Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,968 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:45 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (753) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2609007 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (750) (751) (752) (753) (754) (755) (756) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 8:32am On Aug 09, 2017
From my point of view, there is a difference between 30 business/working days and "about" 6 weeks, emphasis on ABOUT which should be taken into consideration when reading the whole and not just a part of the statement.
The word "about" changes everything....if na reading test for IELTS I sure say the word go play a deciding factor to help choose the correct answer

Like I said...its my opinion...who nor gree make im waka pass tongue grin

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by XX01(f): 8:42am On Aug 09, 2017
ItsYourFriend:
Good day good people in the house, permit me to ask these questions: can I commence the application process before forwarding transcript for verification, and paying for English language test?

Evaluate your degree, register for English test. Once you have both results, then you can commence the registration process.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Feygbe: 9:18am On Aug 09, 2017
Both studio 24 and photo craft are not getting this digital photo specifications. I don't understand this back and forth again!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 9:24am On Aug 09, 2017
Thanks to everyone for the congratulatory messages and good wishes. May our positive dreams come true! smiley

12 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 9:25am On Aug 09, 2017
cochtrane:

Hello Cochtrane,

The point he is trying to make is that one should be careful (Osemigho used the clause "except the person that will help you pay is your direct family or friend, don't pay anyone to pay it for you"). Most times, the so called "friends" do use stolen credit cards and co. Someone (@DatechMan) had the same issue here sometimes ago.

https://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/579#57901195

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 9:27am On Aug 09, 2017
Charmingdivah:
From my point of view, there is a difference between 30 business/working days and "about" 6 weeks, emphasis on ABOUT which should be taken into consideration when reading the whole and not just a part of the statement.
The word "about" changes everything....if na reading test for IELTS I sure say the word go play a deciding factor to help choose the correct answer

Lol grin grin grin

See what IELTS/EE yaf caused ooo grin grin grin

Good news for us all!

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 9:28am On Aug 09, 2017
ITABABE:
congratulations . Pls how long was it between submission and receipt

PP Sent to AVO: July 18
Delivered to AVO: July 20
Approved Status: Aug 2
Pickup Mail: Aug 3
Passport Rec'd: Aug 7

14 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 9:30am On Aug 09, 2017
40manlappy:

PP Sent to AVO July 18
Delivered to AVO July 20
Approved Status Aug 2
Pickup Mail Aug 3
Passport Rec'd Aug 7

Congrats bro!

Let me quote for future reference wink cool

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 4Barr: 9:32am On Aug 09, 2017
eboziem:

Payment for IQAS ECA: 14/05/2017
Scanned/Faxed Documents via Hellofax: 15/05/2017
First Acknowledgement: 26/05/2017
Transcript Delivered: 30/05/2017
Second Acknowledgement: 15/06/2017
Third Mail for Completion: 29/07/2017(Date of Completion was actually 11/07/2017 as found on the ECA)
Hard Copy Received:31/07/2017

***IQAS now takes about 6weeks after all documents are received and no longer 30 Business Days*** as updated on their website, excerpt found below

"Status of your IQAS assessment and processing time
Applications take about 6 weeks to process after everything is received. This does not include mail delivery time."

BUt 6weeks is the same thing as 30business days yeah?

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 9:33am On Aug 09, 2017
GlitteringStar:

Congrats bro!

Let me quote for future reference wink cool

cheesy grin

Thanks Ma'am wink cool

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by sunvick(m): 9:35am On Aug 09, 2017
Pls to the married ladies in the house. I need help with little clarification.

