Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,528 members, 7,819,904 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:06 AM

Kutana The Great - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Kutana The Great (7568 Views)

See The Great Handwork Drawn In Celebration Of Prof Wole Soyinka's 82nd Birthday / The Great Hunt (#1, The Hunt Series) - - Now A Best Seller / The Great Hunt: A Sneak Peek (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kutana The Great by rapmike(m): 1:09pm On Nov 20, 2015
I see that you are doing well. Am back now and will keep supporting you.
CC: Repogirl, Larrysun

1 Like

Re: Kutana The Great by vickkydgreat(m): 9:25am On Nov 21, 2015
rapmike:

Thanks bross welcome
Re: Kutana The Great by vickkydgreat(m): 5:28pm On Nov 22, 2015
Continuation.......

"I know you are the one that makes such appearance even when you are still alive, but am sorry to dissapoint you, the show is over. The kingdom you cherish too much has been destroyed and this man here was the last of your descendants i am the winner while you are the loser at the end"

Gengor shout out in anger and pain

"Am a failure, i failed but you will not savor this victory"

He race towards him while General Tarola quickly positioned himself to defend him.

Takolashi smile and said

"Give me your sword General he is not your match let me deal with this"

General Tarola moved back, everyone distance themselves, everywere became silent like time stand still, battle between two spirits was happening no one wants to get hurt.

Gengor was about to strike him when takolashi suddenly droped his sword and the later quickly step side to avoide hiting him.

Takolashi smile.

"Brother, in war, there is bound to be a winner and a loser, durunju has ruled this land for the past one hundred years, it is enough now, let another kingdom rule"

Gengor looked down and replied

"You are right and the gods are my witness if it has been another kingdom that did this i wouldnt have answered or interfere, but this was possible because you interfere"

Takolashi laugh

"But as you can see its too late right now, the deed has already been done, you can as well return back now"

Gengor faced him

"Takolashi you are right its somehow late but i killed you once and i will do it again atleast to ride the World of a villain again"

Takolashi sqweezed his face and asked

" wait!, who are you protecting from me again, are you protecting those people that took over your kingdom?"

Gengor answered

"They are still himan being and will always be my people as long as they dwell on my land, but you are a spirit, something that need to cease to exist in this world, brother now brace yourself, your cup is full here"

Takolashi replied

"If you so wish to return to hades this soon, i will be glad to grant your wish brother, you killed me once but i assure you, you cant kill me again atleast easily"

Gengor drew out his heavenly sword and balance himself.

Takolashi faced the sky and direct his hand towards the ground chanting

"Haneulgwa theng eunnae myongleongebojeong"

suddenly the cloud became more darker and can even be noticed in the darknes.

Gengor stood bwwilded and uttered

"Takolashi, so even in death you still has this dark powers"

Takolashi faced him and laugh

"Pathetic brother, you have no idea of what you"

He stopped and studied him before continue

".... No idea of what am capable off"

while he thought

" foolish man, he dosnt even know he has powers as a spirit, he still belives in mortal combat"

Gengor shook his head

"Takolashi stop this madness"

Takolashi immediately streched his hand forward and chant again

"Ganycleoul geomi naleul sunjonghago geeun gong gyong"

Swords flew out of the soldier's hand immediately and moves towards Gengor.

As a master swordman he has no dificulty fending the off with the heavenly sword and those that struck him has no effect since he was in an iron armour.

Takolashi laugh and said

"Gengor you are such a pitiful man look at the apetizer i gave you and you are already panting, let quite play brother"

He faced the skyl again and mutterd

"Haneul eunjungen geuleul gong gyong cheodung"

Gengor paid no attention to the rumbling sky beacause he seems to understands the word takolashi said as
"Hevenly thunder strike him"

He immediately realise he has the same powers as him now and he turn intime to see a ray of light coming towards him, he quicly dock and gave in to his subconscious mind....
Re: Kutana The Great by Ultimategeneral: 6:10pm On Nov 22, 2015
Nice write up bro always following u bumber to bumber
Re: Kutana The Great by Ultimategeneral: 6:15pm On Nov 22, 2015
rapmike:

longest time brotherly! have u started another story? Its igwoh
Re: Kutana The Great by vickkydgreat(m): 7:10pm On Nov 22, 2015
Ultimategeneral:

thank you guy
Re: Kutana The Great by rapmike(m): 7:55pm On Nov 22, 2015
Ultimategeneral:
longest time brotherly! have u started another story? Its igwoh
None for now and it will likely be like this until next year.

