Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,110 members, 7,818,312 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:26 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (756) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2606188 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (753) (754) (755) (756) (757) (758) (759) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 1:16pm On Aug 09, 2017
toslad:
Make I quick congratulate you too bro. So super happy for you. Now, you are making me have a rethink. Sure you know what I mean. congrats again bro.

Thank you. Sure, I know what you mean wink

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by XX01(f): 1:17pm On Aug 09, 2017
depair:

please what is the difference in using IQAS and WES

They are different evaluating bodies. People use whichever one suits them. IQAS is cheaper, they don't send back for verification once they receive transcript so this makes them preferable for universities that you find hard to get information from. They used to be faster but are now seriously overwhelmed. They are also better for lawyers.

WES is now faster. It's better for foreign degrees and those with HND/OND i think. They collect transcript and still send back for verification so it makes the process longer and harder for some. They are also more expensive.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 1:18pm On Aug 09, 2017
ugoiyke79e:

Congrats 40man.....you are racing through every step mehhnnn!!

My sister, all glory be to God Almighty. Have you collected yours?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ugoiyke79e: 1:19pm On Aug 09, 2017
Virt:
When is the deadline? Some of us hope to get AOR before November and would mostly like to join the session.

Well...deadline.....we need to gather up enough( at least 15) participants so that a session can be scheduled here in PH in first week of november.
The earlier that number of people showed interest, the better...especially because of the organizers logistics.
pls register on d link provided even with your ITA or AOR and then pm me
Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ugoiyke79e: 1:24pm On Aug 09, 2017
40manlappy:

My sister, all glory be to God Almighty. Have you collected yours?

Not yet approved sef.....
but i am hopeful that it will come soonest.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 1:40pm On Aug 09, 2017
ugoiyke79e:

Not yet approved sef.....
but i am hopeful that it will come soonest.

Yes, you will get it soonest. It is already a done deal! smiley

Like I mentioned earlier, mine was stamped days before it was updated on myCIC account. Cheers

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 1:56pm On Aug 09, 2017
ugoiyke79e:

eerrrmmmmm grin he will soon race to land and we shall all congratulate him once again before his next achievement! cool tongue tongue
OK.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by careliz: 2:15pm On Aug 09, 2017
JKJ6:

Hello, i think you should send CIC a mail to inform them of the situation of things. Let them know you will update your application as soon as your baby is born.

Meanwhile, we are in a similar situation as you. Baby arrived after we submitted our application, we raised CSE over one month ago to inform CIC of our baby's arrival but yet to receive any request from CIC to update our application. Although, our application was only transferred to LVO about two weeks ago since mid April that we submitted. The letter sent to you has given us a cue of the documents we are required to submit when adding additional dependent.

Please, i would like to find out few things from you. When did your hubby raised the CSE he raised? Did CIC create a placeholder in your application account to add the documents they requested for?

Actually he stated it in his letter of explanation b4 he submitted his application in july,he hasn't raised any CSE, It was a mix up,but nw I think d best option is to raise a CSE attaching his letter of explanation+ mail sent to him and explaining further that we r yet to have our baby,THEN also sending a mail to CIC with same info

I have to check if d place holder to submit it is there but its always there cos this is like d 3rd ADR he's gotten.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 2:23pm On Aug 09, 2017
careliz:

Actually he stated it in his letter of explanation b4 he submitted his application in july,he hasn't raised any CSE, It was a mix up,but nw I think d best option is to raise a CSE attaching his letter of explanation+ mail sent to him and explaining further that we r yet to have our baby,THEN also sending a mail to CIC with same info

I have to check if d place holder to submit it is there but its always there cos this is like d 3rd ADR he's gotten.
I thought pple said u shld hold on with raising CSE until after delivery.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Afamdi12: 2:23pm On Aug 09, 2017
ugoiyke79e:
Hello House, inviting all interested persons living in and around PH. This is a drive to gather up at least 15 participants to pull a session here.
registration criteria is AOR/MEDICALS/PPR....
Kindly register on www.planningforcanada.ca and when u receive acknowledgement, pls reply d mail with your desire for a session in PH....

PM me if interested pls.
Hello, I don't know if I have PMed you correctly. I am in Ph and interested, AOR June 14th PNP. Please send me a mail if you can and throw more light on the session, not conversant with nairaland. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by iambube: 2:24pm On Aug 09, 2017
Congratulations once again. I asked earlier if ur gckey was approved before u recieved the pick up mail. I got my passports and copr for myself and two dependents on monday. I noticed one was the passports was not stamped but the COPR was included in the package. So i called accra to complain and what i was told got me really pissed. So i called cic canada and they called accra while i was put on hold. The nice lady told me she was very sorry and shocked because there was nothing wrong with my application from their end and my application has been approved since i got the PPR mail. Accra then mailed me and told me to return the unstamped passport,copr and the mail they sent. I have to spend another 46k for their error in accra. No apologies from accra for their incompetence. I hope no one has to experience this and maybe PR visa's would be done in Nigeria later in the future. Accra visa office behave as if Canada is a part of Ghana when u call or message them.
40manlappy:

Yes, you will get it soonest. It is already a done deal! smiley

Like I mentioned earlier, mine was stamped days before it was updated on myCIC account. Cheers

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by depair: 2:28pm On Aug 09, 2017
XX01:

They are different evaluating bodies. People use whichever one suits them. IQAS is cheaper, they don't send back for verification once they receive transcript so this makes them preferable for universities that you find hard to get information from. They used to be faster but are now seriously overwhelmed. They are also better for lawyers.

