Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,443 members, 7,816,020 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:38 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (646) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2604228 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (643) (644) (645) (646) (647) (648) (649) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by temitope06(m): 3:13pm On Jul 17, 2017
yokus:
I never lived in the US, I dont know where they got that from.
Thank @Wura27 and @lamlye

You've been to the US? And cumulatively how long have you stayed there, all your trips added together? Sorry about the cancellation. But if it's wrong, you can let them know.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by GboyegaD(m): 3:14pm On Jul 17, 2017
Bob12:
Hi guys,
My wife is the principal applicant and she has done WES for both her B.Sc and M.Sc...
As spouse, do I need to do WES for both B.Sc and M.Sc cos I am looking at saving cost and time.
I can get my M.Sc done faster than the B.Sc cos I can easily go to the institution to hasten things up unlike my B.Sc institution that is hundreds of kilometers away.

Please advise if I can do just the M.Sc. alone since I am not the principal applicant. Thanks

Masters alone is fine.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by GboyegaD(m): 3:19pm On Jul 17, 2017
Java47:
Hello All,

Found this resource on this site and thought i should share, I hope this helps calm the nerves of those in the Waiting Room. . .

https://www.myimmitracker.com/en/ca/trackers/consolidated-e-apr-tracker-express-entry-permanent-residency-application/analytics

It might not be accurate but sure gives a predictable timeline for possible scenarios.

Enjoy. . . .

It is near accurate though. I know a few people like myself who used it and it was +/- 5days for us.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by GboyegaD(m): 3:28pm On Jul 17, 2017
funshobabs:
Greetings to all nairalanders in the house.
Please I need help, clarification and all the support in the house on FSW.

My profile:
Msc petroleum Engineering, Teesside UK.
BEng Mechanical Engineering (UNIMAID)
Work Experience : Lecturing (The Federal Polytechnic Ilaro. Department of Mechanical Engineering). From December 2014 to date.
Marital Status: Married to a beautiful and intelligent Lady.
Age 30.

Wife's Profile
Ma English (in view)
Ba English both UNILAG.
Work experience: Meadow Hall ...One year
The Federal Polytechnic Ilaro (Administrative Officer Registrar cadre) from July 2014 to date.
Age 29

We intend to apply for FSW Canada, the question is who should be the principal applicant? I have checked the occupational list and unable to find my NOC as a lecturer in a polytechnic.

Well, I intend making my wife the principal applicant because of the following reasons.
1. There's a DOB error on my WAEC certificate contradicting all others on my documents which might pose a problem during WES evaluation of my academic qualification. (After evaluating my MSC and Beng degrees, do I need to evaluate my WAEC result?).

2. She stand a better chance of passing the IELTS test lol. Shes a guru in English, she speaks well too. I intend writing too to boast our points

3. Her Educational qualification evaluation using WES might be easy(you know Unilag will be conversant with stuffs like that) unlike my school Unimaid. I might have difficulty in getting to the school.

Please my people, I will need a comprehensive advice on what to do.

Thank you guys.

Check NOC 4021. It should fit.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Tooyy: 3:31pm On Jul 17, 2017
honeybeetom:
@tooyy, Have you heard from them now

@honeybeetom....nope , not yet. but i just check my app on CIC and its approved. guess its AVO dat want want to gimme high BP undecided

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Issyman(m): 3:35pm On Jul 17, 2017
Wura27:

I know the answer but I won't answer since it's addressed to Seniors and I ain't no Senior :p cheesy

#byebye

wura27, you are also one of the seniors that we are learning from. I regard everyone that has been assisting others on this thread as a Senior. My dear, u are a distinguished senior.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by GboyegaD(m): 3:41pm On Jul 17, 2017
wengerly:

Bro, kindly clarify location; from Bow Valley to UofC is about 7.8km and that is 12 mins drive or 33 mins on the train. Thanks

I suppose what he meant by close to UofC is nearness to train station. Besides, it is approximately 18minutes from University Train Station to City Hall which isn't bad and the easiness of getting to other places from downtown.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Ehrnie: 3:59pm On Jul 17, 2017
Hi guys – I’ve got this post PPR question:

Photograph specifications. How do I get my name, DoB, and details of the photography studio behind my photo? Can I handwrite my own details and probably the studio details, if they don’t print it behind?

