Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,295 members, 7,815,512 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:45 PM

Nigeria Absent At UN Fundraising For Boko Haram Displaced People - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Absent At UN Fundraising For Boko Haram Displaced People (17089 Views)

Buhari Absent At The FEC Meeting Again As Osinbajo Presides In His Absence.PICS / Governors Loyal To Tinubu, Atiku Absent At Meeting With APC NWC / Ortom Donates Items To Agatu Displaced People (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Absent At UN Fundraising For Boko Haram Displaced People by DaBullIT(m): 5:54pm On Sep 26, 2015
Thank you for your contribution
ibietela2:

Animalistic imbe.cile what happened to the other 21 hegoats he travelled with?
Re: Nigeria Absent At UN Fundraising For Boko Haram Displaced People by DaBullIT(m): 5:55pm On Sep 26, 2015
I would have probably said the same thing, Nigerians and assumption, what if he delegated and the delegate failed to show
ibietela2:

Olodo if it's Gej, will you say this?
Re: Nigeria Absent At UN Fundraising For Boko Haram Displaced People by sinizia: 5:56pm On Sep 26, 2015
DaBullIT:
Yeah

I forsee that Some people will blame Buhari

Oh wait , one goat already did grin grin grin grin grin grin

You can't expect Buhari to be in two places at the same time

It's possible whoever was supposed to be at that fund raiser missed it

so stop quoting me and please for God's sake , I am not Buhari , i can not answer your questions , and I am in Nigeria grin grin Like all of you are and i also read the news like you do , I no be delegate o abeg so i no sabi wetin happen or why , but i sure say if na one person fault, that person go see PMB red eye

You are a disgrace to both living and non-living things. Brainwashed rétard and grade-A zombie.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Absent At UN Fundraising For Boko Haram Displaced People by lordmayor4(m): 5:58pm On Sep 26, 2015
What money will they raise that Nigeria can't on itself?
Why will you seat in a meeting with people who are sponsoring the terror in your country and also saying they are giving you aid?
Africa needs no aid, we need no intervention, what we need is a responsible government who knows their onions and can stand on the African dream of unity among diversity.
Re: Nigeria Absent At UN Fundraising For Boko Haram Displaced People by CSTR2: 5:58pm On Sep 26, 2015
Image123:

It's a fundraising, duh. It's not a must to be present. We're not helpless.
Oh boy shut up and stop talking nonsense.
Your third world country is the worst hit and the most devastated victim of bokoharam terrorism.
A fundraiser is conducted in your honour by the UN and you decided to be absent due to gross negligence.
Go and learn how to be an intelligent sycophant.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Absent At UN Fundraising For Boko Haram Displaced People by OboloMAN: 5:58pm On Sep 26, 2015
[/s]
Abbeyme:

You need to read and understand between the lines of the writeup...

The core of the project and bombings is in Nigeria. UN is seeking fundraising for Chad, specifically to tackle drought and what?

Rubbing Peter to pay Paul? This is unfair to Nigeria. I guess the boycott is a protest to the misplaced fund beneficiary as proposed by the United Nations..

Trash

Who are those displaced in the North East ? Syrians I guess?

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Absent At UN Fundraising For Boko Haram Displaced People by Nellybii: 6:00pm On Sep 26, 2015
DaBullIT:
You have no idea what happened or why , but you just need something to blame the man for ,

Don't mind the jobless maggots living on Nairaland always looking for what to blame PMB for and attack the government all in the name of criticizm. Anonymous people faceless buffoons.
If they are serious, they will come out openly not hide behind stewpid monikers here mtcheeeeew

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Absent At UN Fundraising For Boko Haram Displaced People by DaBullIT(m): 6:01pm On Sep 26, 2015
You just had to type something didn't you
sinizia:

You are a disgrace to both living and non-living things. Brainwashed rétard and grade-A zombie.
Re: Nigeria Absent At UN Fundraising For Boko Haram Displaced People by gogodaye(m): 6:01pm On Sep 26, 2015
Pertinent scenarios playing themselves out....

Re: Nigeria Absent At UN Fundraising For Boko Haram Displaced People by 989900: 6:02pm On Sep 26, 2015
Chad, Niger and Cameroon appealed on Friday for help for millions of people in the Lake Chad Basin region forced to flee the violence of Boko Haram and hit with repeated droughts and floods that have brought malnutrition and disease.