Why the change in moniker?
Re: Kutana The Great by Ultimategeneral: 10:11pm On Nov 22, 2015
rapmike:

None for now and it will likely be like this until next year.

Why the change in moniker?
nexxt yearrrrrr!!! That's pretty too long. Moniker ke its igwoh this is my second acct bt have u written any other one after "the rise of the activist"
Re: Kutana The Great by rapmike(m): 10:18pm On Nov 22, 2015
Ultimategeneral:

nexxt yearrrrrr!!! That's pretty too long. Moniker ke its igwoh this is my second acct bt have u written any other one after "the rise of the activist"

No

That's all, I don't want to derail this thread.
Re: Kutana The Great by vickkydgreat(m): 6:09pm On Nov 25, 2015
Both of them stayed still and motionless, the soldiers were all confused about what was happening, no one can give a reasonable explanation, the General was about to move close to takolashi when a powerdul wind throw him away,He dare not make a second attempt, everyone was just watching and everywhere silent save for the raging wind around them.

It became a battle of mind and soul, the brothers arent blinking, the gods are watching. Gengor was bent on sending his brother back to the spirirt world while takolashi resolved to be the last man standing.

Meanwhile.......

The General and the empress(durunju kingdom) were being chased by some soldiers in the forest, they have killed all the guards assigned to the empress and both of them were now running for their life with the little prince strapped to the general's back.

The empress looked back and saw they were being closed on, she stopped and say to the general

"General Puma, am sure my husband has fell now if not dead, and he made you swore to protect me and this child but as it may, you cant save both of us, its too late for that now, but i will implore you to please save my baby's life and train him to become a great man. Let him take revenge for us, let him reclaim this land, this is a dying wish from a loving mother".

The general shook his head and said

"Never My queen, i suppose to bled and die with my men and the king but here i am obeing his order by running from those people i suppose to kill, am not going to live you here, we die together if it must"

The Queen hold his inner cloth and shout

"What about our land? What about sanguda's lineage? Did you want him to be erazed forever? This is the last command from your queen please go now, i want to feel the skin of this vermins with my sword before i join my husband go now.."

The general tearily took off while the queen drew out her sword waiting for the approaching soldiers.

They were about to run pass her when she beckon unto them.

"Hey you foolish soldiers, where are you going?"

The General leading them drew back in shock and asked her in return

"Who are you? And what are you doing brandishing a sword there common drop it, its not for a lady like you".

The queen smile and answered

"I am sonsono the queen of durunju, and am here to take you all to hades"

The General laugh and replied

"Ohh you are the queen, well am General Jongayo, i admire your courage although it seems foolish but if i may ask how are you going to do it?"

The queen laugh and replied

"I will show you the power and strenght of a durunju queen now watch me"

Before the General can raise his sword, his head was already rolling in the ground with one clean swift of sonsono's sword.
The soldiers all drew back in shock but later regain their courage and move towards her, immediately the white godess appear and the time appears to stay still while sonsono was forced to knee down by and invisible force.

Perola smile and said

"Dont be scared sonsono, am here on the request of the general to save your life, what you people should have done all this while, but you refuse beleiving in mortal combat"

The queen asked

"Who are you?"

she answered

"I am perola the white goddes you serve"

The queen snaps at her

"Ohh you just remember us now after what? My husband is dead, durunju has fallen and you are just coming, where are you all this while?"

Perola sighed and replied

"This is another day discussion if fate made you to meet me again for now go and join your son, immediately she dissapeared and saw the general rning towards her with her son and she raced to meet the panting

The General smile and a tear droped from his eyes.