Many thanks smiley
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by gogedda: 4:07pm On Jul 17, 2017
Good afternoon everyone, Congratz to those who have just gotten their PPR.

Please house, how long does it take IQAS to acknowledge the receipt of our documents. UI sent my transcript since 20th of June while I faxed my other docs since 30th of June. Up till this moment, no acknowledgement emails from IQAS...please how can one Contact them?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Ehrnie: 4:16pm On Jul 17, 2017
yokus:
Sad to post this time line
Ita- 3/3/17 march 3rd
AOR 16/6/17 Acknowledgement of receipt
UCI num assigned on or b4 11/7/17
Adr-11/7/17
Adr sent 12/7/17
Cancelled 17/7/17

It is heartbreaking
I thought that we only needed police clearance for aplace we spend 6months straight in. I did uk police report and nigeria. I am a little bit confused but it is well.
Apparently i need USA police clearance - how do i go about this cos i dont want to be discouraged, i want to go back in the pool asap

So sorry to hear about this. I can only imagine how you feel.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 4:43pm On Jul 17, 2017
superchi:

I will give a contact in Exams and Records. Please inbox me a mcg. I don't think it will be good to put up his number here.
r
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Babachi: 4:52pm On Jul 17, 2017
Ehrnie:
Hi guys – I’ve got this post PPR question:

Photograph specifications. How do I get my name, DoB, and details of the photography studio behind my photo? Can I handwrite my own details and probably the studio details, if they don’t print it behind?

Many thanks smiley
Sure you can handwrite the details
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by bbaby84(f): 5:00pm On Jul 17, 2017
yokus:
I never lived in the US, I dont know where they got that from.
Thank @Wura27 and @lamlye

Oh dear! So sorry to hear this. I've never lived in the US myself but I got an FBI PCC done ( still waiting on the report though). When I calculated all the times I've been to the US for holidays., childbirth etc it was more than 6 months so I had to do it. I submitted on the 9th of May and they've only begun to open May packages in July. It takes a while. So get on it right now.
You may need to get all your docs all over because of dates. Good luck!

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Ajujuju2: 5:07pm On Jul 17, 2017
yokus:

It is heartbreaking
I thought that we only needed police clearance for aplace we spend 6months straight in. I did uk police report and nigeria. I attached the pic, i hope this helps someone. I am a little bit confused but it is well.
Apparently i need USA police clearance - how do i go about this cos i dont want to be discouraged, i want to go back in the pool asap.
Can i still use all these same documents. My crs was 451.

Sorry to read about the cancellation, its disheartening. However US PCC cannot be rushed. The earliest timeline is 12-14weeks whch is almost the duration of an ITA (90 days). and honestly beacuse il advice you start the request before you accept ITA.
Click on this link to begin.
https://www.fbi.gov/services/cjis/identity-history-summary-checks

As to using same documents, yes you can, but pls include an updated bank letter/statement and naija PCC.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Osemigho: 5:12pm On Jul 17, 2017
Farefare:
Hi guys, please for those that used IQAS, how long did it take them to acknowledge receipt of your transcript sent by the institution. Mine is taking forever and I can't even call or send a mail to enquire.