At times you've just got to buy yourself some respect.

Well done FGN!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Absent At UN Fundraising For Boko Haram Displaced People by kenny987(f): 6:03pm On Sep 26, 2015
DaBullIT:
You have no idea what happened or why , but you just need something to blame the man for ,

First of all, he didn't even travel with anyone competent enough to attend that event apart from himself. Is it Amaechi or Fayemi or Cross Rivers governor that would have gone? So there was a fundamental error from d composition of delegates.

Secondly, these things are planned ahead of time so if there was going to be a clash in d itinerary of events, provisions should have been made to ensure Nigeria is competently represented in all relevant events. That again failed from d delegated he travelled with.

Again, if there was any compelling reason that would have made it impossible for Nigeria to be represented at such an important meeting then there should have been formal communication to that effect and we would have heard of it as properly explaining d woeful absence of the Nigerian delegation!

There remains no cogent reason other than death for Nigeria not to have been represented there and d fault for that rests squarely on the President! He is the face of Nigeria in the international arena now. His actions good or bad reflect on our perception out there.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Absent At UN Fundraising For Boko Haram Displaced People by Image123(m): 6:03pm On Sep 26, 2015
kenny987:

And who is supposed to appoint those government agents? Do u even understand how these things work? Do u know that this is a major international gaffe? Ur President is appealing to these same people for assistance and he can't be there or ensure his representation? Is this a joke?

To be President is not about body language. You must multi task and be seen to be competent!

It's not a must to be present before you get help. Buhari made reference to this Chad Basin thing in his interview in France. We've already asked for help and will get it. Buhari doesn't need a bowl at the UNGA.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Absent At UN Fundraising For Boko Haram Displaced People by Nellybii: 6:04pm On Sep 26, 2015
kenny987:

And who is supposed to appoint those government agents? Do u even understand how these things work? Do u know that this is a major international gaffe? Ur President is appealing to these same people for assistance and he can't be there or ensure his representation? Is this a joke?

To be President is not about body language. You must multi task and be seen to be competent!

See you teaching someone on how to be president of Nigeria. lol. Have you ever been common class captain before? lol.
Jobless maggots living on Nairaland always looking for what to blame PMB for and attack the government all in the name of criticizm. Anonymous people faceless buffoons.
If you are serious, you will come out openly not hide behind stewpid monikers here mtcheeeee
Re: Nigeria Absent At UN Fundraising For Boko Haram Displaced People by OboloMAN: 6:06pm On Sep 26, 2015
989900:

At times you've just got to buy yourself some respect.
Well done FGN!
U.S. and European Union diplomats said they were disappointed that Nigeria did not attend the event chaired by O'Brien on the sidelines of the U.N. General Assembly.

And that's the respect You Get ?

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Absent At UN Fundraising For Boko Haram Displaced People by Nellybii: 6:06pm On Sep 26, 2015
Image123:

It's not a must to be present before you get help. Buhari made reference to this Chad Basin thing in his interview in France. We've already asked for help and will get it. Buhari doesn't need a bowl at the UNGA.

Well said jare don't mind the mumus always ranting.
Re: Nigeria Absent At UN Fundraising For Boko Haram Displaced People by aksule(m): 6:07pm On Sep 26, 2015
I wonder how this country will move forward if there is glaring mistake and for the fear of "wailing wailers" and Buhari apologists who see nothing wrong with his mode of administration one cannot talk. They should be reminded that there are people alive when he was head of state and still living now that he is a democratically elected president. 12.5m voted for his rival while he garnered 15m votes. Nigeria we were made to understand has a population of 160m people. This is democracy and l believe most of us know what it entails. Attempt to cow us will not be good for the nation

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Absent At UN Fundraising For Boko Haram Displaced People by kenny987(f): 6:07pm On Sep 26, 2015
Nellybii:

See you teaching someone on how to be president of Nigeria. lol. Have you ever been common class captain before? lol.
Jobless maggots living on Nairaland always looking for what to blame PMB for and attack the government all in the name of criticizm. Anonymous people faceless buffoons.
If you are serious, you will come out openly not hide behind stewpid monikers here mtcheeeee