He asked more than a statement

"You are alive my queen, it seems we lose them. Let go now"

..................................................................................................................................................
Gengor was the first to broke out from the trance he created and raced towards takolashi with a heavy speed caredless about the environment, General Tarola quicklu sprang into action by throwing a spear on him, the weight of the spear throw him off balance although there wasnt any scare on him. While takolashi immediately recoverd.

He streched forward his hand and the sword basalo gave him appear , he shouts and said

"Gengor its enough now, say goodbye to the world of living"

Without giving him a chance to replied he race towards him and the later also return his gestures but as they were about to collide with eachother takolashi inbetween Gengor's leg and drove the sword on his back, Gengor stargard and use his last strenght to did a backflip burying the sword on takolashi's head. Both them hold eachother and takolashi smile and said

"Atleast u its atie"

With this they both turn to a pile of ashes.

Ganganu shook his head and uttered

"Such a pitiful fate"...
Re: Kutana The Great by vickkydgreat(m): 6:10pm On Nov 25, 2015
Ultimategeneral:

Thanks my guy
Re: Kutana The Great by Ultimategeneral: 7:35pm On Nov 25, 2015
Wao dat was nice go on next
Re: Kutana The Great by vickkydgreat(m): 10:28pm On Nov 25, 2015
Ultimategeneral:
Wao dat was nice go on next

thank you my guy.... we keep on flowing..
Re: Kutana The Great by vickkydgreat(m): 10:29pm On Nov 25, 2015
1265 views and just 2people comment actively.... there is God oooo
Re: Kutana The Great by rapmike(m): 5:23pm On Nov 26, 2015
vickkydgreat:
1265 views and just 2people comment actively.... there is God oooo

Pele..... It will improve.
Re: Kutana The Great by vickkydgreat(m): 6:16pm On Nov 28, 2015
Ganganu faced his soldiers and adress them.

"The was is over, Durunju has finally fallen..."

He was cut short by their loud roar

"HURRAY!"

He resumed

"This victory dosnt belong to us alone, its for everyone including those who bled and die for this war, we are all all heroes, but let take note of something, the event of takolashi and Gengor, in this war shall not be recorded for it will be a great stain to this victory. Is that understood?"

The all bowed and chorus

"Yes Your Majesty"

He continued his speech

"Thank you, and as from now on durunju castle shall become our new capital state, there wont be anything like Durunju or somatia again, our country has been reborn tonught and I shall call the new nation NABILA which means PEACE because peace will forever rein with the merger of this nations"

The soldiers all chant

"Great Ganganu, the leader of all,great ganganu, the emperor Nabila, great Ganganu the emperor of peace, great ganganu the conqueoro"
They all merry and party........

MEANWHILE

The queen and the general were still finding their way in the forest, they have already gone far too deep and seemed lost.

The queen sighed and said.

"Puma, we have been going in circle since, the day is almost break now,yet we didnt have a clue on were we are or were we are going, am tired"

The General replied

"Endure my queen, i have been to this forest with my grandfather during hunting once but it just seem its a different place now"

The queen cried out in frustration

"Sanguda, did you see now? The suffering we are going through. Are you looking at us nw?"

A drop of tears escape form her eyes, she quickly wiped it away and forge ahead. Not too long, they spotted a ray of fire from distance, they quickly follow the trace. They are still on this when the general sighed and said

"My queen..."

Sosono cut him off

"Queen of where? I beg your pardon stop adressing me with honourification ok?"

The General shook his head and said

"We may have lose our country now but i still have faith that we shall stand back, please My queen do not despair"

The queen sniff and replied him

"You are right general, atleast if i cant reclaim the kingdom, my son will, if he cant, hhis descendants will stop at nothing until they took over, lets go now"

There were about to move when a rope cought her leg and pull her upward, knowing the queen has already been trapped the general dropped his unshealth sword and shouted

"Come out now, i wont fight back, please just dont harm her" He was immediately surrounded by armed men all wearing cloths made with tigar fur, they were about to knock him down when their leader stopped them, he moves close to him and asked

"Who are you?"

The general answered him

"I am Puma the Great General of Durunju"

This seems to onfuriate the leader as he moves towards him and holds his throat

"Durunju or am i hearing wrong?"

