Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,081 members, 7,835,646 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:57 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (754) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2621061 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (751) (752) (753) (754) (755) (756) (757) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by deeore: 10:29am On Aug 09, 2017
I think it depends on the country your going.. I know when i was going to Dubai with my. Son and sisinlaw it was a bit of a problem but because my sisinlaw had the same name lastname as the name in my sons paasport they let it fly during visa acquisition.. So the agent said... On other occasions,my hubby was with me. When i was coming back from Yankee with my 2nd baby.. I was alone and was not asked but i have heard that you would need a consent letter from hubby to avoid stories that touch... But i just carry my marriage certificate and � publication anytime i travel with or without hubby. I hope this my small epistle helped tp answer your question small

sunvick:
Pls to the married ladies in the house. I need help with little clarification.

Is it true that you cannot use a passport in your maiden name (before marriage) to travel out of Nigeria , while your baby bears your husbands name

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Dammiehar(f): 10:31am On Aug 09, 2017
walexlo78:
Hi, something I think about this subject is if one can hold 3 citizenship I.e Nigerian, Canadian and American. If one has to drop one by law am thinking one may want to choose US cos Canadian citizenship may already give same opportunities as American. One may still like to keep the nigerian citizenship maybe just to maintain the root. With this view, it may be better to submit the Nigerian passport as I don't know the implication of withdrawing the citizenship with which the PR was granted. Your views house.

Yes, one can have 3 citizenships, as long as the 3 countries involved allows you to have more than one citizenship, you don't have to drop any. In this case Nigeria, USA and Canada allow this, so one do not have to drop any. Read up on it.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 10:32am On Aug 09, 2017
Once more than one citizenship is allowed, then you can have as many citizenships as you want. I don't think you will be restricted to having only 2.
As far as I am aware, I don't think there is any restriction to getting multiple citizesnhips for the 3 countries you mentioned (I stand to be corrected though). The only issue one might have with US citizenship is double taxation. That's why people without intention to live in US sometimes renounce their citizenship.

walexlo78:
Hi, something I think about this subject is if one can hold 3 citizenship I.e Nigerian, Canadian and American. If one has to drop one by law am thinking one may want to choose US cos Canadian citizenship may already give same opportunities as American. One may still like to keep the nigerian citizenship maybe just to maintain the root. With this view, it may be better to submit the Nigerian passport as I don't know the implication of withdrawing the citizenship with which the PR was granted. Your views house.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 10:33am On Aug 09, 2017
Hehehe!! You beat me to this.
Dammiehar:

Yes, one can have 3 citizenships, as long as the 3 countries involved allows you to have more than one citizenship, you don't have to drop any. In this case Nigeria, USA and Canada allow this, so one do not have to drop any. Read up on it.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Dammiehar(f): 10:34am On Aug 09, 2017
dupyshoo:
Once more than one citizenship is allowed, then you can have as many citizenships as you want. I don't think you will be restricted to having only 2.
As far as I am aware, I don't think there is any restriction to getting multiple citizesnhips for the 3 countries you mentioned (I stand to be corrected though). The only issue one might have with US citizenship is double taxation. That's why people without intention to live in US sometimes renounce their citizenship.

Exactly, because either you live in the US or not, you still have to pay tax to the US government.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 10:34am On Aug 09, 2017
Aig84:
UPDATE!!!!

Just got a mail from IQAS, certificate evaluation is complete, a soft copy will be mailed to me in the next few days. Thanks to MummyJaygirls 40manlappy, elfmann and others.

It seems the 30 business days is from when you receive an acknowledgment from them and not necessarily when your certificates and transcripts got there.

I faxed my documents sometime late May and my transcripts got delivered on the 9th of June (as per tracking). I only received an acknowledgment on the 27th of June, counting 30 business days from then falls perfectly to today despite them requesting for another scanned certificate.

