Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,003 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:25 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (82) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2605889 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by cuteannie02: 10:39pm On Mar 15, 2016
MJBA:
Hello house, got confirmation mail that my ECA is completed, can I go ahead with Express entry profile creation even though i dnt have the hard copies yet frm WES.... Thnx for ur response
congrats, yes you can go ahead and create your profile so far ur ielts result is handy, u ll need ur ielts trf/result number as well as Wes reference number. You don't need to upload anything yet, if I may ask, with the current cbn policy, ao wia u able to pay for Wes?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by mozo: 7:53am On Mar 16, 2016
One minute a new thread has been created now it's already up to page 81 grin great job guys
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by mozo: 7:55am On Mar 16, 2016
MJBA:
Hello house, got confirmation mail that my ECA is completed, can I go ahead with Express entry profile creation even though i dnt have the hard copies yet frm WES.... Thnx for ur response

There's a reference number on the report that you're gonna need so you will be unable to complete the EE app without it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by mozo: 8:07am On Mar 16, 2016
hartson:

Well said brother man.I never wanted us to derail this thread with another matter.however,the discussion is still about migration.have you paid the $530 application fee after applying?their's is quite different from canada.you pay the application fee before you submit the application then enter the pool.it seems employers contact the immigration authorities for qualified applicants then send them job offers to boast their point.

Yeah well but that's also what the Canadian immigration process was supposed to be like right?

You register for job bank then you are supposed to get offers from employers looking for an applicant like you.
But how many people can boast that they have been contacted by any employer via job bank (except maybe you are in engineering)

Truth is, Na to enter am knowing you've got nothing to lose and keep applying for jobs online while hoping you get selected.

But bro with your score I would have paid and waited for the a likely selection especially with your ghen ghen score
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by mozo: 8:20am On Mar 16, 2016
Elixir123:
On the previous post I read that I need to provide evidence for the work experience I am claiming point for. I want to ask would it not create panic on my employer that I am leaving them. And can't appointment letter do and my payslip? please reply urgently

Try and Pali with someone in your hr department and see if they can get you a customised 'To whom it may concern' letter (as Jesusdway said) stating what your job title, detailed job responsibilities, no of hours per week, full time/part time, salary details like dupyshoo stated.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by MJBA: 12:18pm On Mar 16, 2016
dupyshoo:
Yes you can. Use the reference letter on the e-copy of your ECA to enter the pool.

THNX, much appreciation

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by MJBA: 12:22pm On Mar 16, 2016
dupyshoo:
Yes you can. Use the reference letter on the e-copy of your ECA to enter the pool.

Thnx, much appreciation
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by MJBA: 12:25pm On Mar 16, 2016
cuteannie02:

congrats, yes you can go ahead and create your profile so far ur ielts result is handy, u ll need ur ielts trf/result number as well as Wes reference number. You don't need to upload anything yet, if I may ask, with the current cbn policy, ao wia u able to pay for Wes?
Thnx for ur response, made payment to WES dec2015....so sowie cn't say abt dt.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 1:11pm On Mar 16, 2016
Good day my people,

Ewoooo...never knew we plenty for dis journey to Canada o. I pray we will al sail thru wiv success iJn.

first of all introduction...

I am Mrs Opeyemi a Christian, married wiv kids. My husband (early 40s)-A chemical engineer (d principal applicant) has been in express entry pool since last year with crs of 278. so no possibility of getting ITA soon. most of our family members are in Calgary. but my sister advised we get a sponsor to nominate us for Manitoba provincial nominee. that d certificate if successful ll boost our points. having searched thru most of d provinces, we discovered my husband is most qualified for Manitoba and Saskatchewan. But d challenge is dat we ll need a friend/family in Manitoba with PR visa to nominate us. Pls does any one know how to go about it. if one could get a paid sponsor in Manitoba to nominate us. Thanks and God bless!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by hartson(m): 2:21pm On Mar 16, 2016
morgan2006:
Hello everyone, Please who knows where the venue of the speaking is usually done in PH? I will be travelling there and need to plan my logistics. Exam is for April 02. Thank you

Entrepreneurial Training Centre,

41 Tombia Street,

Opposite Le – Méridien Hotel,

GRA Phase II, Port Harcourt.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by hartson(m): 2:31pm On Mar 16, 2016
mozo:

Yeah well but that's also what the Canadian immigration process was supposed to be like right?

You register for job bank then you are supposed to get offers from employers looking for an applicant like you.
But how many people can boast that they have been contacted by any employer via job bank (except maybe you are in engineering)

Truth is, Na to enter am knowing you've got nothing to lose and keep applying for jobs online while hoping you get selected.

But bro with your score I would have paid and waited for the a likely selection especially with your ghen ghen score

I was making reference to NZ skilled Category not EE.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by kelvyn29(m): 3:13pm On Mar 16, 2016
Hello All,

Please Im in need of an urgent response to my enquiry.