WES is now faster. It's better for foreign degrees and those with HND/OND i think. They collect transcript and still send back for verification so it makes the process longer and harder for some. They are also more expensive.

so which is preferable for One with Bsc Geology and Masters in GIS
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 2:30pm On Aug 09, 2017
depair:

Chai.

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by MRSDA: 2:32pm On Aug 09, 2017
dupyshoo:
I understand you very well but I still believe we have a role to play as parents in teaching our kids good Nigeria culture.

Let me cite an example, I met a 6 year old girl in a party last week. She had never been to Naija before but she was speaking Igbo fluently and she was so proud of it. I felt so ashamed of myself cos my son cannot speak Yoruba at all.
We are so quick at embracing western culture and we forget our own culture. We all want our kids to speak English with their accents. We make fun of people with Nigerian accent, whereas, English people have numerous funny accents themselves. You need to hear the terrible English ("You was" for example) a lot of them speak here despite the fact that that is all what they know how to speak.

There are loads of examples that I can give but I don't want to derail this thread. So let's stick to discussions on how to get Canada PPR. grin

Sorry to butt in. I hear you on this @dupyshoo. Even in lagos, a lot of children cannot speak their language or even understand. My children understand yoruba, my next goal is to get them to speak fluently. I intend to make them understand that they have roots and somehow, hopefully, will teach them Nigerian ways. So back to PPR issue

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by depair: 2:32pm On Aug 09, 2017
elfmann:
Chai.
elfmann:
Chai.
elfmann:
Chai.
why chai is there something am missing
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by XX01(f): 2:33pm On Aug 09, 2017
depair:

I prefer WES but it also depends on your school. Is your school quick to respond? Do they have a way to respond to the verification request?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 2:33pm On Aug 09, 2017
iambube:
Congratulations once again. I asked earlier if ur gckey was approved before u recieved the pick up mail. I got my passports and copr for myself and two dependents on monday. I noticed one was the passports was not stamped but the COPR was included in the package. So i called accra to complain and what i was told got me really pissed. So i called cic canada and they called accra while i was put on hold. The nice lady told me she was very sorry and shocked because there was nothing wrong with my application from their end and my application has been approved since i got the PPR mail. Accra then mailed me and told me to return the unstamped passport,copr and the mail they sent. I have to spend another 46k for their error in accra. No apologies from accra for their incompetence. I hope no one has to experience this and maybe PR visa's would be done in Nigeria later in the future. Accra visa office behave as if Canada is a part of Ghana when u call or message them.
Are they not Canadians? They messed up big time..everyone should check for visa labels when passports come home oh. Na wa.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 2:36pm On Aug 09, 2017
depair:
[color=#006600][/color]

why chai is there something am missing
Or rather what did u read? In addition, I learnt WES favors geologists in terms of registration or/and licensing.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by einsteino(m): 2:41pm On Aug 09, 2017
XX01:

iqas cheaper? pls how much is it? WES is 233.91Cad
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Liz2014(f): 2:45pm On Aug 09, 2017
humblemoi:

Thank you so much for your answer, it sure helps! Congrats on your medicals please post on here when you get your PR Visa.

To answer your questions @Liz2014

1) Paper based applications for Permanent Residence do not require you to submit "work reference letters" and "Proof of funds". These are usually covered by the Nomination certificate of the Province. Should they require knowledge about this, your application submitted at the Province would be the reference, except otherwise they ask for updated letters or proof of funds, however, this is rarely the case. Your brother does not need to add any document beyond what is on the checklist.

2) Timeline according to IRCC website is strictly 16 months compared to express entry of 6 months. However, I have come across people's timeline who has been within 4 - 6 months. It majorly depends on the visa office. I am in the process but at the stage where I await the PPR. Medical passed June 5.

I hope this helps!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by iambube: 2:50pm On Aug 09, 2017
I couldnt agree more. The person i spoke to in accra sounded like an african tho. We should all check for errors on the COPR and VISA. Name,date of birth,passport no, kind of immigrant(SW1 for skilled worker is guess) and other important information.
elfmann:

Are they not Canadians? They messed up big time..everyone should check for visa labels when passports come home oh. Na wa.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by einsteino(m): 3:02pm On Aug 09, 2017
dupyshoo:
I understand you very well but I still believe we have a role to play as parents in teaching our kids good Nigeria culture.

Let me cite an example, I met a 6 year old girl in a party last week. She had never been to Naija before but she was speaking Igbo fluently and she was so proud of it. I felt so ashamed of myself cos my son cannot speak Yoruba at all.
We are so quick at embracing western culture and we forget our own culture. We all want our kids to speak English with their accents. We make fun of people with Nigerian accent, whereas, English people have numerous funny accents themselves. You need to hear the terrible English ("You was" for example) a lot of them speak here despite the fact that that is all what they know how to speak.

