Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,425 members, 7,819,549 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:55 PM

Your Grandma Is 95 Yrs And If She Needs A Surgery Of N15m And You Have N16m? - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Your Grandma Is 95 Yrs And If She Needs A Surgery Of N15m And You Have N16m? (40005 Views)

Woman Disobeys Her Husband to Buy Land of 350k Yrs later See what happened to it / Grandma Accidentally Buys Adult Book For 6-year-old / Help: My Grandma Is Missing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Grandma Is 95 Yrs And If She Needs A Surgery Of N15m And You Have N16m? by NemzySeries(m): 1:11am On Sep 27, 2015
Oguguah:

dont say that... There's nothing as beautiful as life. If you have the opportunity to invest in your grandma, better do that. Her life is worth more than 10 billion, whether she is 100 or 120 years
ma guy even if ma. grandma is. 80yrs I no go contribute a kobo 4. any operation even if I av d money.....ma happiness is dat she has lived to gud old age & every granny's happiness is to see & play wit her grand children which by God's grace has bin achieved so wat else do u want me to do 4 her again? mind u I luv ma granny die
Re: Your Grandma Is 95 Yrs And If She Needs A Surgery Of N15m And You Have N16m? by NemzySeries(m): 1:13am On Sep 27, 2015
I shd spend 15m for sum1 datz less dan a kilometre to death?.....pls I dunt want buhari to. probe me on such xpenses

1 Like

Re: Your Grandma Is 95 Yrs And If She Needs A Surgery Of N15m And You Have N16m? by lepasharon(f): 1:17am On Sep 27, 2015
I have had a change of heart....I will sad

1 Like

Re: Your Grandma Is 95 Yrs And If She Needs A Surgery Of N15m And You Have N16m? by Nobody: 1:36am On Sep 27, 2015
Depends on Grandma, if she says she's not yet ready to go, then I'll have to pay afterall blood is blood, I won't be happy about it though...but I'll definitely pay

2 Likes

Re: Your Grandma Is 95 Yrs And If She Needs A Surgery Of N15m And You Have N16m? by Nobody: 1:39am On Sep 27, 2015
Adanna28:
No hesitation, my grandma raised me from birth, I'll gladly do it.
You are nice lady! Money is not a thing.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Your Grandma Is 95 Yrs And If She Needs A Surgery Of N15m And You Have N16m? by Nobody: 1:49am On Sep 27, 2015
all4naija:

You are nice lady! Money is not a thing.

Without my grandma wouldn't even have my generation, people may look at the money but I look at the bigger picture. Money is not worth life. Espec when it comes to my love ones.

I love my grandma very much cry don't mind me dear, miss her. She passed when I was 17 of TB bronchitis.

Nonetheless she taught me how to be a family woman, cook, clean etc and I'll always be forever grateful.

1 Like

Re: Your Grandma Is 95 Yrs And If She Needs A Surgery Of N15m And You Have N16m? by ImpactWorld(m): 1:50am On Sep 27, 2015
Actually, 90% of doctors will not perform such a surgery in the first place.

By training, medical doctors do not just treat patients; they consider a lot of factors in the process.

And as for the 10% of doctors that might decide to go on with such a surgery, there has to be better reasons than the fact that the money is never a problem or simply to make her live longer. For example, if she occupies some very important position where she is still very relevant like the queen of England, etc etc.

1 Like

Re: Your Grandma Is 95 Yrs And If She Needs A Surgery Of N15m And You Have N16m? by Nobody: 1:51am On Sep 27, 2015
Adanna28:

Without my grandma wouldn't even have my generation, people may look at the money but I look at the bigger picture. Money is not worth life. Espec when it comes to my love ones.

I love my grandma very much cry don't mind me dear, miss her. She passed when I was 17 of TB bronchitis.

Nonetheless she taught me how to be a family woman, cook, clean etc and I'll always be forever grateful.
It is possible to loose all the money in business, stolen by swindler or armed men. I would do the same thing for her.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Your Grandma Is 95 Yrs And If She Needs A Surgery Of N15m And You Have N16m? by Nobody: 2:14am On Sep 27, 2015
all4naija:

It is possible to loose all the money in business, stolen by swindler or armed men. I would do the same thing for her.