So for those waiting for ECA, hang in there and don't panic, till of course the 30 business days are over. IELTS next!! Slowly but surely
Congratulations! One hurdle is off ur road.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by deeore: 10:34am On Aug 09, 2017
You dont have to drop any citizenship..as its not compulsory for the american citizen to become a canadian citizen...all you can keep doing is renewing the permanent residency status... That way the child has both the us and niger passport and the canada pr... Abi...
Please correct me if am wrong o... But that is what i plan to do..

walexlo78:

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Dammiehar(f): 10:35am On Aug 09, 2017
dupyshoo:
Hehehe!! You beat me to this.

Yes sis, I did.... grin grin grin grin
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 10:38am On Aug 09, 2017
Dammiehar:

Why would one keep Us and Canadian citizenships? I meant a tax-paying adult.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Dammiehar(f): 10:41am On Aug 09, 2017
elfmann:

Why would one keep Us and Canadian citizenships? I meant a tax-paying adult.

Its by choice, and an individual's decision to make. All I am saying is that its not against the law to have multiple citizenship, as long as the countries involved allows it.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by chybaz: 10:41am On Aug 09, 2017
cochtrane:

I send only my degree result to WES, photocopy. While my school sent the transcript.
Read the FAQ on their site to get more info.
Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by chybaz: 10:41am On Aug 09, 2017
Charmingdivah:

For the assessment, your school is required to send the transcript, while you send other documents (like copy of statement of result/degree you are evaluating, copy of valid identification and of course the application form) using either courier or fax.
Well detailed and priceless.
Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 10:45am On Aug 09, 2017
walexlo78:

You don't need a passport to keep ur Nigerian root. So many Nigerians don't even have a passport.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 10:49am On Aug 09, 2017
Dammiehar:

Its by choice, and an individual's decision to make. All I am saying is that its not against the law to have multiple citizenship, as long as the countries involved allows it.
I know but I'm highlighting it mainly on d double taxation aspect. Many folks don't know this..well when these american born kids with Canadian citizenship are hit with the reality, some would renounce their Us citizenship. Haba! Again, it depends on where u live and make cash.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Dammiehar(f): 10:49am On Aug 09, 2017
elfmann:

You don't need a passport to keep ur Nigerian root. So many Nigerians don't even have a passport.

You ehn..., you have come again. grin smiley

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by XX01(f): 10:50am On Aug 09, 2017
walexlo78:

Nigerian root wetin? All of these things we are doing is to remove limitations from my kids. Nigerian passport is the least valuable, I will glady drop it for them. Most of our kids will hardly identify with Naija anyways and their kids will do same.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 10:52am On Aug 09, 2017
XX01:

Nigerian root wetin? All of these things we are doing is to remove limitations from my kids. Nigerian passport is the least valuable, I will glady drop it for them. Most of our kids will hardly identify with Naija anyways and their kids will do same.
That's d thing. Dilemma? Want to get away from Nigerian system but still want some nigerianness.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by cochtrane(m): 10:53am On Aug 09, 2017
elfmann:

I know but I'm highlighting it mainly on d double taxation aspect. Many folks don't know this..well when these american born kids with Canadian citizenship are hit with the reality, some would renounce their Us citizenship. Haba! Again, it depends on where u live and make cash.
even if you live abroad, you may still be subjected to tax on foreign earned income. Just not wise to maintain citizenship of Canada and US. What's the benefit in the long run when you can already easily live and work in both countries with one citizenship?
Acquisition to no end.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 10:55am On Aug 09, 2017
cochtrane:
even if you live abroad, you may still be subjected to tax on foreign earned income. Just not wise to maintain citizenship of Canada and US. What's the benefit in the long run when you can already easily live and work in both countries with one citizenship?
Acquisition to no end.
I follow u to hell!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by cochtrane(m): 10:55am On Aug 09, 2017
elfmann:

That's d thing. Dilemma? Want to get away from Nigerian system but still want some nigerianness.
Right? They just can't get over Nigeria, lol. It's a great country anyways.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by cochtrane(m): 10:56am On Aug 09, 2017
XX01:

Haha. Abeg o. We need some patriotism.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ITABABE: 10:57am On Aug 09, 2017
40manlappy:

PP Sent to AVO: July 18
Delivered to AVO: July 20
Approved Status: Aug 2
Pickup Mail: Aug 3
Passport Rec'd: Aug 7
Thanks. 3 weeks seems to be average . I wonder why it has to take the long though . Landing this year?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 10:58am On Aug 09, 2017
Why won't you want your kids to identify with Naija?