There are loads of examples that I can give but I don't want to derail this thread. So let's stick to discussions on how to get Canada PPR. grin

very well said. i know of someone in the US, who made it a principle to send all her kids back to naija for their senior secondary education because of this, they also spend first year of their tertiary education here before returning to the US. if you get to meet them, they are naija through and through despite being born and raised in the US. she says they would always be nigerians first, it all starts with the parents. if kids dont have the nigerian experience, no friends of their own here, there would be a disconnect with the culture and no cause to come here when their parents are gone. For instance, when you visit the village and you have no friends, your cousins are away, it feels like a strange land. but in december when everyone returns for christmas, there is no other place i would rather be.

With respect to the language deficiency here in naija, alot of kporakpo are springing up to the challenge, for instance Abuja branch of Onu ika organised summer ika language classes for kids this year, the Benin traditional council also organised free Bini classes for kids too.. They not only teach language but history, native folklore and songs, it is fun. I myself, am thinking of meeting this need by building a dedicated portal that connects parents with teachers of their native tongue for home classes. for me, the pursuit of pr is an economic one, not a change of identity or roots.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Noviolence: 3:11pm On Aug 09, 2017
Same here.(NA2 since 25th July).
Will update soonest!
MrsBee:

NA2 since 26th. Fingers crossed. Keep us posted please.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Gereal: 3:16pm On Aug 09, 2017
Virt:
When is the deadline? Some of us hope to get AOR before November and would mostly like to join the session.

If you have ITA go ahead and register.I used that to register for Abuja session.hopefully u should have AOR or COPR before the session.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by TheWatcher212: 3:17pm On Aug 09, 2017
folamingo:
Go with your ruler if possible and measure the thing when they print them out. If it does not meet the specifications, tell them to reprint it until you are satisfied. You are paying for a service and they must meet your satisfaction.

Anyone wanting to take PPR passport photographs can use BH Stripes at 56 Bode Thomas Street, Surulere, Lagos. They are very professional and know the drill. Thank me later.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by yetunde84: 3:19pm On Aug 09, 2017
Med pass should start flowing today
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 3:20pm On Aug 09, 2017
Today's draw::::433

Congratulations to all the new ITA recipients (Dammiehar, XX01,yimiton et al smiley)

@yimiton, hope you have not yet paid for the IELTS exam you registered for? wink

Foreign nationals who, on August 9, 2017, at 12:15:03 UTC, have been assigned a total of 433 points or more under the Comprehensive Ranking System that is set out in the Ministerial Instructions Respecting the Express Entry System, as published in the Canada Gazette, Part I, on December 1, 2014, and as amended from time to time, occupy the rank required to be invited to make an application for permanent residence.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/express-entry/rounds.asp

13 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by fafizle: 3:30pm On Aug 09, 2017
Hi Family ,

I have been following the thread here for weeks now and i think i should ask some few questions can anyone share tips on how to score 8777 in IELTS , links , materials , advice would be appreciated my last score was 6.5,6.6,7.5.7.5.

Needs tips and advice

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by XX01(f): 3:47pm On Aug 09, 2017
GlitteringStar:
Today's draw::::433

Congratulations to all the new ITA recipients (Dammiehar, XX01,yimiton et al smiley)

@yimiton, hope you have not yet paid for the IELTS exams you registered for? wink

Foreign nationals who, on August 9, 2017, at 12:15:03 UTC, have been assigned a total of 433 points or more under the Comprehensive Ranking System that is set out in the Ministerial Instructions Respecting the Express Entry System, as published in the Canada Gazette, Part I, on December 1, 2014, and as amended from time to time, occupy the rank required to be invited to make an application for permanent residence.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/express-entry/rounds.asp

shocked shocked shocked
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Osemigho: 3:48pm On Aug 09, 2017
GlitteringStar:

Hello cochtrane,

The point he is trying make is that one should be careful (Osemigho used the clause "except the person that will help you pay is your direct family or friend, don't pay anyone to pay it for you"). Most times, the so called 'friends' do use stolen credit cards and co. Someone (@DatechMan) had the same issue here sometimes ago.

https://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/579#57901195

Thank you. Let he that have eyes read clearly.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ugoiyke79e: 3:50pm On Aug 09, 2017
Afamdi12:
Hello, I don't know if I have PMed you correctly. I am in Ph and interested, AOR June 14th PNP. Please send me a mail if you can and throw more light on the session, not conversant with nairaland. Thanks

I have replied your pm with a "hello" but i will go further by sending u details.
check your inbox messages....open d msg u sent me and then type away.
cheers

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by sexymj(f): 3:52pm On Aug 09, 2017
good day,please i have a question.

Following this result you posted, i checked my profile but i have not been invited. my crs is 450 and i submitted my application last night.

Do you think i will get an invite?

XX01:

shocked shocked shocked

(1) (2) (3) ... (753) (754) (755) (756) (757) (758) (759) ... (821)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.