Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,176 members, 7,829,212 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:38 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (751) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2616195 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (748) (749) (750) (751) (752) (753) (754) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by MummyJaygirls: 8:53pm On Aug 08, 2017
chybaz:

Hi, Kindly follow me. Wana send u a pm.

Aiye! Aiye! Captain wink
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ebho: 8:57pm On Aug 08, 2017
For those asking about the exchange rate and proof of funds.
Kindly find IRCC response.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Remxyj: 9:04pm On Aug 08, 2017
careliz:

Guys this is d mail we received from CIC today! Shud we reply back by letting them know d baby hasn't arrived OR shud wait towards end of d month? Cos my EDD is 28th Aug to Sept 7th,datz d tym frame given to me by my doctor. Moreover even if I give birth during dat time frame,d 30 days of which have started counting now wudnt b sufficient for us to provide all d docs needed...
I just need to know when is the right time to send them a mail Pls note as well that my hubby specifically quoted my due date to CIC with an explanation in his CSE and d best they wud have done is to send us this mail towards d end of d month. pls dnt get me wrong,I really appreciate d mail but wud have been better towards my EDD as quoted.

Kindly pour in ur suggestion o, e jo,biko,abeg o. na beg i dey beg o...

Woooow.... Wondering why you raised a CSE to add a dependant when he/she is yet to arrive. The medical examination already reflected that you are pregnant Cos i was asked for my due date during the proceedure. I'm waiting to put to bed before raising a CSE and if possible start the passport waka before I inform them.
I think you should simply reply the mail as soon as you can and re-quote your due date in block letters grin and explain in the mail that you only wanted to inform them of your intention to add a dependant on a future date. It's nothing to worry about...

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by XX01(f): 9:10pm On Aug 08, 2017
cochtrane:

This is a tricky one.
In the case your coy doesn't want to address "to whom it may concern", the general advice is to use the address in quote. I'd just go one on it and say you can modify to the below in order to remove any immigration suspicion. Ultimately, though, you owe it to your employer to know that you may be migrating. Don't you think?

Central Intake Office (CIO)
IRCC,
Sydney, Nova Scotia,
Canada.

Maybe someone else has a better idea.

Thanks. All I owe them is a month's notice. What I do after that is my business. Actually, it's for my husband. He won't be resigning until like a year later so don't want him to miss promotions and stuff just because they believe he is emigrating.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Blackbuddy: 9:12pm On Aug 08, 2017
Bolivia:
Hi folks,
I must admit that this forum has been rich and highly informative. Congratulations to all d PPR/COPR recipients, and holla to all d Pre & Post ITA recipients as we await the fulfilment of our dream of immigrating to Canada.
I am kinda in a dilemma and would not want to wait until I get to the crossroad before knowing what to do(considering the allotted time for submission of passport after PPR is just 15days and it takes CIC about 30days to respond to mails).
My spouse is in Canada on a study visa, and I the principal applicant is in Nigeria. Do we both have to send our passport to Accra or(I send to Ghana while she sends to Ottawa)?
Please I need the advise of elders in the house on what is ideal.
Thank you.

Hi, when you receive PPR you can send your passport to AVO and inform them that your spouse is in Canada and so, hers will be submitted there to Ottawa.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by mamatwiny(f): 9:20pm On Aug 08, 2017
cochtrane:
Okay, again. Summary of Page201-Page300. Actually not difficult for me to do. I hope these help someone!

Wonderful.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by careliz: 9:43pm On Aug 08, 2017
Remxyj:

Woooow.... Wondering why you raised a CSE to add a dependant when he/she is yet to arrive. The medical examination already reflected that you are pregnant Cos i was asked for my due date during the proceedure. I'm waiting to put to bed before raising a CSE and if possible start the passport waka before I inform them.
I think you should simply reply the mail as soon as you can and re-quote your due date in block letters grin and explain in the mail that you only wanted to inform them of your intention to add a dependant on a future date. It's nothing to worry about...

He only notified them b4 submitting his application in june in his letter of explanation, we havnt raised it yet,sorry for my choice of words
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Osemigho: 9:46pm On Aug 08, 2017
IQAS is not as prompt as before again.

My application had passed processing time. Called their number, waited 10mins to speak to an agent, and I was finally told my application has not been evaluated.

The agent was even telling me that, If I can't wait further, I can withdraw my application to get the application fee refunded minus courier fee.

I was like: does this one understand what it takes to get transcript sent abroad from Nigeria?

Just dropped the call.

Who recently got their certificate evaluated by IQAS? Pls share your timeline.

Good luck to fellow August 3 IELTS In Lagos center test takers. The listening section was a garri drinking one but God will help us. Amen.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by mamatwiny(f): 9:46pm On Aug 08, 2017
Please while using gift deed, must the fund be in your account two months before you apply?