Typical! The moment u know u have no leg to stand on u resort to insults courtesy of the same faceless moniker u seem to love to hate. I will not even condescend to spare u any response beyond this.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Absent At UN Fundraising For Boko Haram Displaced People by Brooklynsouth(f): 6:08pm On Sep 26, 2015
DaBullIT:
In your mind now , Buhari should do every little thing that shows up, don't we have other people who could have gone ? So lame ish
wett Dog detected
Re: Nigeria Absent At UN Fundraising For Boko Haram Displaced People by Image123(m): 6:12pm On Sep 26, 2015
CSTR2:
Oh boy shut up and stop talking nonsense.
Your third world country is the worst hit and the most devastated victim of bokoharam terrorism.
A fundraiser is conducted in your honour by the UN and you decided to be absent due to gross negligence.
Go and learn how to be an intelligent sycophant.

You don't have to be rude to make your point. There's a lake Chad Basin commission in charge of this issue. It is not compulsory or necessary to attend a volunteer fundraising. Concerted efforts are already been made to get things done. We're not that helpless or stranded like the previous administration painted us. The idea was we were failing because America didn't sell weapons to us, that era is gone.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Absent At UN Fundraising For Boko Haram Displaced People by 989900: 6:13pm On Sep 26, 2015
OboloMAN:

U.S. and European Union diplomats said they
were disappointed that Nigeria did not attend the
event chaired by O'Brien on the sidelines of the
U.N. General Assembly.

And that's the respect You Get ?

Of course disappointed Nigeria is not kneeling with bowl in hand on how to split less than $7m between her and chad and cameroun ( countries with GDP both put together; not up to 25% of Lagos state's GDP).

BTW, didn't we apply for some $2b or thereabout (can't precisely place the figure now) for the NE already?
Re: Nigeria Absent At UN Fundraising For Boko Haram Displaced People by Nobody: 6:15pm On Sep 26, 2015
he should av gone wif 600 delegates na
Re: Nigeria Absent At UN Fundraising For Boko Haram Displaced People by Nellybii: 6:16pm On Sep 26, 2015
kenny987:

Typical! The moment u know u have no leg to stand on u resort to insults courtesy of the same faceless moniker u seem to love to hate. I will not even condescend to spare u any response beyond this.

Sharap there.
Re: Nigeria Absent At UN Fundraising For Boko Haram Displaced People by kenny987(f): 6:18pm On Sep 26, 2015
Image123:

It's a fundraising, duh. It's not a must to be present. We're not helpless.

Really? And whose citizens have fled to these neighbouring countries because of terror? Is it not Nigerians that were returned in droves from some of those countries? Is it not Nigerians that are wasting away as IDPs? What is d condition of their existence? And u sit there and say it is not necessary to have been represented? Was it all about fundraising? The Lake Chad project that was part of issues discussed with drought n all, does it not affect Nigeria?
Re: Nigeria Absent At UN Fundraising For Boko Haram Displaced People by kenny987(f): 6:19pm On Sep 26, 2015
Nellybii:

Sharap there.

Lol...u prove me right every time u respond.
Re: Nigeria Absent At UN Fundraising For Boko Haram Displaced People by sinizia: 6:21pm On Sep 26, 2015
DaBullIT:
You just had to type something didn't you

See what tribal and religious bias has turned you into. You can't even speak the truth to yourself. You now act like zombie. I'm sure if you hear Buhari committed murder you'd praise him for it and call everybody that speaks out - Wailing Wailers. Even your APC followers are too shameful to back you up. Lost soul.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigeria Absent At UN Fundraising For Boko Haram Displaced People by OboloMAN: 6:24pm On Sep 26, 2015
Damager:
he should av gone wif 600 delegates na

He went with Amaechi & OBJ , They both forgot the all important Boko haram Meeting
Re: Nigeria Absent At UN Fundraising For Boko Haram Displaced People by CSTR2: 6:31pm On Sep 26, 2015
Image123:

