2008:
Good evening house. Pls I have a few questions that I need your help to clarify.

(1) for someone who has up to 6years work experience, but has been out of job in the past 4 years, am I still qualified? I mean will the previous work experience prior to the 4 years of no job fly? I can get reference letter for 4 out of those 6years, payslips, salary account statement.

POF is going to be from the sales of a landed ppty in spouse's name. We plan to use the fund to buy T-bills in my name as the PA

(2) my niece has been living with me, I'm the one responsible for her, so I plan on including her in my application, can this complicate my application?

(3) My marriage certificate is the one issued by RCCG, that's after submitting the one issued at the registry, is this acceptable or it has to be the one from registry.

God bless the seniors in the house as you take time to reply.

CC: @Vcole, @40manlappy, @blackbuddy, @Boss13, @esosa4real, @mummyjaygirls, @duppysho
1.Yes you are qualified, any work experience in the last 10years does. 3 years gives you the maximum points required,so claiming for 4 years is OK, put the other(s) in the personal history section and you'll be fine.
2. Nope, she can only go with you if you can show you are the closest living relative she has, or if you legally adopt her.
3.RCCG marriage cert is endorsed by the federal Govt(I.e the long cert that comes with the church cert,submit both) so its perfectly OK.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Adiahabasi: 2:58am On Jun 27, 2017
revlane:
Hi, I learnt HND and OND qualifies as two or more certificate. Is that true? Should my friend use IQAS or WES?
Also for those with CRS below 400, any PNP route available?
Thanks
. WES evaluates it as 2 or more certs IQAS doesn't, so stick with WES.
SINP and Nova Scotia are the available options but both have been quite unpredictable this year.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Adiahabasi: 3:01am On Jun 27, 2017
hiscules:
Good evening house, I have question which might sound stupid.

Since CIC states that the funds in the POF must not be borrowed, how do they ensure this, do they check credit history of the applicants or accompanying spouse or BVN checks of bank accounts to see if there is any loan being serviced anywhere?

Let me say for instance a spouse who is not the PA took a loan just before they submitted their application and the loan is for a business venture and in another bank account and not connected to the funds in the bank account (joint account of both PA and spouse with sufficient proof of source of funds) being presented to CIC.

Will this be checked and can it cause a refusal of the application?
C
Nope, when dem no be CIA
They don't check credit history.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Thrombos(f): 4:28am On Jun 27, 2017
Kudos to the elders and everyone in this great forum . I want to make some enguiries as regards EE processing .
I 'be recently being promoted to the post of territorial sales manager in the company where I work . I've been a sales officer for six years, though my job descriptions as a sales officer matches that of the sales/ marketing manager stated in the NOC .
My question is can I state that durationof job experience is 6 years.
Thanks in anticipation of your response
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 4:52am On Jun 27, 2017
elfmann:

He sounds culpable!

" I will engage them another day" what BS undecided If your result isn't forged why should you take that crap sitting down?

He thinks it's Nigeria where you can wipe your slate clean with bribe anyhow. This organisation is located in a developed country. The same country he wants to migrate to with his wife. What if they make good on their threat? does he think it won't affect him one way or another if he relocates to Canada?

He is here asking us how much palm oil cost in Benin-Ore road instead of fixing the mess he is in.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by olajide21: 6:19am On Jun 27, 2017
Good morning All. Hope we are having a peaceful holidays. My ECA just got completed by WES since March the 6th, 2017. The report however carried a few notification based on
1.0 the way my third name was on my first degree credentials and my second degree credentials ( I assessed both)
2. A typographical error by my instution in spelling my first name correctly in the academic transcript sent to them. ( The name Sheriff was spelt Sherief) The report clearly stated that this error occurred.

I have a court affidavit in respect of item 1 as I also noticed this in my credentials hence I have never had an issue with it.
Does the two notifications added to my report pose any danger? Do I accept the report the way it is and use it for my CIC bearing in mind the inclusion of these notification with the VIC assessing officer thinking it's fraudulent?
One good though, it's seems both issues occurred only on my first degree assessment alone. I have read here that assessing the second degree alone would be sufficient, do I ask WES to limit my ECA to my masters degree alone?
Elders in the house, kindly advice.
Thanks in anticipation.... If you need further details in other to advice better, do let me know.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by tplacid: 6:54am On Jun 27, 2017
Good morning house. Please I would like to know if you will score more points by having a sister in law who is a PR in canada.

Secondly, when I applied for my student visa I included a job I did for 1 month however applying to EE requires jobs that are up to a year, so if I decide not to include the 1 month job won't it count as provision of false information or being dishonest ?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 7:00am On Jun 27, 2017
olajide21:
Good morning All. Hope we are having a peaceful holidays. My ECA just got completed by WES since March the 6th, 2017. The report however carried a few notification based on
1.0 the way my third name was on my first degree credentials and my second degree credentials ( I assessed both)
2. A typographical error by my instution in spelling my first name correctly in the academic transcript sent to them. ( The name Sheriff was spelt Sherief) The report clearly stated that this error occurred.

I have a court affidavit in respect of item 1 as I also noticed this in my credentials hence I have never had an issue with it.
Does the two notifications added to my report pose any danger? Do I accept the report the way it is and use it for my CIC bearing in mind the inclusion of these notification with the VIC assessing officer thinking it's fraudulent?
One good though, it's seems both issues occurred only on my first degree assessment alone. I have read here that assessing the second degree alone would be sufficient, do I ask WES to limit my ECA to my masters degree alone?
Elders in the house, kindly advice.
Thanks in anticipation.... If you need further details in other to advice better, do let me know.

IRCC is very clear on this: only the highest qualification needs to be assessed. So you would have been fine with your Masters degree alone.

Does the name on your affidavit correspond to the one on your birth certificate? If so, I think you can add a letter of explanation (LOE) to them when it's time to submit your PR application.

On the other hand, if you can limit the ECA to your Masters degree that has no issues, that's fine. I am not sure how WES works in that area; maybe you can shoot them a mail to enquire. You can also wait for the opinion of members who are more conversant with them. Cheers

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Morbolar: 7:34am On Jun 27, 2017
A14:

Also upload your affidavit of change of name. I think that carries more weight.

Thank you. God bless.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by MummyJaygirls: 7:54am On Jun 27, 2017
eddycross:

Hi all,

we just got 'Medical Passed'.

AOR - May 11
Medical Passed - Jun 26 (46 days after AOR)

The waiting continues.

@MummyJaygirls, you should be next

Amin o, waiting patiently, ok that's a lie I'm not patient

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by MummyJaygirls: 7:56am On Jun 27, 2017
Boss13:

Today is a National Holiday in Canada. Did you just noticed this today or it happened last week?

No it wasn't a holiday yesterday. Offices were open
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Boss13: 7:59am On Jun 27, 2017
See attached. The Muslim holiday was also observed yesterday too. Offices can open, no doubt, but there was little activity observed yesterday

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 8:02am On Jun 27, 2017
Hello bro, I have been seeing this 1500 CAD all around here, what's it for? Is it a replacement for a poor IELTS result?

bbaby84:

Or redo IELTS... I know it's not such a pleasant feeling to redo but it's cheaper that forking out 1500 CAD...

All the best!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Ehrnie: 8:06am On Jun 27, 2017
DIPXOID:
Hello bro, I have been seeing this 1500 CAD all around here, what's it for? Is it a replacement for a poor IELTS result?

Don't "give" anyone $1500CAD for poor ielts o...this $1500 referred to here is the application fee for Ontario PNP...hian!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (574) (575) (576) (577) (578) (579) (580) ... (821)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.