Please reply.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by careliz: 9:46pm On Aug 08, 2017
MummyJaygirls:

Reply them say u never born yet, but as soon as u born all neccesary docs will be submitted. They will give concession. Do not fret

Thanks dear, u r a blessing.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Remxyj: 9:49pm On Aug 08, 2017
careliz:

He only notified them b4 submitting his application in june in his letter of explanation, we havnt raised it yet,sorry for my choice of words

So funny how they take note of every detail. I'm sure your application is going well that's why all dese things are been requested for. Just send them a mail and you will be fine. I just hope due dates no dey cause delay in Ppr o.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Algbenguze: 9:50pm On Aug 08, 2017
Virt:
@Canadafly, I must say your posts so far have been appalling.

As you have presented yourself so far, it appears you should not need help from these wonderful group of people, since CIC website has been as explicit as they can be. Like someone else has rightly pointed out, since I joined this thread I have not seen condescending comments such as yours.

For this group to continue as a family, that it has always been, you may just want to stop posting here and send your questions directly to CIC, I believer they will answer your numerous questions nicely.

Please lets revert to status quo - One Naija Family...Cheers

Oga/Madam, where u dey since? I think your comment is coming rather late as the whole issue has been dealt with and buried. Abeg make we no resurrect negative vibes o.
Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by careliz: 9:53pm On Aug 08, 2017
Remxyj:

So funny how they take note of every detail. I'm sure your application is going well that's why all dese things are been requested for. Just send them a mail and you will be fine. I just hope due dates no dey cause delay in Ppr o.
Abi o,pls do u have an email Addy one can reach them on?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Blingyrie: 9:58pm On Aug 08, 2017
[quote author=calfy post=59241860]

Thanks, but I'm curious to find out if there is anybody who has used the marriage certificate plus newspaper publication as legal document for change of name.[/quote
That's d acceptable docs n wat I used. Goodluck
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Blingyrie: 10:02pm On Aug 08, 2017
Ehrnie:
I recall someone asked about order of landing (she was going to land this week or so, before her family and wanted to know what was acceptable). I searched for the post so I can reply directly but couldn't find it again if you are the one, the information below is the order of landing as stated in the CoPR. All the best.

ORDER OF LANDING FOR FAMILIES/DELAYED ARRIVAL: There are two options for family landings. Whichever option you choose, it is important to remember that the principal applicant must always be the first landed.
Option A: The entire family (including the principal applicant) lands together. If you choose this option, all family members must land at the same time and at the same port of entry.
Option B: The principal applicant lands first alone. The dependants may then follow the principal applicant at a later date provided their COPR’s remain valid.
Tnx dear, I have just read it on d other link too. Jah bless bro

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Blingyrie: 10:15pm On Aug 08, 2017
40manlappy:
Received stamped passports and COPR today smiley

Congrats bro pls share ur submission timeline. Tnx
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 10:19pm On Aug 08, 2017
Osemigho:

My application had passed processing time. Called their number, waited 10mins to speak to an agent, and I was finally told my application has not been evaluated.

The agent was even telling me that, If I can't wait further, I can withdraw my application to get the application fee refunded minus courier fee.

I was like: does this one understand what it takes to get transcript sent abroad from Nigeria?

Just dropped the call.

Good luck to fellow August 3 IELTS In Lagos center test takers. The listening section was a garri drinking one but God will help us. Amen.
Garri-drinking? Was it that tough?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by MummyJaygirls: 10:24pm On Aug 08, 2017
careliz:

Abi o,pls do u have an email Addy one can reach them on?

This is their email -> CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca

Also raise a CSE

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by careliz: 10:30pm On Aug 08, 2017
MummyJaygirls:

This is their email -> CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca
Also raise a CSE
Thanks dear
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by viktagorion: 10:33pm On Aug 08, 2017
Patterns18:
Greetings Wonderful People, please I need contact details for Police clearance Certificate in Abuja. Anyone with viable information? Pleasee.
Go to the CIID Police Command in Area 10 close to the fire service station. Walk in and make enquiries. They will assist you.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by bbaby84(f): 10:34pm On Aug 08, 2017
Algbenguze:

Oga/Madam, where u dey since? I think your comment is coming rather late as the whole issue has been dealt with and buried. Abeg make we no resurrect negative vibes o.
Thanks

Oga na your own come first o! Wehdone sir.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 10:56pm On Aug 08, 2017
Osemigho:

Just dropped the call.

Payment for IQAS ECA: 14/05/2017
Scanned/Faxed Documents via Hellofax: 15/05/2017
First Acknowledgement: 26/05/2017
Transcript Delivered: 30/05/2017
Second Acknowledgement: 15/06/2017
Third Mail for Completion: 29/07/2017(Date of Completion was actually 11/07/2017 as found on the ECA)
Hard Copy Received:31/07/2017

***IQAS now takes about 6weeks after all documents are received and no longer 30 Business Days*** as updated on their website, excerpt found below

"Status of your IQAS assessment and processing time
Applications take about 6 weeks to process after everything is received. This does not include mail delivery time."