Is it true that you cannot use a passport in your maiden name (before marriage) to travel out of Nigeria , while your baby bears your husbands name
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by cochtrane(m): 9:37am On Aug 09, 2017
GlitteringStar:

Hello cochtrane,

The point he is trying make is that one should be careful (Osemigho used the clause "except the person that will help you pay is your direct family or friend, don't pay anyone to pay it for you"). Most times, the so called 'friends' do use stolen credit cards and co. Someone (@DatechMan) had the same issue here sometimes ago.

https://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/579#57901195

Okay, I understand. Thanks.
I think it's important the person paying is trustworthy. Doesn't matter if she is family or friend or distant relation.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by JKJ6: 9:39am On Aug 09, 2017
careliz:

Guys this is d mail we received from CIC today! Shud we reply back by letting them know d baby hasn't arrived OR shud wait towards end of d month? Cos my EDD is 28th Aug to Sept 7th,datz d tym frame given to me by my doctor. Moreover even if I give birth during dat time frame,d 30 days of which have started counting now wudnt b sufficient for us to provide all d docs needed...
I just need to know when is the right time to send them a mail Pls note as well that my hubby specifically quoted my due date to CIC with an explanation in his CSE and d best they wud have done is to send us this mail towards d end of d month. pls dnt get me wrong,I really appreciate d mail but wud have been better towards my EDD as quoted.

Kindly pour in ur suggestion o, e jo,biko,abeg o. na beg i dey beg o...

Hello, i think you should send CIC a mail to inform them of the situation of things. Let them know you will update your application as soon as your baby is born.

Meanwhile, we are in a similar situation as you. Baby arrived after we submitted our application, we raised CSE over one month ago to inform CIC of our baby's arrival but yet to receive any request from CIC to update our application. Although, our application was only transferred to LVO about two weeks ago since mid April that we submitted. The letter sent to you has given us a cue of the documents we are required to submit when adding additional dependent.

Please, i would like to find out few things from you. When did your hubby raised the CSE he raised? Did CIC create a placeholder in your application account to add the documents they requested for?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by chybaz: 9:40am On Aug 09, 2017
eboziem:

Payment for IQAS ECA: 14/05/2017
Scanned/Faxed Documents via Hellofax: 15/05/2017
First Acknowledgement: 26/05/2017
Transcript Delivered: 30/05/2017
Second Acknowledgement: 15/06/2017
Third Mail for Completion: 29/07/2017(Date of Completion was actually 11/07/2017 as found on the ECA)
Hard Copy Received:31/07/2017

***IQAS now takes about 6weeks after all documents are received and no longer 30 Business Days*** as updated on their website, excerpt found below

"Status of your IQAS assessment and processing time
Applications take about 6 weeks to process after everything is received. This does not include mail delivery time."

Hi..
Good morning to you.
Can you kindly direct me.
I have a transcript that is addressed elsewhere not to IQAS or WES. Should I use tear it open and scan it.
And can I omit transcript and only scan and send my degree result only.
I only know that transcripts is sealed and sent via mail to a particular address by my almamata.(as I have always done before now)

Pls help with clarification. I don't seem to understand this.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Dammiehar(f): 9:40am On Aug 09, 2017
sunvick:

Is it true that you cannot use a passport in your maiden name (before marriage) to travel out of Nigeria , while your baby bears your husbands name

Done it lots of times, never had a problem. Not true, I even renewed the passport in the same name, your name, your choice.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 4Barr: 9:41am On Aug 09, 2017
Saintp:
please guys,
Can I tell someone in Canada to pay for my WES or IQAS evaluation with thier own funds? Is it possible? If yes, will I have to register and give them my log in details to make the payments?

Yes it is possible, just send them the website payment page link and make sure you don't close the page on your pc. Refresh when they are done with the payment. That's exactly what i did. however please note that GT has extended their forex limit to 1000 dollars now, you should be able to pay with a GtB mastercard too

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 9:41am On Aug 09, 2017
cochtrane:

Okay, I understand. Thanks.
I think it's important the person paying is trustworthy. Doesn't matter if she is family or friend or distant relation.

Exactly! That is the point Osemigho is trying to make.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by cochtrane(m): 9:48am On Aug 09, 2017
chybaz:

Hi..
Good morning to you.
I have a transcript that is addressed elsewhere not to IQAS or WES. Should I use tear it open and scan it.
I only know that transcripts is sealed and sent via mail to a particular address by my almamata.(as I have always done before now)

I send only my degree result to WES, photocopy. While my school sent the transcript.
Read the FAQ on their site to get more info.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by cochtrane(m): 9:50am On Aug 09, 2017
XX01:

Thanks a lot. Please, I need more opinions on this.
An alternative is to have a supervisor write the letter to IRCC. If your husband is on good terms with his supervisor, I'm sure he can expect him to hold their conversation in confidence.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 10:02am On Aug 09, 2017
chybaz:

Hi..
Good morning to you.