You are a good man, we never forget our blood. Espec when they been there from day 1.

My grandma was there at my birth n I was there at her death holding her hand with my sister.

Money ain't shi't but a means of survival, never been about the razah'daz.

As long as the bills are paid, there food in the cupboard I'm a content woman.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Your Grandma Is 95 Yrs And If She Needs A Surgery Of N15m And You Have N16m? by charlesucheh(m): 2:55am On Sep 27, 2015
Coincidentally, I asked my bruvs @ home thesame question yesterday. And my answer was that, I'll leave her to fate..
Just have to be logical and not be stupidly aroused by emotions... Sure i'll leave her to her fate becos, even if she dies, it will be a celebration of life while i try to build mine.....jst trying to be as sincere as possible.
Re: Your Grandma Is 95 Yrs And If She Needs A Surgery Of N15m And You Have N16m? by boygeorge: 4:02am On Sep 27, 2015
ab1x:
Yes, I will
Gerrout jor, did u read the post at all? grandma is 5 more years to 5 decades.
Re: Your Grandma Is 95 Yrs And If She Needs A Surgery Of N15m And You Have N16m? by ab1x: 4:07am On Sep 27, 2015
boygeorge:
Gerrout jor, did u read the post at all? grandma is 5 more years to 5 decades.

Does it matter? I don't know why people cherish money more than people's life

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Your Grandma Is 95 Yrs And If She Needs A Surgery Of N15m And You Have N16m? by XXCASH: 4:43am On Sep 27, 2015
I went through only the first page and from the response I saw, one doesn't need to ask why the country is the way it is.
I have always told those around me that Nigerians are one of the most wicked people on earth and that's why we kill ourselves for money.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Your Grandma Is 95 Yrs And If She Needs A Surgery Of N15m And You Have N16m? by Nobody: 4:46am On Sep 27, 2015
Abeg make she dey go...she haf try
Re: Your Grandma Is 95 Yrs And If She Needs A Surgery Of N15m And You Have N16m? by Nobody: 5:20am On Sep 27, 2015
highest I will spend on her is 50k.....after that rest in peace grandma.......
Re: Your Grandma Is 95 Yrs And If She Needs A Surgery Of N15m And You Have N16m? by telaby: 6:00am On Sep 27, 2015
You be like payed 15m for d surgery and she died few weeks after discharged den kom close to or more than 1m for d burial...the cry cry Na u get am alone ooo

1 Like

Re: Your Grandma Is 95 Yrs And If She Needs A Surgery Of N15m And You Have N16m? by villeanns(m): 6:01am On Sep 27, 2015

This is not a RISK that worth taking.... Ok! Come what it may that money should be channeled into a profitable business venture.

No hard fillings pls....

Re: Your Grandma Is 95 Yrs And If She Needs A Surgery Of N15m And You Have N16m? by oismail(m): 6:07am On Sep 27, 2015
15m for surgery??
2m for burial ceremony?
Advice needed!
Re: Your Grandma Is 95 Yrs And If She Needs A Surgery Of N15m And You Have N16m? by Francolad(m): 6:09am On Sep 27, 2015
Dear grandma,
Sorry, you just have to die. We would make a befitting burial for you. On behalf of my me nd my family, we'll donate 5m out of my 16m for ur funeral. Die soon ma
Re: Your Grandma Is 95 Yrs And If She Needs A Surgery Of N15m And You Have N16m? by Obiwiz(m): 6:13am On Sep 27, 2015
A wise and loving grandmother won't even advise you to part with such money for her surgery at that age knowing fully well her feeble and frail body may not even survive the stress of surgery, regardless.

2 Likes

Re: Your Grandma Is 95 Yrs And If She Needs A Surgery Of N15m And You Have N16m? by Motolank: 6:30am On Sep 27, 2015
nikkiking:
No u won't.
Don't mind the liar
Re: Your Grandma Is 95 Yrs And If She Needs A Surgery Of N15m And You Have N16m? by Pidggin(f): 6:40am On Sep 27, 2015
989900:

That is the part that made me write the long 'tory' . . . who saves N16m cash (life savings), earning peanuts, over 9 years, without investing it in something tangible?

