Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,000 members, 7,817,957 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:55 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (83) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2605792 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by muyiwaojo1(m): 11:45pm On Mar 17, 2016
Hello guys, you guys have been so helpful. Kudos to Jesusdway, Zandora and everyone else. I have few questions here. I just got married like 3 months ago and i and my wife wants to write the IELTS exam for the express entry programme . The name on her passport hasn't changed, can she still use her passport for ID when putting in for IELTS?
Secondly, she's 26yrs, but she has master in public and international affairs and has 3yrs working experience with Lagos state inland revenue service (which I think there's no correlation between what she studied and where she works). Will that have any effect on her points, because I want her to be the PA because of her age and qualification.
I'm 30yrs, have just BSc in economics and I have 3yrs working experience as a cashier in an hotel, which is on NOC level D or E, but I earn more than her in salary . So, I will also like to know who is in the best position to be the PA.
And lastly, she's 2 months pregnant.i hope that won't give us any kind of delay. And in fact, will it be possible for her to give birth in Canada.. Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by akanni(m): 1:30am On Mar 18, 2016
muyiwaojo1:
Hello guys, you guys have been so helpful. Kudos to Jesusdway, Zandora and everyone else. I have few questions here. I just got married like 3 months ago and i and my wife wants to write the IELTS exam for the express entry programme . The name on her passport hasn't changed, can she still use her passport for ID when putting in for IELTS?
Secondly, she's 26yrs, but she has master in public and international affairs and has 3yrs working experience with Lagos state inland revenue service (which I think there's no correlation between what she studied and where she works). Will that have any effect on her points, because I want her to be the PA because of her age and qualification.
I'm 30yrs, have just BSc in economics and I have 3yrs working experience as a cashier in an hotel, which is on NOC level D or E, but I earn more than her in salary . So, I will also like to know who is in the best position to be the PA.
And lastly, she's 2 months pregnant.i hope that won't give us any kind of delay. And in fact, will it be possible for her to give birth in Canada.. Thanks
I think you should call British council and find out what they have to say to be on the safe side. I believe she can go with an additional identity card with documents to support that the two names are for the same person. Points is based on job,as long as youcan find her jon on the NOC, she is good. It is better if she is the PA, has education and age on her side. Pregnancy is not an issue, if everything works out fine, you both should be there before she delivers and if she delivers here before everything clicks, you will only have to inform the AVO and add the baby as a dependent.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by SlowlybtSurely: 5:08am On Mar 18, 2016
Please, which of the CIC approved hospitals in Lagos (or even Abuja) will agree to do medical examination, especially chest xray, on a pregnant lady?

Which has a lead shield?

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Rhyle(m): 10:56am On Mar 18, 2016
Hello House,

Please when is one safe with pof? it's really been tempting with lots of really pressing needs. I'll appreciate your good response.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by kelvyn29(m): 11:37am On Mar 18, 2016
Hello All,

Please is there any one who has attended the Heriot-Watts University, Edinburgh Business School ?

I'm about to enroll for a Post Graduate Certificate course online n Business Management and I plan to get it evaluated by WES to get more points when evaluated with my Bachelors degree (two or more certificates, diplomas or degrees)

Please has any one gone through this process ?

I hear WES might not evaluate post graduate certificates for one to choose two or more certificates, diplomas or degrees.

Please advise as I do not want to enroll for this course and WES does not evaluate it as a grad certificate of Canadian equivalency.

WES has a tool online, however, there are no certificates or diplomas than can be evaluated using the tool.