IQAS is now experiencing longer delays. I think it is only better alternative to WES for those that foresee longer delay due to WES verification, Especially, strike prone institutions. Even their processing time is now 30 business days after an email confirming receiving one's document. It is well.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by yokus(f): 5:24pm On Jul 17, 2017
Thank you very much. I didnt realise that it was cumulative. Thanks every one inc wura27. I guess ill start over

Oh dear! So sorry to hear this. I've never lived in the US myself but I got an FBI PCC done ( still waiting on the report though). When I calculated all the times I've been to the US for holidays., childbirth etc it was more than 6 months so I had to do it. I submitted on the 9th of May and they've only begun to open May packages in July. It takes a while. So get on it right now.
You may need to get all your docs all over because of dates. Good luck![/quote]

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by yokus(f): 5:33pm On Jul 17, 2017
Thank you very much, i appreciate you @ajujuju2 @bbaby84 @wura27 @lamlye
There was a clause in the letter stating no usa police cert or evidence of it being done. What is the best advice, i downloaded the filled form and will go to alagbon to do the finger printing and dhl it this week.
However does it make sense to enter the pool or accept ita again... or does the clause "evidence of processing the police cert" mean that i can upload the evidence of processing it.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by JESUnifemi4eva: 5:44pm On Jul 17, 2017
Really sorry about the cancellation.

Please start processing your PCC, get into the pool, you have 90days after ITA to submit...i believe FBI PCC takes about 12weeks.

Use a US address and get then to scan it to you (coloured scan) immediately it's received as that will reduce the time for delivery in Nigeria.

Stay good.
yokus:
There was a clause in the letter stating no usa police cert or evidence of it being done. What is the best advice, i downloaded the filled form and will go to alagbon to do the finger printing and dhl it this week.
However does it make sense to enter the pool or accept ita again... or does the clause "evidence of processing the police cert" mean that i can upload the evidence of processing it.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ugoiyke79e: 5:59pm On Jul 17, 2017
yokus:

sorry about the cancellation. I never did a US PCC but have read on this forum it takes 8-12wks to receive it.
From previous experiences shared on this thread, It was advised that people who applied for FBI PCC should hold on to submitting their app(i.e after ITA ) till veerry close to their 90days deadline ..and if d us pcc doesnt arrive by then, ..u can then submit your app with a LOE + evidence of fbi pcc application in the placeholder for US pcc...and send a cse as soon as u get d pcc.

Cheers and speedy ppr in your nxt application.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by boldinc(m): 6:01pm On Jul 17, 2017
So sorry to hear about the cancellation... You can get back into the pool immediately and also accept ITA when it comes. Also, begin the processing of the FBI PCC and wait for it. If it does not show up by 80 days after you have received ITA, upload the proof that you have begun the process and submit... That is accepted.

Once the PCC is out, raise a CSE and submit same.

All the best... I pray you are successful this time.

yokus:

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ENGRDUDU89(m): 6:02pm On Jul 17, 2017
gogedda:
Good afternoon everyone, Congratz to those who have just gotten their PPR.

Please house, how long does it take IQAS to acknowledge the receipt of our documents. UI sent my transcript since 20th of June while I faxed my other docs since 30th of June. Up till this moment, no acknowledgement emails from IQAS...please how can one Contact them?
Hi I have pm you,I want to know how you process your transcript in UI
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 6:22pm On Jul 17, 2017
Osemigho:

IQAS is now experiencing longer delays. I think it is only better alternative to WES for those that foresee longer delay due to WES verification, Especially, strike prone institutions. Even their processing time is now 30 business days after an email confirming receiving one's document. It is well.
Does IQAS require back and forth verification? If not it is still gonna be better than WES.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by damidamsel: 6:31pm On Jul 17, 2017
Hi All, Please any one with same timeline or an idea of what is going on or what i should do, please kindly advise.

My AOR is May 21 (family of 3). Before medical passed, my status showed additional documents being reviewed and BG as NA. Medical passed was June 29 and UCI numbers assigned. Additional documents now shows "We do not need additional documents" and i saw BG as "in progress" on June 30 which i believe might be IP1 as it says " We will send you a message when we start your background check". It's been 17days now and BG status has refused to change and I haven't heard or seen anyone whose own took so long. I had requested a gcms about 4weeks ago and yet to get it so i can't tell what is going on.