Most people that do, have other sources of wealth/investments.

That was why I used my own scenario 2

Will you want your grandchild to spend 15 million on surgery for u @ 95? To fully recover from major surgery that cost that much you can imagine how long it will take, even @ 85 doctors will think twice about operating you talkless of 95.

You will be praying for them to let you die in peace sef, remember at that age you will be suffering old age related illnesses, be sincere to yourself.
Re: Your Grandma Is 95 Yrs And If She Needs A Surgery Of N15m And You Have N16m? by fyneboi79(m): 6:40am On Sep 27, 2015
nikkiking:
Honestly i won't undecided undecided.

Life na turn by turn.

Nna men I will keep 1M for burial contribution o.
95 yrs na celebration o grin
Re: Your Grandma Is 95 Yrs And If She Needs A Surgery Of N15m And You Have N16m? by 989900: 6:42am On Sep 27, 2015
Pidggin:

Will you want your grandchild to spend 15 million on surgery for u @ 95? To fully recover from major surgery that cost that much you can imagine how long it will take, even @ 85 doctors will think twice about operating you talkless of 95.

You will be praying for them to let you die in peace sef, remember at that age you will be suffering old age related illnesses, be sincere to yourself.

Read my previous posts on the matter.
Re: Your Grandma Is 95 Yrs And If She Needs A Surgery Of N15m And You Have N16m? by chaz007(f): 6:54am On Sep 27, 2015
Money offered to save a life always has magnanimous return. My grandmother is my mother. I love her so much that i'l gladly give the 16m just to have her live one more day on earth, regardless her age. Tomorrow it cld be me needing surgery at age 54, and it wld break my heart if my son values his money over my life.
Re: Your Grandma Is 95 Yrs And If She Needs A Surgery Of N15m And You Have N16m? by mrwiddy(m): 6:57am On Sep 27, 2015
dats an english way of solving a yoruba problem
Re: Your Grandma Is 95 Yrs And If She Needs A Surgery Of N15m And You Have N16m? by Lawsimon(m): 7:02am On Sep 27, 2015
If na joke draw a line. The woman has already outlived her lifespan on earth, so what's the need to spend.
Re: Your Grandma Is 95 Yrs And If She Needs A Surgery Of N15m And You Have N16m? by lazborn(m): 7:16am On Sep 27, 2015
Even my grandma no go happy if I try such tin sef,
Re: Your Grandma Is 95 Yrs And If She Needs A Surgery Of N15m And You Have N16m? by shedracknweze(m): 7:20am On Sep 27, 2015
pay ke, she don old naaw, wetin she wan achieve again,she may not survive d surgery.
Re: Your Grandma Is 95 Yrs And If She Needs A Surgery Of N15m And You Have N16m? by Engrpj(m): 7:21am On Sep 27, 2015
kossyablaze:
I dey mad?.... I ll evn pay the doctor to give her euthanasia to die quick... How can I go back to square one having just 1m with me.... Granny no vex..... Till we meet to part no more!

Rotflmaogringringringrin
Guy u wicked die.... u got me Laughing wide....... 4 real Till we meet to part no moregringringrin
Re: Your Grandma Is 95 Yrs And If She Needs A Surgery Of N15m And You Have N16m? by Engrpj(m): 7:24am On Sep 27, 2015
chaz007:
Money offered to save a life always has magnanimous return. My grandmother is my mother. I love her so much that i'l gladly give the 16m just to have her live one more day on earth, regardless her age. Tomorrow it cld be me needing surgery at age 54, and it wld break my heart if my son values his money over my life.

Madam there is differences between 95 and 54. in case u don't no Ur arithmetic, the difference is 41 years.... even Ur Granny won't be happy if you give out DAT money........ Abeg Granny...till we meet in the bosom of the Lord...

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

A Lot Of Marriages Now Crashing Within 3 Months / Little Girl Packs Her Bags And Leaves Home After Being Scolded By Mum (Video) / Man Lost His Properties 2 Years After His Nigeria Wife Joined Him In Uk(vid,pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.