Kindly advise, Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 12:36pm On Mar 18, 2016
Mr Muyiwa
My advice,let your wife do a new passport or change of name on passport
BC got no chill,if it does not correspond then sorry she won't be able to sit for the exam
They are too principled
Everything has to tally
No time for explanation or a beg sir.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Garykasparov: 1:14pm On Mar 18, 2016
muyiwaojo1:
Hello guys, you guys have been so helpful. Kudos to Jesusdway, Zandora and everyone else. I have few questions here. I just got married like 3 months ago and i and my wife wants to write the IELTS exam for the express entry programme . The name on her passport hasn't changed, can she still use her passport for ID when putting in for IELTS? Please proceed with the IELTS enrollment in her maiden name, your case is not unusual. Just as many of her other credentials are in her maiden name, a marriage cert and Change of Name newspaper extract will serve as a blanket cover for all credentials in former name when applying for the EE program
Secondly, she's 26yrs, but she has master in public and international affairs and has 3yrs working experience with Lagos state inland revenue service (which I think there's no correlation between what she studied and where she works).This is no problem, besides, there is a correlation cos its public service. Will that have any effect on her points, because I want her to be the PA because of her age and qualification. This is a very good decision
I'm 30yrs, have just BSc in economics and I have 3yrs working experience as a cashier in an hotel, which is on NOC level D or E, but I earn more than her in salary . So, I will also like to know who is in the best position to be the PA. She is, let her prepare harder to score a band 9 above in the IELTS
And lastly, she's 2 months pregnant.i hope that won't give us any kind of delay. No, This is no problem; however, start building funds required for 3 people-CAD$ 18,816. We wish her safe delivery. And in fact, will it be possible for her to give birth in Canada..By God's grace, this is not impossible either, if you start the process now. For example, start building ur account, excel in ur IELTS in one sitting, evaluate your credentials, why not. Thanks

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ayeopare(m): 1:54pm On Mar 18, 2016
Hi.

House. i am new here. Please can someone help out. i have been trying with how to submit my online application. Please, can someone help. The IELTS Test, i have academic before. can it still be used, if not then what is the minimum score preferable to get. I have OND, HND, and PGD, how do i get my documents access?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by muyiwaojo1(m): 2:22pm On Mar 18, 2016
Thanks a lot. You have been so helpful. I will make sure she studies hard. And again, do I have to be building the account from now? Because, the thing is I have an uncle that's ready to give us the money as soon we are readily in need of it. Coupled with the fact that we have some properties we will sell when ready to move. If they see the money at once in the account, will there be a problem.? Do we have to be building the funds up from now? [quote author=Garykasparov post=43882833][/quote]
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Elixir123: 6:47pm On Mar 18, 2016
Thanks for the candid response to my question guys,I appreciate. However I read on a previous post that points start to drop for age once you clock 30? I thought the CIC website pegged the maximum points for age at 18 - 35?
Please I need more clarifications or am I reading an obsolete info?
Thanks in advance !

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by akanni(m): 1:36am On Mar 19, 2016
muyiwaojo1:
Thanks a lot. You have been so helpful. I will make sure she studies hard. And again, do I have to be building the account from now? Because, the thing is I have an uncle that's ready to give us the money as soon we are readily in need of it. Coupled with the fact that we have some properties we will sell when ready to move. If they see the money at once in the account, will there be a problem.? Do we have to be building the funds up from now?
You can get your uncle to gift the money to you, the most important thing is being able to explain the sudden funds.If you sell a property, as long as you can prove that it was sold with documents,etc, you are good to go.Also, i guess if your uncle gives you the money, as long as you can prove it was given to you as a gift by your uncle, you should be good, those that are more knowledgeable will also advice you.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by fphumie(f): 2:05am On Mar 19, 2016
Good day house, please I am in a serious dilemma, my PPR has arrived but my passport expires in July, so I will need a new one. I have actually applied for a new one but it is still under process and I do not know if it will meet up with this 15days response deadline. Please what can I do?I AV applied now but was told they are short of materials and cannot guarantee that I will get it in two weeks( I even paid for express service for the passport re-issuance but after payment and capturing, I was told to wait for 2 weeks).. Please I need advise on wat to do please
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by zandora: 3:35am On Mar 19, 2016
fphumie:
Good day house, please I am in a serious dilemma, my PPR has arrived but my passport expires in July, so I will need a new one. I have actually applied for a new one but it is still under process and I do not know if it will meet up with this 15days response deadline. Please what can I do?I AV applied now but was told they are short of materials and cannot guarantee that I will get it in two weeks( I even paid for express service for the passport re-issuance but after payment and capturing, I was told to wait for 2 weeks).. Please I need advise on wat to do please

Just email AVO to extend your deadline because you've applied to renew your passport, they'll extend it for you. It's nothing for you to panick about.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by chimaXYZ: 12:35pm On Mar 19, 2016
Good afternoon House,

This question has settled on my mind for some time now and I wanna ask it even though it might sound stupid.