The holds seems to lessen a bit when he notice something moves in the cloth strapped to the General's bacl he quickly peered at it and saw that it was a baby, suprisinly the baby just kept quite as if he was aware of the danger.

The General cough severally and answerd

"Yes what happen?"

The leader didint act as if he heard him because he immediately changed the tppic and asked

"Who is this child and were is the mother?"

The General angrily replied him

"She is the on you tied there"

The leader immediately looked up and saw sonsonu begging him not to harm her son.

He cut the rope down himself and asked

"What are you doing here?"

Sonsono answered.

"I am sonsono the queen of durunju"

The man claps his hand and laughed

"It seems the heaven are on my side today, your ancestors GENGOR drove out our tried out of the land and took over before the Tiger saves us now you walk here on your own foot"

Sonsono drew back in shock and quickly knelt down

"Please spare my son's life if at all you will kill me please "

The man shook his head with an evil smirk and said

"Not that fast but there is a prophesy of a child who will come out of nowere and save us if your child pass it then he can be saved"

Sonson quickly sprang up and said

"I will give my life to prove this how ?"

The man motion to them to follow him and they get to a cave were the man whistle and a gigantic tiger came out.
Sonson wants to run with her child but they roughly hold her and collect the child. The leader took him to the tiger and the animal suprisinly bowed down before the child.
They all chorus

"GREAT LEADER HAS COME"
and bowed to the child. The leader came forward and said

"We shall call him KUTANAN which means THE CONQUOROR".
He bowed before the queen and said

"Your Majesty Sarugi will forever be loyal to you"

The rest all chorus

"LOYAL!"

The queen collect her son and wept, a tear of joy.

THE BEGINING OF THE END
Re: Kutana The Great by vickkydgreat(m): 6:17pm On Nov 28, 2015
rapmike:

Pele..... It will improve.

Thanks man will keep on posting as long as you are here
Re: Kutana The Great by Ultimategeneral: 11:43pm On Nov 28, 2015
Offcouse always at ur side
Re: Kutana The Great by Ultimategeneral: 11:45pm On Nov 28, 2015
Had it been that u post non stop it would have been very interesting
Re: Kutana The Great by vickkydgreat(m): 6:14am On Nov 29, 2015
Ultimategeneral:
Had it been that u post non stop it would have been very interesting

Thanks man will improve
Re: Kutana The Great by girlhaley(f): 4:28pm On Nov 29, 2015
Wow.....following sincerely
Re: Kutana The Great by vickkydgreat(m): 11:08pm On Nov 29, 2015
girlhaley:
Wow.....following sincerely

were u dey since
Re: Kutana The Great by girlhaley(f): 7:26pm On Nov 30, 2015
vickkydgreat:

were u dey since

Sorry jhare,man pikin go chop

Anyways,I don come so update us.....biko
Re: Kutana The Great by vickkydgreat(m): 7:38am On Dec 01, 2015
girlhaley:

Sorry jhare,man pikin go chop

Anyways,I don come so update us.....biko

alright sha.. Update drops at noon
Re: Kutana The Great by vickkydgreat(m): 5:17pm On Dec 01, 2015
Episode 19

TEN YEARS LATER..........

Ganganu has moved the country capital to Durunju fortress and named it NABILA province, He ruled with iron hand upon everyone, every citizens remain of Durunju were subject to total slavery.

Sonsono in her own part has moved her forest men to a tribe formally under Durunju, and was reuniting tribes together there.

"My lade you need to rest, you have tried enough...."

The General was saying before sonsono cut him off

"Wait! Puma, how many lower tribes does durunju has excluding the 10provinces?"

The General replied

"One hundred tribes"

The queen nods her head

"Good! Now tell me to rest again, out of one hundred scattered tribes my husband works hard to unit am still batling with Fiften and you are tell me to rest?"

The General sighed and replied

"My lady, you cant overwork yourself, you just need a little rest from all this your trips, am not saying you should back down"

Sonsono sensing the man was not going to relent quickly changed the topic

"Our spies in Saporoma( a province under Nabila) told me they were going to move hundreds of Durunju refugees to work in Nabila's iron mine, i was hoping maybe we can intercept them on the way"

The General shot her an angry look and asked

"Have you forgot we are still acting on low key? Did you forget the fact that you and the prince are dead as far as Ganganu is concerned?"