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by MRSDA: 10:59pm On Aug 08, 2017
toyogirl:
Lol...you may invite him to read some of the posts here from successful applicants, if that would do the trick; else, if you're like me, since I know 99% of the requirements and how to go about it (thanks to this wonderful thread), I'll just let him know my JD as the Canadian EE techy guru cheesy and let him just provide money for the process when he need arises grin grin

Hahaha...of course he's gonna listen to me. So far, i've driven the process. His own is to provide the necessary documents and cash wink
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Horticulturist: 10:59pm On Aug 08, 2017
Dear All, I have been an ardent follower of this thread. Thank you so much for your contributions thus far.

I do have some enquiries with respect to claiming points. My husband ran his Msc program (full time) in Ghana. The program was structured to accommodate the working class such dt lectures ran from 5pm -9pm daily i.e Mondays thru Fridays.

He was also able to secure a job and work full time (between the hours of 8am to 5pm) for 1year on attachment from his school.

He was also able to obtain a reference letter from his employer during this period.

My question is, can he claim full time points for the 1year experience he acquired whilst pursuing his Msc.

Please note..I have done some independebt research and also ruminated over this issue...but at this point, I seem to be stuck.

Kindly advise. Thank you very much...
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 11:20pm On Aug 08, 2017
Congrats to all the ITA,PPR and COPR recipents
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 11:23pm On Aug 08, 2017
UPDATE!!!!

Just got a mail from IQAS, certificate evaluation is complete, a soft copy will be mailed to me in the next few days. Thanks to MummyJaygirls 40manlappy, elfmann and others.

It seems the 30 business days is from when you receive an acknowledgment from them and not necessarily when your certificates and transcripts got there.

I faxed my documents sometime late May and my transcripts got delivered on the 9th of June (as per tracking). I only received an acknowledgment on the 27th of June, counting 30 business days from then falls perfectly to today despite them requesting for another scanned certificate.

So for those waiting for ECA, hang in there and don't panic, till of course the 30 business days are over. IELTS next!! Slowly but surely

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Saintp(m): 11:43pm On Aug 08, 2017
please guys,
Can I tell someone in Canada to pay for my WES or IQAS evaluation with thier own funds? Is it possible? If yes, will I have to register and give them my log in details to make the payments?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by cochtrane(m): 12:20am On Aug 09, 2017
Horticulturist:
Dear All, I have been an ardent follower of this thread. Thank you so much for your contributions thus far.

I do have some enquiries with respect to claiming points. My husband ran his Msc program (full time) in Ghana. The program was structured to accommodate the working class such dt lectures ran from 5pm -9pm daily i.e Mondays thru Fridays.

He was also able to secure a job and work full time (between the hours of 8am to 5pm) for 1year on attachment from his school.

He was also able to obtain a reference letter from his employer during this period.

My question is, can he claim full time points for the 1year experience he acquired whilst pursuing his Msc.

Please note..I have done some independebt research and also ruminated over this issue...but at this point, I seem to be stuck.

Kindly advise. Thank you very much...
Evidently, one of those tasks has to be part-time, irrespective of how it's described. And to me, it looks like it's the MSc that was part-time. But if this has been evaluated as equivalent to a Canadian masters, then I'd believe it's okay.

On their website, in order to claim full time work experience he'd need to work at least 30 hours a week. So definitely, I think you can claim full time work experience. In this case it's about 45 hours a week for 1 year, so that sounds good. He just needs to ensure the reference letter describes in detail what's required by CIC.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-who.asp

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by cochtrane(m): 12:28am On Aug 09, 2017
Saintp:
please guys,
Can I tell someone in Canada to pay for my WES or IQAS evaluation with thier own funds? Is it possible? If yes, will I have to register and give them my log in details to make the payments?
Yes you can have someone in Canada pay. I have seen numerous cases on this thread where this was done. Apparently, if it's someone you trust you sure can give him your login details.

https://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/216#51371178
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by DereI(f): 12:37am On Aug 09, 2017
cochtrane:
Okay, again. Summary of Page201-Page300. Actually not difficult for me to do. I hope these help someone!

You are a blessing. Great work
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by DereI(f): 12:40am On Aug 09, 2017
Aig84:
UPDATE!!!!

Just got a mail from IQAS, certificate evaluation is complete, a soft copy will be mailed to me in the next few days. Thanks to MummyJaygirls 40manlappy, elfmann and others.

It seems the 30 business days is from when you receive an acknowledgment from them and not necessarily when your certificates and transcripts got there.

I faxed my documents sometime late May and my transcripts got delivered on the 9th of June (as per tracking). I only received an acknowledgment on the 27th of June, counting 30 business days from then falls perfectly to today despite them requesting for another scanned certificate.

So for those waiting for ECA, hang in there and don't panic, till of course the 30 business days are over. IELTS next!! Slowly but surely

What number did you fax your documents to? Please post here or pm me.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by DereI(f): 12:41am On Aug 09, 2017
Remxyj:

Please I will be needing your help on that too.

Sure no troubles...

(1) (2) (3) ... (748) (749) (750) (751) (752) (753) (754) ... (821)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.