For the assessment, your school is required to send the transcript, while you send other documents (like copy of statement of result/degree you are evaluating, copy of valid identification and of course the application form) using either courier or fax.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Seer247: 10:03am On Aug 09, 2017
Truth be told, I think its not that easy to get a CRS of between 420 and above unless with Msc. I tried calculating my point using the criteria with my Bsc and over 3yrs experience having assumed IELTS of CLB9 am still having about 430. Age 33 and single applicant or am I leaving something out. Pls any contrary opinion.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by closetextrovert: 10:07am On Aug 09, 2017
Dammiehar:

Done it lots of times, never had a problem. Not true, I even renewed the passport in the same name, your name, your choice.

Did you travel alone with your child or was your husband present too.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 10:09am On Aug 09, 2017
Osemigho:

Practiced Cambridge ielts 1-12 with only few missing and I can say it is incomparable to what I practiced or envisioned. I was actually lost at the beginning and before I could think through I realize question 3 was discussed. No call for inquiry about something. It had more those similar and highly paraphrased objective questions.

I'm praying for the best.
Oh Yea..a pal answered these with lots of A, B and C etc. Which band do you want from Listening?

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Canadianfly: 10:13am On Aug 09, 2017
Seer247:
Truth be told, I think its not that easy to get a CRS of between 420 and above unless with Msc. I tried calculating my point using the criteria with my Bsc and over 3yrs experience having assumed IELTS of CLB9 am still having about 430. Age 33 and single applicant or am I leaving something out. Pls any contrary opinion.

Some people get above that with OND sef. I think maybe you're losing points for age.

Look at the breakdown of the points calculated on the tool. It should tell you what you're scored for. Nevertheless, cut off marks have come as low as 413 in previous draws, so there's no saying you won't get ITA. Just hold faith.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Dammiehar(f): 10:13am On Aug 09, 2017
closetextrovert:

Did you travel alone with your child or was your husband present too.

Alone with two kids most times.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by cochtrane(m): 10:13am On Aug 09, 2017
Seer247:
Even with a score of 420, there's still a chance. The recent trend has seen decreasing cut-offs. The whole of April-May saw some sub 420. So, I wouldn't hesitate putting myself in that pool even with a 420.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 10:14am On Aug 09, 2017
You are obviously losing about 20 points cos of age. With BSc, good IELTS score, 3 year work experience and less than 30 year old, you can get 441.

Seer247:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by depair: 10:16am On Aug 09, 2017
XX01:

Evaluate your degree, register for English test. Once you have both results, then you can commence the registration process.

please what is the difference in using IQAS and WES
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 10:23am On Aug 09, 2017
I have travelled with my son alone out of Nigeria at least twice and there was no issue with using passport that has my maiden name. In fact, I still travelled to and from Nigeria with him (without husby) in May and no question was asked.
sunvick:

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Osemigho: 10:23am On Aug 09, 2017
elfmann:

Oh Yea..a pal answered these with lots of A, B and C etc. Which band do you want from Listening?

I fear that list of yours but need to know more. Nothing less than 8.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by walexlo78: 10:24am On Aug 09, 2017
Hi, something I think about this subject is if one can hold 3 citizenship I.e Nigerian, Canadian and American. If one has to drop one by law am thinking one may want to choose US cos Canadian citizenship may already give same opportunities as American. One may still like to keep the nigerian citizenship maybe just to maintain the root. With this view, it may be better to submit the Nigerian passport as I don't know the implication of withdrawing the citizenship with which the PR was granted. Your views house.

yokus:
I believe either the USA passport or the Nigerian Passport can be submitted. I intend to submit the USA Passports because the kids will probably use that more for travelling that doesn't include Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 10:28am On Aug 09, 2017
Osemigho:

I fear that list of yours but need to know more. Nothing less than 8.
That's d hope. Pm!

(1) (2) (3) ... (750) (751) (752) (753) (754) (755) (756) ... (821)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.