Any need to be this agitated as i am ooo sad sad grin
Thanks in advance for your responses
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ebho: 6:54pm On Jul 17, 2017
Hello house.

Please I need to know the best way to pay for eAPR our total charge is 2800CAD.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by merrymum: 6:58pm On Jul 17, 2017
So sorry about the cancellation @yokus. You'll def make it next time and with the speed of things now, it'll come fast. All the best!

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by wengerly(m): 7:04pm On Jul 17, 2017
GboyegaD:

I suppose what he meant by close to UofC is nearness to train station. Besides, it is approximately 18minutes from University Train Station to City Hall which isn't bad and the easiness of getting to other places from downtown.

Thanks, I just needed clarification.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by boldinc(m): 7:16pm On Jul 17, 2017
Either get a friend or relative with an international card to help out and you pay naira or open a Dorm acct in Nigeria, buy dollars from black market and load of your card.

In my case, got someone to fund my BoA account and I paid her in Naira. It's what she does. She also helps people make international payments I believe...

ebho:
Hello house.

Please I need to know the best way to pay for eAPR our total charge is 2800CAD.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Happylassy: 7:23pm On Jul 17, 2017
Hi there,

All I can say is that this CIC PR is a work of patience. My total time line to PPR would be almost 110 days or more. I ran out of patience and went to get some more. My best advise: if you are a person of faith PRAY and if not get very busy in something consuming and enjoyable. I dont think there is a rational way to work out timing with CIC, and to be honest every application is peculiar.

Chill out, enjoy the time before you move into the cold. grin

damidamsel:
Hi All, Please any one with same timeline or an idea of what is going on or what i should do, please kindly advise.

My AOR is May 21 (family of 3). Before medical passed, my status showed additional documents being reviewed and BG as NA. Medical passed was June 29 and UCI numbers assigned. Additional documents now shows "We do not need additional documents" and i saw BG as "in progress" on June 30 which i believe might be IP1 as it says " We will send you a message when we start your background check". It's been 17days now and BG status has refused to change and I haven't heard or seen anyone whose own took so long. I had requested a gcms about 4weeks ago and yet to get it so i can't tell what is going on.

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by chomiePedia: 7:36pm On Jul 17, 2017
pls i need advice. i received ITA on july 12. my passport will expire on feb 28 2018. the immigration office i went to has refused to renew my passport stating that i should come bank on august 28, when my passport has 6 months validity. please i need advice on what to do?. should i go ahead an apply with my passport or should i wait till august 28 to apply or possibly September when i will get the new passport?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by boldinc(m): 7:44pm On Jul 17, 2017
August is only about a month away... I will advise you wait to renew it while you get all other documents together. Once the new one is ready? You can upload and submit. You have 90 days to prepare...

All the best!

chomiePedia:
pls i need advice. i received ITA on july 12. my passport will expire on feb 28 2018. the immigration office i went to has refused to renew my passport stating that i should come bank on august 28, when my passport has 6 months validity. please i need advice on what to do?. should i go ahead an apply with my passport or should i wait till august 28 to apply or possibly September when i will get the new passport?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by MummyJaygirls: 8:29pm On Jul 17, 2017
damidamsel:

It means IP2 status uploading smiley

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by MummyJaygirls: 8:30pm On Jul 17, 2017
yokus:
Sad to post this time line
Ita- 3/3/17 march 3rd
AOR 16/6/17 Acknowledgement of receipt
UCI num assigned on or b4 11/7/17
Adr-11/7/17
Adr sent 12/7/17
Cancelled 17/7/17

It is heartbreaking
I thought that we only needed police clearance for aplace we spend 6months straight in. I did uk police report and nigeria. I attached the pic, i hope this helps someone. I am a little bit confused but it is well.
Apparently i need USA police clearance - how do i go about this cos i dont want to be discouraged, i want to go back in the pool asap.
Can i still use all these same documents. My crs was 451.

Awww! Sorry about this.

(1) (2) (3) ... (643) (644) (645) (646) (647) (648) (649) ... (821)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.