You don't have to be rude to make your point. There's a lake Chad Basin commission in charge of this issue. It is not compulsory or necessary to attend a volunteer fundraising. Concerted efforts are already been made to get things done. We're not that helpless or stranded like the previous administration painted us. The idea was we were failing because America didn't sell weapons to us, that era is gone.
The lake chad commission is a west african-chad-cameroon initiative. It has nothing to do with the UN.
Nigeria is the face of bokoharam terrorism and when the UN organize its own fundraiser, it is common sense that Nigeria should lead.
Btw, i can't see any difference between the past administration and now.
Bokoharam is still wrecking devastation on innocent lives and properties.
I can't list one new thing this administration has done differently aside changing the military heads.
Aside empty rhetorics, pictures and propagandas, there is nothing concrete that shows Nigeria is no longer helpless as you like to put it.
Re: Nigeria Absent At UN Fundraising For Boko Haram Displaced People by Olukat(m): 6:33pm On Sep 26, 2015
Nigeria priority has been shifted to HIV/AIDS grin
Scream Sai baba tongue

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Absent At UN Fundraising For Boko Haram Displaced People by Image123(m): 6:34pm On Sep 26, 2015
kenny987:

Really? And whose citizens have fled to these neighbouring countries because of terror? Is it not Nigerians that were returned in droves from some of those countries? Is it not Nigerians that are wasting away as IDPs? What is d condition of their existence? And u sit there and say it is not necessary to have been represented? Was it all about fundraising? The Lake Chad project that was part of issues discussed with drought n all, does it not affect Nigeria?

Again, we're not that helpless as to be present at every appeal and fundraising. We went to NY primarily for the UN general assembly, this fundraising event is by the way. Good they raised $6.8 million. The project is already being taken care of by the Lake Chad Basin commission. Only cordiality demands that we send someone, not necessity and definitely not compulsion. We got $5million or so from US already, and over $1billion from world bank on boko haram. We're also a big part of the Lake Chad commission. It is not compulsory that we must be at every begging function.
Re: Nigeria Absent At UN Fundraising For Boko Haram Displaced People by OboloMAN: 6:37pm On Sep 26, 2015
989900:

Of course disappointed Nigeria is not kneeling with bowl in hand on how to split less than $7m between her and chad and cameroun ( countries with GDP both put together; not up to 25% of Lagos state's GDP).

BTW, didn't we apply for some $2b or thereabout (can't precisely place the figure now) for the NE already?

Nigeria should be at the forefront on any issue concerning Boko Haram.

There's nothing to justify the absence of the president or any delegate.

Our topmost priority now is Boko haram

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Absent At UN Fundraising For Boko Haram Displaced People by Koolmexxi(m): 6:43pm On Sep 26, 2015
Appoint ministers, U say u dey come... What exactly did his delegation go for if dem no attend dis one wey concern us pass the other nations sef.
Oya tackle BH lyk u promised, U say dey are surrendering already. ... So who exactly have been bombing and carrying out attacks consistently over the past week.
I have no problem with the govt cos they have time to fix things but don't seem to know how to start. My problem is with all dis pathetic fan boys who would always com up with one stupid and lame excuse or the other.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Absent At UN Fundraising For Boko Haram Displaced People by kenny987(f): 6:46pm On Sep 26, 2015
Image123:

Again, we're not that helpless as to be present at every appeal and fundraising. We went to NY primarily for the UN general assembly, this fundraising event is by the way. Good they raised $6.8 million. The project is already being taken care of by the Lake Chad Basin commission. Only cordiality demands that we send someone, not necessity and definitely not compulsion. We got $5million or so from US already, and over $1billion from world bank on boko haram. We're also a big part of the Lake Chad commission. It is not compulsory that we must be at every begging function.

CSTR2:
The lake chad commission is a west african-chad-cameroon initiative. It has nothing to do with the UN.
Nigeria is the face of bokoharam terrorism and when the UN organize its own fundraiser, it is common sense that Nigeria should lead.
Btw, i can't see any difference between the past administration and now.
Bokoharam is still wrecking devastation on innocent lives and properties.
I can't list one new thing this administration has done differently aside changing the military heads.
Aside empty rhetorics, pictures and propagandas, there is nothing concrete that shows Nigeria is no longer helpless as you like to put it.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

PDP Primaries: Sorting Of Ballots Ongoing As Ortom Takes Unassailable Lead / Emir Sanusi Absent From Ganduje’s Inauguration / El-rufai: Jonathan, Yar’adua Persecuted Me Because They Saw Me As A Threat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.