Do you buy a one-way ticket or return when you are finally emigrating to Canny.

I intend to buy a one-way for wyfee and buy a return for myself coz I will have to come back to Naija and get a few things sorted before I move permanently. The one-way ticket for wyfee would not cause any problems at immigration ryt?

Cheers!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by humanshado: 6:46pm On Mar 19, 2016
chimaXYZ:
Good afternoon House,

This question has settled on my mind for some time now and I wanna ask it even though it might sound stupid.

Do you buy a one-way ticket or return when you are finally emigrating to Canny.

I intend to buy a one-way for wyfee and buy a return for myself coz I will have to come back to Naija and get a few things sorted before I move permanently. The one-way ticket for wyfee would not cause any problems at immigration ryt?

Cheers!

The visa you got is called Permanent Residence Visa, note the word permanent. You can buy one-way ticket my brother. Even students who are expected to leave Canada after completing their studies do buy one-way tickets and they are allowed in. One thing I noted over time is that one-way tickets are comparatively more expensive than return tickets and tickets for departures on Wednesdays are cheaper. wink

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by chimali: 7:44pm On Mar 19, 2016
To all the gurus in the house. I have submitted my express entry and my crs is 425. However, I don't know the province to apply to as ontario has been silent for a while. What is the probability of getting saskatchewan if and when it opens? For prince edward I am not in the agric or tourism line so how do i prove I intend to settle. I have no job offer in other province. It just seems all complex to get this without a masters.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by chimaXYZ: 10:13pm On Mar 19, 2016
humanshado:

The visa you got is called Permanent Residence Visa, note the word permanent. You can buy a one-way ticket, my brother. Even students who are expected to leave Canada after completing their studies do buy one-way tickets and they are allowed in. One thing I noted over time is that one-way tickets are comparatively more expensive than return tickets and tickets for departures on Wednesdays are cheaper. wink

@humanshado, thanks much!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 8:44am On Mar 20, 2016
My ancestors I hail thee
My verification seems to be taking too long
I don't know what's wrong
I contacted my institution and they said they haven't seen anything from wes
Does the verification process not involve mail confirmation by the institution? Or how is it done
Its 3months already and it says "Awaiting verification from institution
Anyone in Lautech who has been through this process
Pls how did u do it
Thanks in anticipation to your prompt response
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by MJBA: 9:02am On Mar 20, 2016
Hello house, need a lil clarification, while calculating my CRS score arrived at 456 but upon creating my EE profile got 457 as my CRS score, cn't say whr dis difference is coming frm. Want to know if anyone has an explanation for me pls.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by zeelo2014: 10:29am On Mar 20, 2016
Rhyle:
Hello House,

Please when is one safe with pof? it's really been tempting with lots of really pressing needs. I'll appreciate your good response.

After you receive ur PPR.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by MJBA: 1:40pm On Mar 20, 2016
Hello house need sm clarity on Proof of fund, presently am aving the fund required bt dnt want to dump it in my acct as a one off, so thynkyn of opening a fixed deposit acct, nd transfering to my regular acct after ITA, my query is dt if d timeline between my fixing d cash and transfering to my acct is jst 2weeks hope it won't raise eyebrows....thnx all in anticipation of ur response.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by hartson(m): 2:24pm On Mar 20, 2016
Kirri:
My ancestors I hail thee
Does the verification process not involve mail confirmation by the institution? Or how is it done
Pls how did u do it

Woman,you need to go sort things out yourself at your former school.Sometimes,the verification documents may have arrived with nobody to attend to it therefore it is your duty to go and hasten up things if not in the next 5 months the status of your WES account will continue to indicate awaiting verification from institution.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by chimaXYZ: 3:26pm On Mar 20, 2016
hartson:

Woman,you need to go sort things out yourself at your former school.Sometimes,the verification documents may have arrived with nobody to attend to it therefore it is your duty to go and hasten up things if not in the next 5 months the status of your WES account will continue to indicate awaiting verification from institution.