Are students with valid study permits in Canada Eligible for getting PR through express entry before the completion of their degree ?

My situation is this:
I'm applying for the study permit. Coincidentally, I am also in the process of gaining another degree which would boost my Express entry points in the pool. (Just for WES to evaluate and i would have more points...Just enough to get an ITA)

Now, once I have the study permit and Im in Canada, can i apply for Permanent Residence if my EE points are enough to get an invitation to apply ?

Thanks,
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by cuteannie02: 4:10pm On Mar 16, 2016
mozo:

There's a reference number on the report that you're gonna need so you will be unable to complete the EE app without it

The reference number has been issued the moment yo. Paid for Wes, it won't change
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by morgan2006(m): 4:38pm On Mar 16, 2016
Thanks so much @Hartson

hartson:

41 Tombia Street,

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by iphie25(f): 4:43pm On Mar 16, 2016
morgan2006:
Thanks so much @Hartson
hartson:

41 Tombia Street,

@Morgan2006 Mine was at Hotel presidential and it was March 5th. It's possible it'd still be d venue when ur time comes.
Goodluck.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by morgan2006(m): 6:29pm On Mar 16, 2016
thanks @iphie

iphie25:

@Morgan2006 Mine was at Hotel presidential and it was March 5th. It's possible it'd still be d venue when ur time comes.
Goodluck.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by morgan2006(m): 6:31pm On Mar 16, 2016
Hello fam,

Please I am kind of confused, how can someone get a provincial nomination as I realized it takes an additional 600 points. Please gurus in the house (Zandora, JesusDway, Dupyshoo et al). Please explain to me. thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by JesusDWay(m): 7:31pm On Mar 16, 2016
morgan2006:
Hello fam,

Please I am kind of confused, how can someone get a provincial nomination as I realized it takes an additional 600 points. Please gurus in the house (Zandora, JesusDway, Dupyshoo et al). Please explain to me. thanks

Well....depending on your profession and if you meet the requirements for the provincial nomination of each of the province. However, the ones you may be presently eligible for will be Saskatchewan(not sure when it will open again this year), Nova Scotia(likely to open in June but they have list of occupations they want people for and yours must be there to qualify, same with Saskatchewan), Prince Edward Island(you only need to send a pdf form to them where you provide some details about yourself and they then contact you if they want you) and Manitoba(you will need to know someone there who will be ready to sponsor your application).

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by JesusDWay(m): 7:37pm On Mar 16, 2016
slimshady584:
Good day my people,

Ewoooo...never knew we plenty for dis journey to Canada o. I pray we will al sail thru wiv success iJn.

first of all introduction...

I am Mrs Opeyemi a Christian, married wiv kids. My husband (early 40s)-A chemical engineer (d principal applicant) has been in express entry pool since last year with crs of 278. so no possibility of getting ITA soon. most of our family members are in Calgary. but my sister advised we get a sponsor to nominate us for Manitoba provincial nominee. that d certificate if successful ll boost our points. having searched thru most of d provinces, we discovered my husband is most qualified for Manitoba and Saskatchewan. But d challenge is dat we ll need a friend/family in Manitoba with PR visa to nominate us. Pls does any one know how to go about it. if one could get a paid sponsor in Manitoba to nominate us. Thanks and God bless!

You'll be on a long thing cuz, family is what can help you get into Manitoba presently, friend connection is a long thing which may not even be sure for now. There could be other ways by which you can get in. I see you write well, that means your English is good...what's your profession?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by JesusDWay(m): 7:39pm On Mar 16, 2016
kelvyn29:
Hello All,

Are students with valid study permits in Canada Eligible for getting PR through express entry before the completion of their degree ?

My situation is this:
I'm applying for the study permit. Coincidentally, I am also in the process of gaining another degree which would boost my Express entry points in the pool. (Just for WES to evaluate and i would have more points...Just enough to get an ITA)

Now, once I have the study permit and Im in Canada, can i apply for Permanent Residence if my EE points are enough to get an invitation to apply ?

Thanks,

Yes you can but, have you figured out how you'll have to part with your passport while still in Canada?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by mozo: 7:47pm On Mar 16, 2016
hartson:

I was making reference to NZ skilled Category not EE.

Yeah I know, I was just pointing out their similarities.

When you submit your profile for the skilled migration for NZ. There's a 50/ 50 chance an employer will contact people in the database. Bearing in mind there are already people working in NZ or with Job offers
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by mozo: 7:51pm On Mar 16, 2016
cuteannie02:

The reference number has been issued the moment yo. Paid for Wes, it won't change

Oh OK.. Didn't know, mine was different.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by lavivaavril(f): 9:10pm On Mar 16, 2016
kelvyn29:
Hello All,

My situation is this:

Thanks,

There are other routes such as Canadian Experience class or provincial nomination in which you can become a permanent resident once you get to study in Canada. I don't think you should ply EE route at that time though you score will def increase. If you get a job after studies, it could also turn out to be easier than EE
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by morgan2006(m): 9:20pm On Mar 16, 2016
Thanks for your kind response. I currently work as an IT administrator, have a first degree in computer science but from the crs tool, the accumulated points didn't get up to 450pts. Any advice on what to do to rack up more points?