The queen replied

"I know am just...."

The general cut her short

"Dont just ok? We both knew if Ganganu realise you and the prince are alive, he would send a whole lot of army to find you people and you know the consquences"

The queen sighed

"You are right, it just pain me seeing our citizens suffering without doing anything"

The General hold her

"Dont be sad my lady there is no blessing without sacrifise, if we risk our life because of few hundreds of refugees now and lost our life, what about the lot of millions of our citizens and the country? My lady please look at the bigger picture"

The queen smiled

"Thank you Puma, you gave me unimaginable strenght, i wonder what i would have done without you"

The General bowed

"Its my duty Your Magesty, you dont have to thank me"

The queen nods her head and asked

"How is Kutana doing in his training"

The General smiled

"Your Magesty, you should probably spare sometime and watch his training one day, i can barely keep up with him myself, he is a trues Durunju king, his strenght and valor are even more than his father's own"

The queen laugh and playfully hit the General saying

"Puma, you are being disloyal here"

The General teased back

"Ohh! My queen look at how beautiful you are laughing, you look exactly like a sun flower now, its been long i saw you laugh like this"

The Queen replied blushing

"common, stop flattering me, to think of it i havent seen Kutana since monring that he has came to greet me"

She asked a maid to cal him.

Not too long the maid rushed back saying no one have seen the prince since daybreak.

The queen immediately sprang up and run outside before one of the soldiers guarding the prince ran to meet her.

The queen immediately asked him

"Where is the prince?"

The Guard answerd

"The prince asked us not to escort him to his horse training this morning, but am surpriced he hasnt came back yet"

That earned him a dirty slap from the General fuming

"Dint i told you people not to let him out of your sight? And you know how inquisitive and adventuresome the prince can be sometimes"

He turned to calm the queen

"Dont worry my queen, nothing will happened to him i will personally speerhead some troups to find him in the wood right now..."

He was cut off by a heavy noise like song but he cant deciper the words yet when a soldier ran up to them smiling.

The General angrily asked him

"What happen to those tooth you are shining when we are looking for the prince?"

The soldier replied

"This is not for me to say, you have to see this yourself"

Not giving them a chance to ask questions again, He sped off towards the gate.

The queen and the General immediately followed him. But what they saw made their jaw dropped.

It was the prince carried shouldier high by some men followed behind by hundreds of Men, women and children bearing Durunju's acient flag singing

"GREAT KUTANA, SON OF GREAT SANGUDA, OUR SAVIOUR... HURRAY!"...............................................................
ITS JUST BEGAN

KUTANA ~ THE ~ GREAT~
Re: Kutana The Great by vickkydgreat(m): 5:21pm On Dec 01, 2015
Happy new month to you all
Re: Kutana The Great by girlhaley(f): 7:39am On Dec 02, 2015
Wow......nice story soo far

Updates please
Re: Kutana The Great by Ultimategeneral: 10:51pm On Dec 03, 2015
Nice story man
Re: Kutana The Great by vickkydgreat(m): 3:25pm On Dec 05, 2015
girlhaley:
Wow......nice story soo far

Updates please

Thanks... Kinda not alright buh i will try and drop before monday
Re: Kutana The Great by vickkydgreat(m): 3:25pm On Dec 05, 2015
Ultimategeneral:
Nice story man

thanks bro... U see rapmike?
Re: Kutana The Great by girlhaley(f): 2:16am On Dec 06, 2015
vickkydgreat:

Oh....sorry for that

Wishing u a quick recovery
Re: Kutana The Great by girlhaley(f): 2:16am On Dec 06, 2015
vickkydgreat:

Oh....sorry for that

Wishing u a quick recovery

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Soyinka Wins Anisfield-Wolf Lifetime Achievement Award / Dammy Sammy TV(DSTV); Breaking News, Entertainment, Music and More. / My Trust Is For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.