I cannot agree more.

Mine was actually posted to the US. I had to visit the school and let the administrator post the docs to Canada. She just assumed the address to be the United States. So, as suggested by Hartson, please go to the school and get this issue sorted ASAP.

Cheers!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by hartson(m): 4:07pm On Mar 20, 2016
chimaXYZ:

I cannot agree more.

Mine was actually posted to the US. I had to visit the school and let the administrator post the docs to Canada. She just assumed the address to be the United States. So, as suggested by Hartson, please go to the school and get this issue sorted ASAP.

Cheers!

Posted to US just imagine.I have heard of a case where someone's transcript was sealed and mailed to UK School instead of the appropriate address.This guy thought it was as a result of snail mail delivery until he travelled down to the school then found the silly mistake done by the person in charge at exams and records dept by then it has taken months so she better do the needful and save herself further agony.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by chimaXYZ: 4:35pm On Mar 20, 2016
hartson:

Posted to US just imagine.I have heard of a case where someone's transcript was sealed and mailed to UK School instead of the appropriate address.This guy thought it was as a result of snail mail delivery until he travelled down to the school then found the silly mistake done by the person in charge at exams and records dept by then it has taken months so she better do the needful and save herself further agony.

Lol, U bet!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by JesusDWay(m): 5:25pm On Mar 20, 2016
MJBA:
Hello house need sm clarity on Proof of fund, presently am aving the fund required bt dnt want to dump it in my acct as a one off, so thynkyn of opening a fixed deposit acct, nd transfering to my regular acct after ITA, my query is dt if d timeline between my fixing d cash and transfering to my acct is jst 2weeks hope it won't raise eyebrows....thnx all in anticipation of ur response.

Fixed deposit is better, you can even use it for other opportunities and you wont have to write any explanation so, leave it in fixed deposit(if you can) till you get your visa
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by JesusDWay(m): 5:46pm On Mar 20, 2016
Kirri:
My ancestors I hail thee
Pls how did u do it

If they claim they haven't seen email verification request from WES, send fax to WES that they should resend verification request via email to - transcript@lautech.edu.ng, that should by God's grace fasttrack things.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by BE811APP: 6:25pm On Mar 20, 2016
Hello Good People,

Pls how can One build a good case on the lump/large sum of amount in an account..

If its a gift or sale of property.. how is it gonna be explained that it wont raise issues..

Thanks in anticipation!!!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by MJBA: 7:07pm On Mar 20, 2016
JesusDWay:

Fixed deposit is better, you can even use it for other opportunities and you wont have to write any explanation so, leave it in fixed deposit(if you can) till you get your visa
Thnx so much, much appreciation
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Rhyle(m): 7:07pm On Mar 20, 2016
zeelo2014:

After you receive ur PPR.

Thanks for yesterday ur reply.

But why is it some people are still asked to submit updated pof at ppr . Is it not possible they still check on pof when they don't request update from you?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by zeelo2014: 7:22pm On Mar 20, 2016
Rhyle:

Thanks for yesterday ur reply.

But why is it some people are still asked to submit updated pof at ppr . Is it not possible they still check on pof when they don't request update from you?
The essence of POF is for you to come in with the said amount. For your survival and for you not to be a burden to the system. Remember you're coming in as a professional and you're expected to have a decent standard of living to u get your desired job.
In most cases, families actually need more than their POF.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) ... (821)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.