As for me, I want my kids to identify with the good Nigeria/ Western culture and discard the bad ones.
There are still a lot of good things about Nigeria and a lot of bad things about western culture. Just saying my opinion though..

XX01:

10 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 11:01am On Aug 09, 2017
Not correct. You can easily visit but not easy to work.
cochtrane:
What's the benefit in the long run when you can already easily live and work in both countries with one citizenship?
Acquisition to no end.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Dammiehar(f): 11:01am On Aug 09, 2017
cochtrane:

Haha. Abeg o. We need some patriotism.

Who patriotism help? If we are benefiting from the so called roots, we won't all be here looking for a way out. They can hold on to Nigeria, while I go and hold on to my sweet, sweet canny land, the home of maple syrup..... smiley

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 11:01am On Aug 09, 2017
GlitteringStar:

Lol grin grin grin

See what IELTS/EE yaf caused ooo grin grin grin

Good news for us all!
Yes..if u no read..no answers. If u read..no time to finish. Catch 22!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by toyogirl: 11:03am On Aug 09, 2017
Congrats!

40manlappy:

PP Sent to AVO: July 18
Delivered to AVO: July 20
Approved Status: Aug 2
Pickup Mail: Aug 3
Passport Rec'd: Aug 7

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by funjy: 11:09am On Aug 09, 2017
40manlappy:
Thanks to everyone for the congratulatory messages and good wishes. May our positive dreams come true! smiley

Congrats @40manlappy.

Please don't know if you could still help with the OSU contact for transcript? The one i got tried but ....

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 11:09am On Aug 09, 2017
dupyshoo:
Why won't you want your kids to identify with Naija?

As for me, I want my kids to identify with the good Nigeria/ Western culture and discard the bad ones.
There are still a lot of good things about Nigeria and a lot of bad things about western culture. Just saying my opinion though..

It depends on d kids oh. If u are afraid of drugs, loss of culture..keep them here. But if u want public services and accountability, take them there. A bit of good from here and there is rare. Make up ur minds!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Vanessa00: 11:11am On Aug 09, 2017
Good morning everyone.
Congrats to everyone from passed IELTS to PPR. We will all celebrate.

A question for a relative with July 31st AOR.
His wedding is in 2 weeks and afterwards, he would like to add his spouse to his already submitted application. Please what necessary steps should he take to inform IRCC e update his application including her. What documents does she require? Concerning funds, how should he go about updating his account?

Please all opinions are welcomed. Thanks in advance.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 11:20am On Aug 09, 2017
Hmm, I have seen a lot of kids here that have imbibed some good Nigerian culture. That is what I want.

Are you not afraid of kids getting involved in drugs? You need to come to the city centre here and see lot of young people addicted to drugs. You don't need to watch walking dead to see zombies as many of them take zombie positions when they have taken drugs. A lot of teenagers die frequently after taking Ecstasy and Fentanyl. I don't want any of these abeg.

elfmann:

It depends on d kids oh. If u are afraid of drugs, loss of culture..keep them here. But if u want public services and accountability, take them there. A bit of good from here and there is rare. Make up ur minds!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by DereI(f): 11:21am On Aug 09, 2017
Kontagious:

Please o, what's the difference between 6 weeks and 30 business days? Of course, there might be public holidays within the 6 weeks but I don't think it will be more than 2 days.. In all, 6 weeks and 30 business days looks same to me, or am I missing something?
grin grin grin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (751) (752) (753) (754) (755) (756) (757) ... (821)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.