JesusDWay:

Well....depending on your profession and if you meet the requirements for the provincial nomination of each of the province. However, the ones you may be presently eligible for will be Saskatchewan(not sure when it will open again this year), Nova Scotia(likely to open in June but they have list of occupations they want people for and yours must be there to qualify, same with Saskatchewan), Prince Edward Island(you only need to send a pdf form to them where you provide some details about yourself and they then contact you if they want you) and Manitoba(you will need to know someone there who will be ready to sponsor your application).

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by JesusDWay(m): 12:05am On Mar 17, 2016
morgan2006:
Thanks for your kind response. I currently work as an IT administrator, have a first degree in computer science but from the crs tool, the accumulated points didn't get up to 450pts. Any advice on what to do to rack up more points?

Check those provinces for details of their programmes. You may also qualify for New Brunswick but you have to attend one of their information sessions to be able to qualify. They also have priority occupations list and IT is one of them, which gives you a leverage. Check their website as well for details. Finally, one other way is by improving your IELTS score but I doubt if it will get you above 450 cuz of the Bsc you have, which you have to even be younger than 30.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by kelvyn29(m): 8:53am On Mar 17, 2016
lavivaavril:

There are other routes such as Canadian Experience class or provincial nomination in which you can become a permanent resident once you get to study in Canada. I don't think you should ply EE route at that time though you score will def increase. If you get a job after studies, it could also turn out to be easier than EE

Thank You all for your comments.

I have three years work experience in IT security. However, my CRS score is just about 441. Im currently taking a Post graduate certificate online which would definitely increase my score when evaluated by WES.(two or more certificates or degrees)

Also, Im applying for study permit for my masters in canada. In the event that I'm in Canada on a study permit and I receive my ITA based on the FSW program because I would have more points at that time, would i still be eligible to apply for PR ?

Thanks again.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by JesusDWay(m): 1:35pm On Mar 17, 2016
kelvyn29:

Thank You all for your comments.

I have three years work experience in IT security. However, my CRS score is just about 441. Im currently taking a Post graduate certificate online which would definitely increase my score when evaluated by WES.(two or more certificates or degrees)

Also, Im applying for study permit for my masters in canada. In the event that I'm in Canada on a study permit and I receive my ITA based on the FSW program because I would have more points at that time, would i still be eligible to apply for PR ?

Thanks again.

Yes. Your PR Application is based on factors required which you meet. Its irrespective of your location

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by joyuzo(f): 3:55pm On Mar 17, 2016
[quote author=zandora post
Hello Zandora, I want to know if Arranged Job Offer is a Vital Requirement and Criteria for Canada Immigration.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by squash1986(m): 6:24pm On Mar 17, 2016
Hello House,
Please, I have a small issue which I'm looking for a good advice to go about it.
I have my ECA report and an IELTS test score of an average of 7.0. I also have 5 years work experience under NOC Code: 2241 and 1 year work experience under NOC Code: 2281 (Which this is my present occupation) .
Is it possible to use the two together in order for it to count as 6 years of work experience?
I'm yet to officially submit my profile under the Express Entry Program as a Skilled Worker. I would like to know my odds before I do.
Thank you House.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 8:17pm On Mar 17, 2016
Yes you can. Please note that once you have up to 3 years of experience under NOC 0, A &B, you will get the maximum score under employment. Any extra years will not give you extra score. So, using your 1st work experience only will suffice.

squash1986:
Hello House,
Please, I have a small issue which I'm looking for a good advice to go about it.
I have my ECA report and an IELTS test score of an average of 7.0. I also have 5 years work experience under NOC Code: 2241 and 1 year work experience under NOC Code: 2281 (Which this is my present occupation) .
Is it possible to use the two together in order for it to count as 6 years of work experience?
I'm yet to officially submit my profile under the Express Entry Program as a Skilled Worker. I would like to know my odds before I do.
Thank you House.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by zandora: 10:54pm On Mar 17, 2016
joyuzo:
[quote author=zandora post
Hello Zandora, I want to know if Arranged Job Offer is a Vital Requirement and Criteria for Canada Immigration.

No it isn't.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by squash1986(m): 11:21pm On Mar 17, 2016
dupyshoo:
Yes you can. Please note that once you have up to 3 years of experience under NOC 0, A &B, you will get the maximum score under employment. Any extra years will not give you extra score. So, using your 1st work experience only will suffice.

Hey @dupyshoo, thanks for your reply.
However, I want to understand you clearly.Are you saying that even if I use the both NOC Code as 6 years of experience, I will still get the same maximum score as someone who has 3 years experience?
Please, I will appreciate your clarification on this. Thank you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) ... (821)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.